Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Good morning,

Jessica Smith 30 min Fat Blaster is done :)

I will be back later with personals!

Have a wonderful day and workout, everyone.

Hi girls,

I also did Cathe's Basic Step + Stability ball abs. That's a total of 8 completed dvd's, I have 192 dvd's to go :p

112toGuru, glad you like Cathe on Demand :) Maybe Cathe will add the premixes later on? That would be awesome :) I knew Tracy is very popular. Some have a love/hate relationship. I have never done any of her workout. Maybe one day I will give her a try. My favorite Jessica Youtube workout is :
you can take the intensity up or down :)

Catgirl - I also love premixes. I can't do all those high impact anymore. Getting to old, lol. Have fun with AB today.

dmerz - congratulations on completing New Rules of Lifting Supercharged Basic 1 :) I like your plan for the next couple of weeks :)

Dianne Sue - you are welcome :) You are not the only one that has 2 left feet :D I love Amy's workouts, but I have to be honest…I have never done any of her step workouts:oops: I am sure they are a lot of fun, but boy it takes me a long time to get her steps down :( So what do you think of Hammer & Chisel ?

I think I caught up on personals , have a wonderful Saturday.

This thread is for everyone that wants to slow down your workout dvd purchases for 2016 and use what you already have. I have to admit my workout dvd purchases for 2015 was out of control :) I don't use half of what I bought. Heck, I still haven't used the ones I bought when College Video closed last year :p I am not saying I will never buy another workout dvd, I just need to pump the brakes a little and not jump on every band wagon :) My goal for 2016 is to use the dvd's I already own and purchase only those that do not meet components of this thread!

like = like what I see?
review = review the content
veryify = do I already have something similar?
don't buy = if I have something similar, stop purchasing on impulse:p

If you don't like the title to this thread, let me know what you want to name it :) Everyone is welcome to join, no judgement if you slip, it is just to encourage us to buy only what we need in our collection.

I am going to join this check-in. I don't have as many as many of you all do, but I certainly have quite a few that have never seen the DVD player. Still have many Cathe's to attempt and the whole Jillian Michaels Body Shred, Insanity and Insanity Max:30.

Today I did premixes from BM2 and AB. Mailman didn't bring ICE today. My shipping hasn't moved. It says expected delivery on Monday. Hopefully.

Tomorrow will be yoga, probably yoga relax. My main workout is major cleaning for the holidays tomorrow. I will also start my baking. And none of my baking is clean. For one week, it will be eat, drink, and be Merry. Then back to reality in Jan.

I am going to join this check-in. I don't have as many as many of you all do, but I certainly have quite a few that have never seen the DVD player. Still have many Cathe's to attempt and the whole Jillian Michaels Body Shred, Insanity and Insanity Max:30.

Hi and welcome :) You are in the right place :)

Welcome, and yes, I also have Body Shred, Insanity, and Max30 as well as several others on my 2016 list. Got them and then I had a knee injury that I am recovering from.

Today was Fitness Blender 8 week fat loss Lower Body, Hiit, Pilates, 52 minutes. I then did the 4 week ab workout for yesterday Advanced Core Burning workout and Extra Credit Core with cardio, 36 minutes. Total time was 88 minutes and calories burned 464.

I didn't get to personals yet. I have been trying to crochet some star war characters for one of my grandchildren for Christmas. This is taking much longer than I had anticipated. On the plus side I am not hunting around for snacks ;) I am too busy.
112toguru, I have several Tracey Anderson workouts. I rarely do them though. I think my granddaughter has the ones I had that were made for teens? They had a loop band with them. Maybe that was Meta. I have a rebounder one of hers I purchased when I was rehabilitating my knee post surgery. I kind of liked the rebounding one. On my want list are 21 Day Fit Extreme and Ice. I will probably ask for those for Mothers Day and birthday this year.
Catgirl, those holiday's are hard on the diet. I cooked Thanksgiving for my family this year. It is hard not to try things out to make sure it tastes as good as I hope :p For some reason I was under the impression that Cathe Live and on Demand was ROKU only. I never really checked into it though. Today I cleared the Cache on my cell phone and streamed my Fitness Blender from my phone with the cables I bought that were supposed to work with my tablet but don't. It worked really well . I got through the whole workout without having to stop and mess with the buffering.
dmertz, nice work on getting the basic part of New Rules of Lifting done before vacation.
Belinda, I had my eye on a Fitbit HR and had it in my Amazon shopping cart. I think it would be cool to track steps and even sleep. I still may get one eventually.Does it consume a lot of batteries? My Polar watches make me crazy. I got a Polar HR Bluetooth transmitter recently and use the Polar app and it works really well. I still put on the watch and then I end up using an app called calories burned where I enter my VO2Max and stats then the time worked and average HR. I use the net calorie count when I log it so it doesn't conflict with calories I eat on My Fitness Pal.

Thanks for the video bayerngirl, I don't do much of the jogging in place, unless it's just a part of a workout, it's not natural for me, I end up shuffling or side stepping, she has some other things I would probably do, dance cardio. good work on #8, keep going. If I start running again, I'll go outside. That's mainly what I do walking too.

catgirl - I like your eat drink & be merry plan. the only way I'll do Insanity & Max:30 is if I do BB On Demand, I might but it's not a priority. I've done Bodyshred and have a few more things to work through before I get back to that. It's really good though. Yoga Relax is really good too.

mrsctoo, welcome, those are three pretty intense programs, I do think about the purchases more now, and go through the little rundown, Like? Need? Verify? Don't buy? must have ... which saves time & $.

Nice work Diane Sue on the core work, that's a long one. I like learning Tracy's various dance cards on the rebounder, it's low key, is great for balance & core, and is sometimes challenging to adjust to confines of the mini-trampoline, but fun. I can do those things over & over & over.

Mini review of the NROL SB? Dmerz. Good work.

Mini review - Fitbit HR Charge - good for overall fitness minding, steps , floors, sleep, and water & food if you track that, the HR could be better, works better on some things than others and is inconsistent, not bad for a device that is primarily a step & stair tracker. Charge doesn't last that long if you use the HR all the time. Probably not a bad thing though because if you didn't take it off every 3 or 4 days, you could get seriously addicted to it. Best thing, it's an objective look at how much you move each day, week, month, and year, with all the stats in one place. oh yeah, timer does not track yoga, not my yoga anyway, unless it's unusually intense (not enough steps I guess & lower HR range).You can manually add activities. overall score - room for improvement but good value for what you get.

Good morning,

Today I did ICE Low Impact Sweat and Jessica Smith -D21- 30 Min Pyramid Power walk.

112toGuru, thanks on the review on the Fitbit HR Charge. I have a Fitbit Flex and really like it. You are welcome :) I also like dance workouts, they are so much fun. You can look through Jessica's Smith YT channel/playlist….she has tons of free dance/walking workouts.

Dianne Sue - do you have a Costco near by? If so, they have the Fitbit on sale right now. I can't remember but I think it was under $80. Plus you get an extra wrist band. It's worst checking out. I have to charge my battery once every 5-7 day's. You can sync your fitbit with Myfitnesspal too.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a wonderful day and workout,everyone.

Today was a rest day of sorts. I had two of my grandchildren over and we cleaned up leaves and my grandson helped me get a trellis pulled down and uproot the passion vines. That was some work :) I still have not received my Hammer and Chisel workouts. I checked yesterday on the tracking and they were still in Henrietta Texas, 2 hours away, and had been there since Tuesday. I don't get why. They said delivery by the 19th. Today it finally showed that they were in transit again ?? Now it says expected arrival Wednesday. I guess I won't worry about my husband making me wait till Christmas. I have made two of the recipes from the Fixate Cookbook. Both were pretty good. I made the Mexican Tortilla Soup but, I added only two gluten free tortillas in it and left the other 6 out since it had 4 in in it nd 4 to crumble on top. I also left out the feta cheese. I would rather eat the cheese than the grains. There are recipes for different dietary preferences. Some look interesting. I didn't look through it and get real excited over it. One of my favorite books I got recently is the Wild Diet with Able James. The recipes are good and it is set where you can make ahead and freeze or refrigerate and it is quick to assemble the meal. The book has a lot of good information in it as well. Whole 30 has great recipes. It took me awhile when I did the 30 day program to get used to weekly meal prep. I generally did stuff every few days. Sauces made ahead for the different meals etc.. I found I can freeze cauliflower rice for recipes. I have learned to cook extra chicken breasts when using them and dice and freeze for soups and salads later. Anyway, I have favorite recipes I use from there all of the time. I don't think I will have a problem with the diet for Hammer and Chisel other than figuring out portions. I am not on a mission to lose weight but, more to lose fat and keep the muscle.

mrsctoo, welcome to the group.

catgirl, I was doing Insanity along with STS when I was in some of the best shape ever. We went on vacation and I got a massage. The woman pulled on my toes and I don't know what happened but it hurt so bad and I could hardly walk. It took months before I could jump after that. It was my only massage ever other than a facial. My husband teases every once in awhile asking if I want to get a massage and it is always an emphatic no! Anyway went back and did a few later and then finally last year I got rid of them figuring with the arthritis and surgery I would probably never do an entire rotation. I still have the deluxe extra set though with Insane abs and the upper weights which I really like.

Belinda, that video looks pretty good. Thanks for sharing :) No Costco near yet. I think there are some plans though.

112roguru, I had a friend tell me she did other Tracy Anderson workouts on her rebounder too. I use mine quite often during breaks in workouts just to keep my HR up a bit since it always goes down so fast. Funny about the Fit Bit HR charge and yoga. Using my Bluetooth transmitter with My Fitness Pal I get such a huge calorie burn for Yoga, I know it cannot be correct because it is up there with light cardio. Polar tends to be lower but better with the app than my FT60 watch. I can generally figure out a good approximate calorie burn though. I lose my hear rate quite often with all of my devices doing yoga. I just figured maybe the twisting and angles or something.

Quickly checking in while on vacation with family.
To respond to a couple earlier questions:
No I have not done Thinner Leaner Stronger.
Mini NROL Stpercharged review: This is the 3rd or 4th in their series and the format is similar to previous books. This one is different in that you actually write your own program inside the template the give. I like that idea because I feel like there are some very specific goals I'd like to accomplish and videos don't maximize time and effort to specific goal (unassisted chin up for one). I did as they suggested and started with Basic 1 which is muscle endurance based with reps in 15 range. Since I had been working in the 6-8 rep range prior to starting this was tough for me and a good change of pace. I like the mobility/warm up they laid out as well as the mini-power circuit and intervals they prescribe with each workout. I felt like I did a complete workout each time.

Also in full confession I purchased my first program for the new year ( and its not even the new year)! A paper program for heavy lifting and complex work #getjackedproject went on sale for 9.95 last week (regularly $57). It was something I'd had my eye on and was getting good rewiews and I've enjoyed his programs in the past. So I went ahead. Looking it over it looks right up my alley. Big lifts ( bench, squat, deadlift, overhead pushpress) on a set progression and some killer looking complexes and metabolic work. (Burpee box jumps! Yikes- I'll have to work towards that)

I almost can't wait to get home and try the new ice workouts on demand. Internet is way to slow where i am to even attempt!

Good morning,

Today I did D28 Chest & Back and Jessica Smith Toning walk + Healthy back.

Diane Sue - that's too bad about Costco :) I pretty much live in Costco…no kidding :) I go to Costco once a week :oops: Love Costco!!

dmerz - I have to admit it's a good price :) And you got it a very good price too :) Enjoy your vacation :)

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Have a wonderful day and workout.

Good afternoon everyone. I'm on my rest week, if you can call it that. I had 12 hours cooking, baking, and cleaning yesterday. And another 6 hours today. My ICE dvds are out for delivery today, so hurray! I haven't had time to try the downloads yet. A friends mother passed away this weekend so I'm off to the visitation in just a bit.

Belinda, you only go once a week to Costco? I swear I seem to go 2-3 times a week. I buy a lot of my fresh produce there and it never seems to run out at the same time. A lot of the people know me by name. It's that sad.

Diane Sue, that Mexican soup sounds yummy. In trying to moderate this week a bit, I made a very healthy lentil stew in the crockpot yesterday while I worked away. I've really just started doing weekly meal preps in about the last four months. It takes me a full day, but then it sure makes the rest of the week easy (just hubby and me). And that way, I make sure he eats healthy too.

Dmerz, didn't I see you make a post about deciding to purchase Hammer & Chisel today? Talk to Diane Sue about it.

Didn't get to try anything yet, decided to look over the user guide today and start tomorrow, finishing 6th round of YW365 later today.

catgirl, do tell about your weekly meal preps. Hope you get your discs today. Always exciting. Sorry to hear about your friends mother, so sad around the holidays, too.

Waves back. I ran out of enthusiasm this morning. Rest day.

Catgirl, Costco drive is 45 min one way :( Trust me I would shop in Costco every day if I lived closer :) Everyone in Costco knows us by name too:D I try to limit my visit to Costco once a week or I would get broke :oops: I always seem to find something:rolleyes: Wow, you did a lot :) Enjoy your rest week, you deserve it! I am so sorry about your friends mother. So sad.

112toGuru - congratulations on finishing 6th round of YW365 :) What an accomplishment!

[QUOTE="catgirl, post: 2332969,

Dmerz, didn't I see you make a post about deciding to purchase Hammer & Chisel today? Talk to Diane Sue about it.[/QUOTE]

I really haven't decided yet anout H&C. I'm trying to get a better feel for it and right now I'm actually leaning further toward not. Especially since my recent purcase will keep me busy through at least March.

My dvd's just arrived but the case is broken :) I heard a rattle before I open it :( I already contacted Nancy from customer service.

Today was Fitness Blender 8 week fat loss day 22. I messed up when streaming from my phone and did the 4 week abs program Fat Burning Tank Top Arms, 33 minutes, 189 calories. I then followed this and did the Extra Credit 4 week abs from the day before which was a 22 kickbox workout, 167 calories. I went back and did a search trying to find the workout I was supposed to be doing. It was on the same page as the tank top arms but was Total Body Strength with Hiit, 44 minutes. I skipped the warm up and Hiit and did the strength and the abs and obliques with the stretch. This was 25 minutes and 136 calories. I wasn't feeling the Hiit anyway. I have a cold and was extra tired this morning. Anyway my workout was 80 minutes and calories burned was 493.
I was trying to move the 8 week fat loss program to starting on Monday instead of Tuesday. This is my 4th week. I want to start Hammer and Chisel next week or right away :) . I am not sure how that will work mixed with the 8 week fat loss program. Maybe I will just play with it a bit at first going through all of the workouts.

Belinda, I always hear good things about Costco. It would be nice. I go to Sprouts for groceries every two weeks because it is not close., I wish it was. Otherwise my shopping ends up at Walmart Supercenter and their produce is either not fresh or picked too soon. I am not a fan of their meats either. That is why I go to Sprouts then pick up things in other stores close. It would be nice to have a good one stop place to shop. Is Costco a membership store? Then again I will probably find too many extra things that I want to purchase :)

dmertz, I have been reading the hammer and chisel thread. I am curious myself. I guess I will find out soon. Have you looked over the worksheets. I think there is a lot more strength work that I originally thought when looking at the workouts.

Catgirl, I love lentils. Soups and stews are one of my favorite things. I make a full batch and freeze some in individual serving bowls for later. I do that a lot so I accumulate some meals for when things come up that I do not anticipate. Crockpot meals are so convenient. Sometimes I pre-prep and set the crockpot in the refrigerator overnight so I an just plug it in in the morning. My husband is not so interested in nutrition. He does not care for vegetables at all unless we are referring to potatoes. I make the meals for me and cook him something else. Or like yesterday I cooked the grassfed ground beef up for him and grandchildren tacos and I put mine over spinach salad and used homemade dressing and salsa. So it works that way at times. 45 minutes is a long trip to go to Costco!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.