Strong & Sensible

Hi ladies, I’m beat so thought I’d pop in here as I have no motivation to do anything else! We did do a bike ride today, it’s a lot cooler for the weekend, 80, almost perfect! We’ve been hitting 20 miles last couple of rides since we had a couple cool days even though it’s a bit humid , the monsoons from Mexico come up this time of year, something about how the jet stream is, shrug.
The shootings are very disturbing! I’m not sure I’d have kids if I was younger with the way things are, the young adults are sadly used to it all, as it is I’ll be a grandma next year, say whaaat?

Mary, congrats on the twins reaching 21! Such admirable young people, why can’t everyone be the responsible parents we all are? So how are your bowels? Haha haha that was funny!

Jody, my motto now is, use it or lose it! 9 mph is better than the person in the couch! I averaged 12 mph on the flattest trail I can find here , only 250 ft or so in elevation gain. It wears you out in a different way than the hills do mainly because I rest on the downhills!

Tracy, congrats on 1 yr at the job! Speaking of jobs, my sis got laid off. It’s amazing to think that in the last year, she lost her money, her house and now her job. What a life reboot, and at 60! She did get 3 months severance and already has a few interviews next week. She was shocked and hurt to be let go, I told her it could turn out better in the long run just like she says she’s happier where she lives now, has many more interactions with people at her senior apartment. The highway has quit sinking and now they are backfilling it with better dirt, I do miss that bike route! How are the winters where you are? I do like that when it snow here it’s gone by the next day, doesn’t ice up like in the east.

Ronne, you’d be so proud of me, for the most part my stretching routine is helping my sore areas. Now that I see results I’m dedicated to my stretch routine, use it or lose it!

Hello

Jodie - I was genuinely shocked at what you reported someone saying. That is vile. I know there are loads of conspiracy nuts online but to actually say that out loud is unbelievable. On a lighter note, you must have been really tired on Sat morning! Did you drink what came out or realise in time?!! :oops: Good going on the workouts whatever version you're doing!

Lisa - missed your post somehow! Well done on the stretching!! I am impressed. I couldn't function without it! Sorry about your sis, it's not fun being laid off but at least she got some money.

We had a lovely couple of days with friends and I really appreciated the break. Weather wasn't great but we still managed to get out. DD was massively disappointed last week as she was supposed to go to a music festival and it got cancelled because of bad weather (it's on a clifftop by the coast). It was her first ever festival - such a shame. She did go away for a few days instead with a friend and family.
Bit quieter this week as I start Mesocycle 2. Done the first two disks and am enjoying the different approach. I'm not sure whether it's making any visible difference to be honest although I do think I am stronger.

Good morning! I have been working out.

Jody, wow, was that a co-worker that said that? Horrifying. I look at our state of affairs now and it absolutely breaks my heart.

I modify workouts too! In my mind at least I’m moving? That’s how I justify it! Lol!

Ronne, I feel DD’s pain and disappointment! When I was 16 I had tickets to see Journey, I also had mononucleosis at the time, my mom said “stop, they’ll be back”, Steve Perry left the band shortly after that. I’ve never forgotten and to this day still carry a little resentment towards my mom! Lol!

Lisa, is someone pregnant???? Are you going to be a grandma???

Hi Tracey!

Well, Chris Isaak was incredible! My dad loved it! Kids are legal, we will be celebrating proper in 2 weeks when DS comes back from Chicago, going downtown for the night, DH did great in his tri, it was the USA national championship, about 5,000 people. Lots of impressive athletes. DS and I are going to see Hobbs and Shaw today, a little Dwayne Johnson, Idris Elba and Jason Statham for me to appreciate! Have a good day! Mary

Hi! Yesterday was Couch Max, I think I aced it. Lisa you have congrats on becoming a grand? Woop woop! Also I think your BD is near, cuz my mom's was yesterday and I think you have same? Happy BD!?

Hiit 40/20 done today. I really slipped into the abyss there for a bit.

Mary, I had to look up that artist, I didn't know the name but was familiar with his hits. I bet it was a great show, glad you got to go and enjoyed i with family! LOL about carrying that resentment around. I wasn't a big Journey fan but can imagine that disappointment. Since I'm excited about the B52s soon, I think we must have been in different music camps. Woop woop to DH Tri success!

Ronne, sad face and sympathy for DD missing the festival. Good job on your workouts, you are practically half way, right?

So that comment wasn't from co worker. I'd heard similar conspiracy before (on FB?) regarding the Pulse Orlando shooting. Sadly, it is the sort of thing I imagine my mom would buy into, but I won't go to far down that rabbit hole, but that is very much the culture in my area.

Lisa, I hope your sister is OK. It's not easy creating security at 60. Are you getting sucked back in as far as care taking?

Waves to all~~~ I'm working tomorrow then off for a few days, so I'll be back with some workouts.

HI everyone! Its been hot, hot, and hot here! We have been riding our shorter distances. The beginning of this week we are off dog sitting duty so we escaped to the mountains yesterday to ride to get away from the heat. It was beautiful! We only did a day trip and were completely exhausted, but so happy to sleep in our own bed (I'm funny that way), and slept 10 hrs! Wowzers!

Jody, That DNA explains a lot about you! hhahaha! It sounds to me like you weren't in an abyss, just a break? lol? RE: sis, I've been her cheerleader but ready for less contact, I don't want her to totally be dependant on my company again but trying to support her in the job loss as in telling her it will be for the better things happen for a reason, blah blah. She did find a job! For a bit more money than she was making even! she goes to work next week, so this week she doesn't need my cheerleading so I told her we were staying in the mountains so she wouldn't call or stop by since she's still not working this week (bad Lisa!) . I definitely did NOT let her turn in her time "off" to a let's go do stuff event! She wanted to go shopping, I HATE shopping and so told her no thanks a few times! Yes, I can say NO! Oh, and yes, I am going to be a grandma (or g-ma as I like to say, sounds hipper :) ) . I did slide that in my last post and you girls caught on! I'm ambivalent about it, but yes I did just have a birthday so now that I'm 55 I guess I can be a g-ma :) It's my oldest son who's been married for over 7 years---he also turned 30 this year. I told him to get his traveling done before kids so I guess since they've been to Ireland once (her heritage) and Japan twice (his heritage) they are ready. I think she is around 9-10 weeks preggo, she's looking for a better dr as she didn't like the first because they never took a blood test or gave her a due date but did an ultrasound. Sounds weird, not how they did it for me!

Mary, see above about g-ma---you got my slide in reference in my last post too! DH loves Journey, me meh. Surprising fact, I've never been to a concert (protected childhood)....my brother says yea, he knew Mom wouldn't let him go when we were young but he went anyway....I guess I've never been that good at fibbing.

Ronne, it is always nice to get away for a break. Seems I needed to get away more when I was working. Still yesterday was fun for us even though even in the mountains it got easily to the high 80s (not sure of the conversion, sorry! Us Americans really should have went metric back when we were kids like I remember schools saying was going to happen but we never really learned the metric system, or I didn't....FL schools :) . Maybe it was that way everywhere? I'm blabbering on now, I better close!

Hi friends! Bike ride on Mon, UB wts yesterday via a stacked sets premix, that was a first for that dvd I think. I've had annual physical this week in order to qualify for a discount on my health insurance. I will use as an inspiration to be rebooting my eating and other lifestyle. I will be back with workout and personals. I really show my age by slow thumb typing on my phone. I'm like the sloth in Zootopia.

Hi ladies

Another week gone, not sure where ...

Jody - I like those stacked sets workouts. Hope the physical was OK. :oops:

Lisa - huge congrats on becoming a g-ma (!) Sounds like a lovely trip to the mountains. Can't believe your temps. Well done for learning to say no as well. You're making progress!

Mary - that is so impressive for DH. He must be pretty good. Sounds like you've been having some good family time.

My parents came to stay at the weekend, we did our usual country house visit and also got some gardening done. Ripped out some dead stuff and put in some new stuff. Had a day off yesterday, went to a spa for the day with DD. It was bliss, loads of different steam rooms and saunas to sit around in, an outdoor heated pool, nice comfy nooks to hide away and relax in and a massage and a facial. We didn't want to leave!

Ronne, blissful day with DD sounds amaaaaazing!
I did SSSB Lower, a pm with abs and then did a few errands on bike so I got about some riding done as well. I'm planning on tubing this weekend!
Lisa, I'm thrilled your sis found a new position! Ha ha, being a G-ma will be very interesting! Your bike pics in the mountains looked really pretty, I would love to ride there. Do you think I'd need a jacket to tolerate the 80's?
Mary, did you like the movie? I lol'd about the beefcake factor. I'll have to look up Jason Statham though. oooh He's hot annnd British! He bears some likeness to your DH as well?

Hello everyone! Sorry to be silent, not sure what I have been doing?? I have been working out tho!

Jody, lol! Yes, DH does bear some resemblance to Jason Statham, just doesn’t have the accent unfortunately! Have fun tubing! That is alway so much fun!

Ronne, sounds like the absolutely perfect day, I wish my DD would enjoy that. I’m not too keen on massages myself, but the rest sounds incredible.

Lisa, lol on fibbing to your sister! I’ll go shopping with her! How wonderful to have your family expanding! And to get to smell a new baby!

Hi Tracey!

Well, tomorrow DD has her band showcase, DS will be able to finally be able to see her march as her flies in tomorrow for a week! I’m so excited to have us all together for a day or two. I miss their laughter and sass. Back to full time classes next week. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Mary

Hello

Jody - is that tubing down rapids or something? Have fun whatever it is! Are Brit accents attractive?

Mary - What are the twins doing next? I'm sure you've told us, so apologies for forgetting! :rolleyes:

Bank Holiday weekend here and the sun is shining all weekend for once (they're usually disappointing and rainy). We'll probably do another country house as we've got a year's membership so we get in free to these places. Just me and DH as DD has gone to Germany to stay with a friend's family for a few days. We're getting some practice in at being on our own ... Off to the cinema tonight to see the latest Tarantino.
I'm halfway through the second mesocycle, this week was harder than last. Did some very relaxing yoga yesterday just to give my body a rest. I'm finding it difficult to fit in cardio with STS. Doing those three workouts a week plus the odd yoga just feels enough for me at this stage.

Tubing <--- good short vid of where I'm headed. Top speed about 1 mph, so no to rapids. I did Lite workout today BW+B CC plus PP one set everything. 30 Mins from ding to dong, good mash up. I'm psyched to head out in a bit, waves to all!

6715 a day in the life in Fl! Ha ha, I thought this was funny, I went to look up some mundane thing on Google and record setting pythons and hurricane spaghetti models show up. I'm like yea, whatever, but what is a good screen protector?

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
Jody, stay safe! Prayers for everyone

Ronne, how was the movie? It looks interesting.

Lisa, how are you??

Hi Tracey!

Have been working, hanging out with the kids, and working out, I’ll have more time next week! Mary

Hello

Mary - the film was great. We really enjoyed it. I don't think anyone under the age of 40 would get it all though. There were things that went over my head that my DH knew! How's the return to work been?

Jody - fingers crossed it doesn't get to you.

Almost finished Week 3 of Mesocycle 2. Been finding it a bit hard this week but I think it's because I haven't been sleeping as well. I did MMA Fusion today; it was like doing a new DVD as I hadn't done it for so long. I wasn't too good on those kick through with one hand on the floor things, very ungainly!

Hi, Thurs workout was Lite PP premix. I was out late last night for the B52s concert (fun) and have storm prep today. I'm not really feeling a workout today.

Ronne, I'll have to look up that movie, not sure which one? I don't even own MMA Fusion, but that move sounds tricky. Tubing was fun- it was about a 3 hour float. Previously we've had a manatee and calf swim past, but this time was mostly birds and turtles to see- still very pretty. Well done on the strength training. DD back home? Isn't she going to Germany soon for Uni? I'm forgetting at the moment.

Mary, I know you enjoy those kiddos when they are home! I thought of your band family. There was an incident recently where Gator band leader guy was assaulted by rival fans at an away game. Awful! Thanks for prayers on storm, at this time, it looks likely and severe. :oops:

Lisa, I haven't been riding much, you? I should open Strava to check! I hope your CO sis is doing OK with new job and hope your FL sis does OK with storm.

Tracy, hi and waves~~

I'm likely locked into work for next several days- anxious about storm and also pap came back with issues, so anxious about that as well. Just breathe.

Hi ladies! The days keep slipping away from me! No boredom in retirement here! We have been riding about 60 miles a week.....we had a couple cool days (70s), ah! so nice! But seriously people in long sleeves and jackets? We still have the 90+ days but the mornings have a bit of coolness that it doesn't have in the summer...I'm about in heaven! But again, people in long sleeves and jackets? and sweat pouring off me? I bet Jody would be one of those in a jacket ;)

Mary, I used to not like massages! I had one this week, was very sore on the top muscle from neck to shoulder....that's caused by raising shoulders so what that means is stress.....being my sis cheerleader is still stressful, thankfully my brother is helping out with the cheer squad! :) She does seem to like her new job but lots to learn....that's all good.

Ronne, sounds like a normal slow down of working out to me, ah the joys of getting older :) So, what is Marmut (not sure of spelling ), it's something you put on toast, you either love it or hate it. Simon Cowell was talking about it on America's Got talent. All british things I think of you :) Your new PM reminds me of a bad guy in one of the James Bond movies, DH says it's 'From Russia with Love". I'm so bad but I always think it when I see him.

Jody, Dorian, dorian, dorian....I hope it misses you and FL sis. I'll still take snow over hurricanes :) Breathing is good ;) Tubing sounds fun, but I"m not one for icky water, especially as I age! What is happening to me? I'm turning into my mother!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.