Plie Jacks are Great Thigh Shapers!

Aquajock

Cathlete
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but since implementing the new HC I-Max 3 and Kick Max Boot Camp Challenge routines into my program, as well as increasing the number of times I do the I-Max 2 Blast Only premix (including the Nosebleed Interval #9) my thigh muscles, especially the quads nearer the knee joint, have really shaped and defined themselves. It must be the plie jacks, as challenging as those intervals are to get through. When I do these intervals, I find the landing forces and propulsive forces much more from the toes and the the quads, which makes sense because you don't have as much time to land as you do with traditional plyo jacks or vertical jumps.

Anyone else noticed this?

A-Jock

I think you are right A-Jock. I just noticed last night, while I was doing the leg conditioning drills in Kickmax, that my legs where looking really good.

I have not attempted one of your Mish-Moshes yet! It is a goal that I am striving for. Maybe if I try them, the legs will look even better.}(

Laurie

I've noticed this also. I've also noticed the moves in Low Max are also adding more definition.

I wear lightweight pants and long sleeve shirt when I workout, so I haven't noticed ~ I'll just have to take a look and see what's going on under there. But, yesterday doing IMAX3 I was actually doing all the jumps as high as Cathe! It felt great. After Interval 10 I went right into Blast only Premix. Well, I kept kicking my step, not realizing how tired I must have been and had to stop.
Susan C.M.
Nothing should be jiggling, unless it's jiggling off.
You've gotta work hard for what you want. - Cathe in HSC

Yes, I have seen some nice improvements in my legs with this new series. When I was doing the floor work in GS Legs this morning I actually saw the quad muscle with the tear drop above the knee. I was like *amn you go girl.

Karen Williams

>I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but since
>implementing the new HC I-Max 3 and Kick Max Boot Camp
>Challenge routines into my program, as well as increasing the
>number of times I do the I-Max 2 Blast Only premix (including
>the Nosebleed Interval #9) my thigh muscles, especially the
>quads nearer the knee joint, have really shaped and defined
>themselves. It must be the plie jacks, as challenging as
>those intervals are to get through. When I do these
>intervals, I find the landing forces and propulsive forces
>much more from the toes and the the quads, which makes sense
>because you don't have as much time to land as you do with
>traditional plyo jacks or vertical jumps.
>
>Anyone else noticed this?
>
>A-Jock
>
How often do you do the -IMax 2 Blast Only premix and how do you work them into your routine? Also do you pause to recover a little after each blast or no break in between?

Thanks in advance :)
Silke

Hello, Silke -

I do the I-Max 2 Blast Only premix about 1-2 times per month now; this past Sunday I did the following mish-mosh:

I-Max 1 warm-up
I-Max 3 blast only premix
I-Max 2 blast only premix, omitting recoveries
Boot Camp cardio only premix

In all honesty, that mish-mosh went on a little long; the next time I do it I'm going to use a briefer warm-up. I usually don't need to pause after each blast, although I might take a second to slurp some water.

Also, I did a mish-mosh a few weeks ago that I call "Gauntlet Re-Imagined", that adds three I-Max 2 intervals at the end of the Gauntlet segment (intervals 4, 8 and the plie-jack-laden 9). Man, that one really, REALLY makes you work!

A-Jock

They had better be great thigh shapers because I absolutely HATE doing them. But I do...

Lois

"Don't forget to breathe!"

Sooosan!

I just saw him go flying from one tree to the next and could NOT believe his quad muscles! He has been working hard!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Sooosan!

Sooo, sounds like in the "END" he has gotten great results. GO ROCKY!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I've noticed my pants are fitting tighter around my thighs- YIKES x( !! I guess after I do the strength rotation I'll do the fat loss rotation to remove the layer of fat on my thighs. Those Pie jacks are killers!!

catherine

Hey I remember when Aquajock posted this. Ever since I TRY to do them all thinking how beautiful my thighs are getting LOL... So Thanks A-jock for posting about this because I think of this post everytime I have to do those gosh darn things and I make myself do them even when I DON'T WANT TO:7

((HUGS))

~Nicole

Glad you bumped this mckee5.

Maybe this is why KPC was so much easier to me than usual...stronger legs from the HC's.
Angela:7

Someone (I can't remember who) once said that plie jacks are the spawn of Satan. And yes, yes, they are. But Satan must have fantastic legs, because they're amazing thigh shapers! Between KM and Imax3 my legs are getting hard as rock.:)

>Someone (I can't remember who) once said that plie jacks are
>the spawn of Satan. And yes, yes, they are. But Satan must
>have fantastic legs, because they're amazing thigh shapers!

Ahh, yes, that was me... and I would love to see Satan's lovely legs. I hope he feels the burn as much as I do. I'm just glad I don't have to do plie jacks in the burning heat of hell. That's what Satan gets for being... well, Satan.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.