Strong & Sensible

Yep, that’s the bike path (the fence starts right when you start over the bridge) and the highway is to the right where the sinkhole is. I really liked this route ☹️

Hi everyone!

I'm back! We've been back a week actually but what with jetlag, washing, work, I just haven't had the energy to post. Oh and I also started STS!

Please excuse lack of personals but I have read them all I promise!

NY was fabulous from beginning to end. Everything went like clockwork, flights, transport, hotel was great and in a great area. We packed loads in, did pretty much all the major sights. Temps averaged high 80s every day with high humidity but we coped bravely!! ;) Highlights were Coney Island (sounds odd but it reminded me of British seaside resorts!), 9/11 memorial museum (odd to call it a highlight but it was hugely impressive, very thorough and moving), Frick collection, baseball (didn't have a clue what was going on but it was fun!). I'm now the proud owner of a Mets t-shirt! We ate really well, used the subway and buses to get around and just generally had a great time.

Lisa, you are CRAZY! :D:D I see poetry and creativity run in your family as well. Also thumbs up on the lovely quilts!
Mary, best wishes to DH on Sun. I've not had any long stretches off from work lately but will have a nice run starting next week.
Ronne, I saw some fireworks over NY skyline posted somewhere, I wondered if you caught anything or if you had started your trip yet.
I was looking on airbnb and saw my awesome stay in London - makes me want to have another go! But for now looking up around Gville to visit dd, hike and bike maybe. Today's Fri workout was a KCM. I should have done something Thurs but turned out to be couch potato day. I'm on work Sat Sun Mon~

Ooops, I didn't see the recent posts. Lisa, OMG that is crazy, I can see why it would take so long to fix. Ronne, welcome back! Sounds like it was a great trip!!

Link to live web cam at inlet, just south of where I snorkel. Inlet cam I bought an awesome book on Florida marine fish. Non reassuring- most every shark pic was taken in Jupiter, LOL.

Tues 7/23 Edit
30/30 Hiit for me today. I'm taking my bike in so they can look at my brakes, probably just a loose cable but I don't know how to fix and my rear brake isn't working at all. How are the STSers doing? Mary did you take it back up? Why was DH in ice bath on FB? Part of the Triathlon process? Lisa, I watched those reports, geez, what a mess. I hope your other routes will hold you over til??? Ronne, do you have more travel plans over summer? I was speaking with coworker from Bristol re travel from UK seems way less expensive. How is STS treating you?Waves to all~~

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Just finished today’s Cathe live, it was good. No, I haven’t restarted STS, lost my mojo!

Lisa, that looks like it will take years to fix! I’m sorry.

Jody, it was so humid on Sunday, he was overheating, I couldn’t believe he just jumped in there and sat! Felt better tho. Looks like you had fun with your friends. All of you so beautiful!

Ronne, so glad you had fun! Did you have hotdogs and beer at the game? Next tim you will have to get a Cleveland Indians shirt!

Hi Tracey!

Not much here, working, we did have a wedding last weekend. Hotter than an oven! Youngest DS and I saw the new Spider Man, proud I didn’t fall asleep. DD and I are going to the theater tomorrow, Come From Away, that’s about it! Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

30/30 Hiit again, I modify and sub but it's nice working out with the Cathe crew. Mary, thanks! We were celebrating a birthday. I'm glad DH had an ice bath to jump into! Lisa, I see multiple days of rides for you in a row on Strava. I got my bike fixed and plan to take it somewhere for a ride. Ronne, I hope you are re grouped from vacay by now. Hi Tracey, how are the festivals going? LOL, my friend whose BD we just celebrated is going to Burning Man and hopes to be home in time for her grandbaby to be born.

Hi ladies! Has everyone melted? Ronne, I see the hot temps in Europe, wow! Mary I hate humidity! We had a cool day ( 70) but oh the humidity, I was drenched from my easy bike ride, I sweat so much, I’m sure Jody remembers from the Road trip. Im not sure how I ever survived growing up in Florida. I’m not sure I could jump into an ice bath though! Jody, hoping the bike fix wasn’t too costly. It’s close to time for us to get our chains replaced again. I’m sure you had a blast with the girls. I had some GFs over and it took me 2 days to recover, I was so tired from all the fun we had!

We’ve changed our sunday ride to the north to avoid the bike path debacle. We have quite a few options, I always thought to the north was more hills. Turns out it’s the same elevation gain, just most of it is all at once, sigh. I always say I’ll walk the bike if needed but I never need to. I’ve had a lot of headaches his summer, I blame allergies. So much moisture that everything is blooming!

Hi all!
Lisa, bike fix was zero, I just had a cable loose and he tucked it back in. I would be screwed if I had to fix own bike and I was out in the middle of who knows where. I will buy a tube/ flat tire fix though to keep with me, maybe a good Samaritan will help me, if needed, until my skill set improves, cuz I do NOT know how to fix a flat! In the mean time, wish me luck, I'm taking bike with me to Daytona and Gator country to see dd in her new space. It did look like you enjoyed your GFs on FB. My friend gathering moved to my house after the restaurant and lasted til 10pm - that did wear me out for next day.

Mary, I am sure you enjoyed theater with DD (or will tonight?)! I just read somewhere that the Marvel Universe has like 250 hours of movies associated with it. I have quite a task should I ever choose to get caught up. Right now we are watching Star Trek Next Gen- so far its a little more painful to see than I thought! DD keeps muttering " its ok, it was the 80's, at least they have more women in the cast".

Ronne, I've seen lots of high heat forecast as well. I'm sorry for the suffering and also potential negative impact. How are your muscles doing? I think my knee is triggered mostly by LB weight.

August quickly approaching, time is flying by. I need to stay present in the moment. I did Hiit 40/20. How does a DVD go from unused to the only one I need in such short time? Have a great weekend!!

PS Mary I will keep Love Shack in my head now b/c of how hot it was at the wedding~

Last edited:
Hi everyone

Lisa - that's some serious road problems! Glad you've got some alternative routes to turn to. Yeah, the heat has been pretty awful here. Worse at night, makes it really hard to sleep. I had the fan going all night on Thursday which I never do. It's now dropped 10 degrees (C) and is cool and rainy. What a relief!

Jody - it looks like you've fallen in love with Cathe Hiit again! Glad you had fun with your friends. It's funny that you're bushed by 10pm!! Have fun cycling at DD's new place. I'm really impractical as well so would be completely useless if I got a flat tyre. Love that inlet cam as well. It looks beautiful! We did manage to see the 4th July fireworks in NYC. We went down to the East River and were right by Brooklyn Bridge. They were spectacular! It felt really special to be part of that experience. This is a photo of people heading down there: they close all the roads off so you can get right by the river.

Mary - well done to DH on the triathlon. Hope you enjoyed the theatre, I've not heard of that show. Unfortunately we didn't find the stand that had veggie hot dogs (we saw it on the way out!) so we had pretzels and fries (a bit of an odd combination!) but we did enjoy the beer! Yes, I'd like to get a collection of shirts. The best thing about the t-shirt I got was it was a junior one in the sale - I got an XL for $15!

I have been keeping up with STS. I'm almost at the end of week 3. I haven't been doing much else with it though. I've done a couple of cardio workouts and one or two yoga. I just find it's enough on its own. I'm enjoying it though. Apart from that, I've just been trying to keep cool. Not doing much else at the moment as we're booking quite a few things for the autumn, trips away with family/friends, etc. Also awaiting the credit card bill from NYC!

Last edited:
Hi all

Jody - that trail looks great. Hope you've had a nice time with DD.

Just one more disc of Meso 1 to go. I've enjoyed it but looking forward to a week off. Will probably get some yoga and light cardio in. Apart from that, it's pretty quiet round here. Haven't been doing very much really.

Hello everyone! Have been working out and working, mowing too!

Jody, that looks like a beautiful area. So glad DD found her cat! We moved out DD into a new rental yesterday. She was organized, however her friends, well not so much! Lol, I was just throwing stuff into boxes, I hope they find everything!

Ronne, congratulations on your perseverance! I need to get back into it.

Lisa, your quilting is so beautiful! Such a gift you have.

Not much here, this weekend we are going to the Asian Lantern Festival at the zoo. Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Bike riding this past weekend and after a couple days off another today . Finally did 20 miles (we've been doing less than 20 this year), I enjoy cutting back the miles, I'm not wiped out all day!

Ronne, no air conditioning for you? Oh my, I couldn't live without AC! When I first moved to CO we didn't have AC but quickly realized that even though it's not as bad as FL it still gets hot! Even if it is a dry hot! I"m assuming you have high humidity too?

Mary, thank you, I do enjoy creating and a lot of the time when I quilt it's very Zen for me. Hmmmm, maybe that's why my BP is lower than ever?

Jody, Glad kitty is back! RE: flats. Here in CO, AAA will pick up cyclists if you have a membership, I had that when Suki and I rode alone. We made our bikes tubeless (a lot of bikes can be converted to tubeless, and it only cost us around $15). They seal the tire on the rim and you just have to add sealant every 3 months or so. I love it, we have very few worries! We do carry a small bottle of sealant with us (and a CO2 inflator to pump it back up). I do hope someone would help you, I know we always ask if someone seems to have a problem. When we cycled in SD, we had a flat (that was pre-tubeless) and there aren't very many on the trail, but DH had it under control, near the end lots of cyclists rode by and all asked if we were ok.

Off to do my zen creative blood pressure lowering activity :)

Hi fit babes! Before I write further, I just want to say that you are in my thoughts and prayers Mary and I really hope that no one you know and love was anywhere near that nightclub in Dayton last night. My heart is just sick over it.

I will bring things back to my lighter side now....

Jody, I thought about the Daytona RT for a couple of seconds but didn't think anyone here planned to attend ever again! Is it sold out now? I'm glad your mom is OK and I hope there are no more trips to the hospital anytime soon! I LOLed about your VR comments and especially your Sims game! My friend and I stayed in Hood River, then drove to trailheads to hike. We only hiked a few miles because it was darn hot, we were limited on where we could go due to a huge fire from 2 years ago and we got distracted by wineries! Which DVD is 30/30 Hiit on? I'm not sure I have that one and I'd love to have a new favorite! I haven't attended anymore festivals lately, we're too tired or there's too much work to do. :p Your friend is quite the adventurer going to Burning Man! I've never felt like dry camping in the desert in the Summer, I'm kind of a princess that way! I'm very glad to hear that DD's cat returned home, I've been through that myself and it was such a relief when he came home.

Hi Mary! There was just one shot in the croquet game that used the stability ball. That's why I had to get a photo! With the wildlife in your area, I would worry about little Boo also! I just found out that there's now a mama bear and her cub in the area. That raises the scariness factor up for me! Our next door neighbors have chickens, turkeys and geese. They make quite a ruckus at times. We don't really care for them. We had a full day of misty rain this past week so the grass and weeds have continued to flourish. Grr. You know, I don't think I could jump into an ice bath no matter how hot I am. I LOLed about you packing for DD's friends.

Hi Lisa! We are hot here today, that's why I'm visiting! Those photos and that video of your highway is something else!! I'm glad you are finding other routes around it but I do hope it can be fixed. I liked the duet you and your brother wrote! I popped onto FB to see your quilts and they are absolutely beautiful Lisa! I sure wish I had your talent!! That's pretty cool that AA will pick up cyclists in CO. I don't know if they do that in WA. Like you, I can't live without AC! I gave up an indoor fireplace to get it when we built our house.

Hi Ronne! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time in NY! I laughed about your baseball game attendance--baseball is fun whether you know the game or not. Nice deal on that t-shirt too--I will try that sometime! I watched the NYC fireworks on tv and they were spectacular. How wonderful you got to see them there!

Not a lot going on here! Have been working out and following rotations to keep it interesting. Passed my one year probation at work so I can relax a bit about that. Or do what my friend suggested--start calling out sick! Had my friend I went to Hood River with and her DH over yesterday. We did a short hike to a beach on the sound, hung out at the harbor and then had dinner at a restaurant outside. It could not have been a more perfect day and it was just beautiful outside. Please don't slap me for saying this, but I hated the summers in CA because they were so hot. But I absolutely love the summers in the NW. I'm grateful for where I live.

Have a great week and stay cool fit babes!! Tracy

Tracy, agree and well spoken about the shootings. Quick drive by to drop off my workouts- today was LITE pyramid 1 set UB and LB, and some of the ab work. I worked 3 days prior and last Thurs was Hiit 40/20. Tracy, the Hiit dvd is from the Shock Cardio STS series era HiiT .

Good morning all! Today did a Cathe live,

Oneof the twin’s friends from high school was there that night, she is safe. I’m so heartbroken that anyone has to ever go through something so horrifying. We all need to be safe in our daily life.

Tracey, I do not like heat either! 75-77 degrees is perfect! With a light breeze and sun, I’m in heaven! Here is Ohio there is so much humidity, argh! That’s why I always keep my hair tied down! Yay on passing probation!

Lisa, I didn’t realize Colorado had high humidity too! Is no place humid free???

Ronne, m sorry about the heat. We have air, however DH likes a cross breeze! We don’t run it too often. I’m glad it’s settling down for you.

Jody, how’s work? We have been really busy.

Well, I feel like all I talked about was the weather! Am I turning into that person?? Next I’ll be the old lady telling everyone about my bowels? Lol, crack myself up! The zoo was so beautiful with all the lanterns, this week we are going to see Chris Isaak in concert, the twins turn21, (what? How?). And DH has the USA triathlon Saturday. I think that’s enough! Anyway, good thoughts for all of you! Mary

Hi all

Mary - are you doing something with the twins for their 21st? Wow, that has gone quickly! Do they graduate this year? DH's triathlon sounds serious! Glad you enjoyed the zoo.

Lisa - the humidity varies, it is very humid at the moment even though it's not that hot. Downstairs is fine, it's just upstairs it's a bit unpleasant. It's very warm during the night.

Tracey - that hike sounds just beautiful. The way you describe where you live I think I'd be very comfortable there. I'm not too keen on the heat (not living in it, I don't mind it for a holiday). Oh well, not that I'll get much choice about that with our summers getting hotter ...

Jody - well done on the workouts. I did Pyramid last week - that's my favourite on that DVD. 40/20 is tough!

So I'm enjoying the lighter week - went for a 30 min walk yesterday and did 25 mins of yoga today. It's worked out really well as work is super busy again this week so taking over an hour to do STS out of my day would have been tricky. We're off to see friends for a couple of nights at the end of the week. Looking forward to a mini break.

Ronne, I hope your visit was fun and rejuvenating! Ha ha, I can make any workout easier these days or at least do able. My mods often lead to me doing a workout in the same room as dvd that bears little resemblance to what is playing. I'm looking forward to hearing about changes/perception of benefits from STS.

Mary, that is so sad about your kids' friend. I can't imagine the trauma. Overheard at work "you know those are just actors, this stuff always comes up around election time ". I am shocked at what people will believe in order to avoid feeling responsibility or pain. Happy BD to the Twins! And good luck to hubs on the Tri, may he have an ice bath available if needed!

Tracy, LOL at getting distracted by wineries!! Has it been one year at the new position??? Geez, that went quickly for me at least! Ha ha, I never call in sick, it is my one redeeming quality as an employee! I suspect you don't either. Friend time/couple time sounds like it was really special.

Lisa, I thought of you when I saw some lovely quilts in a locals art gallery in Gville. Plus when I was biking the trail, of course. I'm definitely slow, my avg is 9 mph. I don't know if I should care? LOL two girls passed me, chatting and one was riding NO Hands!

I think I'm alone in my tolerance for the heat. Groggy this morning, I put kitty kibble in my coffee filter when making a brew. Possible beach/snorkel today. I had leg DOMS from the Pyramid workout for a few days, shows how little I do LB. I'm headed to do a Cathe (TBD) but I got new shoes, so I better put them to work!
ETA I did a PM from Lite Metabolic Blast or just MB? so many workouts can I still use just initials?

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.