Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

dmerz, totally forget about the library, all the time. Voting with dollars, ha. no, it's usually we want stuff, we get stuff.

Belinda, sorry to hear your DH messed up his shoulder, ouch. I'm shopping my collection, and closet. BB & B and Kohl's really need to stop sending me discount coupons.

Like your plan too, catgirl. Pulled out Party Rockin' Step last week, I miss the step workouts. did tons of Zumba this year, most without the step, mostly low impact. Miss those circuit workouts too.

Diane Sue, I still use the rebounder too for low impact, I think I've gotten my money's worth out of that thing.

Walk & yoga today & Housemax.

Today did a Cathe live low impact and then threw in some RWH low impact, the one with weights.

Diane Sue, yes, I have the same torn meniscus in my right knee. Had it happen the first time about four years ago. It did eventually mostly heal on its own. It is in the same spot this time, so I'm just trying to not push it too hard, and listen to what my body says it can handle that day. It is in an area that gets blood supply, so hoping for recovery. I've had enough surgeries in the last few years as it is.

Belinda, thank you. I cannot wait for ICE. I preordered on the first day of the sale. Was doing a three month RWH rotation and when I first read the presale notice, I was first disappointed that it was going to intermediate. But, I ordered it anyway because I know that Cathe never disappoints me and you never know what will come your way. And it did.
Finally, I got my basement workout area setup with wifi so I can get Cathe live. I should be set for a while.

Dmerz, I've been using my library a lot, especially since I found out how to request loans from other libraries. I've been able to preview several DVDs that I would

112toGuru, I'm not having any problems with stepping (even at 8 inches) as long as I stay low impact. I'm going to try to modify PRS#2 tomorrow and replace any jumping with low impact. Love to step.

Thanks to all for the well wishes.

Today I did Fitness Blender 8 week fat loss day 12 Abs + Cardio Hiit 63 minutes and added the stretch for the alternate beginner workout, 13 minutes. Total time was 76 minutes. My granddaughter 7 stayed over and she was my workout partner. She lasted the whole workout. Sometimes she was going faster than Kelly was. Maybe it is all of that Irish dancing she has been doing :) Kelly Coffey's new workouts showed up today. I am not a one who keeps workouts lying around without doing them right away so I am sure I will incorporate them into what I am doing right now.

Catwoman, I thought after doing more research that I may have been able to recover from the torn meniscus on my own. I did the surgery and they repaired the tear. I had a bakers cyst as well. Also the surgeon said I had way more arthritis in there than he would have thought. Anyway, when I laid off the workouts for awhile it improved before I ever went. It still took lots of care to mend. I didn't go for physical therapy. I worked on it myself with some workouts for knee rehab. The doctor said I knew enough I could probably do it myself. Good luck on getting it to mend. When the pain really started was the third time through Body Beast and I thought I would push a bit heavier. I could feel my knee at an uncomfortable angle.

112toguru, I used to think that I would not get much use out of the rebounder but, after I mine with Urban Rebounding Extreme, I ended up incorporating it a lot. I would like to get the Bellicon one someday. Those are pretty expensive.

Dmerz, I've been using my library a lot, especially since I found out how to request loans from other libraries. I've been able to preview several DVDs that I would
Catgirl- you are brilliant! I didn't even know we could request from another library. I checked my library and sure enough- I can request from inter-library loan! I now have a couple DVD's I've had my eye on requested from another library! Another great idea to try stuff without buying it!

Catgirl- you are brilliant! I didn't even know we could request from another library. I checked my library and sure enough- I can request from inter-library loan! I now have a couple DVD's I've had my eye on requested from another library! Another great idea to try stuff without buying it!

So glad I could help. My Ipad must have chopped off the rest of my sentence. The inter-library loan has helped me a great deal. I've been able to find ones to add to my wish list that I know I will use, and others that I thought I would like and then didn't. My own local library only carries very basic level stuff. Have fun requesting.

Kelly Coffey's Athletic Conditioning 2 and Strength and Stamina came yesterday. I wrote down the premixes so I can see what I can use while still doing the 8 week fat loss rotation from Fitness Blender. I did workout 2 of Athletic conditioning today which was the abs and flexibility combination, 26 minutes. Generally I take Sundays off. My notice from Beach Body says Hammer and Chisel will be here the 19th.
I reserve books all of the time from other libraries and then just go pick them up. I have checked out a lot of health and fitness books and nutrition books that way. I like checking out the cookbooks so I know whether it would be something I would want to purchase. I check out a lot of books digitally from the library too. I open them with my kindle app. I wish I could download videos from the library :) My grandson like to go though and I take him often. It is easier if I already have what I want reserved when we go.
Does anyone here take before and after pictures when they do the workout programs? I always look at all of the stuff when I get my Beach Body workouts but them skip it.

JMBR workouts 7 & 8, Deepen Your Practice Hips yesterday with stretching. YW365 10, Coiled, for some reason all my 'twist' workouts come up at the same time, okay it's happened twice. I sense a pattern here.

Diane Sue - I avoided KCM's ( & Peak Fitness) because I didn't want to get into "collecting" another instructor, which saved me some $ but I feel like I should have tried some, and I would have liked them. I confess.

Today was the fitness blender 4 week program for abs, obliques, and lower back day 11. It is done 5 days a week so since I started on a Monday this is day 11. I started the 8 week fat loss on Tuesday. I wish I had not done that but I am moving things around and only doing the core workouts that will work with the fat loss rotation. Today I started with Kelly Coffey's Strength and Stamina bonus step 22 minutes, 161 calories. (wanting to try some more of the workouts and make sure they work correctly) I then did the Fitness blender 5 minute total body warm up, Stress Busting Cardio Kickboxing and core, extra credit 10 minute abs, and pilates infused cooldown, 40 minutes, 263 calories. Workout time total was 62 and calories burned 424. I would have liked to try more of Kelly's but I will get some more in this week. She always has a lot of premixes :D I have Hiit and lower coming up tomorrow so probably not tomorrow though.

112toguru, I have not heard of the workouts you just did :) I generally pre-order Kelly because they are usually very reasonable and I like all of her workouts. I do have a few I do not have but I have most of hers.

Yesterday I did PRS#2, modifying to low impact using an 8 inch. Was easier to modify than I was thinking, which makes me happy because I love to step.

After collecting downloads for years on the presales (and not using them), I finally figured out how to blend them. I made my own workout of RWH LB circuit, chopped out the plyo moves on the step, and inserted RWH LI segments. Awesome workout. I actually loved it more, which is saying something because it is one of my all time favorites. Figuring out finally how to use what I already own!

112toguru, I have been able to order through my library almost all of the KCM workouts. Maybe a possibility for you to sample without $. I do a lot of her and also have all of MDs peak fitness and her newer ones.

Diane Sue, no. I've never taken before and after pics. I'll be honest, even when I faithfully follow a program, I don't noticeably change much. I take my measurements monthly to see if a little shifts. I've done some of the FB workouts, but never a full program. How are you liking it so far?

Have a good day. Was doing my happy dance earlier thinking ICE still might make it for Christmas.

I did my New Rules- Supercharged lifting today. 100# deadlifts 2x15. I had to pause after 10 reps on the second set. Then because the workout calls for intervals at the end I did a 20 min Ruthless DVD, Nitro Burn. (a set I purchased last year but still haven't done all of them).

I've never taken before/after pics either though I could tell after STS my body had changed and then again this spring after doing a paper program called Working Class Cardio I could tell my shoulders and back were more defined. Weight always stays about the same- give or take 5lbs. Right now I'm +5. In the summer I do more metabolic and cardio and I normally drop the 5.

Catgirl, I only have Ripped with Hiit downloaded and one ab workout segment I purchased. That was a good idea for blending the workouts together. I have never tried. I guess I need learn. I am liking the Fitness Blender Rotation. I like that each day is different. I look each evening to see what is on the plan for the next day so I can decide if I will add anything or if there is an alternative workout I might want to add on. The first week seemed a little lighter. The second had more heavier weights. I do go heavier than they do for most of the weight work. Today's cardio was not that intense but, I know tomorrow's hiit will be more intense. Funny thing was my Polar app called my fitness blender workout maximum and tempo training when I was done. The main workout was a jump rope segment for 1 minute ( I did this on the rebounder but probably jumped harder and added in some jacks too) then several rnds of kickboxing and an ab segment and sort of repeated this.
I noticed more kickboxing this week so that seems a bit more in this weeks program plus again it has me alternating lower days and upper days.
I think it changes some on the 4th week and adds in one of their up to 1000 calorie workouts. I never burn that many calories so I am guessing I will be lucky if I get 500-600.

dmerz, nice work on the 100# deadlifts. I haven't went that heavy since I had the knee surgery. I am still a bit wary of more injuries. The first time I did STS I got up to 110#.

As far as before and after pictures. I have had times when I worked very hard on the nutrition and the workouts with goals for really showing the cuts and I can see the difference in my vacation pictures that were taken at the time. One of those times was 4 years ago when my DH came home from Afghanistan and we went to Jamaica. He has commented on what great shape I was in. I can always see some ab and arm definition etc.. but, diet can really make a huge difference along with some heavy lifting. For me just looking at myself at the time I didn't notice a lot of difference till I saw pictures. So, I guess what I am saying is pictures can make a difference. I have just never put before and after together though. At that time I was doing STS and Insanity along with some other workouts. I seriously worked at it for about 6 months though.

Diane Sue - those are Body Revolution w/0s, after Bodyshred, I made it up to 7 & 8 before losing interest &/or needing a change, I put all those kind of unfinished rotations together and mix 'n' match through the week. 5 yoga, 4 cardio, and at least 3 dedicated strength, one UB, one TB, and one LB. At least that's my plan.

won't be long now Catgirl, those trucks are on the way!

Busy days, hope I get something in....

Good morning,

I will do cardio today, not sure what yet? I am trying to go through all my dvd's, that should be fun.

112toguru, I need to pull out Body Revolution w/0s for next week and start a rotation. I have way to may dvd's and so little time :(

dmerz, wtg on the 100# deadlifts :) I can't do heavily deadlifts anymore, I have a few slipped discs. I never take before and after pic :(

Catgirl - how do you do your own premixes with the downloads? Do I have to pay for Cathe on Demand? That sounds like fun :) What a great idea to check out the library for workout dvd's :)

Diane Sue - glad you liking Fitness Blender 8 week program. They do look like a lot of fun. BTW, I love kickboxing.

I will be back later to report my workout. Have a great day and workout everyone.

Good afternoon,

I am back to report my workout: I did Jessica Smith 30 Day Walk (I am in Week3). I was suppose to do 30 Min Fat Baster today. I ended up doing next weeks 40 min Mega Burn:D instead. Since I am trying to go through my entire workout dvd collection, I also pulled out Cindy Whitmarch Incredible Abs V1 workout #2 = 20 min. I had that dvd for years and only done maybe 1 workout:( Workout #1 is on Incredible Abs V2. Weird, hah? I really liked the ab workout.

I will be back tomorrow after DH's doc appointment. Have a great day and workout everyone.

Today was Fitness Blender 8 Fat Loss Day 15, The main focus was lower body. It was a mixture of workouts so it started with a cardio total body warm up, 5 minutes, Brutal Total Body Hiit, 15 minutes,20/10 ( I am not sure what I thought of that as I did not burn near the calories they did. It alternated cardio and down to the floor for core work which took my heart rate way back down) , it went on to the Butt and Thigh Sculpting and Strength Training-Brutal Butt and Thigh workout 30 minute Lower Body Sculpting, drop it like a squat, , and finished with the Extra Credit 7 minute, Bodyweight Total Body. I didn't do the 4 week Core today because it was Butt Thigh Hiit Cardio and pretty much the weight work with Hiit added that I already did.
I put in Kelly Coffey's Athletic Conditioning and did the low impact premix, 17 minutes. This was lower and upper together and Kelly used 10#.
Total time today was 77 minutes, 514 calories.
Weights for Butt and Thigh
AB AB format 10 reps each wet of two moves done twice They use dumbbells so weight is the total combination of both weights
traditional squat 70# , 70#
Deadlifts 70#, 70#

ski squat 60#, 60#
Deadlift toes pointed inward 60#, 60#

sumo squat 50#, 50#
deadlifts toes pointed outward 60#, 60#

curtsy lunge 40#, 40#
sde lunge alternating 30#, 30#

jump squats
lateral jumps

112 to Guru, I have heard of the Body Shred workouts. It looks like you have a good plan :) Will that change when you get Cathe's ? Maybe you can mix those up too.

Bayergirl, it would take me a tremendous amount of time for me to get through all of my workouts. I have done all of them though. Well, all but the ones that I just got.

Last edited:
Today I did another mix that I put together of RWH UB Circuit with the RWH abs (to make premix #5) and then took out the high impact and put in the RWH LI. Another great one.

Bayerngirl, I first tried to do this with the workout blender (not on demand). Like everyone else has reported on the forums, I could not get it to work. I only have Cathe Live, not on demand. I just couldn't justify the cost for on demand. I own everything but six DVDs and have all of the most recent downloads, including ICE. Everyone raves about the on demand blender and I wish I could have that one. It would be much easier. I found that my downloads worked with a video editor program I already owned on my PC. It was a very time consuming process. Most of the time the premixes work for me. I just love the RWH UB/LB circuits and have been missing them since my injury.

Diane Sue, sounds like the FB rotation would be something I like. And I love kickboxing and boxing. Also, like you whenever I have tried one of the 1000 calorie workouts, I get about half that.

Dmerz, wow on the 100# dead lifts. After breaking my back, and several surgeries later, I will cheer you on from the sidelines. WTG!

112toguru, you reminded me that I have Body Revolution and have not done it yet. I need to add that to my 2016 to do list!

I think I'm one of the few that the desktop workout blender works for. (on an older computer) I have several premixes I did a while back still sitting in my google drive yet to try. Some are pre-mixes and some are my own forms of stuff. (ie I seem to hate pile jacks and Cathe loves them so I always take them out of a blender!)

I did X10 (x52 premix) this morning. Another one I think I should do more often to try to get better at it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.