Need weight training video..

mizlaur123

Cathlete
I already own ME and am looking for a new weight workout. Mainly for upper body. I'm advanced and need a hard one. Maybe a slow moving one with heavier weight and less reps. I'm not sure if Pyramide Upper Body is an endurance workout or a slow and heavy type workout. Or should I just get slow and heavy? And ideas? Thanks

Lauren

Hi Lauren,

I think PUB is considerd an endurance workout.

I have S&H and the GS for upper body and I like them very much even though I know some people don't always like the slow pace of S&H. Even if they are supposed to be splits, I mix & match segments of those workouts in order to hit each upper body muscle group when I workout (since I only exercise 3 days/week). I also just got Muscle max and consider it a tough workout.

I don't have 4DS but I know it uses heavy weights. I think it works like a pyramid up system. I'm sure others will give feedback on this workout.

HTH
Nathalie

Muscle Max is a great total body heavy as you want to make it workout. It was my intro to Cathe's weight workouts and it is at the very least on par with any health club workout I've ever done.

I have both Pyramid Upper & Lower, and Slow & Heavy. Both dvd's helped me define my muscles even though I lift heavy with a selectorized plate weight home gym also. Free weights just add another demention to lifting that's so beneficial. Pyramid Upper is very effective because you increase your weight selection for each set, then work back down decreasing the weight. It really makes you work hard and I've found I've had to decrease my weight towards the end of some sets.

Slow & Heavy allows me to lift HEAVY. It makes a big difference to move slow and control the weight, form is everything in this dvd, but it really digs into every last muscle fiber I have. I can't say which I like better for upper body work, so I'm really glad I have both.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.