Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Hi everyone,

I did SBF upper body plus posture stretching. It was a short workout. I also walked a little. My knees are not linking anything these day's. I am trying to avoid getting the shots in my knees, I am afraid with the virus going around I get infected going to the clinic on base. Although they taking recauitions/streaming for the virus. The reason I am a little worried is I had very bad case of respiratory problems in Jan/Feb.

Les Mills is offering a 30 day free trial.

Alice from bellyfit is offering a free download workout: use download code:KEEPDANCINGWITHBELLYFIT

New Shot is offering 60 day free workouts:
https://showcase.newshoot.co.uk

Calm is offering free meditations: https://www.calm.com/blog/take-a-deep-breath

Jari Love free workout videos on YT:

Faithful workouts one month free.

Ilaria is livestreaiming workouts on Friday 3/30 and Sat 3/21 @ 4 pm

Cathe is also posting on instagram/FB live workouts (not sure when?)

if anyone knows on free workouts keep sharing.

Diane - thank you. I am taking care of my knees. I feel like I have a bone sticking out, it's very painful at the moment.

Doreen - please post the links on free workouts.

BBL!

Reactions: WD
Hi everyone,

I did CL #140 Low impact Hiit today.

Diane - thank you. I still need to move daily. I kept everything very low impact, not Cathe's, lol.

Great job everyone. BBL

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Step 2, 42 minutes, 201 calories, heart rate 120/169, 4,018 steps. I finished with Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga Total Body, 23 minutes, 20 calories, heart rate 75/94, 30 steps. Total time was 65 minutes, 221 calories, 4,058 steps. I am tired this morning. Not adjusting well to my husband working all night and trying to get household tasks done. I was up till 2 am vacuuming and cleaning. Then I woke up fairly early. Dragging through the workout. Once I finished the cardio I was done, but shoulders and neck are bothering me this morning so I really wanted to get a stretch in. My wrists have been bothering me since I started doing the Walk Strong 3 workouts. No real idea why other than maybe the things like plank work done on the hands. Yesterday I modified the push ups.

Belinda, glad that you got in a Low Impact Hiit workout. Movement always seems to help me. It is when I quit moving that I have a lot of pain. It helps get they synovial fluid moving which is important for the cushioning and inflammation. Just can't overdo it. :) If I didn't work on neck movement I would be in so much pain.

1 more workout which I am hoping to do tomorrow and I will have went through all of the Walk Strong 3 workouts. Wondering if either of you know if the Total Body workout on the Walk Strong Boost Your Metabolism workout is similar to the one in Walk Strong 3? I only have the lower body in those so far which I do like. Funny thing is Walk Strong 3 seems similar to the balance series, gentle yoga, and the have fun set. With some pluses. I liked how the barre workout was different using the light weight and ball. Lots of ways to use these and incorporate into other workouts as they are not that long. I think someone would be crazy to use 15's and 20's in any of these unless maybe lower body.

Belinda - Bummer about your knee! Hope you can find some workouts that don't bother it. Movement is good now.

This morning I did Raw Heavy Bag #2 and then 7 Strong for 5 rounds for about 55 minute workout.

I'll try to get some links posted - some are in my email box.

Hi everyone,

Today I did the Cathe 289 TB Blast. I had to modify all the high impact cardio.

Diane - Cathe's modifications are still to high for me at the moment. Still have to turn it down a notch from hers, lol. I am in pain when I sit down, lay down or work out. It doesn't matter. Be careful with your shoulder and neck. One wrong move in it set you back.

Doreen - thanks for the link. I will check it out. Looks great.
Stay safe and healthy. I will be back tomorrow

Stay safe and healthy, everyone.

This morning I did Walk Strong 3 Total Body Strength, 41 minutes (32:58 actual), heart rate 92/136, 391 steps, 79 calories. I also did Walk Strong Boost Metabolism Total Body Circuit, also 41 minutes(actual 35 minutes), 101 calories, heart rate 98/137, 985 steps. Total time 82 minutes, 180 calories, 1376 steps.
I liked both workouts. I had to modify quite a bit for my shoulder as both are compound moves. I went light on anything shoulder and the circuit one I went really light using 5 and 8 lbs. I liked the balance work throughout the circuit and the one sided work.
Walk Strong 3 Total Body Strength
warm up
superman/push ups
alternating lunge 1 arm overhead press 16 reps I used 8# She says heavies
deadlift hip hinge row 23# dumbbells 16 reps
repeat
mat- alternating bench press 8# dbs 16 reps
bridge with one leg extended step out holding dumbbells with elbows pressed into the floor 8 reps each side
repeat
goblet squat 15# dumbbell 16 reps
triceps overhead press balance 1 leg 8 reps each side 15# dumbbell
reverse lunge 1 arm overhead press 8 each side started with 10# and changed it to a bicep curl second round I used a 15# dumbbell and just did bicep curls
repeat
No weight core
plank walk in pike
supine arm crosses as opposite leg extends
sit up stand (get up)

Walk Strong Boost Metabolism Total Body Circuit
warm up no weight front swing, lunge row, plie overhead press
Front Swings first set I used 5# 2nd round I used 8#
lunge with forward lean 8# dbs 16 reps
plie walk forward back 2 sets of out and in overhead press as you hit front and as you hit back 8# dbs
lunge hammer curl alternating 16 reps 8# dbs
repeat
split stance of balance 1 leg squat lawnmore 8# db
horse stance front press 8# db
repeat
side lunge chop 8# db I counted 34 reps for this
single leg balance lateral leg lift with overhead triceps extensio 8# db
chest 1 leg balance and fly 5# dbs
1 leg arabesque reverse fly 5# dbs
repeat other side
crossover leg biceps curls 5# dbs alternating sides second round they do W curls
curtsy lunge stationary triceps kickbacks 5# dbs and 8# 2nd round
mat
chest press/fly knees pull in
functional sit up 1 leg bent arm extends
repeat
tripod balance reach back extended arm as leg curls
push up hover
repeat
active recovery bridge march
stretch

Doreen, those are both good workouts. I saved the free video to watch later. Have you done it? Her workout space is a mess, kind of a modge podge of odds and ends. LOL I thought mine was kind of messy, but it is somewhat organized even though I have moved some things and put the kids dvds on my shelf trying to clean out the guest room in case my grandson wants to come and stay here. Or even my daughter and grandchildren as she is trying to sell her house and already has an offer. She hasn't even looked at houses yet. I really want to do that new heavybag workout. I have looked at it, but my shoulder acting up would not take the bag well at the moment. I have enjoyed trying all of those workouts. Today I tried one of the two Boost Metabolism that I don't have yet. It is different from the one on WS3. I watched some of the upper Boost Metabolism, but will hold off for now. I appreciate you letting me borrow them. You can take them back now if you would like. I will probably purchase after things settle down. My husband has a new job and still waiting for a payday, as I think they held back as well of all of this craziness.

Belinda, I remember even little things really started hurting my knees. I was doing P90X2 which has a lot of balance and those side balances and I tried so hard to get into the positions they did and make it work which really made the pain much worse. Lesson learned there. Don't push if it hurts more than normal. I think my shoulder is inflamed again which causes pressure on that nerve that runs from the front down my arm. Even my hand and arm get numb. I am applying heat because they do not suggest ice for that and doing nerve glides and stretches they gave me in PT. I do these some everyday anyway, but back to doing more of it for awhile. I don't want it like it was before. I feel for you on the knee pain.

Hey guys,

Took a rest day today. I will start STS M2 tomorrow.

Diane - everything seems to border my knees lately. I been doing the stretches my PT gave me years ago, they don't help. I am bone on bone according to my doctor. The only thing I can do is take care of my knees and keep everything very low impact. Which I am doing anyway.

I will be back tomorrow. Good night.

Rest day and stretching. I did Raw stretch from the 5 day strength program and JS Gentle Yoga neck and shoulders. My neck has really been cracking and hurting the last couple of days.

Belinda, have you read up on what exactly bone on bone is? I always look up those things and like to have a clear picture of all options and what they are really telling me. I am having problems with the spaces in my spine. Trying to keep things mobile with a lot more stretches and stuff. Maybe there is some new moves you could find on some of the PT stuff on youtube. I wish you were not have so much pain. I love working out, just wish we didn't have to be so careful. Have they done mri's or anything of your knees? I have had X rays for the arthritis, and when I had the torn meniscus they did an Xray as per what insurance wanted first and then they did an mri. Even with all of that the surgeon said there was a lot more arthritis in my knee than he would have thought.

So Daily Burn is offering 30 days free for their app too. So I signed up and did a 20 minute Strength workout and then a 30 Spartan workout. The Spartan workout was kinda silly and kinda fun at the same time. Its supposed to prep you for a spartan race so we ended by hanging (on my pull up bar) for the last 2 minutes! I may check out the rest of the spartan workouts just to see what else they have you do.

Diane - no, after I have them saved for later. I don't want to do just bodyweight workouts right now. Those work better for the summer when I am outside without all my equipment. Right now I have my equipment and want to do workouts that use equipment. Most of the free home workouts training are posting are equipment free because they are assuming people don't have stuff at home.

Good morning,

I started M2 D13 today. Had a great workout. Loved the longer breaks. I probably will go for a walk later today.

Diane - my doctor is very good. I always read up on everything. I did got an MRI and Xtrays done on my knees. It is what it is. With all the people stockpiling everything it will take me awhile to find anything. I was excused after my 2 grocery runs.

I will be back later.

Today I did Daily Burn Cardio Kickbox with Anja Garcia for 30 minutes. This was a fun kickbox workout for 30 minutes and she packed a lot into 30 minutes!! Her combos moved quickly and she didn't spend a lot of time building them up so very time efficient and would be fun to do again.

Then I did the Daily Burn Spartan workout "Army Crawl". You guessed it - lots of on the floor moves like bear crawl, rolls, crab walk, spiderman pushups and army crawling. Not as fun but different movements

Hi everyone,

Today I did CL#272 Love me some cards kickboxing. This one is very high impact, very fun combos. I had to take out all the high impact moves. Still got a great workout.

Doreen - nicely done this morning.

Diane - have fun with your workout today.

Have a great workout and day everyone.

his morning I did Box and Pump 3 Raw, 59 minutes, 278 calories, heart rate 122/171, 3,935 steps. I then did Raw abs finisher, 19 minutes, 41 calories, heart rate 92/141 and finished with Lite extended stretch 2, 13 minutes, 11 calories (I added a bit of neck shoulder stretching. Total time 89 minutes, 330 calories, 4,338 steps.

Box and Pump 3 boxing with lower body strength segments. I used 1# dumbbells for the boxing Kelly says no more than 3#

boxing
squats 34# barbell
squats with 15# dbs
plies holding 12# dbs together and raising heels
boxing
barbell deadlift 34#
reverse lunge 15# dumbbells
good morning holding 10# dbs on shoulders
boxing
barbell front lunge 34#
bulgarian split squat 15# dbs
curtsy lunge kelly 10's I used 15# dbs
boxing
side to side step with loop band
squat side to side with loop band
kick leg back with loop band alternating legs
boxing
side lying clam shell with loop band
lying on back hip lifts open knees with loop band
stretch

Doreen, there are some pretty tough body weight workouts there. They would be great for when you are outside. I bet it is fun trying the different streaming services.

Belinda, I sort of remember doing a workout where Cathe used cards and I pretended I had them or something. Funny that the memory just hit me. Maybe it was a memory from someone else though.

This morning I did Daily Burn's Live to Fail - Pillars of Strength 1 workout. This was a leg workout. 4 sets of 12 reps:
Goblet Squat
Box Step up
Calf Raises
Reverse Lunges
Box squat to calf raise

Then I did 2 of 3 rounds of the Spartan workout - Strong Hold. (which is supposed to build grip strength) This was another fun one (but the exercise explanation takes forever- ff next time).

This was 45;15
Walk out
Fingertip Bear hold
Row and catch
asymmetrical squat w/ open grip
Hollow body hold
over/under pinch grip squat
Front lean Push & drag (this was fun)

Daily Burn does a workout series with a new workout every day.... which would be fun but they are too easy to really make it worth subscribing on a regular basis.

Hi everyone,

I did STS D14 Legs this morning.

Doreen - great job today.

Diane - I do remember Cathe holding up cards too. Great job on your workout.

I will be back tomorrow.

This morning I wanted to see check and see if my cardiovascular system was still working well so did Coffey Fit Real Raw #2 cardio hiit. I flew through it and did not modify. It has loads of jacks, air jacks, tuck jumps, squat thrusts side to side. Even Kelly dropped out and modified once in awhile so I felt good about it. Only thing is my Versa 2 had me at 90bpm when I was doing tuck jumps. I was breathing hard and sweating. I paused and switched it to my right arm and it picked up a bit. I still believe it is not correct or I am in excellent superior shape and I doubt that. Once it showed no heart rate when I looked at it. Anyway, that workout was 37 minutes, heart rate 129/157, 199 calories, 3,481 steps. I finished off with Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga Neck and Shoulders, 19 minutes, 21 calories. Total time 56 minutes, 220 calories. Shopped in the wee hours of the morning and got to bed at 3am. My husband and I watched the newest Star Wars Movie on Vudu as our anniversary date since going to dinner is out and things are closed. Our anniversary is Friday, but he will be working all night and sleeping during the day.

Belinda, nice work on getting STS legs in this morning. Does that work out okay with your knees?

Doreen, I hate when they spend a lot of time discussing a workout. Now that you have seen the instructions it should go faster if you like it.

This morning was a GymBox Advanced Step Routine. This time I did ff through the first 5 minutes to skip the long warm up. I really like some of these and this was one of them. Good choreography and fun combos with move I've not see done before.

Hi everyone,

I went for a long walk outside today.

Diane - sorry you can't go for dinner on Friday for your anniversary. As long as I don't squat down too much my knees are ok. If they start bordering me for some reason I will skip STS legs all together. Great job yesterday.

Doreen - looks like you having lots of with with checking out free fitness instructors. Great job!

BBL!

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Strong and Lean mix Strong and Lean Intervals which is each body part done with one of the kickbox combos in between. This was 59 minutes (55 actual) heart rate 110/163, 235 calories, 3,552 steps.
Workout weights Uses a barbell, dumbbells, and tubing for each body part and a step for triceps and chest
Biceps- barbell curls 30# , hammer curls double arm/alternating hammer curls 15# dbs, tubing alternating run curls
kickbox
Back-barbell rows 30#, plie 12 # dbs rows, tubing standing scapular squeeze double and singular
lower Body - barbell squats 30# , side to side lunges 15# dumbbells, side to side step tubing
Kickbox
Shoulders-barbell overhead /push press 25# bar, alternating upright row 10# dumbbells, lateral raise front raise tubing singles then doubles
kickbox
Step added
Triceps- barbell dips 30# bar, skull crusher 12# dumbbells, seated kickbacks with tubing
kickbox
Chest- bench press barbell, single arm flys dumbbells 12#, seated fly pec deck tubing

Doreen, nice work today. Was it a slow warm up? Most almost feel like you are into the workout. I remember thinking that about some of the P90X2 workouts and if I remember right that cardio workout on the Beast workouts had an awful long warm up. It seemed half the workouts were warm up and cool down.

Belinda, we could order delivery or pick up, but it is not a big deal. Going to low with squats can be rough on the knees. I know that you are being careful.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.