Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Good morning,

I did Low Impact Total Body Trisets Upper & Lower. It was one long workout. Glad it's done. I went a lot lighter on the LB. You probably wondering why I workout when my knees are swollen/painful? Believe it or not sitting hurts worst. Until the surgeon next week tell me not to do any lower body weight workouts, I will continue working out. I also went for a slow walk this morning.

Doreen - great job on your workout this morning.

Diane - I hope you have a wonderful day and workout.

I will check in later.

Reactions: WD
Upper weights and legs virtual road trip, 58 minutes (53:58 actual), heart rate 94/147, 139 calories, 1, 743 steps. I finished with Lindsey Samper neck and shoulder therapy and some rolling and hip stretche, 26 minutes, 26 calories, 59 steps. I liked the new workout. It takes them a bit to get started, but I just did some extra warming up and stepping on the step.

Upper Weights and Legs virtual road trip August 2020
53:58 minutes Kelly uses 10 and 15 lb dumbbells and a step with two risers is used 30 seconds each exercise. Each is upper group followed by a non weighted pair of loser body exercises and repeated.
Shoulders Kelly 10's me 8's
lateral raise
overhead press
butterfly and press alternating
lower front squats
pop squat
repeat upper and lower

Triceps 10 's
double arm kickbacks
triceps dips behind standing with dumbbells
1 dumbbell overhead extensions
lower lunge alternating 1 1/2 second round alternating lunges
split switch pulsing first time second just split switches
repeat upper and lower

Biceps 15's
21's
alternating pledges (Kelly drops to 10's I stayed 15's)
supination curls
lower
side to side squats
squat shuffle
repeat upper and lower

Back 15's
bent over rows
squeeze back I dropped to 10's second round
lawnmowers alternating sides
lower
side lunges with pulses
single side lunges alternating
repeat upper and lower

Chest 15's
bench press pinky in
flys
partial pullover tomahawk 1 dumbbell
Lower body
Hip Lifts lying on step feet on floor pulsing
Hip Lifts feet on end of step

Stretch

Doreen, we did the same workout. I wish I could remember which other workout she just did that move on with the standing dips with the arms behind. I just feel the 15# was a bit much. Whatever the other one was I did it with one dumbbell after trying with two and thinking it was too heavy. I just held the dumbbell by the ends.

Belinda, I know exactly what you mean. If I sit too long I hurt worse. When my knees were bothering a lot, if I sat I had a hard time getting back up they hurt so bad and just did not want to bend right till I got moving. I don't have that as much right now though. If I sit down long periods I still stand with caution just in case. But movement keeps the pain away and keeps things loose. I Think that is why many articles I have read tell you to do exercises, yoga, swimming are the generalized ones. PT has you exercise. I watched them with people with knee problems. Always some strength type work along with mobility. When people have surgery, they have them up and moving quickly to avoid problems. I have had my husband ask why I was working out. He finally realizes that it helps me.

Good morning,

Woke up this morning with my entire ear swollen, I was awake all night long. Every time I moved my head I was in a lot of pain. I couldn't sleep on my side. I am falling apart. Seriously :( I have an appointment with the doc this morning. I have a history of acute sinus/ear infection. I don't want it to get out of hands like it did a few years ago. I got hospitalized a few times.

Today is a rest day/or extended stretch. If I feel up too I will do a stretch. I do will do SBF D18 Standing Abs and Interm. UB.

I will be back later to catch up on personals.

• Sad
This morning I took my granddaughter to the dentist, picked up my dogs Heartgaurd from the vet and then picked up McDonalds for the their lunch and splurged on a caramel frappe for myself since it is my birthday. It was way too sweet. I am more accustomed to not eating sugar. I came home and made my smoothie bowl with the almond butter with crystallized ginger in it. My husband put happy birthday I love you notes he printed all over the house :D
I did Ice Low Impact Sweat #2 with the blizzard blast, 38 minutes, heart rate 117/169, 171 calories, 3,283 steps. I swear my heart rate was mostly 140 range when I checked it and I never saw it go as low as it says my average was. I didn't look at it that many times though. I saw there is a new Versa coming out?? Not buying one. They need to fix what they got.

Belinda, I am sorry you are having problems with your ear. I hope the appointment was helpful.

Quick update on my ear. I ended up in the ER in Bethesda. This ear infectio is different than any ear infections I had in the past. The doc wants me to see her again tomorrow, to keep on eye on the infection. Of course, if it gets worst tonight she wants me to go the ER tonight. She put me on antibiotics, pain medicine.They took a culture, I have to wait until I get the results. No workout to report today. Ended up taking a rest day.

Diane - Happy birthday. Sounds like you had a great day. I have a sweet tooth. Enjoy the rest of the evening. Thanks! I hope I can sleep tonight.

Have a great evening.

Belinda, I hope that you get a good night sleep and are feeling better in the morning. That sounds painful.

I just finished my workout. I did Kelly Box Fit mix boxing and lower body which includes the abs, 48 minutes, heart rate 119/157, 224 calories, 3,907 steps. The Update on my Fitbit has different zones that I was in now. I don't get it though as it is giving me 60 minutes of zones for the BoxFit workout when it was 48 minutes.
I then did Raw Virtual Road Trip abs and stretch, 24 minutes actual( I now know to forward fast3:55 to where they start unless I want to do something else while they are removing the steps and weights and getting drinks. It cuts off right when whe is getting into the lunge position to stretch legs. I burned 35 calories, heart rate 80/129, 391 steps.
Total time was 72 minutes, 259 calories, 4,298 steps.
BoxFIt Boxing and Lower Mix- All of the boxing then moves to the lower weight work doing all of the moves once then repeating them, cool down then abs and stretch.
Plie 1 1/2 15# dumbbells
slalom squats 10# dumbbells
deadlift/squat ups 15# dumbbells
lunge front and back 10# dumbbells
repeat
abs with 15# dumbbell
crunch, full sit up,russian twists, no weight explosive sit up repeat

Belinda, hope you are feeling better today.

Today I did a late workout. I ordered groceries from Whole Foods and had to wait for them to arrive. Just realized I did not get chips for my husbands lunch that I had ordered. Now I have to think up something else. I was going to go to Dollar General tomorrow. This is really irritating, because the idea was that I would not necessarily have to go to the store on the weekend if I did not want to. My allergies are bad and I just did not want to deal with it.
I did Kelly Coffey Super Sculpt using two premixes since I like to check those out. First I did the Drills and Jumps mix which was the light weight sculpting drills with 3 # dumbbells, followed broken up by the first jump combos facing the step and then after more sculpting drills then straddle jump section. Somewhere in there I started with 2 risers and increased to 3. I then did the Quick Fix #3 which was the drills again followed by a step combo using two risers, 18 minutes, heart rate 130/165, 93 calories, 1,383 steps. I think there is a few of the moves missing in Quick Fix 3 as I have down in my notes that the moves minus the step is 18 minutes. Total workout time was 50 minutes, 258 calories, 3,981 steps.

Good morning,

Spending almost all day in the ER on Friday wasn't fun. My primary doctor nurse called my me to check on me. I was napping, I guess the pain in my ear knocked me out. He recommended I go back to the ER since the swelling got worst. I'll be honest, I wasn't gonna go to the ER, my husband made me go.I saw the doctor right away. I felt bad for DH he was waiting in the car in the rain, it rained nonstop on Friday. He was allowed to sit in the lobby in the ER, he wasn't allowed in the ER. I was laying in a bed, lol. The doctors and nurses took very good care of me. The doctor ran a lot of tests and blood tests on me. I will get the tests results Monday. Since my ears was double the size from the day before they called in 2 ENT doctors. The doctor I saw Thursday also came to check on me. I was checked out by 2 ER doctors and 2 ENT doctors.The ENT's checked for fluids in my ear or ballon (that's what they called it?) After testing my hearing and running lots of tests, they both ruled it out. The ENT doctor gave me a different antibiotics and stronger pain medicine. I still have swelling in my ear and pressure. I have hardly any pain in my ear. I also have to take high doses of cortisone. Yesterday Day1 I had to take a total off 6 tables through out the day, today Day 2 I will take 5, Day 3 I will take 4, Day 4 take 3, Day 5 take 2, Day 6 take 1. If that doesn't knock the swelling down in my ear I don't know what else will. So far I am tolerating the meds well, no nausea or any side effects. So far so good. Who knows maybe the cortisone will take care of the swelling in my knees too. I feel like my energy is starting to came back. I didn't do a whole lot the last few day's but I kept up with Cathe's rotation. Of course, I did everything low impact, no bending over. The doctors didn't say anything about working out. Well... I didn't mention it, lol. I am very careful. The rest of the day's I been resting. I hope by next week I will feel my old self again.

I will check in later.

Belinda, hoping you are so much better tomorrow.

Today is my rest day. I have grandchildren in the morning so will be trying to get the workout done early.

Good morning,

I tried to go for a walk this morning, ended up rescuing a dog that was wondering/running on the streets. It was a very friendly lap. I didn't wanted the poor pup to get run over by a car. Luckily the dog had a tag with the dogs name and phone number. Dog is home with her owner.

Today I did Intensity Bootcamp. Ended up doing all the cardio low impact.

I am feeling a lot better today. I hardly have any pain. The swelling is going down. I think the meds are
working.

Diane - thank you! Hope you enjoyed your rest day yesterday.

I will try to be back later.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Body Fit 1, 41 minutes, 205 calories, heart rate 126/171, 2,902 steps, wearing a 4# vest. I then did Kelly's dvd Box Fit Push premix which was Triceps, Chest, which includes the lower segments between the sets and has the abs added to it. This was 20 minutes, 52 calories, heart rate 98/143, 289 steps, using 10# dumbbells for the triceps and 12# dumbbells for the chest, and abs. I finished with Cathe Lite Extended Stretch # 1 adding some other stretches, 21 minutes, 26 calories, 116 steps( I had to run downstairs to let the dog in) Total time was 82 minutes, 283 calories, 2,407 steps.

Belinda, nice work on Intensiry Bootcamp. The pup was lucky that you came along and helped it out.:)

Today I did Cathe Step Sync Bonus intermediate workout 41 minutes (It really is shorter, but I did not pause the FItbit when I had to trouble shoot another television for my grandson. I did pause when it was getting complicated. Ended up the plug bar must have got messed up during the storm. I had to get another one out) I did the warm up and cardio to this workout, 102/144 heart rate, 159 calories, 3,274 steps. I wanted it for a warm up and then did Coffey Fit Raw All About Glutes 44 minutes, 93/121 heart rate, 78 calories, 343 steps. I finished with Lite extended stretch # 2 and some foam rolling. I increased the weights on the glute workout and used my heavy band this time. TOTAL TIME 1 hour 41 minutes counting the plug issue, 254 calories, 3,673 steps.
Weights today
Dead Squats 40# barbell (last time I used 35#)2 sets 10 and 10 reps
Goblet squat 25# dumbbells 2 sets 11 and 11 reps
Back Squats I used 25# dumbbells this time instead of the barbell, 2 sets 9 and 9 reps
bridges feet on barbell 2 sets 14 reps and 13 reps with pulses
band heavy Cathe non latex clam 20 rep 20 reps right and left, repeat 20 and 17 reps
butt blaster with heavy band 15 rep right 15 reps left repeat
Bridge adductors band heavy 2 sets 15 reps second with pulses
bridge 1 leg figure 4 22 reps right and 22 left then with pulses 14 right and 14 left
SUPER Set Dead squats 40# barbell with squats 25# dumbbells repeat This was 9 and 10 reps dead squats and 11 and 10 reps squats

Diane - Are you helping you grandson with virtual school? I always wondered how that would work with younger kids who need help with the technology. I know a teacher (6th grade) and she says a week into virtual school about half of her class hasn't even logged in yet!!

My two are old enough to do it on their own and have been pretty responsible about it. (I think- I haven't seen reports yet to tell me otherwise)

I forgot to mention I started Cathe's June 2020 Week 3 yesterday.

Today was ICE Chiseled Lower Body & Upper Body. One more week for a double Wednesday workout.

Diane - great job with your workout. How old are your grandchildren again? Can't remember.

Doreen - I been wondering about the younger kids too with visual learning. Thats great your kids are responsible.

BBL!

Today I did Coffey FIt Raw Cardio Overload 2, 35 minutes, heart rate 129/171, 183 calories, 3,364 steps and wore a 4#vest. I then did Raw Cardio Tone and left on the 4# vest, 30 minutes, 157 calories, heart rate 132/161, 2,554 steps. Total time 65 minutes, 340 calories, 5,918 steps. I signed up for 6 months of CL with the 15 off discount code this evening. Had problems with it this morning and got locked out of my log in because I kept trying and it was not working.

Belinda, these two that I am helping are 6 and 12. Have fun with the Cathe Rotation. I have not done many of her rotations myself.

Doreen, my daughter teaches younger children. Funny, she asked me I told her we had done the zoom if the children were all half dressed or like half of hers that were online with no shirts and stuff. I bet you would get a lot of pajama kids and stuff. Maybe 6th graders would be more apt to at least dress. It seemed like the children were pretty much all there as the teacher went through her list and had each child acknowledge they were there. She also called out each name and would mute the rest and had them tell their two favorite things to do. Then she had each one wave at her as she called their name and told them good bye. Tomorrow will have a roll call again. The one problem we had is there is a log on code to scan when we get on. It quit working after he decided it was too long doing the test to see how well he could read. I could not get back on. I even shut down and retried. Then my daughter between her stuff at the school, tried to help and I logged into his google account and back through and got back on, not the test though. But the teacher had a pop up for the zoom at 8:30. I am not really familiar with using it so that was a bit of a problem too. But, we got there.
My granddaughter in 7th grade uses the laptop. Today she worked on a project doing a PSA and did animations and filmed and sent it in. I guess though that my daughter would be one of the first to make sure her children are logged in. Besides my granddaughter likes learning. Other than the English grammar. She got that figured out and studied a lot. She was excited about her project today. She chose the filming and drawing animations that she did. She loves that sort of thing.

Good morning,

I am getting my knees checked out today. I also noticed my achilles are hurting when I walk. It's one of the side effects from the antibiotics I am taking. There is a chance Achilles tendinitis and rupture with people taking antibiotics with Fluoroquinol. It's also the same knee that's been bordering me. I thought my knee pain is radiating down to my achilles. Or it's from walking, working out? Since it's a slide chance I could have a rupture in my achilles from the antibiotics I will follow the doctors advice.

I had stop taking taking the antibiotics. I will see the orthopedic surgeon this morning than see the ENT doc. I do feel better. My ear is still hurting and swollen. I am done with the cortisone 6 day treatment. The swelling should be gone by now.

I will take a rest day today. We shall see. BBL!

Today I did Cathe Live #311 Cardio Muscle Confusion, 42 minutes, heart rate 105/148, 136 calories, 1,692 steps. It used the stability ball for some of the cardio and I do not like the swinging the ball overhead side to side. I never liked that move for some reason. It was okay, but won't be a favorite. I really did not have much time to look at workouts and think about what I want to do. School and working to get things done late does not give a lot of spare time. I got 6 hours of sleep last night which is better than the last 3 days. I usually am awake before my silent alarm goes off, but I slept through 10 minutes of it. I am exhausted. The workout was not all that intense which was fine with me. I also did Raw Core Moves since I was already using the stability ball, 24 minutes, 47 calories, 209 steps.
Total time was 66 minutes, 183 calories, 1,875 steps.
#311 Cardio Muscle Confusion 42 minutes 6 rounds
warm up using 5# dumbbells
rnd 1
walking lunges with plie turns 12# dumbbells
ball slams with jumps stability ball
decline push ups on ball
rnd 2
arnold press side to side step 10# dumbbells 16 reps
gliding discs side slide lunges 10# dumbbells
double arm rows 20# dumbbells 16 reps
plank jacks/ moguls
Rnd 3
Gliding discs jacks
reverse lunges with biceps curls 8's
incline curl with stability ball 12# dumbbells
lunges with ball circles 24 reps
Rnd 4
snatce with plie jack 8# dumbbell
deadlift 20# dumbbells 16 reps
sumo squat 20# dumbbells 16 reps
discs mountain climber circles
Rnd 5
scissor scissor jump
cross back lunges 12# dumbbells
front side raises alternating arms 5# dumbbells
triceps push ups stability ball
Rnd 6
ball seated jacks ( if I were to do this again I would do jacks standing)
hamstring roll ins on ball
sit outs
glute bridge triceps extensions 12# dumbbells

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.