Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Yesterday I started Kelly's Raw Just Step, but stopped at the boxing moves, not far into it. I just did not want to push since I was doing so well. So I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong and have fun: step and stride, (with the Raw bit) 36 minutes, 216 calories and PT/ stretch for 55 minutes 100 calories. I felt no pain yesterday or pretty much all day the day before and had high hopes of being on my way to being pain free, but I went to the store yesterday afternoon and picked up one of those huge Aquafina packs of water lugging it in and out of the cart just really hit hard. When I got to the car I put it in the back seat as opposed to lifting it up and over into the trunk and backed in and dropped it on the garage floor. So, now I am icing and trying to work it out along with more Advil :( I am so mad at myself. I should have just bought small packs of water. Even if it was more costly.
Today I just did PT and skipped the band pulls.

Doreen, nice ride. I bet you enjoyed that one. I have yet to find a streaming service that allowed for sharing anything. I have not used Purple Player though. I think that I put it on my other tablet, thinking that is what I needed for Kelly's Raw. Maybe she does use it for purchases. I have not done digital downloads from Kelly yet.

Belinda, I am so sorry that you had that happen with your finger. Hopefully you can find plenty to see and do without getting in the water.

Good morning,

Besides taking walks I have not done anything else. Looks like I will be walking for the rest of the week. My finger is still very infected. I don’t get it? I may have to go back to the doctor tomorrow if I don’t see improvement.

Diane- there is still plenty to see and do. How are you doing today?

I will be back tomorrow. Have a wonderful day.

Hallo every one,

Had to go back to the hospital. They had to cut and drain my finger again. Never in my life I had this happening I am so tired of this. I am on different antibiotics. I hope this is it.

Where are you guys?

Bbl

Today was physical therapy. She did not have me do the weight work that seemed to irritate things this time. My neck felt pretty good and she just worked on my shoulder. Sometimes those stretches and compression really hurt. She wants me to do something similar to the nerve glide move I have been doing several times a day and before I go to bed to see if it loosens up that nerve. She even said everytime we make a little progress and move forward the shoulder gets irritated. Felt better when I came home, but things are starting to tighten up which is so frustrating. I went upstairs awhile ago and foam rolled my back and shoulders and did some more neck stretches then rubbed BioFreeze on. So far I have avoided Advil today. I don't know that I will be able to tonight. I need to quit using it.

Belinda, that is terrible. I hope that the new antibiotic gets rid of that. I am still around. Just not using the computer quite as much and busy trying to do household things between PT and appointments.

Belinda- how disappointing to have to go through the procedure again! And new meds. I hope you are still having fun on vacation.

Diane - Hope you can avoid pain tonight and can get some rest.

I've been out the past couple days as my son was playing golf at the state tournament - lots of walking the golf course but no workouts.

No workout today. I should do some PT exercises though. I am tempted to take the entire day off. Sleep was not so good and I did some stretches this morning that helped a bit. I had a long wait at the doctor's office. He gave me a steroid injection in my shoulder. If this doesn't help, in a month I am to call and he wants to set up an epidural in the neck where the inflammation is. There is a lot of narrowing in the space in the spine and in one area there is hardly any fluid getting through. I am really not wanting to do that. He said the other option would be surgery and I said "no!" I will keep up with the next 4 visits to PT and then do the exercises at home on my own. Hopefully inflammation goes down and that will help so I do not need to do the epidural. Since the area in the spine is the main problem, that is causing a lot of the shoulder and arm pain along with the degrading from arthritis in the shoulder. I am not sure this was all helpful, but I am determined to fight it. He told me it was okay to go get my flu shot. I decided I will wait till tomorrow or something. Also I told him, I have had issues with my neck for years and generally know what to do to get it to stop. The different things that trigger the pain and inflammation. I am hoping I can do that and forgo the epidural. I have thought about this, and generally giving up sitting for long periods in one position on computer reading etc.. needs to be less. I will often do some rolling and stretching, but if I feel like I am only making it stay longer, I let up on that too or lighten to very little. Aggressiveness results in more pain.

Doreen, my 8 year old grandson took golf lessons this summer. It seemed funny to me as he is so small and lugging his clubs in while I was keeping him. His sister took him to golf when I was keeping him since his parents were on their cruise.

Belinda, I hope you are doing better today and that finger starts to heal. How frustrating and painful!!

Good morning,

Not sure what is going on with the infection in my finger,? Yesterday had a lot of pain in my right index finger. If my finger keeps this up I need to go to th hospital for the 3rd time. I keep my finger clean, soak it a few times a day. Keep it covered and the infection keeps coming back.

Thanks Doreen and Diane! Besides laying my the pool or walk I still enjoy myself.

We will be home Sunday. BBL

Reactions: WD
I finally got upstairs and did Jessica Smith Stride and Step walking strong, 33 minutes, 198 calories, 3,368 steps, heart rate 134 average, 153 max. I then did PT exercises and some foam rolling for upper and lower. This was 40 minutes. I am feeling somewhat better today. I keep reading up on information. It seems PT has done pretty much everything suggested there. No high impact and weights on shoulders or overhead as it compresses the spine and with spinal stenosis it can really make things worse.

Belinda, you don't have something that got down into that cut do you? That is really weird that it is acting like that. I hope it gets better. I am glad you still enjoy yourself.

Today is our last day in Hawaii. We flying back tomorrow afternoon, I will be home Sunday evening.

Diane- yes, I had a cut and something got down into it. I disinfect my hands constantly? It is weird I agree. I did not wanted to go to the hospital again today, I decided to wait. All this cutting and squeezing isn’t helping either. Hopefully it will heal itself. DH is checking my finger to make sure it’s not getting worse. I will wear medical clove on the flight this way I don’t have any other problem.

So last night I did 40 minutes of a gymbox step routine - really fun moves!

Then this morning I did a 30 minute full body Hiit from Sydney Cummings and then checked out another new to me instructor Heather Robinson: I did about the first 20 minutes before I ran out of time. I was hesitant because she doesn't talk during the workout but I really like they way she does it. She just plays a clip of the next move during the rest time so you can see what you are doing. Then the timer beeps and you go. So its just music playing while you follow along with her.

This morning I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong and Have Fun workout 1 that is low impact floor cardio intervals, I can get away doing this one, but do different moves when they do the jack arms. I can pretty much tell when something is going to be a no when I do it. This was 31 minutes, 198 calories, heart rate average 1132, max 162, 3038 steps. I then did Jane Adams 7 yoga practices day #6 core and flexibility, 34 minutes, 77 calories. I wasn't sure about the plank move on this and the one arm reach so I adjusted so I did not feel it in the shoulder. The plank starts out on the elbows which was not a problem. I also did 25 minutes of PT exercises, 52 calories, which did not include the neck and shoulder stretches I did this morning when I got up. Total time was 90 minutes, 327 calories.

Belinda, I would think messing with the finger so much probably would keep it inflamed. Just watch for that red line, you don't want blood poisoning. If you can make it home it might be better to see your own doctor. Maybe it will just start healing.

Doreen, that is interesting how she did the workout and just here the music. Good idea that she put up a clip of the next move ahead of time. I imagine it was not too bad following.

Hi everyone,

I am back home again. Couldn't sleep on the plain, I am I am up for the last 24 hours. I will be going to bed soon. I am so tired from the long flight. My finger is still pretty infected. Those 2 weeks flew by fast.

I will be back tomorrow and catch up on personals.

I did a quick spin video this morning... trying to catch up from being gone earlier this week. Then we took the kids bowling.

This morning I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong and have fun step and stride, 32 minutes, 207 calories, heart rate average 138, max 159, 3,201 steps. I did well so decided to go longer and did Jessica Smith Walk Strong and have fun steady ready go, 32 minutes, 196 calories, heart rate average 136, max 165, 2,995 steps.
Total time 64 minutes, 395 calories, 6,196 steps. I go to Physical Therapy this afternoon. I need to head out and take a cake to my church for the conference they are hosting.

Good afternoon,

I feel much better today, I slept 12 hours through. Took the dog for a a 30 min walk. Getting ready to get some groceries. Need to get my eating under control. Vacation is over!

I need to find workouts I can do without using my hand. Every time I lower my finger I get a lot of pressure in my finger.

Great job on your workouts today.

Waving Hi to everyone that follows today.

I'm checking out a cycling app called BitGym. Actually its more than cycling because there are hikes and runs too. This morning I did the New England coast. Its really fun because it uses your camera to record how fast you are moving to play the trail along with. And then the coaching follows what is happening on the road. So when you are standing climbing a hill on your bike the video is also on part of the road that is climbing a hill. That was a half hour. Then I did 15 minutes of todays Sydney Cummings- cardio and abs which was sports themed cardio ( I used a med ball for the basketball section to feel authentic!)

The only bummer is I can't figure out how to get it on my TV. Casting is too grainy and it freezes. There is no app for ROKU because it needs a camera to work.

Today I walked 30 min and did STB standing lower body barre.

I called to make an appointment for my finger today, my doctor is on vacation until Friday. I didn't wanted to wait until Friday so I scheduled an appointment tomorrow morning with another doctor.

BBL!

Today I did my PT exercises for 30 minutes, 66 calories, Ice to the Mat 50 minutes, 221 calories, and Jane Adams Yoga 7 practices for your day relief from desk work, 15 minutes, 33 calories. Total time 95 minutes. I wrote out all of the exercises they are putting me through right now at PT so I can remember. So many changes.
I did have to alter a couple of the moves in To the Mat as those side planks and other plank moves were too much. For plank step in step outs with the loop, I just did firewalkers. I am working off of my arms more with PT, but I am not pushing my limits and paying for it.

Doreen, I have tried casting and it does not work well. Too frustrating when it drops out.

Belinda, good luck with that finger and seeing the doctor. I hope all goes well tomorrow. Nice work when your finger is so painful.

Good morning,

Had to cancel my appointment for this morning, I forgot I already had another appointment scheduled. I couldn't reschedule the one I have for today. Back to Friday appointment with my finger. Hoping the swelling goes down by Friday.

Yesterday I saw saw my Orthodontist. I have been waiting for Refinements (those are tray's that will correct everything that the original sets of tray's didn't do) for 2 month (wore the same set of tray's for the last 2 month). She took off all my attachments and put new ones one. Some of my teeth have 2 attachments instead of one. It's something I have to get used too, it's harder to get my tray's in and out. My bite has been off for month, I told my Ortho month ago my teeth all the sudden don't align. I had trouble chewing food. If all goes well, my Ortho thinks I will be done in 6 month. I am so glad when this is over. I am counting down :)

I have to get ready for an appointment. I will be back later.

Belinda- bummer on the last of the trays - It does seem like you have been doing those forever! Hoping the finger is better before Friday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.