Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Hi,

Rest day for me today.

Diane - the hike was beautiful. Saw a nice waterfall. Had a great weekend with my DD and DH.I think what happened she got the dvd as a gift, didn't care about them.

Jolie - great job on your workout.

I will be back later.

Belinda, it sounds like you had a great time.

Last night there were tornadoes and terrible storms. At least a couple of people were killed in one that took out a hotel. They came up quickly and the one that hit the hotel came down right across the street from the storm chaser guy with a camera. It was not expected to happen like that. They called it a spike tornado or something like that. They are still digging through the damage looking for people.

Hi everyone,

DH and I did Day 69: AAA - arms, abs, a$# this morning. Just getting around to post.

Been sitting in the hospital with my walking partner/friend. She called me she needed help with her husband, he couldn't walk on his own anymore. He had 3 strokes in the past. She was very scared about her husband. My husband and I stayed in the hospital with her until they released him. Followed them home and make sure he got into his house without passing out. IMO, he should have stayed in the hospital. I am beat sitting in the hospital for over 6 hours. The doctors don't think it's his heart. He is getting an MIR tomorrow in a different town. My friend is new in the area and doesn't know her way around. I probably will go with them to the hospital for the MRI. I pray the doctors are right. They don't think it's his heart. The think it's vertigo.

Diane - that is horrible people got killed during the tornadoes. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone that is affected. Please, stay safe!

I will be back tomorrow. Trying to rest for a bit.

Reactions: WD
This morning I did Kellys new Raw Ripped and Ride June 2019, 49 minutes(45 actual) heart rate average 118, max 159, met 7, 279 calories, 1,755 steps. I then did Kelly's Sculpting RX workout #2 with the light weights. I used 8's she suggests 5-7# I don't have 7#. This was 32 minutes, 165 calories, met 6.2. I forgot to turn on my devices to get the step count. I believe it was around 1500, because I usually have about a thousand before I start and when ending total steps today was 3,646. 437 calories total and time was 81 minutes.
Ripped and Ride June format
cardio (all are around 4 and a half minutes)
weights are all upper body 1 minute
back-rows 15# dbs
hammer curls 12# dbs
upright rows 12# dbs
triceps overhead extensions 8# dbs
chest press 15# dbs
cardio
bent over reverse flys 15# dbs
front curls 12# dbs
overhead press 12# dbs
kickbacks 8# dbs
chest fly's 15# dbs
cardio
1 arm row 15# db 30 seconds each side
biceps supination curls 12# dbs
lateral raise 8# dbs
ticeps scull crusher 12# dbs
modified pull over 12# dbs
cardio into stretch
I will come back in awhile.

Belinda, Kelly is doing a new ripped and ride each month. She says you can do anything for the cardio. I like the spin bike for it as she does some kind of push up moves and alternating arm reaches while pedaling. I can sort of do that on the tread climber. The weight work changes in each one. One has kettlebells and weights in between cycling. It sure takes away the boredom of just sitting on the bike or walking on the Tread Climber. Some people have used their rebounders for the cardio.

Good morning,

D71 legs is done.

Diane - I asume ride is a bike ride workouts, right? I don't have a bike. I will defiantly sign up soon. Sounds great.

Happy Hump Day, everyone.

Diane - I'm looking forward to signing up for RAW again too - all those workouts look great. I'll have to wait until July when my Studio Sweat On Demand runs out.

Worked out at the park again this morning to Syndey - I'm liking her as it is easy to sub my sandbag. I love Cathe but sometimes its just way to much equipment!!

Cathe sure likes her equipments. I love Sydney and all the other instructors on youtube, minimal equipment. Great for traveling!

Belinda, yes, Ride is a spin workout, although Kelly says use any equipment you want for the cardio. They are a lot like Home Gym Intervals, only each is different. I loved the heavy bag one between the cardio.

Doreen, I did't think too much about the equipment and Cathe, till I was trying to find some weight workouts for my friend to help her get started. Her and her husband were in the military for a lot of years. I know she has to know some of it. This was to help her with the 20 lbs she wants to lose and getting into shape by September. They have some weights, a indoor bike, treadmill, and total gym. I gave her some gliding discs since I have 3 pair so she could do Fit Split Metabolic. She says she has some bands from when her daughter was doing physical therapy and a stability ball. What size sandbag are you using? One of those you weigh and put sand in?? I remember when Amy Bento used one for a workout that used the Bosu as well. Not sure which one it was.

Good morning,

D72 TB Core is done.

Diane - I will play around with different workouts, pattern, instructors a.s.o in 2 weeks. Her streaming workouts sounds interesting, lots of variety. So many workouts I want to do,I only can workout so much in a day.

Hope you all having a great day and workout.

Belinda- Are you saying that Autumn C. has streaming workouts? Through the BB streaming service or somewhere else?

Diane - I think my sandbag is about 35 pounds. There are 4 individual bags inside that I filled with sand that are supposed to be 10# each but I don't think I got them all filled enough. I need to try to weigh it again and figure out which one is short. But I had enough trouble getting them all zipped inside that if I put in more sand they may not all fit anyway! I think I had checked out that Amy Bento workout with the sandbag from the library once - but her sandbag was weird - like it was solid and not floppy.

Doreen - 80 Day is a Beachbody streaming workout with Autumn. BB stopped producing dvd's, they only do streaming. They do have some BB dvd sets for sale, from my understanding they will not put out anymore workout dvd's. Streaming only! If you are interested in a dvd set with Autumn, I would get it now. Autumn also come out with a new 21 Day Fix Real Time program on Beachbody on Demand.

Getting here late today :) I did my workout and then my grandson and I went out. I started with P90X3 Cold Start warm up. I have always liked that one added to those workouts as it loosens things up nicely. It is 13 minutes, 44 calories, heart rate 112 average, 173 max ?? , met 4.0, 433 steps. I guess the higher end cardio must have been during the few jacks that were in there or something.
I then did Cathe Lite Strong Body Upper Body Stacked Sets premix Total Body with abs #2. This starts with Pyramid Pump Lower Body and then moves on to Upper Stacked sets finishing with the abs. 92 minutes (81 actual), heart rate average 102, max 140, 460 calories, met 5.90, 1,635 steps. Total time was 105 minutes, 2,068 steps, 504 calories.
Weights today
Pyramid pump lower
rear slide lunges 8,10,12,10,8# dbs 12,10,8,10,12 reps
step ups with 3 risers 8,10,12,10,8 # dbs 12,10,8,10,12 reps
side slide lunges 10,12,15,12,10 # db 12,10,8,10,12 reps
elevated lunges step with 1 riser 10,12,15,12,10 # dbs 12,10,8,10,12 reps
sliding cross back lunges 8,10,12,10,8# dbs 12,10,8,10,12 rpes
deadlifts 10,12,15,12,10# dbs 12,10,8,10,12 reps ( I altered these a bit to help protect my back)
calf raises 10,12,15,12,10# dbs 30,25,20,25,30 reps
Stacked Sets Upper Body
dips 32 reps
triceps push ups 12 reps
close bench /flat bench/combo 12 # dbs 24 reps
chest flys 12# dbs 8 reps one and a halfs
plyo push ups on step 12 reps
repeat
dumbbell squeeze and press 5# dbs
overhead press one and a halfs 10# dbs 8 reps
lateral raise 8# dbs 8 reps one and a halfs
lateral U raise 8# dbs 8 reps
hip huggers 12# dbs 16 reps
repeat
pull overs one and a halfs 15# dbs 8 reps
double arm dead row 15# dbs 16 reps
hip hinge back fly 3 count as 1, 10# dbs 8 reps (there is an awful lot of bent over stuff in this workout)
biceps curls 15# dbs 8 reps
8 point drop curls 12# 16 reps
hammer curls 15# dbs 8 reps
reverse curls 12# dbs 8 reps
repeat

Belinda, I am sure that you will have fun just playing around with some different workouts for a bit. It is hard when there are so many you want to do and you know you can't do them all at once ;)
Well, I had figured Beach Body was going that way. I like my dvds.

Doreen, yes, I remember Amy's sand bag being kind of stiff looking. I think I just used a dumbbell or something with that workout. She did come out with new stuff on her workouts before they became something other instructors used a lot. I got my body bar when doing her workouts and the first pair of gliding discs when she used them. She didn't sell the equipment with her workouts, but, I purchased them to have.

My husband make my kids write up workouts to do this summer. They have them on my whiteboard in my workouts room. Its so funny because they wrote them to use all my weird equipment!! My son's workout actually includes the notation to use the "weird ball"! HA!

I did Fit Tower this morning I was in a panic looking for my large loop band to use as an assist for the pullups. I couldn't find it anywhere and feared I had packed it for travel and somehow lost it. Then at the end of my workout I found it looped around my dumbell rack! I'm so blind somehow!

I do wish I had not bought all the DVDs I have and had just waited a couple years for the streaming thing to catch on.... but back in the day my internet was not even fast enough to handle streaming so I may have still bought DVDs. I still like all the pre-mixes on KCM and Cathe - those are great options!

Hi everyone,

I did Day 73 Cardio Core + 3 mile walk this morning. I am fried.

Diane - I can't wait to play around with different workouts. I prefer downloads over dvd's these day's. As I mention before, Cathe's premixes are strung together. Warm up + Main workout+ abs + cool down. Nothing special about those premixes, IMO! Unless I am missing something? You can mix them/string together easy with downloads, IMO! I wished I would have bought all the dvd's like the Fit Tower, I should have bought downloads only. I really miss her older workouts, those had some really good premixes. DVD's are going to be history soon. Everyone is going to streaming these day's. It is what it is :)

Need to keep going. Have a wonderful day and workout, ladies.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Step 3, 43 minutes, heart rate average 138, max 167, 4,071 steps, met 8.3, 297 calories. I then did Raw Step #2 stopping at 25 minutes when she does a break and says if you want to go on you can, I forwarded to the end where she does standing "waistline" and stretch. This was 32 minutes, 2,802 steps, 220 calories, met 8.3, heart rate 141 average, max 174. I finished off with Lite Extended Stretch #2, 11 minutes, 31 calories. Total time was 86 minutes, 548 calories, 6,882 steps.

Doreen, I really like having the premixes for lots of options. That is why I still ordered the dvds and the downloads for the Step Boss workouts. I don't know why things can be right in front of us and we can't find them. My husband and I were hunting everywhere in the garage for our two pair of hedge sheers and we both had looked in the cabinet that I was sure they were in. When we were about to give up I opened that cabinet again after telling my husband that they were probably right in front of our face. Sure enough there they were. I think I was looking at the upper shelf and thought it was all wiring stuff and did not look hard enough. I swear I opened that cabinet and the others more than once. I am glad that you found your large loop band. I loaned my 1 inch wide heavy one to my grandson and have never seen it again. I have a half inch red one that I used with Tracey Staehle's bootcamp workout.
LOL on the kids choices for workouts and calling your stuff the:D weird equipment. They can be a hoot.

Belinda, I think there are some where Cathe mixes alternating the upper and lower portions from workouts that had those separate. It seems like you would have to keep going back to the chapter menu, if they have that, to put that together yourself. I like having the mixes done for me. With Kelly's streaming I have some points written down at what time something starts and ends so that I can more easily go to that time to do the moves I want. Like her Pyramid Upper body workout and front side and back side. Ones like that. Or the Step 2 workout that she has a stopping point or option to do the whole thing. After that 25 minutes of stepping, there is a bit of impact lower, then it goes to boxing moves, finishing with waistline and the cool down and stretch.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.