Painting a stepper

Debinmi

Cathlete
I know this is rather frivolous but I've had my club step since the 1990's and it is turquoise. I've added risers over the years and there are two colors of purple and a pinkish color. I was thinking of spray painting them. Anyone ever do this? How did it turn out & how did it wear? TIA, Deb

I think it would be hard to get paint to stick to plastic.... but I'm following in case you figure it out!!

Hey Doreen, You can paint plastic - I spray-painted an outdoor plastic sidetable last year and it has held up well in our Michigan weather extremes but it doesn't get knocked-around much. Rustoleum ultra paints say they cover plastic and that's what we used on the outdoor table. But I'm not sure how durable it would be on step/risers that get hauled out/in of a closet a few times a week. I'd hate for it to look worse than it already does. I suppose I could keep touching it up if it's not real durable. I was thinking of keeping it out of the closet permanently but not in its current mix of colors. ;)

I still have my first club step that I also bought in the early 90’s. I use it for upper body work Bought it from Costco

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.