Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Good morning,

Today DH and I did Chest & Triceps = 25 min plus 10 min abs. I will try to post my workout later.

Diane - aww...sorry about your internet. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Doreen - great find. Our thrift store has crap, lol. Enjoy your new dvd's.

Have a great Monday, everyone.

UGh- I forgot to set my alarm this morning and woke up 35 minutes late!! I decided to try a quick workout anyway and grabbed the Ignite by Spri DVD I got from the thrift last week. I picked the 25 minute Full Body HIIT workout. I didn't think I was going to like it because it started out only bodyweight moves. But then she really picked some great exercises and though it wasn't the calorie burn they promised I was working hard and had a good workout.

3 exercises repeated 4 rounds - each set of exercises got harder and the reps decreased. So for example in round 1 it was 10 pushups, 10 situps, 10 air squats but by the last round it was 4 manmakers!

Good morning,

Today I worked my Quads & Calves. I also did D2 UB of SBF Gratitude Challenge 2019.Yesterday I started SBF Gratitude Challenge 2019, I did Day 1 Interval 7. My triceps are sore from yesterday's workout. I like those short workouts. I will try to post my workout later.

Doreen - I have that dvd. I never done it. Need to pull it out one day.

Have a great workout and day, everyone.

CL 37 Steptastic this morning. This was a really fun one with several blasts thrown in for good measure!! I did it on 2 risers.

Belinda- I looked up the other workouts on 2lazy4thegym.com and I think the Full Body one I did is probably the one I would enjoy most. I'm not sure I'll try the other ones as they look very plank intensive.

No workout today. I was not feeling well. Yesterday I did Low Max.

Belinda, nice that you are getting in your weight work and SB.

Doreen, I wouldn't like a workout to be too plank intensive. I can't remember which workout that I have since I have not run across it in a long time, but it is so burpee intensive I always dreaded it.

Good morning,

Shoulder/ab workout = 25 min + D3 SBF TB Cardio 2 = 21 min is done.

Doreen - I don't mind doing lots of planks. Planks are gentle on my back instead of crunches. I going to have to pull that dvd out soon.

Diane - I don't mind doing planks. I do dread burpees, I always modify them. I don't want to tweek my back dropping on the floor.

I will not be around much today, I am in DC until Thursday.

Have a great workout and day, everyone.

CL 76 Strong Total body this morning. I only did the 40 mintues of the weight work (skipped core at the end) I liked this one - was guessing on weights a bit but picked some challenging weights.

I once did a entire 3 month program that the only cardio was burpees - and each week you kept building until the last day you did 175 med ball burpees. I was crazy at one point in my life. I would never do that again!! (But I think I was in really good shape at the end of those three months!)

Reactions: WD
Today I did Kelly Coffey Strong and Lean Dvd no shoulders premix and added the bonus extension, 30 minutes, heart rate 108 average, 142 max, met 5.0, 132 calories, 906 steps. I then did Kelly's Your Healthy back using the Raw channel since she has the 30 min to fitness workouts there. This was 32 minutes(not sure why it was labeled 42) met 3.5, 93 calories, 337 steps, heart rate average 100, max 141. I have been wanting to do this and kept thinking of purchasing. It is exercises for strengthening mainly lower back and hips. There is ab work in it as well. Total time was 62 minutes, calories burned 225, 1,245 steps.

Strong and Lean uses one set barbell, one set dumbbells, and one set tubing. I used a 25# barbells, 12 and 10# dumbbells, and med (15# b-lines tubing) high reps
biceps-curls barbell, hammer curls/alternating hammer curls dumbbells, alternating tubing curls
back- overhand rows barbell, plie position rows dumbbells, standing reverse flies tubing
lower body- squats barbell, side to side lunge dumbbells, side to side steps tubing
triceps-barbell dips off of step, skull crusher dumbbells, seated triceps extensions tubing,
chest- bench press barbell, single arm fly alternating dumbbell, seated fly/peck dec tubing
extended moves were barbell bridges off of step, knee pulls, 1 dumbbell sit ups reaching overhead, lying feet tap on floor to reverse curl up with feet

I will be back to respond to posts. I am running late and have to go out for a bit.

Belinda, planks are not that bad, but they do put some pressure on my neck and shoulder. I used to do those with weights wrapped around my waist and hold them for quite a long time. Kelly Coffey says she doesn't do burpees, but does squat thrusts. I read a piece by Sharon Twombly about how burpees are often done wrong and causes a lot of injuries. She is a physical therapists.

Doreen, I used to do the extreme workouts all of the time and sometimes I would add to them. It takes awhile to realize that some of the other workouts really do a good job without being so tough on the body. That is a lot of burpees. I also have found workouts I kept ignoring because my first impression was not so great end up being ones that I really like now. A lot of the time I just did not like a workout because I wasn't burning crazy amounts of calories. Now I realize that is not necessarily going to make me fit.

Good afternoon,

I am still in DC. I went to a backing class in DC with DD, DIL and a friend of my DD. We had a blast making a cake and truffles. Our cakes turned out amazing. I will freeze mine for TG.

Had a monster migraine since this morning, hadn't had one like this in a long time. The meds finally kicked in. I went to the gym, worked my booty, hamstrings & outer tights. I also did SBF Stopwatch Planks.

Diane - I do upright planks to take the pressure of my shoulder, been working well for me. Planks, burpees I do on a bench/chair. My back & shoulders are thanking me for that. I learned to modify a long time ago. I don't lift super heavy anymore for back/shoulders anymore. I learned my lesson a long time ago.

I will try to be back later. I hope I don't get caught in traffic driving home.

This morning I did Cathe Lite Cardio Party mix that is the main workout + the Calorie Crush, 55 minutes, heart rate average 148, max 180, 5,369 steps, 389 calories, met 8.0. I then did Lite Bonus Abs #1, 10 minutes, 35 calories, 66 steps, heart rate 101 average, 128 max, met 4.0. Total time was 65 minutes, 424 calories, 5,435 steps. I also did Sarah Beth Yoga Beginner Neck stretches 10 minutes, foam rolling and PT work. I tried to get another Neck stretch and it kept taking me to something else. I am going to get on my laptop and put the ones I want in my watch list.

Doreen, how did you like the ride? I think I have only done one of Cathe's rides on CL.

Belinda, I hope that migraine stays away. I quit having them when I quit eating a lot of bread and grains. I think that it is mostly wheat products. In PT they started me doing some things for my back and shoulders leaning on a table. I do them with my fit tower now. Things like shoulder openers lifting one arm to the side and then the other while in an a diagonal plank, doing very slight dips with my back up and down to strengthen my upper back squeezing the back together without using the shoulders. It has taken some practice. I did well with the planks in the abs on lite today. I forgot about the plank knee in w's. She does give breaks though. Kelly's your healthy back has superman move in it. I did those yesterday and my low back was a bit sore this morning. I rolled along the sides of the low back(not on the spine) this morning and it relieved it. Then I ended up doing them in the abs this morning. They had me try some just upper body lifting superman moves with arms back and shoulders pulled together in PT. At the time it caused me pain though.

Good morning,

Woke up this morning with another migraine, my head/noise is stuffed up and chills. I will wait until the meds kicks in maybe this afternoon I can get a short walk in outside.

Diane - a few years ago, I had emergency surgery for my sinus/ears. Mine isn't caused by bread or anything like food related. My sinus are caused by my ears. My sinus/ear infection get so bad I end up in the hospital and get hospitalized. To makes things worst I get a very high fever of 103 or higher :( The last time I didn't realized I had a fever, I wasn't feeling well and had really bad chills. My body completely shuts down :( I been seeing the ENT regularly for years. I forgot I use the Fit Tower for planks too. Glad you modify as needed. My body feels so much better (knock on wood) with the modifications I been doing. I really don't want to go through slipped disc problems again or my rotator problems.

I will be back later.

This morning I did the new Live - Power Legs. It was fun! I used my rebounder for all the jacks but the jumping in this one was not that bad! Great workout! Then I stopped before the stretch and did 15 mintues of 181 Jabs and Kicks - which was about one combo - both sides.

Diane - I liked it - just typical stuff with a long hill, some standing, some jumps and one set of Tabatas. Hard to get too original on the bike IMO - its mostly about the music.

Last night I did 20 minutes of a YT step class that had great music - I'll have to remember it for when I just need a few more steps! I didn't want to break a sweat so I just used the step topper with no risers.

Like I have always said get Cathe OnDemand if you are curious about any Cathe Workout! I know it includes Cathe Live, but you don’t have to do Cathe Live! And you can get the Cathe Ondemand and cancel it whenever you want!
Jen Den

I ended up doing a little standing LB barre. I will try to walk a little, just to get my steps in. BBL!

Doreen - I use my rebounder for jumping jacks and all high impact. Love using it. Great job!

Today was one of those days where everything was kind of off. My husband got a call from his niece who was going to come here on her way to Texas so I started laundry and pulled out things for dinner. Getting the sofa bed ready etc.. Then she decided she didn't have time. I picked up my grandson from school which is a long drive. I got there an hour ahead of time and they ended up getting out 30 minutes later than I was told. Anyway, I got in a shorter workout and got to the bank and a stop at Sprouts. We played games and set up the electric train for Christmas. He saw it in the garage. My workout was PHA 2, my first real attempt at full body weight training. I was cautious and am feeling fine. Workout was 47 minutes, met 6.0, 225 calories, 808 steps, heart rate 102 average, 144 max. I did modify a bit and went light on shoulders.
Weights Rnd 1A and 1B
side to side sumo squats 15# db, 15# db 12 reps
one arm row 15# db, 15# db 12 reps
forwrd leaning glute lunges 10# dbs 12 reps
pull overs 10# dbs 12 reps 10# dbs 12 reps
standing squats 15# dbs 12 reps 15# dbs 12 reps
push ups on knees second round with hands on step
rear lunges off of step 10# dbs 12 rep 10# dbs 12 reps
close grip bench press 12# dbs 5 reps 10# dbs 5 reps
Round 2A and 2 B
side lunge 15# db 12 reps, 15# db 12 reps
biceps curls 12 # dbs 12 reps 12# dbs 12 reps
elevated push dips 8# dbs 12 reps 8# dbs 12 reps
side to front lateral raise 2 ct 1 rep 5# dbs 12 reps 3# dbs 12 reps
static lunges 15# db 12 reps 15# db 12 reps
W curl 10# dbs 12 reps 10# dbs 12 reps
deadlifts 15# dbs 12 reps 15# dbs 12 reps
lying extension 10# dbs 12 reps 10# dbs 12 reps

Belinda, I do not usually run a high fever. 100 and I am very ill. It did get up there last year at Christmas time when it all turned into a sinus infection. I was miserable through our families Christmas celebration. That would be rough having to be in the hospital with the sinus. Hopefully the modifications stay working well. Nice that you got some barre in today.

Doreen, I would have expected Power Legs to have lots of jumping. I am glad it wasn't too bad on the jumping. I don't mind some jacks. Yeh, there is not many moves that are different on the spin bike. I did kind of like the Les Mills rides with the changing scenes on the rides and the music. One thing I kind of hated quitting the subscription for.

Good morning,

Today DH and I did Biceps. We picked a few biceps exercises high reps = 16 -20 reps each exercise. My biceps are talking to me, lol. I also did SBF Active Stretch = 14 min. I probably will do a short outdoor walk later. My sinus is still bordering me. It got cold really fast here. It dropped to 27 yesterday. It's in the 40's now.

Diane - I was very sick when I ended up in the hospital with a high fever. I didn't realized how sick I was until I was hospitalized with a full blown ear & sinus infection. Like I mention, my ear infection triggers my sinus. In Germany I had emergency surgery on my ear/sinus. I was in the hospital for almost 2 weeks. I had the infection already in my head, which is very dangerous. I couldn't breath through my noise anymore. I have acute sinus & ear infections for years. My ENT doctor always give me a supplies of meds in case an emergency of a sinus/ear infection. I don't want to go through this again if I can prevent it. I hear you on being missable with a sinus infection, I know what you mean.It sure isn't fun. Nice job yesterday.

I will be back later.

Good evening,

Today I walked outside with the dog and did SBF stretching,

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. It's so cold outside.

Good night everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.