Strong & Sensible

Hello

Lisa - sounds bad, but I really hope it is rock bottom for sis; that does suggest hope and a way out. Keep putting one foot in front of the other, that's all we can do sometimes.

Mary - the snow's cleared now and it's a bit milder. Hope work isn't too bad for you.

Jody - enjoy Disney!

I've done LITE MB and SSLB again now. Went up on weights in a couple of places for LB and I know I can go up a bit in MB next time as well (I was being sensible with my wrist!). No workouts today as I'm off to the final uni interview with DD. She's had offers from the three places she's been to so far, so let's hope that continues. It's going to be a long day, we'll be out about 12 hours!

Hi fit babes! It's good to see you all!

Jody, if you haven't enjoyed all of your tomatoes yet, can I have some? Please? I need a greenhouse to grow any here. And I don't have a greenhouse! Thank you for your kind words about my PT experience! I went back to the chiro and my neck is doing better. Yippee! Please don't be so hard on yourself, we can only do the best we can today and that's good enough! A friend of mine and I embarked on a clean eating and no drinking journey and she has done far better than I have. I'm not getting down on myself about it because I don't feel that mentally strong right now. And you know what? It's OK! Have you had any more unusual nights of sleep? Do you think it could be hormone-related? Is your thyroid OK? Good for you mom quitting smoking! I think it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. My mom was smoking 2 packs a day when she quit. It can be done! Again, you are doing what you can do workout-wise. I get into ruts and lose motivation too, we all do. I know someone who will drive to the gym, sit in her car, and sometimes decide to go back home! Hope Disney was awesome! Did you get the temps you were hoping for? As for those food plants you have, weren't they all given to you as gifts?

Thank you for all of your reports for the Lite workouts Ronne! I've done a few of them and upped the weights to get a better challenge. Then did other ones now that my neck is doing better. But now you've inspired me to go back to the Lite workouts! I agree that aches and pains can be so annoying! I hope your wrist will leave you alone soon! That's awesome DD got 3 uni offers so far! I hope the 4th interview went just as well.

Lisa, you made me LOL when you said Jody's unusual night was a normal one of yours! Thank you for your empathy regarding my neck. Fortunately, there is no arm numbness! I've had whiplash at least twice years ago so I think it's partially that, stress from my new job plus age. But I'm definitely better than I was! I've heard potassium can help with restless legs. I get them once in a while before I fall asleep. When that happens, I sit on the edge or the bed and massage my legs a bit. It helps. I read what you said about your sis and you first stated that you can never trust her again. When she tried to scam you, I too thought that maybe you could cut ties with her. (My sister and I didn't speak for over a year over money issues years ago so I can relate a little to what you are going through). I echo Ronne now that I really hope your sis has hit rock bottom. That is where people can decide o take care of themselves. I really hope she does!! It will not be easy though because it won't happen overnight. A two hour bike ride on a crisp winter day sounds wonderful! I'm glad Suki didn't get hurt in DH's fall, I take it DH didn't either?

Hi Mary, I thought of you everyday during the polar vortex you experienced. I'm happy you survived it OK!! Even though my area didn't get anything like that, I can relate to the dregs of winter!

I have been working out! No rotation right now but I've downloaded a couple so I hope to start one soon. We were sent home Friday from work due to snow so I missed my midday workout. I then made myself workout because I knew I would feel better. Did an old step one, Party Rockin' Step 1 and enjoyed the fun choreography. And yes, I felt better mentally and physically from it. I'm glad I just did cardio because the next day we had to shovel 15" of snow on our long driveway. We haven't had that much snow since we moved into the house almost 6 years ago. And there's more coming! I'm already over it.

Last Thursday, the weather people were putting the fear of Snowmageddon into us so everyone in my city and I went to the grocery store that day. I was there early evening. Some things were sold out and the lines went down the grocery aisles. Cray cray! Got through that and got gas nearby. I then saw 2 cops cars with lights flashing and no sirens pull into different places and stop. I figured they were looking for somebody. I drove past 3 more cop cars that were stopped with just their lights on. Turns out that someone robbed a cashier in the store I was just in, when I was still there! He took off on a bike and got away. Things get a little exciting here sometimes.

Have a healthy, sunny week fit babes! Hope to get back here soon. Tracy

Hi all! First of all, I managed a tabata run, or more accurately, I went for a walk in the sunshine and managed a few trots here and there! But, I was really looking forward to reporting my workout to my check in buddies. : D Thanks for being here!!! No other workouts to report cuz I did 1 work, 4 days of Disney parks, 3 days work and yesterday I was off, but skipped even trying to do a workout. My Ohio /FL /Disney aunt came home and now is in hospital with flu, pneumonia, acute renal, possible sepsis, copd, but at least we did Space Mountain! I'm going to run down to check on her again today. Then, working the next 2 days and possibly 5 in a row, so don't be surprised if I don't get back right away.

Ronne, congrats to DD and good job on new workouts plus wrist nurturing!

Lisa, scary about your sister. I hope she hasn't named him beneficiary on anything? It seems like it just gets deeper and deeper. I know your family is really trying to pull together to protect her. Take care of yourself and get some rides in or whatever makes you feel good.

Tracey I would love to share my tomatoes with you! I just did a green smoothie w/ my spinach, mint and celery. Later I noticed a little beetle in my sink, so maybe some extra protein? Oh and I dreamed I was pregnant, but my OB of choice was on vacation so I had a home birth. It was a non viable, Swedish fish baby in the shape of a gingerbread man. ??shrug??

Mary, you are too far back for me to check right now, but I hope you stay warm and keep up with the workouts! Are you doing Cathe or you tubes? I think you like the Live ones! We tried to win Hamilton lottery tickets when we were in Orlando (there is a Hamilton app) but we didn't win. Still, had fun and relatively relaxing time. My DD is a great park buddy and we hit all our faves and worked the fast pass system, had a great lunch at AK overlooking giraffe and zebras.

Hugs and waves to all!

Hi all! Well, I fell on the ice the other day, arms full, in a hurry to get to work. I twisted my knee, the think I tore some ligaments, have to wait for the swelling to go down, also of course hurt my right hand, not broken, just swelled up like a pack of sausages. So annoyed with myself, can’t do cardio, can’t do upper body. I’m done complaining!

Lisa, thinking of you and your family! Love to all.

Jody, your poor aunt! I hope she makes a swift recovery! I’m sorry about Hamilton! I tried the lottery here in Cleveland, every day, me and 40 million other people! So glad you had fun!

Ronne, so excited for DD! Does she know what she wants to study?

Tracey, 15 inches of snow??? Did your dog get lost in it?? Glad you are feeling better!

Hope all is well! Mary

Hi everyone

Tracy - Hope the snow has cleared now. Glad you're not berating yourself on falling behind on the clean eating etc. We do what we can and there's no point beating ourselves up about it. It's better than not trying at all! Hope you're enjoying the LITE workouts now and that your neck is better.

Jody - sounds like you're really busy at the moment. Disney sounds like fun - quite jealous, especially being able to go out of season. Was it quiet? Sorry to hear about your aunt, that's quite a cocktail of illnesses. Love the weird dream - I can't even begin to pick that one apart :p

Mary - oh no, poor you! You must be doing your nut (quaint English expression there for you!). How frustrating and painful. Just rest and get better.

Been keeping up with the LITE workouts but also sprinkling in the rest days. Just the LB Pyramid Pump to go and I'm doing that tomorrow. Not sure what I'll do when I get to the end of this rotation.
DD got offered a place at the last uni as well, so she's made her choice of the top two. Just needs to get the grades now! She's going to study graphic design.

Hi, I made it though 5 shifts in a row (one was just a half shift, so that helped).
Mary, I'm so sorry about your injuries! How is it all looking now? It sounds quite serious if you think you tore ligaments, ugh! Speedy healing vibes going your way~~~~~~.

Ronne, that is super awesome about DD, many congrats to her! What did you decide upon for next rotation? Are you getting in your outdoor time? I will probably do another walk/jog today. Oh and Disney parks are crowded pretty much year round according to DD as they are opening new areas all the time. We enjoyed new Avatar area at AK as well as Toy Story area at HS. Coming soon is a big Star Wars area, too. That being said, I wouldn't consider going during summer or holiday times, you wouldn't be able to move.

Tracy, how is work going? Did you end up with a lot of snow? All my food plants are either from seed or home depot. I have a steady stream of cherry tomatoes. I wonder how it will all look in the middle of summer. My season may be over soon!

Lisa, how are things going? You've been pulled in a lot of directions lately, taking care of son's dog and worrying about your sis. Actually quite a few changes on the heels of dh retirement. Let us know, how its going and hopefully you and dh get some nice rides in together.

Enough procrastinating for me, I have huge mountain of paper work to file, assess, pay, toss, or whatever. Oh and my aunt released from hospital yesterday, so she's doing better! Hugs, waves to all : D

Hi all! Knee still the same, have to make an appointment with orthopedist, hand much better, will start upper body workout tomorrow. This past weekend I had the joy of the stomach flu, did manage to lose a few pounds, so there is that!

Jody, 5 12 hour shifts in a row sounds like torture! I’m glad you survived! Also good news about your aunt!

Ronne, congratulations to DD!! So exciting for all of you!

Lisa, how are you? How is everything??

Hi Tracey!

Next weekend we get to go to Boston to see DS, so excited!! DD is going to take other DS to school with her for the weekend so he’s excited too. As long as we all stay healthy!! Lol. Mary

Hello

Jody - I've been a bit rubbish with the outdoor time. I did manage a walk last week (I think, I lose track of time) but I have been doing the LITE rotation so that's pushed it to one side. I was going to go out today but it's a bit dull, cloudy and cold so I will just have a rest day.

Mary - I bet you'll be glad to get back to UB workouts. Sorry to hear you've been ill as well. I would hve been feeling mightily sorry for myself! Sounds like you've got some fun stuff to look forward to.

So I've come to the end of the LITE rotation. I'm going to start the Feb rotation at the weekend as it looks like a fun combination of workouts. But I am going to try and be sensible and not work out more than four/five times a week.
Big birthday this week for DD, we're out celebrating tomorrow night and then she's got a few friends round here on Friday.

Quick fly by, I haven’t even been lurking, too busy with SS (sis situation). It’s going ok, therapist said she’s doing better and we met with attorney. Any free time I have I use quilting as my therapy. Not too many dog walks and no bike rides, too bleeping cold. Done with winter! We did get bikes serviced, $1000 later DH bike needed lots of repairs, he blames suki! Trying to keep the humor! Prayers still being accepted. Hugs!

Lisa, we've had warm weather mid -80s (28C) so I feel guilty for not getting out more. I'm still bike shopping, I think by now they must have more stock in so I should go test ride again. 1K is about twice the cost of my new bike, ouch! Well, you guys do put a lot of miles on them. Continued prayers for your SS.

Ronne, super happy happy BD to DD and congrats again on Uni! I know you said Graphic Arts, will she also keep German, which I believe was also an interest? Also well done on rotation. I'm not getting any DVD's in lately at all.

Mary, how did UB go? How long to wait for an ortho appt? Stomach bug sounds terrible, have you managed to avoid flu?

Tracy, how are clean eating and workouts going? Probably better than me! I know I would feel so much better if I could get the ball rolling. As far as workouts, maybe if I had a don't even think about it/default plan, I would be more consistent (like a quick run and some body weight stuff) .

I worked 8 hours on Thurs and did zilch. Fri was housework max- stairs, vac, steam mop, washed all the throws and did windows downstairs and also did a run to get rid of leftover bathroom remodel stuff that was parked in my workout area. We hauled a big old TV to dump (ugh, feels so wasteful) and other bits. And, I was super happy to see the cardinals! First time in months, since the one got inside. woop woop! I hope to go outdoors today and also do some gardening.

Hi everyone

Back to normal today after a busy few days. DD back at school and I'm back to a ton of work.

Jody - that weather sounds gorgeous. Although we did get up to 18/19 here on Sat and I hung some washing out - in Feb! Bike shopping sounds like a major pain in the ... You certainly did a workout on Friday. I read something yesterday about how fitness trackers underestimate housework calories.

Lisa - glad to hear things are quiet with you. Long may it continue.

So I started the Feb rotation, ICE LIC (the whole thing, I've never done both halves together before), GG and today GSBSB. Nice mix of stuff. Got some light bum DOMS! I'm planning to workout tomorrow and then take a rest day on Weds. No more than four days on the run for me.
The pump on our shower is bust so we've been having showers that just trickle water. Plumber coming on Weds/Thurs - so some more money to be spent!
Lots of work piling up again which is good as the money reserve has run down a bit with all the spending I've been doing recently!

Ronne, lol at expression= bum doms! Sounds like a fun rotation for you, enjoy and also good for you at making it work. Sad face to plumbing repair, I hope it isn't too steep.

Nice weather persists. I'm back posting my workout from Sat- a hiit type walk run and some body wt work and later on I went on a 2 hour hike w/ a dear friend. I got a little sun burned but really enjoyed the day. Today, I'm working on paperwork max and gardening. I messed up a bit and invited my HOA board member neighbor inside where she spied all my (contraband tomato plants and probably contraband feeders). We've got rodent issues. Oops. Working the next two to three days...bye for now!

Hi all! Knee is feeling better, so I’m going to skip the ortho, for now!

Ronne, hope your shower is back to full flow! I dislike when it just spits at me! I have been taking more rest days lately, as time passes it takes a bit longer to recover!

Jody, hope work isn’t too bad! Enjoy your weather, saw it’s supposed to be in the 80’s by you!

Lisa, thinking of you! ❤️

Hi Tracey!

Off to Boston this weekend, so excited to get my hands on that boy! See you next week! Mary

FS Shred TS and Push TS done. Dang, I can't keep up on cardio very well, the step seemed really fast, but at least I did something! Off today per coworker request to switch, so on tomorrow for sure. Mary, have a great time with your son and stay warm, my recollection of Boston in Feb is ICE. Ronne, how did the BD celebrations go? Waves to all~~~

Hi all

Jody - any follow up on the discovery of your illicit gardening? Well done on the workouts, you did something which is enough! Yes, BD went well thanks. She had a lovely time. She had about 10 friends round and we went out!

Mary - glad to hear you're recovering well. Just don't jump into the workouts too hard. Have fun with DS!

Been pretty busy with work, not much else going on. Got the workouts but did take a rest day yesterday. Today was GSCT. I did every other set of the push ups which seemed to work for me. I think I did better having had a rest day yesterday.

Hello ladies

Very quiet around here ... Mary, hope your knee is still recovering.

Been enjoying the rotation. Today was RWH LIHiit 1, yesterday HS and GS Legs on Monday.
Met a friend for lunch today and had a good catch up. Got to go to a local residents' meeting tonight - not very exciting!
Hope all is well with everyone.

Hi all! Weekend was wonderful, just so nice to be in his presence! Knee has given me no issues, so I believe it’s healed!

Ronne, I love lunch with friends, always so god to catch up, time moves so quickly. Thought of you while in Boston, shower was very low flow! Lol.

Jody, you still working? Snowbird season should be coming to a close soon?

Lisa, how are you? Hope everything is improving with sister.

Hi Tracey!

Not much else here, cold, snowing and back to work, hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Hi everyone! Yes, it is quiet around here. I'm going to bike shop today and do a workout, so those are my fitness related activities. I worked 7 of the previous 8 days, all 12's except one short one. Gator kid on Spring Break in Aruba, I'll pick her up tomorrow. It seems like she is having a lot of fun, hiking and staying at different AirBnBs, hitch hiking! I don't know why I don't worry about her, yet my other DD will be driving to see her dad, I'll be anxious the whole time she's on the road. I guess it reflects their level of confidence?

Mary, are you starting up with any lower body stuff yet? I don't know if end of season will help, our place is growing; opening a CV ICU, Pedi ER, and they just added 8 beds to our ICU, and opened up a 24 hour OBS. Yesterday we had 10 ICU holds in ER for a 23 bed unit. I'm happy you got to see your boy!

Ronne, thanks for holding down the Cathe fort! Every shower I experienced in London and York were relatively small. I know that has nothing to do with your plumbing issue, but I keep thinking about it- minimalist vs excessive.

Cold enough to need a jacket for a few days, but we are warming up again. Woop woop!

Hi fit babes! Glad to be here today!

Jody, I get tired just by reading your work schedules! They sound brutal, and I am sure you can count them as workouts! I can't do that at all even with my sit/stand desk. :) The dream you described sounds about as normal as mine are so you are not alone in that. And thanks for the tomatoes! ;) Work is going well, it's keeping me busy and outa trouble! I definitely have some challenges to deal with (personnel-wise) but I'm much happier than I was at my previous position. We got a total of 2 feet of snow dumped on us in 3 days. Very unusual! The last time we had a winter with a lot of snow was 10 years ago. Our area basically shut down because we don't have enough resources to clear things up. So I worked at home for 2 days when the power was on. It was a bit nuts. And we've stayed cold for a month afterwards--there's still snow in the yard that hasn't melted! We are supposed to warm up to highs in the 50s this week. Can't wait! I'm glad your aunt got better and was released from the hospital! Please don't feel guilty not going outside in 80 degree weather--that's hot! I wouldn't be out in it other than to sit in the shade. :cool: I hope you counted house max as a workout, many of us do! I hope nothing came of the HOA board member seeing your plants--that's what I meant when I asked if they were all gifts from friends because you can tell the board member that. :D Good going on the FS workouts! I did them this last week and paused a lot with the cardio, it was tough!! Your place of employment seems to be growing a lot, wow! You may not have a slow season after the snow birds leave. :(

Hi Mary! I'm sorry you got hurt from ice! Ice is such a scary substance! I'm glad you are all healed and didn't have to go to the ortho! We definitely would have lost our dogs in the snow if we let them loose! That and they would be covered in snowballs that cling to their fur. We didn't take them for any walks for a few days until we could shovel a path for them so we could leave our yard. And I really missed my old 4x4 when I tried numerous times to get onto the road in my front wheel drive! I finally gave up and DH and I shoveled out the compact snow and ice. All in all, I got some good upper body workouts in! I'm happy you got to see your boy in Boston! :)

Hi Ronne! I'm doing a bit better on not berating myself if I don't eat clean all the time, thank you for the thumbs up! Unfortunately, I'm really hard on myself at work and I don't even know why really. I imagine it's because I've wanted to do this type of job for years and now that I finally am, I think I shouldn't make any mistakes. Stupid, I know! But baby steps, right? Congratulations that DD got an offer at the 4th uni she interviewed with!!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her also! I'm glad the celebration was fun for all. Hope work is still busy for you so the money pours in! I used to work 9 hour work days and have every other Monday off. But I ended up spending too much money so I don't do that anymore! :D I thought I was doing the Feb rotation like you were until I saw you were doing the GS workouts. GS workouts are not in my rotation so what am I doing? Oh, January's! :oops:

Lisa, I LOLed about Suki being the cause of DH's bike repairs! Many hugs and prayers to you about SS, and that Spring arrives soon so you can ride more.

I've made a few changes in my eating and drinking and have dropped 5 pounds. That makes me happy because I haven't done anything drastic to make a difference. I don't know if I'll lose anymore without stepping things up some so I'll see how I do over the next 2 months or so. Then Beachbody is doing a program at the end of April I want to do and I will tighten up the eating more then if needed. It will likely take that long for me to psych myself up to do that! :p I'm also planning to add a supplement about 30 minutes before I do a workout. I am not getting through some workouts without getting shaky even though I fuel up beforehand. And I have failed on some weight work too. A friend of mine uses something called C4 before a workout (I think of C4 as an explosive from a TV show!) and she told me she'd never be able to get up at 5 a.m. and workout without it. Not that I'll ever get up at 5 a.m. and workout, not this girl!

Have an awesome and healthy week fit babes! Tracy

Hi everyone! Break from nursing classes, still have my medics tho. Today did a Cathe live, PHA with blasts.

Tracey, my DH takes C4, he says it helps, however he does get like tingly and numb, said it lasts about 10 minutes. I’ve never tried it. I’d probably think I was having a stroke! Congratulations on the weight loss! I wish I had more discipline!

Jody, your facility is really expanding! Hope you get some downtime for yourself!

Lisa, how are you???

Ronne, when will DD decide where she wants to go?

I’m going to enjoy this quiet! Good day to all! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.