Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Wow Belinda- good job!

This morning I didn't feel like getting out of bed! And couldn't decide on a workout - I had no motivation - its overcast, cold and dreary. So I decided on step and then saw KCM Cardio Kicks-Stepboxing workout so I did the vertical step premix of that one. As always getting moving helps and I really enjoyed that workout this morning.

Diane - Would your friend be better starting with one of Kelly's workouts? She normally uses less equipment in most of her weight workouts than Cathe.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Step Drills and Compound Moves, 38 minutes, met 8.2, 247 calories, heart rate 136, max 173, 2,743 steps. I used 12# dumbbells which is what Kelly used for this. I then did Coffey Fit Raw REal Raw #3, 38 minutes, heart rate average 118, max 155, met 6.0, 191 calories, 1,491 steps. Total time was 76 minutes, 4,234 steps, 438 calories.
I had to run to Sprouts for some things since tomorrow is a busy day and there will not be time. They are saying extreme weather coming in. Big chances for tornadoes and hail as large as baseballs. I hope they are wrong. They always give the worst case. Schools closed all over. It has rained some, but the bigger storms are late afternoon and tonight. Still storms in the morning. I am hoping for not too much flooded roads when I go pick up the grandchildren. When I lived out there I remember trying to find a route to get around water. It ran across the road from one field to another. It looked like one large lake. That is the road I need to go down. I may drive out of my way to come in from another route. I will see what happens.
REAL RAW #3 38 minutes
Each muscle group worked one side at a time to elicit more core/balance work and focus. Some cardio interspersed to keep up the energy. Kelly uses 10,12,15# dbs and 8's at the last finishing segment. 30 seconds work each set
back
1 arm rows 15# db
1 arm row slight change in position
1 arm row with leg held up behind balancing
cardio
chest
12# db 1 arm bench press
12# db 1 arm bench press with opposing leg lift
12# 1 arm bench press with double leg lift
cardio
biceps
12# 1 arm biceps curl
12# db1 arm biceps curls balance 1 leg
shoulders
10# dbs lateral raise both arms
10# dbs 1 leg balance
Squats
no weight single leg squat
15# dbs single leg squat
15# dbs side to side tap squat
Triceps
10# dbs double arm kickbacks
10# dbs double arm kickbacks 1 leg
10# dbs double arm kickbacks opposite leg
cardio bench hops butt kick, bench hop butt kick hops landing on 1 leg, bench hops feet off and on bench like in Melt down
Finisher done twice changing some of the moves 8# dbs
chest standing lift out and front/ second time pec deck
running biceps curls/ second time running hammer curls
front raise alternating right and left/ second time through Kelly holds dumbbells together and lofts laterally like chicken wings
overhead triceps extensions

Doreen, I looked at some of my Kelly's and was thinking maybe the one that is 30 minutes to Fitness weights. It is an older one, but a good one for starting up with weights.

Good morning,

D64 Cardio Flow is done. I did get a phone call from my doc yesterday. I have arthritis in my hip. He wants me to continue to the the medication. I am not good with meds, need to looks for something more natural.

I will be back later. Gotta run.

I did a SSOD - Kettlebell Hiit this morning. There was no HIIT about it. I wish people would stop using that Term incorrectly. This was an interval workout. The standard kettlebell stuff. Swings, clean and press, etc. A couple times I had to switch to DBs to get heavy enough to make it worth the effort. She spent a lot of time teaching the turkish get up - which would be fine if you had never done it before but frustrating because my heart-rate really dropped.

Belinda- at least you have an answer. What alternatives are there? I have never researched arthritis.

I am going to have to do a quick check in. We survived the worst of the storms. It went past us and we just got the heavy downpour all night. This morning I did Fit Split Boxing mix, 35 minutes, 248 calories, met 8.0, heart rate 138 average, max 167, 3,010 steps. I then did Fit Split Low Impact cardio, 27 minutes, 196 calories, met 8.5, 1,759 steps. Total time 62 minutes, 444 calories, 4,769 steps.

Diane - I am so glad you are ok. Sorry about the storms. That is horrible. Can't imagine going through something like this. Please, stay safe! Great job getting your workout in.

Doreen - yeah, at least I know I know what's wrong. I have no idea what alternatives are there? I just started research about arthritis in the hip. I am taking the meds since my hip been bordering for weeks. I do like to find some natural remedies for arthritis.

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

D65 Legs is done. She is very chatty in this one :rolleyes:

Have a great workout and day, everyone.

Getting ready for my walk. I will do a nice stretch later too. BBL!

My DVDs came yesterday so I did STS total body Timesaver Compound moves premix. I remember I did this when I had an OnDemand trial once and liked the moves.

My BIL comes today and so my son will be sleeping in my workout room through the weekend. Not sure if I will get workouts in or not.... its been cold so working out outside doesn't seem very appealing!!

Today, I did Cathe Lite Calorie Crush from Metabolic Blast with the warm up, 18 minutes, heart rate 138 average, max 169, met 7.60, 144 calories, 1,627 steps. I then did Lite Calorie Crush from Body Weight and Bands ( I am getting used to wearing the band for the cardio now) 9 minutes, met 8.0, 72 calories, heart rate average 140, max 170, 837 steps. I finished with Fit Split Metabolic Conditioning + Abs, 45 minutes, heart rate average 110, max 151, met 6.0, 239 calories, 915 steps. Total time was 72 minutes, 455 calories, 3,379 steps

Doreen,I don't think that I have ever done the compound moves mix. I will have to try it one day.

Belinda, interesting that Autumn is chatty in this one. She usually does not say a whole lot. The only workout with her that I remember chatting in was the cardio one with her and Sagi from Hammer and Chisel.

Good morning,

D66 TB Core is done.

Diane - she was very chatty in this one. The workout was almost 60 min, if she wouldn't been so chatty and did the exercises I believe we could have been done at 45 min or less :) Nice job yesterday.

BBL!

My workout today was Coffey Fit Real Raw #2 Cardio Hiit, 38 minutes, met 8.5, 271 calories, heart rate average 143, max 179, 3501 steps. Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Finisher, 13 minutes, met 8.0, 92 calories, 1,170 steps, heart rate average 142, max 172. I finished off with Lite Bonus Abs #2, 11 minutes, 40 calories, heart rate average 99, max 132, 65 steps and Lite abs #2, 11 minutes, 31 calories. Total time was 73 minutes, calories burned 434, steps 4,736.

Belinda, I get antsy when the instructor stands and talks and doesn't get busy.

Doreen, I hope you can figure out how to get in some workouts if you like.

Good morning,

D67 Cardio Core is done.

Diane - she works out with you, not standing around. She does every single exercise with you. She still talks a lot, lol.

I am running late this morning, Getting ready for my walk. I will be back later for personals.

Quick check in as I have grandchildren here today. I need to get out to the bank and vet to pick up Gertie's Frontline. I did start that up again with no problem. Workout today was Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #4 using 12# dumbbells throughout. This was a challenge with Gertie and a 5 year old :) Workout was 42 minutes, heart rate 132 average, 160 max, met 7.0, 272 calories, 2,733 steps. This is a good one to hit everything. Hoping it does not rain. Apps give different info on the weather and television gives lower chance for our area. I won't go to the vets office if it rains as they are in a newly developed strip at the edge of the city. Mud and everything out there.

I am back from my walk. Today was a community yard sale in my neighborhood. I found the Zumba Fitness Exhilarate set still in shrink wrap for $1:) I also found 3 P57 still in shrink wrap for $0.50 each. I have the Zumba set, but for that price I couldn't pass it up:p Still in shrink wrap!!!

Belinda, you are funny. Are you going to sell the ones you already have? I have heard of P57, don't remember what they are though.

Belinda- Good find!!

Diane Sue- good job with your workout and the grandkid! Has the flooding receded any? Easier to drive around?

Yesterday I did a 50 minute SSOD bootcamp- pyramid style. She added exercises each round until you had 5 and then started subtracting the first exercises each round. It was a fun format. Then I went golfing with my husband, son and BIL (I haven't golfed in about 5 years- it was bad). Weather was great to just be outside. Then we played volleyball at the park with all after my daughter got out of school and then went for a bike ride. I am taking today as a rest day!

Good morning,

D68 Booty is done. We are going for a hike shortly.

Diane - I still can't believe I found this deal on Zumba and P57 :) The Zumba set was marked at $5 :) I ask her if she would take a $1 :p and $.50 for the P57.

Doreen - I never found such a great deal. I didn't plan on buying anything. Once I saw the set, I was like YEAH!

Enjoy your weekend, everyone. BBL!

I ran to the bank this morning before my workout. I wanted to make sure I got that accomplished. It rained some more last night :eek: I did I Max 2, which seemed much easier than I remember it. Maybe it is because I used to do it with an 8 inch step and not a 6 inch. This was 55 minutes, met 8.0, 389 calories, 4866 steps, heart rate average 150, max 175. I then did Cardio and Weights Step cardio premix skipping the warm up, 30 minutes, met 6.6, 177 calories, heart rate average 139, max 166, 2,453 steps. Total time was 85 minutes, 566 calories, 7,319 steps. I remember that I used to do the Terminator premix that was intervals of Imax 2 and cardio and weights incorporating the light weight segments. I did it a lot because I got a higher burn out of it than just I max 2. Really I was remembering the shorter time of the step portion of step jump and pump at around 16 minutes when I started cardio and weights step. I was planning extra stretching instead of that long of a cardio workout:oops: Awe well, it turned out well.

Belinda, the hike should go right along with the booty workout ;)

Doreen, I am avoiding areas that I know flood. Hopefully it will be better and I will go to the vets office to pick up frontline next week. Rain and storms last night and more predicted for this evening. The ground is so waterlogged. In the city north of here where we used to live there is a lake with lots of lakes side homes and the water has risen so much they had one home collapse into the lake. We need time for it to soak in and dry up. I think maybe Monday and possibly later Sunday will be rain free. At least so far. Maybe next week we can get some of it dried out. Some years we are wishing for rain and this year we got lots.
It sounds like you had a really active day yesterday. A rest day sounds in order.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.