Rotation idea feedback ...

Debinmi

Cathlete
One month for building muscle and losing fat ...
M/F: TOTAL BODY (ex: STS TB, S&S TBGS, MM, FT TB, etc)
T/R: metabolic weight training (LITE MB, ICE META, LITE PHA, ICE BC, LIS AB & AT, etc)
W: LOWER BODY (ex: LLB, GG, LLA, any leg workout)
S/S: rest, yoga/stretch, walk/hike, bike, maybe a kickbox)

I was thinking the metabolic would be ok between heavier weight workouts since they use lighter weights, yet am still concerned about recovery. I saw a posting by Cathe that recommended metabolic workouts for fat loss. I'm wondering if anyone has done this type of rotation, and what were your results? TIA

I think this is too much weight training. Your muscles need time to recover.
MW&F target arms, back and legs (I’m doing Gym Style this month). T&R do cardio with no weights. This can be LISS or HIIT. Saturday can be total body (Muscle Max or similar is what I’m doing ) or a good metabolic total body workout. Sunday is complete rest. And every fifth week is just cardio with metabolic or light weight training.

Short of this:
Take a look at Cathe’s monthly rotations and see how she stacks them. Go from there. And remember: none of this matters if you’re not eating well. ;)

Good luck!

Thanks for your feedback. I was kinda thinking it was too much weight work too. I just finished about 5 months of 3-day splits (STS 3.5 month rotation & a month of alternating Gym Styles and RWH series), so was looking to change things up. I think I'll keep with the TB workouts this month, but since it's still summer, alternate the MWT/HIIT with outdoor walks, hikes, & bike rides. Next month I'll rotate an UB, LB &TB each week, so as to hit each body part 2x/week. I do enjoy the MWT workouts over HIIT though (as well as SS over HIIT). I'm thinking when winter comes I'll add HIIT back in more regularly as a spin workout since I won't be bike riding outside. Thanks again for your input

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.