Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Rest day yesterday. Shopping and Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 Boogie I.T. and Pilates+ Yoga.

Rough busy day today and not much sleep. Our neighbor let me know he was getting his fence redone yesterday afternoon and they were ready to tear down the panels between our yards. We decided to go ahead and get ours done too. Anyway, many trips outside on leash with Gertie(my dog) and she would not do anything. I stayed up late and still nothing, so put her to bed in the sun room figuring if there was a mess, it was just one place. This left me getting to bed late and needing to get up extra early, little sleep. I even took a Vital Proteins collagen sleep shot before bed and it did not help. It took three trips this morning after eating to get her to do anything!! Then school time and that has not went well. Many trips outside. I did run upstairs and do Coffey Fit Raw Step 4, 30 minutes, heart rate 119/145, 151 calories, 3,084 steps. I loved the workout and music. It does have some boxing in it, but intermittent with other moves. Kelly uses an 8 inch step and I used 6 inch today. She uses egg weights and I waited till about 15 minutes in before I picked up 1 # dumbbells. My left knee hurts and neck and shoulders are tremendously sore along with low back. I feel like I have been beat up and contemplated doing nothing, but the movement helped for awhile. I still ended up taking Excedrin later. I am hoping I am up for doing the workout with the lower body later this week. If I didn't take it down some on intensity I am sure my calories would have been better.

Today i did RWH Back, Bic & Shoulders. Had a great workout.

Diane - sorry about the rough day, no sleep and taking your dogs out. Did they get done with your fence? I hope so. We have a fenced yard I still have to take my 16 year old dog a few times outside. Too many steps from our deck to the yard for ChuChu. He would never make it downstairs. We build a ramp for Brawler when he couldn't walk anymore. ChuChu is using the ramp to walk to the front yard. I know it's a pain in the neck. I hope you neck, Shoulder, knee and back are feeling better soon. Sorry your are going through so much right now. Nothing wrong taking down the intensity. I do daily, lol. Great job today.

Belinda, the problem is Gertie gives us the I want out look or will sit at the door and we let her out. This does not work with on leash, and she has to stop and check every car that drives by, children playing and people outside. She worries over the no fence. She whimpers and whines and wants to walk around where the fence was. Poor ChuChu. Gertie does not understand. The fence posts were set today. Hopefully the fence goes up tomorrow.
I went back over papers I had printed from Chris Kressor on Auto Immune protocol and he explains why in his book the Paleo Cure why mono unsaturated fats like avocados and walnuts things with Omega 6 needs to be kept lower because for some reason people with auto immune diseases the ratio with Omega 3's has to be balanced correctly or it can actually increase inflammation. Hence, I think that is why the arthritis.org website suggests when I use Borage Oil it works better with fish oil. I have not been taking an Omega 3 fish oil, so maybe the borage oil that was working at first does not seem to be working. It is EPA and DHA which is needed the most. Anyway, I am reviewing and need to go back to shopping differently. I have been using avocado oil more than olive oil which is not ideal either.

Hi,

Today I walked and did RWI LI HiiT #2.

Diane - your Gertie sounds like my Brawler. He used to give me that look too. Hope your fence is up today. I really appreciate you sharing all your knowledge on autoimmune with me. How much do you think I can eat on walnuts? I do miss eating them. Do you use EVO instead of avocado oil? I mostly use EVO. I did cut out a lot of foods. I eat very clean. Great job on your workout. I sent you a p.m.

Have a great day and workout.

Last edited:
Today I did Raw Cardio Crush 2, 32 minutes, 178 calories, heart rate 129/169 heart rate, 3,090 steps. I also did Lindsey Samper yoga therapy for neck and shoulders 15 minutes, 14 calories, 16 steps, 72/91 heart rate. Total time was 46 minutes, 192 calories, 3090 steps.

Belinda, I stick with just around a tablespoon of walnuts a day now. I believe macadamia nuts are one of the lowest in omega 6. I did notice that Chris Kressor suggests brazil nuts. Also for EPH DHA and omega 3's he recommends consuming at least a pound a week of cold water fatty fish. I can do that easily with tuna and salmon. Just have to be careful about the cleanness of the fish. Also it is suggested that extra vitamin D, which I bet you get a lot going for walks daily, is good for the immune system and helps with T regulatory cell function. Best food sources are again fatty fish and pastured eggs. Glutathione levels need to be improved through diet and exercises and some supplementation. Fresh Fruits and vegetables. It was suggested that his patients keep their D levels elevated because auto immune diseases often have a genetic mutation that affects the activation of vitamin D. Patients with Auto immune disease seem to have low levels of glutathione which is hard to get up. Increasing it is helpful. One article I read said that supplements do not work well, but the newer more expensive one is promising and that is S-Acetyl glutathione. Now in an blog post where Chris Kressor was talking about RA he said he recommends his patients use whey protein. I personally just tried L glutamine, mostly for gut repair after some of my tests and colonoscopy. It did not seem to help. I think because it is a mixture of 3 amino acids that are not broken down and absorbed intact in the cells where they are needed. So, that is why they are trying to come up with other formulas. I would rather do it as best I can with food myself. I will be glad when I can concentrate more on my nutrition again. I have not eaten eggs hardly at all since that visit with the cardiovascular doctor and pulmonlolgist. I usually by pastured eggs though for my husband and for cooking. I don't bake much anymore either.
I know your needs are probably different than mine, but with a lot of this auto immune diseases cause a lot of various other problems along with them. Anyway, as much pain as I have been having over the last about a year and a half, I need to get back on track. I am making lists.

Good morning,

Lift it Hit it Chest Triceps Shoulders is done. I will go for a walk.

Diane - that's a good idea using just a tablespoon of walnuts.I heard of brazil nuts, eating too much can poison you. They hard to find around here anyway. I haven't eating any nuts lately. I cut out all dairy products. I eat only plant based yogurts, milk, cheese. I eat turkey, chicken breast and lots of fish these day's and vegan food. I can't get whey protein down not matter which ones I tried. I use an organic protein powder, it doesn't upset my stomach. This is the one I use https://aax-us-east.amazon-adsystem...033241790401&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_0
I hope you can figure out your nutrition soon. It must be frustrating. I am still playing around with my nutrition. Sorry to hear you are going through so much the last year and a half. Hang in there! BBL!

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Step and Legs, 50 minutes (45 actual), 205 calories, heart rate 106/145(odd as my Fitbit popped up an alert at over 150 while I was working), 4,082 steps. I also did Walk Strong 3 abs, 17 minutes, 30 calories, 86/116, 315 steps (this was off because I started the total body and once through warm up it was side squat overhead press and I moved on to the abs, forgot to start the Fitbit back up or the abs for a bit, hence 17 minutes) Total time spent was 67 minutes, 235 calories, 4,397 steps. I did write down the format, but it is upstairs. I will come back and post it.

Here is the Raw Format
Coffey Fit Raw Step and Legs October 2020 45 minutes
egg weights and 15# dumbbells are used and step optional(all used a step with 2 risers)weights are done each move then a combination of the moves
warm up
cardio step boxing with egg weights
Lower Body squats/ lunges/ squat/lunge/squat
Cardio with egg weights step boxing
weights deadlift/side lunge/ both moves combined
Cardio Egg weights step boxing
lower body deadlift/ squats/reverse lunge pulses/ wide stance deadlift
egg weight boxing using step
stretch

Belinda, I wish I could like vegan protein powder, but I keep trying and do not care for it. I have some Amazing Grass protein powder in my cupboard, and it has a lot of pea protein. I really do not like it and only use it when I run out of protein powder for a day or so till the other arrives. When I do use it I make a smoothie with banana to drown out the taste. I really do not care much for bananas, but it makes the texture better. I am picky about whey protein. A lot of them taste like old powdered milk smells and texture is not nice, or the flavoring ruins it. I like the Isopure keto one that has stevia only, and sugar alcohols. But, I am trying Blue Bonnet grass fed vanilla. I always buy vanilla, figuring I can use some cacao or something if I really want chocolate. As for cheese, I only use a tiny bit of fat free feta once in awhile. I had not heard that about brazil nuts. They are supposed to have a selenium in them so are a good source for that. Maybe some people get too much? I bought a Taylor farms vegetable curry and was going to add chicken. I looked at the curry sauce ingredients and it had carrageenan in it and added sugar so I did not use the sauce. I made my own. It tasted really good. Carrageenan causes inflammation and digestive issues.

Hi everyone,

Today I did RWH Legs. I did all the high impact cardio on my rebounder. ur heater broke. He will come tomorrow to fix the heater. I don't like having people in the house with COVID. My immune systems is compromised with all the steroids I was on.

Diane - have you ever tried the protein powder I use? It's pretty good. Even my DH likes it. I couldn't get down all the other protein powders. I am not a big fan of Amazing Grass or stavia.This stuff is gross. I cut out all dairy from my diet. When I did buy it I never used fat free anything. Since it's fat free they replace something else in its place, not so healthy. I rather eat less without names I can't pronounce. I buy vegan Fata cheese it taste better than the real stuff, IMO! They mention it the other day on Chopped about brazil nuts. You suppose to only eat one or it can poison you. One nut has your daily selenium. They all chefs they should know. You really have to be food label detective when shopping for foods. Great job yesterday.

Have a great day.

I am tired again, my sleep has went down more and more each night. Today I did Cathe Live 83 Crush It Low Impact, 35 minutes, 144 calories, heart rate 11/159, 2911 steps. I went bak awhile later and Did Walk Strong 3 Deep Stretch, 32 minutes, 32 calories, 70 steps. Total time was 67 minutes 176 calories, 2,981 steps. This was really a lot like Ice Low impact Sweat cardio. I did not use the mat. I hate trying to do cardio around a mat. I end up getting my foot caught in the silly thing. I also did not do overhead moves with the dumbbell even though they are light. My heart rate dropped out a lot on my Fitbit today.

Belinda, they tend to add cellulose to cheeses. It is a filler and keeps it from sticking together. That is why when I cook things like enchiladas I purchase blocks of cheese that have not been tampered with. I just use the feta for a bit of flavor and in very small bits. It probably would not hurt me to use the regular since I don't use much. I might look at the Vegan Feta. I have never tried the Orgain protein powder. I have seen it in Walmart. I wonder if I could find packets to try or something. For one thing, most vegan protein powders are kind of gritty. They don't blend smooth. I like when places make individual serving sizes that I can try. I spent a long time last night going over collagen powders, and looking for another with boswellia and glucosamine chondroitin. I ended up ordering bullet proof joint again. It only has enough in a container for 2 weeks though and has too much sweetener. My other option is go back to Ancient nutrition plain and buy the other supplements on the side. I reordered Qunol today and chose the 200 mg with epa and dha whic is only 250 mg of each. I figure that will give me a bit of extra to go along with my food. I have been using 100 mg Qunol. I make sure it is the ubiquinol formula and I take vitamin C, and E with it.

Good morning,

Today is a rest day on the September rotation. Glad it was, I wasn't in the mood to do RWH Plyo 1 today. Legs are feeling yesterday's workout. I walked outside for 45 min.

Today the blower (?) on the refrigerator went out. If it's rains it pours :( Today the heater guy is coming.

Diane - good to know about the shredded cheese. I will buy block cheese from now on. Although I haven't eating any cheese in weeks. You should try the Orgain protein powder. In health food stores they sell individual packets. The Orgain powder isn't gritty at all. It taste delish. Like I mention, every other whey protein power got a upset stomach from it. I need to look if Costco is selling bullet proof joint and Qunol. I have to do a run today anyway.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great day and workout everyone.

Belinda, I will check for packets of the orgain protein. I looked at whole foods when ordering groceries, but they didn't have packets. I will check Sprouts. Sprouts and Amazon carry the bullet proof joint. I think for me protein powders upset my stomach because of some of the sweeteners and some have other additives. Q not comes in different formulas. I make sure it is ubiquinol in it and they have one with some c and another with e added, 100 or 200 mg. I got the 200 ubiquinol with omega 3 called Qnol plus and has the gold label.

Hi everyone,

No workout to report so far. Been cleaning, disinfection everything in my gym (basement). DH and I also had to throw out all our food from the refrigerator/freezer this morning. Everything was room temperature/defrosted. Next week they have to sent someone out, see if they can fix it. I doubt they can fix it. It's kaput!!! DH thinks it's the compressor. Yesterday LG did a diagnostic test. Still nothing. We couldn't open/close the refrigerator for 7 hours. I feel bad for throwing out all my food. After that we had to go grocery shopping, lol. We have a small refrigerator/bar in my bedroom in my sitting room. The previous owner had a small bar custom build. The refrigerator was always unplugged. What a day! We have to wait for the parts to come in on the heater. DH thinks it will not be until the end of the week. I am down with things breaking.

Diane - you probably can oder a single packet on Amazon. That's the only protein power I use and love especially the peanut butter. Their vanilla is very good too. I usually use vanilla for smoothies. I think I saw the ubiquinol plus at costoc. Need to check out Amazon for the other stuff you recommended. Enjoy your rest day.

Diane - in I will take an hour break than do RWH Plyo 1(?). I am still not in the mood to do that workout today :( BBL!

Today I did Cathe Live Step, sweat, and lift, # 237 53 minutes(48 actual) 194 calories, heart rate 107/144, 2,958 steps. I also did Raw Just Step 4 again since I love it so much, 30 minutes, heart rat 125/149, 3,091 steps, 159 calories. Total time was 83 minutes, 353 calories, 6,049 steps.
I think I may be using the step portion of this live workout without the rest for a shorter fun step cardio workout since it comes first and is 24 minutes with the warm up.

Step, Sweat, and Lift #237 2/21/19
Warm Up
Step Cardio I Max style, but not a super fast tempo. 4 combos done 6 times with blasts
Weights
squats 15# dumbbells, overhead press 12# dumbbells(I used 10's) , squat/curl/press 10's
side to side squats 15# dumbbells, snatches 8 # dumbbell 12 reps
10# dumbbell plie squat/pick up/snatch/ put down/ jack/ pick up (I did upright row instead of snatch)
push press 10# dumbbells
triceps overhead extension 12# dumbbells 8 reps , 8# dbs squat/press/triceps extension
15# dumbbells deadlifts , hip hugger 15# dumbbells, Combine hip hugger and deadlifts
bear crawl to plank then add push ups slow and singles
Supermans

Hi,

I did ended up doing Plyo 1 yesterday. Today I did RWH Hiit Circuit LB. I also walked 2.5 miles and did SBF Stretch 7 (LB) = 25 min. I am starting week 4 w/ Cathe September rotation.

Have a great Sunday, everyone. Time to relax.

Reactions: WD
Today was a rest day and I did Lindsey Samper neck and shoulder therapy for about 28 minutes. I also used my therapy balls. I had a lot of neck pain last night as I had spent hours doing paperwork on the computer and then I got in bed and could not find my neck roll in the dark so slept without it.
I am not sure what I am going to do tomorrow. I keep meaning to preview the barre workout on Walk Strong 3. I know I did it once, but just cannot remember it.

Good morning,

I did XTrain Chest/Back & Shoulders. I will do a quick stretch. It's raining outside, no walking.

Diane - Sorry your allergies are bordering you. Hope you enjoyed your rest day yesterday. Enjoy the barre workout today.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. BBL!

Today I did Cathe Live #284 Arms and Abs on the Ball. This is all of the upper body. I wonder why she called it Arms and Abs. I skipped shoulders and modified some moves. Total time was 59 minutes, (55 actual for full workout). I burned 114 calories, heart rate was 88/147 and 903 steps. That is all I had time to do. Calories really stink when I do weights. During some of the push ups I just did the plank off the ball and scapular squeezes.
Arms and Abs on the ball live # 284
warm up with curls, shrug, lateral raise, upright row, hip hinge flys, curl press 5# dumbbells
Biceps
seated curls 2/2 count 12# dbs 16 reps
incline curls 10# dbs 16 reps
sweeper curls 12# dbs 8 reps
seated up 2 donw 6 curls 12# dbs
mix of all moves 10# dbs
Up 2 down hold middle own up 10# dbs

Shoulders skipped

Chest
chest flys 12# dbs 10 reps
flat bench press 12# dbs 16 reps
fly/press 12# dbs
push ups on ball down 2 and singles
isolated single arm fly 10# db (12# Cathe)
fly (Cathe 15's) me 12# dbs
fly/bench press 12# dbs (Cathe 15#) 8 reps
push ups on ball

Triceps
lying extension 8# dbs (adds 1 1/2's) second round I dropped to 10's
close Grip bench press 12# single armand both
Repeat except no close grip instead she did seesaw push ups

Back
1 arm row 25# db (Cathe two 12's) 12 reps
pullover 10# dbs (Cathe 12's)
repeat
1 arm rear delt raise prone on ball 8 # 8 reps 2 X

Core Ball
superman arms bent
superman arms extended
prone ball tap down foot all right then all left 10 reps each
supine holding ball with feet hip lift
seated side bend holding 2 5# dumbbells
Stretch

Belinda, sorry you cannot go for your walk. Nice work on the weights. I still have not previewed the Barre workout. I spent time preparing for this week and cooking up a batch of chicken curry soup for my granddaughter and I this week.

Good morning,

XTrain Biceps and Triceps is done.

Great job on your workout and preparing your food for the week, Diane. How to you make your chicken curry soup? It sounds so good.

BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.