Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Diane Sue, LOL! I probably will take me a few years to go through all my workout dvd's :) I bought a lot, but haven't done all of them :( This is why I shouldn't buy anymore workout dvd's :D I think 2016 I have to pull them all out plus premixes. That should be fun! I know eventually I will buy the Fitness Blender program, sounds like fun.

Catgirl, that sounds complicated :) I have a MacPro, I doubt I can do that on my PC? I heard the old WB is outdated :) I really don't want to pay for a monthly subscription :( I know it's the trend right now :( I know its fun, but I like my downloads, dvd's and whatever I find on youtube :) I wished you could download Cathe Live workouts. I would pay for that. I have all Cathe dvd's except RWH. I injured my foot when it came out, didn't thought I could do it :( I thought it would be too high impact. Maybe one of those day's it goes on sale :)

dmerz, I wished I knew how to make my own premixes :) You are not alone that to hate pile jacks :) I just don't do them, lol.

112toguru, what results are you seeing with Body Revolution? What phase are you in? I also need to pull it out in 2016 :) I will be done with STS in the middle of Jan 2016. I preordered ICE :) I will be doing it first :)

Dmerz, how lucky that you can use the blender. It's probably the newer version of Windows that it doesn't like?

Bayerngirl, that is why I joined this check in. I have at least a years worth of programs sitting around that I have not done. I just have to stop and do them (after ICE). I do luck out and find ones at Goodwill all the time, so at least I'm not paying full price. In Oct, I found the entire Chalean Extreme for $4.99. Never had been played and had all of the materials. So that is also on the list. I so hope that Cathe will someday offer a purchase download program for live. I would instantly buy a couple that I already love. Keeping fingers crossed! RWH is high impact on the whole. But I got great results from it.

I might be the only one to love plie jacks. My downfall is the spider mountain climbers on the discs. My thighs give out every time on the second set. AARG!

Catgirl, WOW!! $4.99 for Chalean Extreme. I don't blame you for getting it for that price :p I would have bough it too. My Goodwill has nothing but junk. Maybe Cathe offers download in the future :) Wishful thinking. I don't do spider mountain climbers either :) Also hate them :) Have to modify.

Diane Sue - I'm not getting the Cathes, I got OnDemand. There just were just so many different ones I wanted to tryout, and I'm more focused on cleaning up my space. It's pretty cool. Nice workout yesterday, those are some heavy weights! I still have a list of unfinished workouts to complete, and some I'll just go back to.

dmerz - X10 is a goodie, I don't think I'll fool with the blender yet, I'm still wondering how smart you have to be to use a smart TV. It's a great option though. 100# deadlifts, Nice.

Bayerngirl - just going through ones I either haven't done or avoided. I'll do Ice too when it's available. Good for you for liking Ab work, that's a tough love workout. Maybe re-organize & put them in categories, then pick from the categories, sometimes you just need to pick one out of a hat.

catgirl - CLX is a solid program, what a deal. Cathe jacked me out with Hardstrikes yesterday, I wanted to try that out for some time, so I took the plunge. I might try the BB on-demand next year sometime. I might be letting some things go next year too.

Looks like I can go to Goldsboro after all, with Cathe Live. Walked yesterday and did Hardstrikes, flawlessly OnDemand, streaming & Cathe were flawless, I was a sweaty mess. ;p

Good morning,

JS Toning walk is done:)

I will be back for personals after DH's doc appointment. Have a good one, everyone.

Today Fitness Blender was an Upper Body Strength and Kickboxing workout with Power Yoga at the end, The only equipment needed was optional and I used a medicine ball like Daniel used for the pullovers. I was reluctant to add on the Extra Credit because I hate push ups and it was all push ups but I pushed myself and did it. This was the 8 week fat loss program and was 59 minutes, 328 calories. I did ot do any of the 4 week core rotation because it was a lot of core, although it did have upper body weights and abs supersets. Tomorrow is cardio and abs so I didn't want to push it. Instead I put in Kelly Coffey Strength and Stamina and did a mix express, workout 1, 1 round and swings, 21 minutes, 136 calories. If I would have noticed that there was more premixes on a second page I would have done the upper body and swings mix from both 1&2, 27 minutes. I really didn't get in much lower with what I did anyway. This gave me a bit of weight work for upper body and I love kettlebells :) I believe I have another lower body and a upper superset coming up Friday and Saturday. I think I am going to like Strength Stamina.
I will come back for personals after I get showered.

Today was various LI cardio. Started with CSS step, followed by TTM lower impact premix, followed by Intensity LI, and finished with X10 LI. Good workout.

Diane Sue, I also love a good Kettlebell workout. Good job on the push-ups. I still stink at them, but I keep trying.

112toguru, I am loving my Cathe live. I was worried about connection In my basement, but so far so good. I love Hardstrikes (well all of her boxing ones). Always have a good time.

Belinda, I hope that your husband is mending well after the surgery. I like your goal to complete 200 workouts that you already have :)

Catgirl, Daniel on the fitness blender workouts usually stays on his toes for the push ups but on that 10 minute session he ended up on his knees for part of it. I used to do better. The ones that kill me are when they do the hand clap push ups on the toes. I can do a few but they really are hard on the wrists. I have learned to modify when it is needed. I once put together a rotation using P90X and other workouts that skipped a lot of the P90X push ups. Seriously, I think we can get results without all of those push ups :p :) Your workout looks like some of those mixes of workouts that I have done to get in a longer low impact workout without being bored to death. Ypu got a great price for Chalean Extreme. have all of them and her extras. I get a kick out of her and some of her outfits. The boots!! I can't imagine working out in boot

112toguru, I think that I would like the Cathe live. I have all of Cathe's except the new ones coming so I have no need for on Demand. I am sure I would have been interested years ago though. I even replaced my original bunch of vhs tapes of Cathe's workouts with dvds over time.

demerz, I really do like X10. I wonder why Cathe's didn't keep the workout blender up.

Today I did a workout blender creation. 5 or so of my favorite from RWH Plyo HIIT two, then Intensity's higher intensity step, then All Out Low Impact Hiit's step hiit portion. A good workout right about 40 minutes.

I think they can't control all the computer variables on the downloaded blender and it became too difficult to trouble shoot everyone's issues. My guess it once they knew they were headed toward streaming and an online workout blender they abandoned the downloaded one. I've seen in other posts that they may circle back around and work on it again once their other Ondemand projects are finished (adding premixes to OnDemand, adding Cathe live to Roku streaming maybe?)

I've had my eye on Jillian's BodyShred and/or Body Revolution. Both are in my Amazon wishlist but I'm holding off for now. Maybe a Mother's day or Birthday present? I'm going to try to limit myself to $100 for 2016 and not purchase anything until mid-summer when Cathe normally announces if there will be a new series. But I keep wondering when the year will come that there will not be a new release!

Catgirl, what's CCS step?
Diane Sue, They do have a blender with OnDemand, maybe they just support that now. It looks easy to use.
Checking in with Tonique CardioMat yesterday, trying to accomplish this 2x a week, and forgot that it doesn't need a warm up. Tried Yoga Relax last night OnDemand, that's a good one. Today did the Cathe Live, that was good, though my connection for it was just okay, I'll have to work on that, I use Roku for the dvds, and that's really good. I've never taken a live class, in person or virtual, neat. Glassboro, not Goldsboro, that's in our neck of the woods.
Was going to do Power Hour, one I don't have. Maybe Saturday.

Today I just did Fitness Blender 8 week fat loss day 17 which was warm up, core/abs, hiit cardio and a stretch. 45 minutes. I didn't take the time for the 5 minute extra credit which was non weight squat and squat jump variations. This was 45 minutes, 291 calories. I had things that had to be done early. I am expecting the Fixate cookbook to arrive today. I hope it has recipes that work for me. I generally eat pretty much all paleo. Once in awhile there I got off track a bit, particularly when eating something someone else cooked or brings over. I have lots of different nutritional cookbooks.

Today I did STS D37 Legs and Extended stretch. I also did Jessica Smith 30 Day HiiT walk + Healthy Back (ran out of time yesterday) = 15 min.

dmertz, I thought originally the workout blender was a selling point for purchasing downloads. I have a roku but it is downstairs on our main television. I don't have one on my upstairs television in my workout room. I can get you tube on it and other programs but no roku. I hate when I am streaming a workout and it starts buffering right in the middle of it. That happened this morning with using my computer and hdmi. I don't know how I feel about all of the streaming etc.. I am sort of partial to my dvds. I had a 5 disc programmable dvd player once but that was so much work it was not worth messing with. It sounds like it would be fun once it was all figured out having the Cathe live for me.

Belinda, just curious, how do they do hiit in a walking workout. That sort of makes me think of my hip hop walk dvd with AmyRoss. Never felt my HR got up much. I have only done it a few times.

Diane Sue, her HiiT walk she runs in place/lateral jumps/fast side steps. My HR gets up there so does my step count :) I wear a Fitbit!! I really like this walking set. I bought the set on Black Friday w/40% off. The workouts are only 30 min and I avg. 3000 to 4000 steps. Not bad! Her mom shows the modification, Jessica is the intermediate and Beth(I can't follow her she makes funny faces :D) is the advanced exerciser. I really like the set. I am doing her 30 Day walk rotation that came with the set, I am in Week 3. I always liked Jessica Smith Youtube workouts. I am surprised Amy's Hip Hop walk doesn't get your HR up? Her workouts are usually advanced. I have a lot of her older workouts, I am out of breath with her workout, lol.

I hear you on the streaming:oops: the internet goes in and out. I am so glad I have all my workout dvd's.

Today I did premixes from LIC and BM2. Then I did a happy dance because when I finished I saw my shipping notification for ICE. So very happy. They deliver on Sundays in my area, so maybe? At least it should be here by Christmas. I will be checking that tracking number big time.

112toguru, CSS is Cardio Supersets, from the Low Impact series.

112toguru and Diane Sue, since I got Cathe Live two weeks ago (which I do from my laptop connected to a large monitor in my basement), I found the only way to stop my buffering problem (and I do the low quality), is I clear the cache on my web browser (using Firefox) and then restart my PC. Then I bring up the browser and only have Cathe Live running. A pain, but that solved my buffering issues. I tested it over and over again on the site using the test videos and never had one issue. Go figure. I love my DVDs and if I could purchase downloads of Cathe
Live, I would go that route. I find streaming somewhat of a pain.

Sounds like everyone is getting good workouts in before the holiday crush.

Today I did premixes from LIC and BM2. Then I did a happy dance because when I finished I saw my shipping notification for ICE. So very happy. They deliver on Sundays in my area, so maybe? At least it should be here by Christmas. I will be checking that tracking number big time.

112toguru, CSS is Cardio Supersets, from the Low Impact series.

112toguru and Diane Sue, since I got Cathe Live two weeks ago (which I do from my laptop connected to a large monitor in my basement), I found the only way to stop my buffering problem (and I do the low quality), is I clear the cache on my web browser (using Firefox) and then restart my PC. Then I bring up the browser and only have Cathe Live running. A pain, but that solved my buffering issues. I tested it over and over again on the site using the test videos and never had one issue. Go figure. I love my DVDs and if I could purchase downloads of Cathe
Live, I would go that route. I find streaming somewhat of a pain.

Sounds like everyone is getting good workouts in before the holiday crush.

Love how you mixing those workouts :) Sounds like a lot of fun. I find streaming a pain too :(

Today I did Fitness Blender 8 week fat loss day 18 + the extra credit workout. I added on the warm up and the 13 minute yoga stretch from the 4 week core program for today. I will use the abs/core work tomorrow with lower body and hiit workout. Hammer and Chisel is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Now, I will have to decide when I want to start.

Belinda, thanks for the description of the walk workouts. Amy's workouts are generally pretty intense. It may be because I have two left feet :) It takes me awhile to get some moves and when I don't feel I am working that hard I tend to give up on it. I still need to work on AMy's Step Challenge 5? I think that is her last one. Generally once I get those down I have fun with them.

Catgirl, I hadn't thought of clearing the Cache. I have to do that with my cell phone because it gets so slow lately about. Thanks! Nice workout mix.

Today was the last of my New Rules of Lifting Supercharged Basic 1. I'll have to wait until I get back from vacation to move to the next 4 week block..... unless I decide to do something different when I get back.:) So for the next couple weeks workouts will be sporadic and will be no equipment bodyweight type stuff. I have Mark Lauren't YAYOG book and app that I bought last Christmas but have not used yet! (See- another reason why I'm on this check-in!) So I'm going to try to get into that during vacation as possible.

Today I did premixes from AOLIH and Supercuts. Mixing and matching to create new low impact workouts. I love the premixes. That was another reason I did not pursue on demand, I almost always do premixes. I still am trying to figure out tomorrow. Maybe Afterburn. Need to stay good on diet and exercise until the 23rd. Then it will be hit or miss until Jan 2nd.

AWOL for a couple days there, I'm pretty sure I covered total body & leg work this week. I'm in full Ice preview mode.

Like:Cathe OnDemand, I think if they had another tier with premixes that would be awesome, huge task, but awesome. I wish I could do that with my other faves, or wish Udaya, Lindsay Brin, and Tracy Anderson had Roku channels like that, Tracy's would probably break the internet if she did that. I'm allowing for her bootcamp & cardio this year. Meta Glute & Omni Continuity on the calendar for 2016. Like the carousel arrangement, speed selecting, & clean look of the Cathe Roku channel so much it makes me want to clean up all my spaces. So cool. That may get my best of 2015 award.
Bayerngirl, found Jessica's youtube channel, may have to try some of those out. Suggestion for a moderately intense cardio workout between 45min to an hour?
Diane Sue, also checked out Fitness Blender. Nice selection there. Had a chance to look at the cookbook? I think I might need a check in for cookbooks too.
dmerz, keep forgetting about the YAYOG book. Have you done Thinner Leaner Stronger? That popped up one day and can't decide on it. Don't need, but want to read.
catgirl, might mix & match with the blender for stepping workouts, repeating the combos a couple times to relearn them, it's been a while. workout areas changed and there's +/- to each that never quite works for step, I think I might have it figured out if I clean up the space. I love the OnDemand blender, hope it works as good as it looks.

Must do YW365, Coiled today, put that off for a few days, and cardio.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.