Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Belinda- Good job on your painting - that would seem tough to do!

Diane - I kinda thought the same thing about Bodyweight & Bands - good for travel or to do sections but I haven't pulled it back out since my first time through it.

This morning I wanted some fun cardio. Studio Sweat on Demand is pretty much just spin for cardio. Otherwise its drills for cardio or TRX and cardio. So I did the Club Routine #8 - it all choreographed and you just keep moving. The peaks intervals in the Club Routine are really short - shorter than the DVDs so I like that.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Overload version 2, 32 minutes, met 6.5, 192 calories, 2,849 steps, heart rate average 132, max 162. I wore my 8# vest. I then did Raw Step 3, 43 minutes, 338 calories, met 8.3, 4,007 steps, heart rate average 146 max 167. I wore my 8# vest for this and used 1# dumbbells for the boxing moves and 10# dumbbells for the weight segments(there are 4). I finished off with Barre Amped Stretch Lower Body, 20 minutes, 35 calories, met 2.0. Total time was 95 minutes, 565 calories, 6,873 steps.

Belinda, nice job on getting in the workout. You did great on the painting of Brawler. I have not tried painting too many dog pictures. I guess I did a springer spaniel once years ago that was in an art book. I mostly paint scenery in oils. Did they have you use acrylics? They dry so fast it makes it hard to work as I am a slow painter. I have all of the stuff though.

Doreen, you sure make use of all of the streaming workouts. I don't think that Body Weight and Bands is a bad workout, just not something that makes me feel like I did much even though I feel it while I am doing it.

Doreen - thanks! It was tough to do :( Had tears in my eyes. Great job!

Diane - thank you! I never painted dogs pictures or anything else. Well, I did painted a flower years ago. My daughter loved it so much, it's hanging in her bedroom :) They used acrylics. Yeah, I noticed it was hard to work with. I was very slow too. My son bought me a paint set years ago, never even open it :( Maybe I should use it one day, lol.

I am!!! I decided I want the DVDs for the premixes so I'm going to watch the daily deals to pick up enough for free shipping.

Belinda, I find that oils are so much easier to work with when painting. It does take patience though for colors to dry. Some pigments take a long time to dry and if you want to paint something over it. I get a bit frustrated with acrylics. There is some medium you can use that keeps it wet a bit longer. I like to pick up a tiny brush and work on detail. That is difficult if it is going to dry that fast. I guess I need acrylic classes :)

I plan on getting the new Step Boss workouts. It just may be a couple of weeks or so. I kind of would like to get dvds and downloads. It makes since since shipping is around 5 dollars so the 50 dollars is not that much more than just purchasing the dvds.

I think I'm getting the DVDs so I can have the premixes. I will watch for a daily deal to add on to get free shipping.

Good morning,

D56 Cardio is done.

Diane - that's fantastic you enjoy paining. You must have some really beautiful art. I am still on the fence about the step workouts. I need more details on the crew/music. I haven't bought a dvd in years. Do I really need more? I hardly use the once I have anymore.

Doreen - great choice! I am done with DVD's. IMO, there isn't anything special about the premixes anymore. I used to love doing her premixes. She really mixed them up/was a new workout. Which dvd's are you looking for?

Have a great day and workout. BBL!

Belinda - Either Fit Tower Total body or STS Total Body.... though I really don't need either of them!! LOL!

This morning I started with a SSoD 30 Minute Sculpt but it ended up being non-squat leg work and I wasn't digging it so I switched to a Total Body Sculpt by Bethany which was better but still not as great as some I've done. I think some instructors you just click with and I don't think I clicked with Bethany this morning. It was an interesting class structure - Tabata total body. So each 20 second work you did a different body part so one tabata circuit was an exercise for a different body part and then you repeated it backwards - so the cardio move at the end was doubled up as you start back reverse order. Then after 2x through she started with a different set of exercises still in the format of legs, back, shoulders, bi, tri, chest, core, cardio.

I did Lite Body Weight and Bands Calorie crush time saver skipping the stretch, 14 minutes, heart rate average 130, max 168, 99 calories, met 7.70, 1,154 steps, followed by Lite Metabolic Blast mix that includes the calorie crush, 53 minutes, heart rate average 117, max 158, 2,514 steps, 314 calories, met 6.7 met(my met) ending with Coffey Fit Raw stretch 18 minutes(I did not really have time to finish), 35 calories. Total time was 85 minutes, 448 calories, 3,668 steps.

Doreen, I would go for STS Total Body first if I was you. At least that is my preference. I have the Advance Fit Tower Total Body and it is good, but prefer the other. There is some good stuff in the Fit tower and I like the pull up moves and and use of the tower for some of it. I really do not need it to hold the barbell on the clips though. I don't lift heavy enough on bench presses for that and when it gets to flys the tower is in the way. I am always having to readjust how it sits. Not a huge problem, but sort of bugs that it messes with the flow.

Belinda, I am not like you in that I do use the dvds a lot still. I am not ready to stream everything or play just downloads. I think the best premixes were when Cathe had more than one workout on a dvd and did mixes that combined the two.

Good morning,

D56 booty workout is done.

Diane - I haven't touched a dvd in so long :( They collection dust. Are you not streaming KCM and Cathe? I totally agree, Cathe's premixes are not what they used to be. Looking at the premixes on her latest sets, these are not premixes, IMO! Warm up+ Main workout + main workout + abs 1 + stretch, lol. I don't get it? Not one premix on her dvd's that you can't do with a download. Just go on the sales page and look at the newer dvd's premixes. If I want to do a premix I can go to the user guide and look it up what the premix is all about for example (warm up - A1 + B2 + abs + cool down :) I enjoy my older dvd's from back in the day's. I probably will revisit all of them once I am done with my rotation. At least they had very good premixes and good music. I wished she picked better music, premixes and bring back the old crew. I haven't bought a dvd in years. I have everything I need, I don't need add more. Be honest, they all starting to look the same, JMO!

Doreen - I have the entire Fit Tower set and never used it, 2 are still in shrink wrap :( I also have an extra copy of STS TB. Don't ask me why, lol? I hope both come up soon for you.

Have a wonderful Mothers day, everyone.

Last edited:
Today I did Kelly's new Raw workout Step Drills and Compound Moves, 41 minutes (actual 37), as I wrote down the weight work. Heart rate average 127 max 175, 248 calories, 2,468 steps. I followed this with Kelly's Cardio Step Kickboxing, horizontal mix skipping the abs, 39 minutes, heart rate average 145, max 181, 3,345 steps, met 9.3, 263 calories. I used the 8 inch step for this today. I ended with Lite extended stretch #2, 13 minutes, 35 calories. Total time was 93 minutes, 546 calories, 5,868 steps.

Belinda, I have done Cathe Live streaming twice. I have been keeping up with Kelly's Raw, as it has a lot of different ways of working out and I am enjoying them. I don't think Cathe has any of the first crew she had in the very early workouts. I remember bringing one back in who had moved away for one of the workouts. I pay very little attention to the crew myself. I watch Cathe. I could probably get used to figuring out ways of using the downloads and/or on demand. On demand is silly for me, other than to try a new series that I do not have, if I want to preview before purchasing. I would just rather have the dvd. I do find that I tend to want to use Kelly's Raw streaming more than the workouts. Although she does keep Raw cardio and stuff pretty simple. No complicate choreography.

Diane - sounds like KCM has an awesome streaming site. I hear nothing but good things about it. I will give her a shot soon. I was talking about Cedie, Lorraine, Amanda. I agree about the OnDemand. DVD's are going out. It is what it is! Downloads are convenient, IMO. No need for a dvd player when traveling. Play the download anywhere. Others figured out how to make your own premixes. Like I mention before, for me it just doesn't make sense to buy dvd's since the premixes are nothing special. They all just strung together. I used to love the premixes about Cathe's older workouts. They were amazing back in the day's. I probably will skip these workouts too and wait for reviews. I always can pick them up later with her 40% off sale. Comes out to the same as the presale price. What I learned the last few years by not buying/jump on the bandwagon? I can do without them :) I already have something similar. Just need to use what I already own. I am pretty sure, my friend will buy them, lol. She loves step workouts. I will get a chance to try them. I already gave her all my high impact dvd, I can't do anymore.

Have a great Mother's day, everyone.

This morning I did a Total Body Sculpt with TRX - 55 minutes. 3 circuits on the TRX, 3 with dumbells, 2 on the TRX, 2 with dumbells or something like that.

Belinda - I have set up most of my own DVD library for streaming now anyway. I bought a 1TB external hard drive and have ripped most of the DVDs I use frequently to it. Then I can use my ROKU as a media streaming service on my home network. So much easier to just scroll through a list of titles than shuffling DVDs around. I have each instructor set up in a folder to keep them separate I'll rip the new ones too after I figure out which premixes I would use most.

Hi everyone,

Day 57 Arms, Abs & butt is done.

Doreen - this is so cool. how did you rip all your dvd's to an external hard drive? I would love to know how to do it. I am technical challenged for stuff like this.

Sorry I have no time for personals. Great job everyone.

Today was Kelly Coffey Cardio Sculpt Fitness cardio mix with abs, 39 minutes, heart rate 132 average, 170 max, met 8.3, 279 calories, 3,006 steps. Coffey Fit Raw 6 and 6 metabolic, 34 minutes, heart rate average 112, max 147, 172 calories, met 7.8, 978 steps, Body Design Yoga 13 minutes, 37 calories, met 2.7, 50 steps. Total time was 72 minutes, 451 calories, 4,034 steps. I hope everyone had a nice weekend and mothers day.
6 and 6 is six rounds of 6 moves and I used 12's and 15's for the workout. They are compound moves for most of it other than squats and lunges. It has side lunge to overhead press, plank rows with push ups, ski arms (swings with two dumbbells, dumbbells together on floor doing triceps push ups.

Doreen, I have talked to others that have done that with their workouts. Even to the point of mixing things up and making their own workout playlist doing only what they like to do. I am not good at something like that. It would be nice though.

Belinda, you are so good at getting those workouts done early.

Good morning,

Cardio Flow is done. I will do a stretch later.

Diane - thank you! We try to get the workouts done before DH heads to work. If we try to do them later in the evening they will never get done. Nice job on your workouts as usually.

I will try to be back later.

Belinda - I used a program called HandBrake. Here's a tutorial:
https://www.howtogeek.com/102886/how-to-decrypt-dvds-with-hardbrake-so-you-can-rip-them/

Cardio Flow sounds interesting - is it cardio or yoga or a mix?

Yesterday I had a five hour meeting (staff evaluations and reviews) and I felt like I needed some more steps so I put on a gymbox step routine with just the step topper (i really didn't want a workout per say - just some movement). That was fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.