Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Hi,

I walked 2 miles today.

Diane - my doc doesn't want me to take probiotic unless it's in yogurt with live cultures. I do drink Kombucha , lately it's upsetting my stomach. I buy mine in Costco. I like Forager Project Cashew yogurt. I also buy the Life chocolate chips. I can't stomach anything with artificial sweeteners or sugar free. I can see how your friend had IG problems drinking too much of Kevita Kombucha. Less is more sometimes. Like I said I had to back off Kombucha too. The thing is I don't know how much is too much taking supplements. I rather not take too much. Like getting my vitamins from food and maybe take a multi vitamin. Those turmeric capsule are huge, I only take one too. I am suppose to take 2. Can't get them down, lol.

Today I did Cathe Live Plyo Legs + #256, 33 minutes, 116/151 heart rate, 143 calories, 2,028 steps. This used 5# dumbbells and way too many overhead and lateral raise moves for me along with lower body work between the plyo moves and ends with an abs section. Another that was not a favorite. Cathe does a lot of shoulder work in her workouts imo. I was hoping for more just cardio workouts and particulaly step and low impact, but she really does not have that much of that. They either use weights or have jumping and there are only a few step workouts and some of those involve weight work. I am a little disappointed. I may do something Kelly tomorrow. It depends on my time constraints. We had 2 zoom classes and PE youtubes today which left me short on time along with all the paper work. I also got a little work out with my grandson this afternoon. I did it the last time so he wanted me to do it again. I am fine till they do it on zoom and I will bow out. They did football drills with a football, and a broom handle moving different directions and going down to the floor and up. I recognized a lot of moves. He liked it better than the Zumba classes.

Belinda, I think there are some differences in varieties of Kombucha too. I think some are pure kombucha and some are kombucha light with some added ingredients. I use Kevita, but it is not natural raw kombucha. Read the ingredients. Kevita has stevia added to it and the first ingredient is sparkling water. I have made my own kombucha from a scoby that I kept going before. I know how it is supposed to be. It generally uses a scoby after cooking the tea up with sugar. The Scoby eats the sugar while it is fermenting or whatever you call it. You have to cook the brew before you add the scoby and cover it with a cloth that will allow some air to get through. Then you wait two or three weeks. There are signs that it is ready. I would have to look again. I used to put it in jars with some raspberries and ginger and let it set in the refrigerator for awhile then strained out the berries and ginger to drink it. It is easier to purchase. But, I look for more pure Kombucha when I can get it in my favorite flavors. I do not like the fruit flavored ones. So, it may be the variety. My friend was loving the Kevita. Anyway, the ingredients are not so pure int eh Kevita and the probiotics are added to it, not naturally derived.
Here is the difference in ingredients with Kevita and GT. I also love the Health Aid Kombucha.

Kevita Ginger
sparkling water, kombucha culture, filtered water, black tea, green tea, natural flavor*)* filtered water, cane sugar*, ginger extract*.bacillus coagulans MTCC 5856, black tea escence*, caffeine green coffee bean extract)*, green tea*, purified stevia leaf extract*.

GT Gingerade Kombucha
kombucha culture*, black tea*, green tea*, kiwi juice*), fresh pressed ginger juice*)
* organically produced

* certified organic ingredient live probiotics added

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I went grocery shopping first thing this morning. I stocked up on fresh fish and vegetables. Went for an easy 2.76 mile walk this afternoon.The weather was perfect.

Tomorrow I have an appointment for RP with the Rheumalogy and Infectious disease doctor. I am getting an MRI this Saturday for my knees.

Diane - I buy Costco's Organic Brand kombucha culture tea. I used to buy from a local girl, she stopped selling it in our town. I didn't feel like driving 45 min to pick up a crawler. She also offers classes on how make
Kombucha from scratch. A crawler cost me $13. Why make it for that price? I wouldn't know what to do with the scoby?? Maybe I look into it once Covid is over. I can't stand the taste of stevia. It's too sweet for my taste butts. This is the one I usually buy. Looks pretty clean to me and taste really good.

I will be back later.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Cathe Live # 195 Low Impact Bootcamp, 49 minutes (46), 202 calories, heart rate 114/147, 2,658 steps. I then did Raw 5 day strength stretch, 41 minutes(36 because I kept having to stop) 41 calories, 60 steps.
Total time 90 minutes, 243 calories, 2,718 steps. Way too much overhead with press and plank positions stuff. I had to modify. I liked it though.

Belinda, that looks pretty good for the kombucha. I once I started making the Kombucha I saved the baby scoby to use in the next batch. If you keep it going you don't have to purchase again. Sometimes people share scobys as I had too many going that I was not using and ended up throwing them out. Easier to just purchase though. That one looks better than Kevita. I do not know about the probiotic. I have a list somewhere that I wrote up of the ones that are histamine degrading. I believe a couple are bifudus and planetariun. Hope the appointment with the rheumatologist and infectious disease appointment goes well. I generally do not mind mri's, but the neck and shoulder one was very painful as they held it in the worst possible position for long periods of time without me moving. Hope you get help where that is concerned.

Diane - I bought my Kombucha at the famers market. She stopped going in the town I live. The one at Costco taste just like the one I bought at the farmers market and they Kambutcha acmes in individually glass bottles. It's very cheap at Costco too. I was never brave enough to make kambutcha from scratch. You are so good making your own. Good for you. Thanks about my appointments tomorrow. I am a little nerves about the unknown.

My workout was split this morning. We did science right away, but had to wait for the morning zoom class and then math at 1. I did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Tone 30 minutes, 120 calories, heart rate 120/165, 2,111 steps. Right after we did morning zoom class. I needed to watch because he is starting some reading stuff tomorrow and there are new links for this and the library and it is done via zoom in the am. So, once that was done I gave him a break and did Cathe Live Hearts on Fire 236, 44 minutes( I was going to do just the kickbox part, but kept going) 211 calories, heart rate 120/159, 4080 steps. I swear, my calories burns are dropping. Raw Cardio Tone was less than the last time I did it. Anyway, total time was 74 minutes, 331 calories, 6,191 steps. Hearts on Fire was pretty good, but a bit more burpees and up and down than I wanted. I did not do push ups. My shoulders are still so sore. Boxing portion was only about 20 minutes, then some Hiit, that had some jumping, but went along the line of the low impact hiit on RWH for some of the moves, then a hi/lo segment. I wore my combat gloves as heavy bag gloves sometimes turn my fitbit off.

Good morning,

No walk yesterday. Had my 2 doc appointments yesterday, didn't get out of the hospital until late afternoon. I have to be on medications long term, he added one more meds. I am taking 2 different medications at the same time. My doc answered all my questions. Since the disease is so rare my doc went over on what to look out for instead of ignoring the symptoms. If I see other doctors to let them know about both autoimmune problems, if you have one autoimmune problem you can have multiples autoimmune problems. He thinks some my past ear infections was possible a sign of RP. I also told him I exercise 6-7 day's a week and 150 min is really not enough for my stress level right now. He said I can workout as normal one hour daily. Starting Monday I will pick a rotations. Traffic was horrible last night.

Diane - great job on both of your workouts yesterday. If I do a KB workout I don't like going up/down the floor.

I will be back later.

I did the new workout that Kelly Put up on her Raw channel, which was perfect. Not too intense, but some of everything and short. This was Lift N Box quick fix, 34 minutes, 99 calories, heart rate 98/160 , 1,392 steps. That is it. This was at 2:30 this afternoon and I really needed it to help relieve some stress. I wish they did not keep changing things. We started a new class for 9 am. Math was supposed to be 1:00, I wasted time because at 9:30 when we were done with the zoom class the teacher said instead of math we would be going to a library session and showed how to access this via zoom. So, then it was a struggle to get math done since the teacher was not teaching it at 1 so we were ready for the library session. Then music zoom link took me to a new app that would not allow access. I wasted time there as well. It was all frustrating and non cooperation as well. When there was not music, I took him outside and did a couple of things and we blew bubbles and he ran up and down the walk way. It really was nice outside this afternoon. Praying tomorrow runs smoothly.
Raw LIFT N BOX quick fix 34 minutes
no impact, dumbbells 8 and 12 #, barbell, egg weights if you have them 50 seconds each move
lateral raise/connected front raise 8# dbs
side lunge kickbacks alternating sides 8# dbs
boxing with egg weights (me 1# dbs)
barbell (25# me) push press
dips on the barbell
boxing with egg weights(1# dbs)
single pledge double pledge 12 # dbs
step front and row 12# dbs alternating
boxing egg weights (1# dbs)
barbell curls 25#
barbell bend and row 25#
to the floor
flies pinkies in 12# dbs
bridges 12# dbs
to the floor
flies 12# dbs
bridges 12# dbs
sit up boxing with egg weights(1# dbs)
barbell bench press 25#
feet on barbell bridges
feet under barbell sit up and boxing
plank/down dog touch ankle
child pose/cobra
stretching

Belinda, I am glad that your doctor gave you the go ahead to workout. I hope the medications bring you some relief. I keep wanting to read up on RP just to learn what it is. I never heard of sjogrens before I had this arthritis and all of the dry mouth eye and everything else symptoms started keeping me up at night. It used to happen occasionally and I thought it was eating too much salt. But, now it is almost constant. I loathe those dry mouth drops and rinses. They are all mainly xylitol. I drink water all night long. My tongue feels like a dried out sponge a few minutes after I drink the water. I think the borage oil is helping a tiny bit.

Diane - I think getting back into my regular workouts will help with my stress level. I hope the meds will work too. I am sure with time my doc will a just up/down the does. I am on high doses right now to keep things under control. Although there isn't any guarantee that the meds will work. I had to look up sjogrens. Is that what you have? One of the symptoms of RP is dry mouth. Go figure! My mouth is dry since I started invisalign.I also drink tons of water during the night. I hope your day went smoothly. Great job as always on your workouts.

Today I did Cathe Live # 301 All Low Impact Kickboxing Hiit and Core, 52 minutes, 200 calories, heart rate 105/162, 2,980 Steps. I followed this with Raw virtual road trip abs and stretch, 25 minutes, 43 calories, 4,498 steps, heart rate 86/136. Total time 77 minutes, calories burned 243, 4498 steps. Thinks went pretty well today except I can't get on the Friday PE/Music and we were able to watch yesterdays music lesson, but not view the other video and get an exit ticket assignment. It takes me somewhere besides youtube. Sleep was not good and I tried to go to bed early and ended up spending about 40 minutes trying to get a frayed strand of dental floss unstuck in my teeth :rolleyes: Really a silly reason to be kept up. I am kind of sore today so will see how I feel tomorrow. I had planned on doing a PHA workout this weekend. I saw the new superset one is up. Not too long. It may have to be another cardio day though.

Belinda, exercising really does help lower stress levels. That is probably true that they have you on higher doses right now to get things under control. Yes, sjogrens is another auto immune condition that is often related to RA. I saw that on a description of the relapsing polychondritis yesterday among other things. It is distressing. When I look at my reports they have a whole list of things now. I was tested years ago for RA and recently and it always came back not showing anything. Then God gave me my doctor who has negative RA and you can see where her knuckles are raised up in malformed peaks. She went to the main arthritis doctor where she sent me and they did all the x rays and checked my dexa scans and that is when I started getting monitored and treatment. So many words that I don't totally understand with spondylosis and gout. The pulmonologist told me that RA can cause artery plaque and gave so long name for what I have. Anyway, last night I was looking at the arthritis foundation website for an explanation of heart disease. Apparently the body fights and affects the cell walls that increases the plaque and can cause heart disease. If you have high triglycerides and low ldl and low hdl the triglycerides contribute to cardiovascular disease. The article said that RA has an unusual effect on blood fats (lipids) Called the lipid paradox. It also says don't take insaids for the pain if at all possible try other methods. Insaids can increase heart risks. I knew that though, just worried as I have taken a lot the last couple of weeks.
Sjogren's is miserable and there is no cure. I believe it is often associated with other auto immune conditions. It is weird because if I put a lozenge in my mouth and fall asleep, it does not dissolve as there is no saliva. I wake up and it is stuck to my tongue. I pretty much quit using those.

Hi,

I walked for over 40 min with DH this morning.

Diane - my MIL had RA with her knuckles raised up. that's horrible disease to have. Sorry to hear you are going through so much too. I hope you find some relieve soon. I agree, working out is a very good stress reliever. Be carful with the lozenge and falling asleep.

I will be back tomorrow.

Today I did Cathe Live Advanced Step Chorography, 53 minutes, 4,643 steps, heart rate 114/155, 244 calories. This was another day of messing with the Fit bit. I was jumping and running around and looked and it kept saying 105. I knew that was not right so kept moving it. It seemed to work best almost onto the top of my hand, at least for a little bit. Do they stay where your heart rate left off when you take them off? I was wondering because when I took it off to take a both it said 98. Right after the workout I tried setting a timer and taking my pulse to see if it was the same and it was at 81-83 on both. So then I did it with my Health Mate app and putting my finger on the lens and it was exactly the same as the watch. Surely I am not pouring sweat and breathing hard and my heart rate that low. I know there are segments that seem light or easy, but this is ridiculous. Also I do extra jumping and arm movements. I got my heart rate up once by shaking the arm with the Fit Bit on it. That is just silly. I may try rebooting the Fitbit again. I don't know.

Belinda, nice work on the walk today with your husbands.

Last edited:
Hi,

I walked this morning with DH. I am trying to figure out what rotation I will do Monday.

Diane - great job on your workout yesterday. Maybe reset your Fit bit. I had to do mine a few times. Once in awhile I do get a low HR reading.

Have a great day and workout everyone.

Hi everyone,

Had a dental appointment (cleaning) this morning. I had to sign my life away because of COVID. They did a very good job with cleaning/sterilizing everything. After the dentist I went for 2.53 mile outdoor walk.

I decided to do Cathe's September 2020 rotation. Each week you do a different workout series. Week 1 is Lite, week 2 Strong & Stweaty, Week 3 RWH and Week 4 XTrain series.

Today I did Cathe Lite Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper. Used the same weight as Cathe.

I will be back tomorrow.

I am tired. I had such a hard time falling asleep last night, then when I did it was about an hour and I woke and watched the clock most of the night. My silent alarm did not go off and I was scrambling when I got up. I unlocked the door for my daughter and the children and ran upstairs to get dressed. I did Cathe Live Cardio Leg Crush# 241, 46 minutes, 214 calories, heart rate 121/163, 3,750 steps, and I used 12# dumbbells for all of the weight work. I kind of liked this one. I wanted to do Kelly's Raw Body Fit, but I am still having a lot of pain in my neck and shoulders and just was not up to some of the moves even though they are body weight. After I did the CL workout I did Lindsey Samper neck and shoulder stretch for 14 minutes, 15 calories, 57 steps??(this is all seated or lying on the floor) Total time was 60 minutes, 3,807 steps, 229 calories. I did not help myself out yesterday with the family dinner, cake and chips. It is no wonder my pain was even worse last night. No workout yesterday.
My husband ordered me some of the things that I had on my wish list on Amazon last night. I have Walk Strong 3 with Jessica Smith coming, some new workout capris and sports bra, the super feet shoe inserts I keep putting off spending 50 dollars on, and some lipstick colors in the Revlon Color Suede that I had put in there. So I am excited about getting them Wednesday. I am looking forward to having the Walk Strong 3 workouts. I really liked them when Doreen let me try them out.
I had extra calories show up on my fitbit for cycling yesterday. I finally figured it was when I went out after everyone left and mowed with the rotary push mower in back.

Belinda, nice work today after going to see your dentist. I should make an appointment with our dentist. We have not been for our cleaning and check yet this year. Our appointments were cancelled in February and March.

Hi,

Today I did Cathe Lite Rev'd Up Rumble. I will go for a walk shortly.

Diane - sorry you couldn't fall asleep. Great job on your workout.I have to check that Cathe Live workout out. Is it alot of jumping? Enjoy JS WS3. I think you would love it. Your husband is a keeper. it was nice he order all your things on Amazon. My cleaning was canceled as well in March/Feb. I wasn't worried about Covid. Everything was clean.

I will be back tomorrow.

Hi everyone,

Cathe Lite Strong Body Stacked Sets Lower plus walk is done.

Tomorrow I have 2 appointments at Walter Reeds. I will not check in until later this afternoon or evening.

Have a great day everyone.

I started my workout with Cathe Live #284 arms and abs stopping after biceps since it ended up starting warm up shoulders with 5's, then on to biceps, then when she said shoulders I quit. Also I somehow turned my Fitbit off so am going to have to estimate weight work and figure out how many minutes I actually worked:mad:.
I did Raw Your Moves today. This was 46 minutes, heart rate 111/ 154, 2,262 steps.
I did modify some. I am not going to put the whole workout up, but on the curl and press I picked up 15's and did just curls and I did arnold press with the 8's. Also floor sitting shoulders hurt so I leaned back and did biceps curls with 10's. I did not do pullovers with 15's after about 3 reps I just did flys.
I finished with part of Raw stretch and tone, 20 minutes, 26 calories, heart rate 82/102, 86 steps. I wore 3# ankle weights. I needed to get lunch as we have the zoom with the teacher Star test at 1:30.
I am tired this morning cleaned till too late and got 5 hours of sleep.

Belinda, nice work on Rev'd Up and Rumble. Praying your appointments with Walter Reed goes well and is helpful. I am not afraid of the dentist. The thing is I read my dentist private facebook and he seems to believe every crazy notion out there on covid and seems to be particularly scared for some reason. I don't worry about it. I know I will love the JS Walk Strong 3 as I have all of the workouts written out already and the moves since I did them when Doreen loaned me her downloads. I like that I get good workouts from her and don't end up injuring myself with them. I can use those 15 minute ones right now as well.

Diane - good job on making Cathe Live for for you. My dentist is also a surgeon, they doing all the necessary precautions as you can imagine. He was the one that fixed my tooth a few years ago, when everyone else wanted to pull that tooth without even seeing me first. That was the day before Thanksgiving. I ate a crusty bread and my tooth broke. My dentist took me in right away and fixed that tooth without charging me a dime. I thought it was very nice of him to fix my tooth without pulling my tooth or charging me. Although he is a little pricier than all the other dentist in WV, I stayed with him. Their office/rooms are always very clean. They also have an air purifier. Reminds me, I need to pull JS WS3 out again. Haven't done them in a long time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.