Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Diane Sue - Costco is great :) We don't have a Sprouts for groceries. We have Martin's (same as Giant grocery store in DC) and of course…Walmart Super center. Your Walmart sounds like mine:( I buy my meat at Costco or at the Commissary on base. My husband retired from the Army 4 years ago. I also buy my German grocery at commissary, they don't have a huge selection but they have some. Costco is a membership store. If you don't spent the money worth of the membership, Costco will refund you the money :) Not a bad deal to try Costco!! And you can't never have to many things, lol! Costco sells cloth, furniture, you name it :) I love Costco! And no, I don't work for them:D

Good morning,

Today I did Jessica Smith 30 Day Walk D22 Fat Blaster = 30 min + Cindy Whitmarch Incredible ABS Volume 1 #2 ab = 20 min.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. I will be back tomorrow.

bayerngirl, bummer your dvd case was broken, great that they're taking care of it.

Previewing ICE Low Impact Sweat. Looks really good. I actually pushed my yoga to today and finished the 6th round, it's always nice at the end, and leads right into another round. Thanks bayerngirl. I started back in August and did a few other practices in September, then went back to YW365.

I call the Udaya practices Hatha yoga, I don't know if that's correct. Between Rudy's & Vytas' combining them would kind of be like Ashtanga & Iyengar influences combined, to me anyway. The next time through I'll combine YW365 & DYP. I've gotten more out of each set every time I go through them.

I did Chiseled Upper Body + Icy Core 1. I liked them both. Like the back drop, the set, everyone looks great, must have taken forever to get it to look so good; interesting, you can look up individual moves for a lot of the workout, so if someone mentions something or you want to blend, you can just look up the name, so cool, making custom workouts a snap. They, all of them, have done a lot of work here. It's freakin' awesome.

Tomorrow Metabolic Total Body :)

Today I did Fitness Blender 8 week fat loss day 23 fat burning cardio to boost endurance, 31 minutes, 225 calories. I then did the extra credit from the 4 week abs program, Quick 10 minute core-pain in my abs ( this was pretty easy to me and I added weight where he says you can and did the more advanced versions of the moves) 11 minutes, 53 calories. Since I am not seeing much lower body strength this week I did Kelly Coffey's Strength and Stamina Timesaver legs and swings, 25 minutes, 190 calories. Total time was 66 minutes and calories burned 468. I am thinking on switching up my workouts this week. Fitness Blender has a 80+ minute 1000 calorie workout scheduled for Christmas day. I generally try to not make myself feel ravenous before a family feast. I have learned that if I do I should eat a a huge salad or healthy snack so I don't eat multiple helpings :)
Here is a run down on weights with Kelly's Strength and Stamina. She suggests that you might want a bit of a warm up at the start.
Ketttlebell Halos 20#
Goblet squats with 40# 12r
45 seconds kettlebell swings 20#
12 lunge switches
1 arm swings right 20#
1 arm swings left 20#
suitcase deadlifts 20's 12r
Kettlebell figure 8 20#
side lunge dumbbell pass through(I know there is a name for this somewhere but it escapes me) 15#12r
kettlebell alternating swings 20#
straight jumps 12 r
kettlebell double swings 20#
forward back lunge right 6 reps then left 6 reps 15's
kettlebell swings1 arm right 30 sec, left 30 sec 20#
12 skaters
kettlebell figure 8 20#
pop squat 15#
kettlebell swings alternating 20#
stretch

112toguru, I was looking at the guide book to the Ice workouts this morning and reading the getting started. It does sound like they have them set up nicely for working with other workouts as well. I am anxious to get my Hammer and Chisel workouts. Thanks for the reviews :)

Belinda, Costco sounds similar to Sams but sams never seemed to have healthy food products. I used them when my children were at home and I bought in bulk. Also things like vacuums etc.. I finally quit renewing the membership. I just didn't go there enough. They are building a new Sprouts, and actually a whole shopping center right around the corner from my house. I can hardly wait. They have the roofs and walls up now. Lots to do though. There is another big two story building that is supposed to be a new grocers coming in, not too far away. It will sell organic and health conscious stuff as well as having things like your basic grocery store items.

Diane Sue - you're welcome. I think the idea floated that you could put all the muscle meltdowns, or blizzard blasts together is a good one too. You could put the blizzard blasts into another w/o to make a good circuit. The KCM workout looks good. I want so much not to like anybody else. j/k got to get serious about no/slow/wise ...

Hallo ladies,

I did STS D38 legs and Jessica Smith 30 Min Strength Walk.

Diane Sue, Costco also sells lots of organic food/meats and so on. I only have a Costco memberships. Your Sprouts store sounds like Wegmans we have in the VW. I can't wait what you think about Hammer & Chiseled :) I want to know, how different the set is from all the others?

112toGuru, thanks for your review. I only done one workout so far.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a wonderful day and workout, everyone.

Today I decided to do the fitness blender 1000 calorie hiit cardio, strength and core workout which is day 26 Friday. I will do the light workout tomorrow and maybe add something from Hammer and Chisel if it shows up like it is supposed to. Of course I did not burn 1000 calories and I have yet to ever do so. Workout was 84 minutes and calories burned 653 :) I was happy with that. The Hiit seemed long. When they had a water break in the middle saying we were half way through I was almost ready to throw in the towel. I checked the rest of the moves and kept at it. So it was w/u, Hiit, Core which was pretty fast paced, weights, and cool down stretch They had a lot of mess ups in this workout. Not a problem though. I had written down the weight work ahead and I had to change it up a bit because they did it differently than how it was written and how it was displayed in the corner of the screen. Once, Daniel's phone started ringing and he had to run off and shut it off. Kelli kept at it though.

Diane Sue - That would be great if H & C shows up, Happy Christmas to you. Good workout, and sticking with despite the mess ups. I just picked weights on the fly today.

I went into Ice Metabolic Total Body a little dehydrated I think, maybe from overnight, I was really thirsty, early. I haven't really done metabolic/weights that much lately and lean more towards cardio.

Cathe did not disappoint! I went a little lighter and then towards the end lightened it up more, I was definitely thinking "this is intermediate?" It is formatted in a way that could easily be intermediate to advanced, that's nice, and it would be easy to see towards the end how much you improve, by upping weights. I didn't add anything but an extra cool down because my heart rate was up there. I added a little extra warm up too, probably didn't need that, and I liked hers.

I wear a garmin HR monitor when doing higher intensity, the fit bit doesn't really capture as quick and under reads it. Definitely high intermediate to advanced for me. Compared to running, I was in tempo range for a good bit of it, beginning & ending in steady state to high easy zone. I liked it, felt like a good, strong, functional, strength workout, especially for legs, UB would even it out if I went heavier.

Nice work bayerngirl, waves.

Hammer and Chisel showed up late this afternoon. I thought I would preview a bit while working on my crochet project. Funny, I opened it and took out those containers and my husband said he saw that on my Amazon wish list. I had to explain that that is another workout on there, 21 Day Fix Extreme. I ordered from my Coach for Hammer and Chisel. Sometimes my husband looks at my wish list and I have had a couple of surprises when he ordered everything I had there :) I put things in my cart on Amazon for later. Family often buys me Amazon Gift Cards.

112toguru, thanks for the review on the Ice workout. I do like some of her other total body metabolic workouts. I noticed her weights were a bit lower than some of her others in the guide.

Belinda, I have heard a couple of people that like Karen Voight's Yoga. It must be pretty good.

WD- Are you going to start H&C first or ICE? Do you play your own music with the Fitness Blender workouts? I tried some of the free youtube wos but couldn't do it wo music.

Yesterday I did RwH LI one followed by x10 low impact section before a cooldown. Today I am SORE. Which surprises me since I have done that wo several time in the past few weeks and it has not made me this sore before. Maybe it it because we drove all day today or because I'm working out at lower altitude (I live at 6300 ft) so I went deeper on the moves to keep the heart rate up. Anyway- tomorrow I'm planning on some YAYOG in my in-law's basement and maybe some free form weights as my FIL has a random set of 15# dumbells.

dmerz, I didn't buy Ice yet. I am going to do Hammer and Chisel. I just previewed the first 3 days of the rotation. Chisel balance looked much more intense than I imagined. Then day two is plyometrics. I guess I will see how feel tomorrow after today's workout. I use Amazon Prime music with fitness blender. There are workout music albums there. Some are better than others. Also some for crossfit and yoga.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Merry Chrstmas,

Rock'm Shock'm Kickbox and Jessica Smith 15 min Calorie Burn + Stnading abs is done.

I will be back for personals later.

Today I did the first workout in the Hammer and Chisel 60 Day rotation. There is a Hammer Only 30 day rotation with Sagi, and a 30 Day Chisel Rotation with only Autumn. Today was Chisel Balance 41 minutes, 303 calories. This was all done in rounds of 15 reps the moves being done twice. I pretty much stuck close to Autumn's weight which was 12.5 lb. I liked it. Some of the moves were different and they all hit multiple muscle groups. I am so bad at balance on my right side. I followed this with Fitness Blender Friday's recovery workout which was a 9 minute low impact hiit cardio and a 27 minute stretch, pilates, and yoga. Total time was 77 minutes and calories burned 493. Here is what I did.
1 leg sit squat 15 reps right leg, 15 reps left leg repeat I used 12#

1 leg bridge pullover on the floor 15 reps 13# each hand repeat

1 leg squat deadlift 15 reps right leg, 15 reps left leg, 13 # each hand repeat

up down (this uses the weight bench and she goes up with right hand then left then back down to the floor and repeats on the other side) 15 reps

split squat jump no weight (this was hard and I started out with 1# weighted gloves on!!) Sort of Bulgarian split but you jump the foot that is on the floor with knee up and back down)

renegade row leg lift (done on weight bench) 15 reps right 13 # then 15 reps left 13# repeat (the music here reminded me of carnival music)

1 arm press bridge (done on weight bench with head and shoulders on bench) 15 reps right 15 reps left repeat I used 16#

balance row pistol squat 15reps right, 15 reps left, repeat I used 13 each hand first set and dropped to 11's the next (this was the second hardest move) I am terrible at pistols and my glutes were on fire

Tomorrow is Sagi's Hammer Plyometrics or The Masters Cardio. I previewed both. Masters Cardio has both Sagi and Autumn taking turns with moves and a lot of banter going on between them. I think that one is around 20 minutes. I believe the Hammer Plyometrics was 27 minutes. I have it written down but it is upstairs. The discs also include 21 Day Fit Extreme Dirty 30 and Body Beast Total Body.

I will probably do the Plyometric workout from Hammer and Chisel tomorrow. I have some cooking to do in the morning before we go to my daughters for family Christmas. We always divide up the cooking when the family all gets together. With 16 of us it makes up quite a big group.

I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas :D

Hammer Plyometrics. Interesting combo. I find going from pull up bar or band to burped and jumps awkward. I am also not a fan of jump pushups. Maybe next time it will be better because I didn't have time to write down all of the reps or even hardly look at the worksheet. The worksheets says 2 rounds, I know I did at least 3. I think when I messed up pausing and had to go back and find my place I started in the wrong round. Anyway the workout was 25 minutes but my Polar says 35. I guess I did do 3 rounds. I burned 225 calories.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.