pyramid upper body

cb1924

Cathlete
I did pyramid upper body for the first time ( in a long time). I lent it out. It has been over a year. Well anyway, my biceps and chest are soooo sore today!!!! What a great workout! I am going to attempt pyramid lower body tomorrow.

Anyone else driving themselves crazy, checking the STS blog update 10 times a day, hoping for a glimmer of hope at the end of this tunnel!!

I love PUB more so than the PLB. I can do it without actually watching the workout but enjoy the fact I can hit every muscle group pretty hard and quick and feel it the next day. PLB definitely makes me more sore than any of Cathe's other lower body workouts including B&G. I guess it's the 5 sets of every exercise.

And yes, It's almost ridiculous how many times I check the blog for some kind of update, anything, just something.

Annette

I love the Pyramids too! They got me in awesome shape after baby #2 - I'm hoping to use them again to build up some strength for STS after this baby is born.

I also love PUB. Haven't done it in a little while, but I'm planning to go back to endurance workouts next week, so I'm sure I'll work it in there.

The last time I did PLB, I was still hating all lower-body workouts. I should give it another try now that I've decided I like them.

Oh gosh - do I have to break out the credit card for these? I just spent $154 yesterday when I ordered 4DS, LowMax, fitness by cathe gloves and the tubing (already have tubing, but ordered because I want the door things for modified pullups for STS) ...

Oh gosh - do I have to break out the credit card for these? I just spent $154 yesterday when I ordered 4DS, LowMax, fitness by cathe gloves and the tubing (already have tubing, but ordered because I want the door things for modified pullups for STS) ...

Mary,

Yes, you need to get this series. It's one of my favorites! It's the only workout that I get DOMS in my biceps. I did it this morning in fact so I'll be feeling it tomorrow!!

I just read an article (tonight!) that discussed the fact that DOMS isn't really related to how effective a program is and isn't correlated to how hard you work.

Having said that, I believe pyramids is a very effective workout.

I did PUB not to long ago & also remember quite the burn. Next week I am going to do PLB. I can't tell you when I did thatone last.....L-O-N-G time ago!!

I actually like the bonus w/o the one that combines both in about an hour. A nice one when you are looking for a total body.

I love the PUB too. I don't enjoy the lower body workout as much especially the one leg squats. I hate those! They are both great workouts.

I think they come right after the leg presses which is the first exercise. Cathe starts off with a 25 lb BB and does a set of 12 on each leg and so on. I believe they're more like lunges though.

Annette

I think they come right after the leg presses which is the first exercise. Cathe starts off with a 25 lb BB and does a set of 12 on each leg and so on. I believe they're more like lunges though.

Annette

AHA! I figured that she was referring to the lunges. Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.