MD FORTE

saralh

Cathlete
I have been on tetracycline and differin gel for my acne for awhile now, and my dermatologist suggested that I try MD Forte's cleanser and AHA facial cream. She said it will smooth my skin, even out my skin tone, and help to prevent wrinkles (I'm 22)... Has anyone tried this product line? I'd love to hear what you think! Thanks so much!
Healthy regards,
Sara Herzig

My dermatologist also recommended it after laser treatments. I've only tried the samples but they felt good. I've heard you need to devote a couple of months to s new skincare routine before you really know how it will affect you. I'm going to try the full line, but I'm curous about other's responses too. I did find that the Healthy Defense 30 SPF sunscreen from Neutrogena has the same active ingredients/proportions. Will you let me know how you do if you try it? Katie

Hi Sara,
I am 32 and also on Differin gel. Has it been working for you? This is my 3rd week on it. What is Md Forte and is there a web site? I have been struggling with acne my whole life and have tried everything from Proactiv to everything on the shelves. I am hoping this differin will really make a difference. Amy Jo

Hey! Well, I tried a number of creams and stuff, and the combination of differin gel with the tetracyline worked great! It's a matter of finding what works together best for your skin and in what proportions. While I can't say my skin is completely flawless, it is MUCH better than it was! I don't break out like I used to and now only deal with a few zits at a time if any. My main problem now is uneven skin tone, and my derm suggested the MD Forte brand for that. I was also concerned about wrinkle prevention, and she said no over the counter treatment will work as well as the MD Forte... so we'll see! I got some samples and wanted feedback before I tried them, so I'll try them within the next few days... also, the differin took a little while to work, so hang in there! I use Purpose bar soap for face washing twice a day, and apply the differin before bed. And I take a tetracyline twice a day as well. Let me know how things work out! Good luck!
Sara

Neutrogena

I am 37 have been using Retin A and minocycline for my acne for about the past 6 months. At my last appointment, my dermatologist recommended the Neutrogena Healthy Defense line (I use the one labeled for sensitive skin), which I have added in over the past month or so--and between these three things, I have never been happier with my skin!! Finally! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.