Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Debbie - if I see Cathe running a sale, I will let you know. Her sales prices are almost the same as her presale prices. You should use CL.

Doeeen - it's $119 for the visual RT. You only pay $102 for the Cathe Live for the year. The classes will be the same as her live. Here is the link, you have to scroll down https://cathe.com/announcing-cathes-first-ever-virtual-roadtrip/. I am a little nerves with zoom not working. Diane had trouble with school zoom. Your daughter done quicker with braces than with Invisalign. My Ortho told me it would only take me a year. Invisalign decided to mess with my bite, they widen it for some reason? By the time I am done I it's gonna be 3 years with Invisalign. My ortho thinks I will be done in 6 month. We shall see.

Reactions: WD
yeah- true!! And neither of the dates would really work for me.... I'll have to do my own virtual road trip the weekend my husband is out of town. Pick my own workouts for Friday, Saturday, etc!! Would be fun though! Hopefully she puts one of the RT workouts on CL like she has in the past!

my DD wants to do it. Not sure, if the dates work for her either. If I don't get a spot for the visual RT, I will do my own RT with DD too. I am sure either way it will be fun.

Today I did Cathe Live PHA Supersets, 45 minutes (42:46ACTUAL) 157 calories, heart rate 106/156, 1,375 steps. I also did Walk Strong Total Body Stretch 18 minutes, 20 calories, heart rate 981/99, 19 steps. Total time 63 minutes, 177 calories, 1,394 steps.
CATHE LIVE PHA Super sets
43 minutes, weights
5# dumbbells warm up
Upper
step out Arnold press 10# dumbbells 16 reps
step out curls 10# dumbbells 16 reps
Lower
step out lunge put down pick up 10# dumbbells 6 times
marching sumo 15# dumbbell
Upper
overhead triceps extension 12# dbs 10 reps
cross over push ups
Lower Body
alternating reverse lunge 12# dumbbells 16 reps (2nd round 15# dbs)
loop band front leg raise 32 reps
repeat all 8 moves

Upper
front swing pull down 10# dumbbells
1 arm row 30# dumbbell 16 reps
Lower
3 hop squats to reverse lunge 10#
puddle jump with loop band
Upper
Step out w curls 12# dumbbells 16 reps
tripod kickbacks 12# dumbbell (me 10# which Cathe drops to second round) 16 reps
Lower
pick up squats alternating hands 40# dumbbell 10 reps
Deadlift 30 # dumbbells 10 reps
repeat

Belinda, that seems like an awful lot for a virtual road trip. I am guessing there should be something besides just doing workouts with a a group online? They have had problems with zoom not working a lot. It sometimes does not work for the entire Canvas app that is used for schools. I kept trying to get on this morning for our morning check in and phonics, but the link would not work and it kept saying waiting for host. Later my daughter texted me a message from the teacher(as she is the parent) that the teacher was sick. I do better joining when there is a id number and password getting on than the recurring link. But then going from the virtual group or teacher to another app and sharing gets really complicated. I am not that good with all of that and it seems even the schools have problems so it is not always me. I would not be happy if I paid that much and could not join in. It would be nice for you to be able to do one with your daughter though.

Doreen, I hope she does post a workout from the virtual road trip on the live workouts.

I did Perfect 30 Low Impact Hiit and Lower body. Liked both workouts a lot. Like Diane said yesterday, Cathe's Low impact isn't really low impact. It was hard to make it low impact. She did do suicide runs, lol. Running isn't low impact. I went slower. Overall I liked the moves and the workout was fun. The music was a mix from her other dvd's/maybe Live? I heard some of the music before. Not bad. The lower body is 12 - 10 reps. Cathe goes heavy on the lower body, slow and controlled. I think she used 40# DB. I went a lot lighter than she did. My back and knees are bordering me. Good 30 min workouts.

Diane - if DD wants do to the RT I will do it. I hope the zoom will work at the RT. Great job on your workouts.

Have a great evening.

Good morning,

Today I did Perfect 30 UB. DH and I like the Upper Body workout, nice pace too.
So far, I like all the ones I have done. DH likes them too.My dvds will come Saturday.

Have a great Friday everyone.

Last edited:
I'm excited to see the rotations using the Perfect 30 workouts. I thought the upper body was good - i did recognize a song from another workout or from Live... not sure which.

Yesterday was a rest day. Just not enough time to get in a workout since I had places to go in the morning.
This morning I did Perfect 30 Hiit Low Impact 31 minutes, 141 calories, heart rate 120/149, 2,769 steps. I was waiting on the grandchildren's Dad to bring them, so went ahead and did the Perfect 30 Perfect Pump Core Bonus, 10 minutes, 16 calories, heart rate 90/103, 86 steps.

Belinda, nice work. Funny, I really did not pay attention to the music on Low Impact today. Also I automatically started into some of the moves because Cathe is kind of predictable sometimes since I have done her workouts so many years. It was fun though and not too terrible on the impact. She always seems to mix in hops and stuff into her low impact workouts though. Not good when you have knee pain. I am sure that you and your daughter would have a lot of fun doing the virtual road trip together. What did Cathe use a 40# dumbbell for.

Doreen, I will have to go look for the rotations. Although I will go through every workout before I arrange them in a rotation. Besides I still want to get in some live and raw workouts too. I have been waiting for the one Kelly did and said on the group that she took a rest day because she was sore after filming it.

Diane - music gets me motivated. Wished she had recognizable, upbeat music. I did like the Upper body and low impact Hiit workouts. I had to take the hops and stuff out and make it low impact. Which was very easy to do. I reviewed the high impact workout, I think I can make it low impact even with the burpees. Cathe used heavier weights in the lower body and upper body workouts. I didn't see a rotation posted. I am sure it will go up soon.

Doreen - I noticed the music too. Recognized it from somewhere? The music in the yoga and mobility is pretty good, IMO!

Today I did Perfect 30 Hiit using the rebounder for half of it, 31 minutes, heart rate 125/150, 154 calories, 2,783 steps. This has a lot of burpees, squat thrusts, and jumps in it. I then did Perfect Pump Upper skipping the shoulders and push ups as my neck was terribly painful yesterday. I could find no reason as I had taken a day off and then yesterday was low impact and core. I think it is all of the coughing with the allergies. This was 33 minutes (I had to pause a couple of times even though I had printed up the user guide last night) 62 calories, heart rate 91/110, 530 steps. I went on to stretching and mobility so I did Perfect Pump extended stretch, 8 minutes, 9 calories, 13 steps, finished with Perfect 30 Flow mobility basics, 31steps, 31 calories, heart rate 80/95, 43 steps. Total time 1 hour 43 minutes 256 calories, 3,357 steps. The dvds will be here Monday as they are already in Oklahoma City. I see lots of good premixes which would make it easier to put workouts together. I thought of doing upper and lower and the short pyramid hiit workout till I looked at the moves. Lots of jumping on and off the step bench. I was just not up for that. Maybe another day:) I really liked the flow mobility a lot.

Perfect Pump Upper Body uses step with 4 risers weights and tubing
warm up with 3# dumbbells and tubing
pullover set #1 12# dbs 10 reps (Cathe15's)
Pulloverset# 2 15# dbs (cathe20's)
one arm row set #1 30# dumbbell 12 reps
one arm row set #2 30# dumbbell 10 reps
bent over clutch row 20# dbs 10 reps
posture pull tubing doubled (not on workout card)
rapid row toss 25# dumbbell 10 reps each hand
standing sweeper curl 20 and 15# (I felt the 20 was affecting my shoulder and neck) 10 reps
clutch curls 15# dumbbells10 reps
biceps curls set#1 15#dumbbells 10 reps
biceps curls set #2 12# 10 reps
biceps curls set # 3 10# 10 reps
shoulders are done with an incline step I skipped shoulders
incline fly front V lat raise combo 5# skipped
lateral raise 5# skipped
scarecrow 5# skipped
push press 3.5's 15# dumbbells skipped
starting at chest
incline bench press 15# dbs 16 reps
incline clutch press 15# dumbbells 10 reps (Cathe 20#)
flat deadbug fly 15# dbs10 reps(Cathe uses 25's)
not on workout card decline push up 4 point elevating a foot (skipped)
kickbacks 12# dumbbells 10 reps
not on workout card push ups holding corners of step topper 10 reps (I did this one)
tricepsdips with 12# dumbbell

Today I did Perfect 30 Flow: Strength and Flexibility, 102/173?? heart rate, 84 calories, 106 steps. Actually I was still under workout manager calories and this was probably more accurate, than the 31 calories I got on the yoga yesterday for the same amount of time. I entered the Get in Your Zone Challenge on Fitbit, but I doubt I am going to get anywhere with the lousy stats I generally get. Even that Hiit workout yesterday was low.

Good morning,

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. I ended up in the ER last night. I noticed swelling in my ear. I wasn't happy going to the ER at Walter Reed. The ER doctor remembered me from the last time, lol. She talked to my Rheumatologist he put me on another round of cortisone to bring the swelling down. I am waiting to get an appointment with my Rheumatologist to change my meds. What ever meds I am on isn't working. I can't catch a break.

I did SBF stretch 4. It's it's a nice 20 min stretch that opens up your hip/hamstring.

Once I get the call from my doctor I will get a workout in.

Diane - when I do yoga/stretching I never get a good calorie count like lifting weights. Great job yesterday. Did you do Perfect 30 low impact Hiit? I couldn't get my HR up, lol. Still fun workout.

BBL!

Today I did the rest of the Perfect 30 workouts that I have not done. The dvds came today so it probably would have been easier to string together with premixes. I just did some short bonus workouts one at a time. I started with Perfect Pump Lower Body, 35 heart rate 97/144, 679 steps, 92 calories using the same weights as Cathe. I then did Perfect 30 Lower Body Bonus which was floor work, 7 minutes, 6 steps, 7 calories. I stopped here for my grandson's morning class, except zoom was not working. Freezing and power outages. So we did the work via youtube videos from the teacher. Then I did Perfect 30 Hiit Pyramid Bonus done on the step (Cathe says you can do it without a step or modify) 14 minutes, heart rate 111/143, 1,232 steps, added Flow Bonus core, 10 minutes, 15 calories, heart rate 90/103, 62 steps. I finished off with Upper Bonus and Hiit extended stretch, 13 minutes, 16 calories, heart rate 90/103. Total time was 78 minutes, 190 calories, 1979 steps. I did like the workout. It moves quickly. Not much time to write anything down as the breaks are fairly short and you are just moving from one set of a move to a new move. Lousy calorie burn again today for how much time that I spent. Anyway, now I have been through them all I will just mix them in here and there with Kelly and Cathe Live. I felt like I had done the extended Hiit stretch, but it is not in my notes. Maybe both exteneded stretches were the same or I was getting repetition from one of the flow workouts.
Pyramid Hiit had most of it's jumping on to the step at the start of it. Jumping on and off and straddle jumping. Then it was swimmers, also flip turns with one foot on the step. I did not jump off the step every time, I stepped off instead.

Pump Lower Body (lots of deadlifts in these two workouts) high step with 3 risers for some moves
Squats 25's 12 reps
Static Lunges 20# dbs 12 reps
deadlifts 30# dbs 12 reps
pick up squats 40# db 12 reps
elevated lunge right 15# dbs 12 reps
explosive lunges no weights one foot on high step 16 reps
elevated lunge left 15# dbs 12 reps
deadlifts toes elevated 30# dbs 12 reps
heels elevated front squat 15# dbs 12 reps
step ups 15# ds 12 reps right the 12 left
single leg deadlift 30# db 10 reps each
front lunges 15# db 10 each
close grip squat 40# db 12 reps
squat cross over lunges 6 inch step 15# db 10 reps each side
forward leaning glute lunges 15# db 6 inch step 10 each
cossack squat 12# db 12 reps
calf raises 25#dbs 25 reps
calf raises 2 25# dbs 20 reps
calf raises 3 25# dbs 15 reps
BONUS LOWER
hamstring presses 10# dumbbell held behind knee 8 slow then 32 pulses each leg
outer thigh presses tubing
high step glute bridges with tubing

Belinda, I got a heart rate of 120/149, 141 calories with the Low Impact Hiit and that was with trying hard to kick it up. I got 125/150 with 154 calories with the High Impact Hiit. Not a lot of difference although I modified and used the rebounder on the high impact. I Still think that it should have been better. I am hoping maybe I can push harder with the Low Impact and bring that up. I sometimes think I get a higher calorie burn hanging around the house than I do with things like yoga and floor work.
I hope that you feel better soon. With working so hard at your diet and everything that has got to be disappointing.

Good morning,

Today I went for a walk with DD. She is visiting. I also did SBF UB 3.

Diane - thank you. At least we caught it early. Hopefully it will not swell up like it did a few weeks ago. I think with the new meds it will get better. That's not bad. I kept the impact lower than Cathe. My knees are acting up I wasn't gonna risk it. I have my MRI appointment Friday. I get a higher calorie burn/steps just walking. How do you like the new workouts? I will do the Hiit on the rebounder. Too much jumping for me. Fantastic job yesterday.

Have a great day and workout everyone.

Belinda - hoping you did catch it early and you will not have to repeat your prior trip to the hospital!!

Giana step class on YT this morning - I wanted to keep going and do it all over again - double step is so much fun but it did take me a couple times through to get the right space between my steps to make the transitions from one step to the other. So fun!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.