Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Jolie - Cathe's Live is cheap. She is very reasonable compare to others sides. I like the looks of her weight workouts. I would love to sign up but I feel guilty for not using my dvd's. Do you do month to month? I like Yvette's workouts too. She is amazing.

Reactions: WD
I did the Step Boss pre-order and then one streaming service per month- either Cathe Live or Raw and three months of Sweat Studio on Demand at $10/month. I'm going to try to do Youtube and DVDs for a while now that I am back in my basement workout room with access to all my DVDs. Steaming works really well during the summer when I am working out outside. Edited... I forgot about my thrift store purchases - probably another $50 on various DVDs I've found at the thrift store!!

This morning I did Advanced Step Challenge #5. IMO the trickiest of them all. I only did combos 1,2,3,4 before running out of time. I hadn't planned on running through all Amy's Step DVDs I own but now I only have a couple more so I might as well try to finish them off!!

Last edited:
I cant wait to do my Powerstrike 5 dvd tomorrow, if i am up to it. I know that workout is a tad shorter than #6 so i think it will be no problem. I tell you what, the crescent kicks in these workouts are killer!!!! I might rent one or more of her newer workouts on her website for the 3 days since they are only $2.99. I want to loose weight so kickboxing usually helps with the calorie burns and i like these workouts because they are low impact.

I forgot to tell you all, i found my Tony Horton, One on One workouts, i have tons of them and they are so good. They are the ones that Tony does at his home gym, his own personal workouts that he does and you can workout along side him. I must do some of those here in the near future. The Diamond Delts workout is awesome!!!!

Doreen, do you ever do Yvette Bachman's workouts on YouTube? I love them but they are higher impact so i have to modify sometimes. Those are the highest calorie burns for any workout that i have done thus far. You really feel like you worked out after doing one of those.

Belinda, You should sign up for Cathe Live for one month, it is only $9.99 and try it out, you will love it!

Happy Friday.

Jolie - I haven't done Tony One on One in years. I have all his dvd's. I should pull that one out soon. I will cave soon and sign up for Cathe Live. It's so cheap! I agree with Ilaria workouts. I have them all too. I used jump on the band wagon. Not anymore. Have fun!

I read the other day Turbo Jam on BB has different music on Demand than it has on dvd. I am glad I got so many dvd's since they are going to streaming.

Diane - hope you get some rest.

Doreen - good luck with all the Amy Bento adv step workouts. They are all tough. I should go through mine too. I will hang on to her workouts, hard to find these day's.

I am finally going through all my photo albums. When we moved the movers must have dropped them, the pictures all over the place. I had a huge dread factor going through them again and figuring everything out. This week I started going through them, reorganizing them and store them in a photo box I bought on Amazon for long term storage. Most of my photo albums are over 36 years old, they are not BPA free, acid free, PVC free, lignin free. I also need to scan them. I got a scanner for my birthday. I researched and found these photo boxes on Amazon. We have 36 years of photos, some I can't remember when/where the event happened. We been to a lot of places in those 36 years, lol. I am having lots of fun going through old photos :) This was a dreaded task I been avoiding for a long time. I am glad when I am done.

Last edited:
Good morning,

Week 2 of Cathe Sep rotation is done. This morning I XTrain Chest Back Shoulders. Love XTrain workouts, they are a lot of fun.

I will check in later.

Belinda- Good job on the photos!! Can be fun to bring back good memories!! I think Xtrain was my first Cathe pre-order as that came out shortly after I discovered Cathe - those workouts are so great.

I stopped by the thrift yesterday and found the Spartacus 20 mintue torcher DVD. (add that to my total for the year $3) I did the Belly Fat crusher this morning and then I finally pulled out PIYO that I picked up thrift earlier this summer as well and did strength intervals (which was really a cardio workout - not strength !?!) and then did a few minutes of LITE metabolic before deciding I need to get my Saturday moving.

Jolie - I love Yvette's workouts - her music is great. They are just fun but so long - I have trouble finding time to do them. Have you tried Sydney Cummings youtube workouts? I think you would like them - I don't do her cardio workouts - just her strength or bootcamp workouts. Her cardio isn't the best because its not synced to the beat of the music. I think she adds the music after she films.

Rest day for me today. Helping DD with her move today.

Doreen - how long have you been working out with Cathe? I love Xtrain. Like everything about the set.

Jolie - whatever you end up doing today, have fun.

Diane - sending you lots of healing vibes.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

I tell you what, I did just a portion of Illaria's Bodystrikes and my legs were burning!!!! I know for a fact that the older workouts, i don't care who the instructor is, they are harder than the way they workout today. i know there is all of this science behind why they have changed the way they workout, but i know that i was in such better shape 10 years ago because the dvds were harder than they are today. Too much fluff in the workouts today. I like the old P90X, Tony's one on ones, STS and all of CAthe's older dvds, Powerstrike, Susan Chung and so on. I am going to start doing more of these workouts, i had so much better muscle definition than i do now. The only knew workouts that i really like are Yvette Bachman, and Cathe's weight workouts are still good, but too fast. She doesn't have heavy weights in her classes so she takes little rests and goes fast because the weights are so lite. That is why STS rocks! Slower and heavier!

Just saying :)

I have been reading the posts, just not doing a lot of getting on the computer. I have my MRI's tomorrow afternoon. Family came over today and we just bought brisket because I said I was not cooking. We have to replace one of my car tires. When I was driving through that road work in the rain, my tire pressure light went on and has stayed. My husband checked today and there is a tear in the side of one of the front tires. He added air though and I guess we will do that Friday. Hopefully it is good for me to go to PT and my MRI this week. I scheduled my next PT for Tuesday so that gave me 5 days between PT sessions and I could see if I felt better not going and having the hands on treatments. It is no better so far. I just kind of wondered if more hurt was coming from the manipulations.

Jolie, I think that I have 3 or 4 of the one on one workouts. I just loaned my daughter in law one that was yoga. Her doctor told her to quit doing boot camp workouts and suggested yoga. I love Susan Chung's workouts. I really want to try Kelly's new dvd that I got that has a kickboxing workout on it.

Belinda, I hope things went well with your daughter's move today.

Good morning,

I am still in DC. DD moved this weekend, Rest day for me today. I will double up tomorrow. If I have time later, maybe I will use her gym .

Have a great Monday.

I did Sydney Cummings from youtube today. I posted the link in the other thread.

Belinda - I guess about 8 or 9 years ago I found Cathe. When we got satalite TV she was on FitTV and I did all those for forever and then finally started ordering them or finding them on ebay.

I meant to workout yesterday but when I woke up my body and mind said no. We did end up going for a hike in the afternoon with the kids - nothing too strenuous!

I found all of my Tony Horton One on One workouts and i am going to try them again, it has been years, but they are awesome. These are the workouts that i currently have found.

Killer ABS Volume 1 Disc 3
Disc 2 ARX2- I think this is ABS and Core
Bun Shaper Volume 1 Disc 9
Medicine Ball Core Cardio Volume 1 Disc 10
Cardio 5-6 Plus, Volume 1 disc 7
Back and Belly
100/30/20 This a great one
Diamond Delts- My all time favorite shoulder workout!!!!!!!!
30/ 15 Routine
Shoulders and ARMS MC2
Just Arms- Awesome!

i am going to start these with running on the elliptical since i cant get anyone to fix my TMill.

Also, has anyone tried PHA Training from Cathe Strong and Sweaty DVD?

I have PHA Training from Cathe Strong & Sweaty DVD. I think I liked it- I haven't done it in a while. I think there is just one exercise at the end for upper body where she lays on the step and I thought it weird that she would lay down when the whole point of PHA is the cardio effect of weight lifting.

Terrible amount of pain with the mri's. I didn't make it through all of the images they were going to do for the shoulder which was the second set of mris. The guy went to get help because I stopped him at the end of the 4th image. I was shaking it hurt so bad. Tears were running out the corners of my eye. He said there was 5 more images to get still. A woman came in and went over what they had and said if I could do one more 6 minute image they should have enough. 6 minutes does not sound like much but when it feels like someone has a knife in your shoulder twisting it to see how long it will take for you to give up, it is a long time. I felt pretty good when I went in there as I had taken some Advil and iced before I left. The guy offered me Ibuprofen, but I told him I already had some. Besides that would not have helped at that point and wouldn't have taken affect till they were done. The neck was bad too as there was no head support and my head was lodged into the apparatus with foam shoved in the sides so I couldn't move. That was probably more than enough before I got to the shoulder.
This morning I did Kelly's Ripped and Ride September that is all lower body modified some and PT before I went for my mri"s

Jolie, I have done the PHA from Strong and Sweaty quite a few times. I like it. Haven't you done the Live ones?

Good morning,

Cathe original BC is done. If I feel up to this afternoon I probably play catch up and do RWH Legs this afternoon.

I decided to cancel my Cathe dvd preorder. My DD's new apartment made me think long and hard. Who needs dvd's if you have a gym like that? I would live in her gym, lol. Her gym is huge and comes with everything you need to work out. It's a dream come through, lol. If DH and I move next year, I wan't a gym like that. My goal is to downsize by next year to 75% from what we own. I really don't want to move with all this stuff anymore. DD's gym has TRX/ weight room, exercise machines you can think off. The Peloton+yoga room comes w/subscription. I am super excited about that :) I can't wait to workout in her gym and use the pool. Her place is so cool and modern

Jolie - glad you found all your Tony dvd's. I didn't had time to look for mine, I will do it this week. I like your plan. I didn't know you run? I used to run a few times a week. I can't run anymore I have arthritis in both my knees.

Diane - I am so sorry for what you are going through with your shoulder. I hope your doc gets through the bottom of your pain. Wonder if your tore something in your shoulder? Feel better my friend (((HUGS)))

Doreen - I have done S&S PHA a few time and like it too. If I don't like a move, I always modify. I am so tired by the end of the workout, I don't mind laying down at the end, lol I discovered Cathe over 20 years ago. Or even longer?

I will try to be back later. Now I need to catch up on work and my house.

Belinda- Your DD's place sounds so cool! Apartments really have stepped up the game on their fitness centers. I toured one last year and they had a humongous screen hooked up to a streaming service too in their yoga/cardio studio!

Diane - So sorry your in so much pain. Good job finding a workout anyway. I certainly hope with the MRIs they got they can figure out what is going on!!

This morning was a Yvette Cardio, Arms, Core from YT. Good medium impact cardio on the step and then some back and biceps with some core moves using a med ball. It was fun - her music is always so great - 80s style remixes!!

I am back: I also did Lift It HiiT It Legs. I am back on schedule. I only like the upper body workouts in RWH as far as lifting. Not a fan of all those plyo/high impact jumping. Of course, I did all the high impact on my rebounder. Now I need a nap :(

Doreen - DD new place is very cool. They only allow a few people to move in. The apartment is still under construction. She is one of the first ones moving in. On Saturday I helped her clean the apartment, wipe out all the cabinets. I am in love her new place. So nice compare to all her other ones she had. It's also cheaper than her last apartment. I forgot to mention they also had humongous screens hooked up in each room. Maybe they have Cathe Live streaming, lol? I will check out the gym on Saturday.

Diane - feel better.

Belinda, your daughters place sounds amazing. Is it a condo? Are you and your husband going to buy a house next time or something smaller in a community like your daughter? Also, her gym sounds amazing. I did not pre order Cathes dvds, they all seem the same to me and i am sure they are very similar to all of her live workouts.

I am going to go through all my dvds this week and see what i had saved while moving.

Diane Sue, i sure hope you are feeling better!

Doreen, i love any workout with 80's music, that is my era! I graduated in 1984 :) Yes, i am that old!

Have a great day.

Jolie - DD place is amazing. These are luxury apartments in DC, they still under constructions. My son will move into the same place in 1.5 weeks. His and my daughter in laws apartment is still under constructions. DD got the model apartment with all the extras. Good for her. DH and I probably will buy a condo instead of a house. Lots of maintenance goes into owning a house. If we decided to buy a house again, it has to be around 2000 sq ft. I don't want anything bigger than that again. Although I like having the space, I am the one cleaning it. I want to spent my time on other things than cleaning. I do like the community thing too with all the amenities. You don't have to worry about a thing. I do have to agree with you on Cathe's workouts, they are all very similar..same moves.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.