Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Good morning,

I walked 2.6 miles today and did SBF Intermediate Mat = 20 min.

Diane - thank you! I will get through this. If it pours it rains, right? I will stay positive. Your pies sounds so yummy. I am not much of a backer. I am very good at cooking. My mom was a chef in Germany. I am the only one that always cooked with my mom. I learned so much from her. We suppose to get a new refrigerator/freezer tomorrow. I haven't thought about TG yet. I am not up to all that cooking this year.

Doreen - have fun with your workout today.

Today is my DH's birthday. I will be back tomorrow.

I have a delimina..... I want to subscribe to Beachbody OnDemand to try out a couple of their new programs (Muscle burns fat and 30 day breakaway) but

1) I already have tons of workouts and
2) do I do 3 months or 6 months!?

And why do I need to pay for new workouts anyway? I have a entire line up of youtube instructors I have found new this year that post great workouts for free!!! Tell me I'm crazy!!!

I keep telling myself I don't need anymore paid subscriptions - I need to use what I have on my shelf!

Anyway - LITE MEtabolic today for me. I really like this but have to use heavier weight than Cathe does for all the moves. I couldn't find my paper with notes this morning so I was guessing!

Reactions: WD
Doreen - although I have a lot of fun with CL right now I feel the same as you on workouts. Let's be real, they are all the same workouts. It's either HiiT, circuit, step or weights. Just the order of the exercises are different. Can you sign up for a free on Beachbody? Maybe try that instead? You are right, there a ton of new instructors on YT and those workouts are free.

Today I did Cathe Live #126 Step Grooves, 36 minutes, 160 calories, heart rate 110/145, 3,337 steps. I did the first 22 minutes of this and had to stop and go do zoom class with grandson. When I went back up it did not want to bring my heart rate back up even though I did jacks and jogs and hopping before I started it all back up. In fact I was doing the last part of the cardio and it only registered 88 and di not go back up till I did the cooldown and that was in the 90's. So, afterward I did Cathe Live Crossfire Quick Fix + core #114, 33minutes, heart rate 114/148(felt this should have been a lot higher), 139 calories, 2,521 steps. I finished off with Perfect 30 Mobility Basics stretch 21 minutes, heart rate 86/101, 47 steps. Total time was 90 minutes, 322 calories, 5,905 steps. My neck and upper back is bothering me today. I think yesterday's workouts was a bit much. What is up with this silly Fitbit anyway :rolleyes: ? Another day with issues The laptop my granddaughter is using had some sort of error and had to do a repair. When we got it back up the Google Chrome was not working. Had to take Chrome off and reinstall it. That is what both of their schools use so it was needed. Waiting for ink to come to print up more work.
Cross Fire Quick Fix had impact and burpees in it. The cardio portion with warm up was 24 minutes then she does the core which is crab kick 32 reps, bicycle, soldier plank 24 reps, kick out, high pulse crunch, full sit ups, side plank elbow to wrist, reverse crunch 32 reps, superman with swim and wide legs and arms.

Doreen, I get bored pretty quickly and many of the workouts are pretty much the same. A lot of cardio and weight intervals and metabolic work. Plus with weight work, how many new exercises can they come up with? I just like to have something fun with fun music so I do not get tired of it. As far as Beachbody, I lose interest by the time I have went through a workout series once. Wonder why I kept purchasing them. There are no premixes or extra stuff. No music in a lot of them either. I am just not interested. As far as Cathe, it gives me some variety and I am sure after 6 months I will be done for awhile.

Belinda, right now I am irritated with youtube and google. Particularly since my settings were set for authorization, I keep my stuff on restricted and somehow I have been charged and things put up that I point out I am not interested in over and over. They make me mad. But, they sort of have you over a barrel when you are looking up how to things and youtube is the source.

I guess the only ones that feel different are the RAW - ripped and ride series and the Olympic lifting workouts and Kettlebell she does - you don't see many that incorporate olympic lifting. But with RAW most seem slightly too easy or too short for my liking. But I am really liking currently doing a 30 minute weight workout and then follow up with either some step work or time on the bike. I feel currently I just don't get enough steps in my day so doing that feels better.

Diane - I may take your consideration of no music on BB - that would be a problem for me.

Belinda- I think if I sign up for 6 months I get 30 days free and if I sign up for 3 months I get 7 days free. I've just heard cancelling can be a pain with BB.

But my birthday is coming so I may just dive in and give it a go! I will always come back to RAW and CL - just need breaks from them every once in a while!!

Well I did some digging (and let me tell you - digging it was - BB doesn't make anything easier to find) on the BB website. 30Day Breakaway doesn't become available until April 2021 for general on-demand. To do it now would be $50 for VIP access. Muscle Burns fat is also on VIP early access until December 2020. So looks like I might need to put this off until January.

Belinda- if I remember you did 80 Day Obsession - did you like it? Do you recommend?

The other ones in there now are Lift 4 - which I have heard good things - but does it have music with it?
And 100 day - which I think does have music with it?

Hi everyone,

Today I did CL 316 Metabolic Upper body.

Doreen - personally I really like 80DO. A lot of people don't like Autumn. I would highly recommend it. I also like 21 Day Fix. Lift 4 is my favorite, no music. You can play your own. I have done 2 rounds of L4. If you don't have Body beast give that one a try too. Have fun! Oh, about canceling. Before you sign up and give your info, there is a phone # when you need to cancel. It was pain to cancel a few years ago, I didn't had any problem by phone afterwards.

Diane - wow, on google and YouTube. I had no idea authorization. Must be frustrating getting charged for things you didn't buy or order. Can you dispute it with your credit card? I hope you can figure it out. I hear you on being frustrated.

BBL!

Today I did not have much time. I did Raw Step 4 wearing my 4# vest and using 1# dumbbells. I was pretty irritated with my Fitbit through this. Here I was doing jacks and step boxing moves and it seemed everytime I looked at my Fitbit it said I was somewhere around 98 heart rate. Total time was 31 minutes, 144 calories, heart rate 115/ 146. I know I was working harder than that. I had to shower and dress because the landscapers came back. I did Perfect 30 yoga strength and flexibilty later which was 32 minutes, 88/110, 129 steps. I did this later. Total time was 63 minutes, 176 calories, 3,126 steps.

Belinda, I tried to get the money refunded and they said they would not refund the money. I was pretty angry. It sure should not happen again since I took a pay source off of Google Play Store. At first it tried to make me put another pay source up and I didn't. Finally a day later they send messages saying I no longer have a pay source and if I want to make purchases I will have to reinstate one. I am fine. I rarely purchase from the play store and I have never purchased from youtube. I used Paypal. I went to paypal to make sure that no recurring payments could be made.

Doreen, I kind of like 30 minute workouts. If I want longer I just hook two together. Like I did with the two Body Fit raw workouts. A lot is how much we put into the workouts. I often prefer to get in both some weight work or abs along with some cardio and adding stretching, so shorter ones work for me. I wish I had more time. I always have fun when I get birthday money and can spend it on fitness stuff.

Last edited:
I signed up for BOD 14 day trial. I did half of Day One of 80DO and then did half of Morning Meltdown 100 - Upper body just to get a feel for the programs. 80DO Autumn took a long time to explain moves which I hope would decrease as the program moves on. I know both programs are set to be progressively harder as they go along.

I did like the music with MM100. I played my own with 80DO which is cumbersome because I can't get both audios through the same source. I may sample Lift4 and then see if I want to pick one to work through or just sprinkle them in as an option here an there. There are actually lots of programs in there that I have not done.

Today I started with Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 1 mile of motivation, 17 minutes, 92 calories, 1,921 steps, heart rate 132/170?. We then did zoom and some school work and then I did Cathe Live Cardio Quick Fix #147, 33 minutes, 149 calories, heart rate 117/162, 2,525 steps. I liked this one, it does have impact and uses weights for some of it. I think Debbie or someone here did it recently. I then did Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 Total Body, 34 minutes, 79 calories, heart rate 99/130, 443 steps and finished off with Perfect 30 Extended stretch, 9 minutes, 8 calories. Total time was 84 minutes, 320 calories, 4,893 steps.

Doreen, I am sure that you will have fun with the new workout choices.

Hi everyone,

Today I did SBF Feel good Arms and cardio. That's it! Had a lot of appointments and errands to run today.

My new refrigerator/freezer came yesterday. Although it come out of the box, I still cleaned /disinfected the thing, lol. I also went grocery shopping.

Diane - that's messed up about the money. I would have frustrated me too. Thank goodness, I never signed up for Google play. Sorry you had to go through this.

Doreen - let me know how you like BOD.

I will catch up on more personals. I am pretty tired.

Good morning,

I did CL #317 Metabolic LB. Had a great workout. I also did SBF D40 Lower Body Bare & Balance and Stretch + Barre Amped Core = 7 min.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in today. I will be back later.

I did Lift4 week 1 legs this morning and then instead of his hiit I switched and did the week 1 workout of Shaun T Transform :20. Oh my goodness - it took me a minute that Shaun T had voiced over the music track with his "catch phrases". That was something odd to hear for sure. The workout reminded me of something from instanity Max 30 - just using a step!!

I did like Lift4 - some great leg workout. Joel is a nice trainer - not too goofy, not too cheesy. I could see using these regularly and will check out the upper body workouts too.

Today I did Perfect 30 Hiit Low Impact, 31 minutes, 150 calories, heart rate 122/146, 2,933 steps. This was before zoom class and some school work. Then I did Walk Strong 3 Cardio HIT, 32 minutes, 149 calories, heart rate 121/186, 2,401 steps. I followed this with Walk Strong 3 abs add on, 16 minutes, 27 calories, heart rate 90/128, 118 steps. I finished with Walk Strong 3 Total Body Stretch, 18 minutes,16 calories, 35 steps, heart rate 77/94. Total time was 97 minutes, 342 calories, 5,487 steps. It was weird because when I was doing the WS3 cardio as it increased in intensity, my Fit Bit was showing me at 83-88. I just quit looking at it because it was really making me feel irritable. It came out okay though. I have 10,444 steps so far today. I am getting ready to peel potatoes to cook tomorrow for make ahead mashed potatoes and potato salad. I also did an order for Whole Foods, hoping to leave shopping again till sometime next week.

Belinda, nice work on the Live Metabolic Lower Body workout and SBF.

Doreen, does Shaun T use a step in those workouts? Great workout today.

Good morning,

CL # 315 Cardio Boxing Boot Camp is done. I also did SBF Table Top Balance + BarreAmped Stretch.

Have a great weekend.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Build and BurnCardio Core, 28 minutes, 132 calories, heart rate 122/171, 1,870 steps. I then did Raw Step and Legs, 47 minutes, heart rate 11/154, 197 calories, 3,760 steps. Total time was 75 minutes, 329 calories, 5,630 steps.

Good evening,

I went for a 2.5 mile walk today. It was cold and windy.

I had a rough few day's. Sorry for no personals. I will try to catch up tomorrow.

Good night.

Hi everyone,

CL # 303 Boot Camp: Heavy Weights is done. Had to modify some of the impact on my rebounder. I also went lighter on the LB.

BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.