Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Good morning,

D6 Cardio Flow + SBF UB + 2 mile walk is done. I need to shower and get ready to go grocery shopping.

Diane - I love the flooring in my gym :)

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Reactions: WD
today was Barbell Upper Body live from 1-29-15. I really liked the first part of it with deadrows and clean and presses... Not so much on the isolation work that came after. I think I loaded too much on my bar - I get so confused when she just calls them medium or small. I have to look up again what those are for the bb sets they are using.

Yes- I have about another week of Cathe Live - then I'm ready to move on to something else. All the workout are good - but probably better mixed in with other workouts.

Diane - did you order the DVD or the download?
Belinda - good luck with figuring out how to slide on the floor!

I am getting ready to do another purge on my workout dvd's. I have way to many dvd's, haven't used them in month. I need to let them go :) I will list them if no one on here is interested. I have brand new Beachbody sets Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam, P90, 10 Min Trainer with Tony Horton just to name a few. All sets come with material and original equipments. I also have brand new Barre 3, Pure Barre, Tracey Mallett. I am also have all the Tracie Long workouts. they also new. If you are interested in any, please sent me a pm.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Real Raw Cardio Hiit 2, 36 minutes, heart rate average 142, max 174, 3,305 steps, met 8.0, 278 calories. I then did lite Extended stretch, 31 calories 11 steps. Total time 47 minutes, 309 calories, 3,316 steps. I have to get ready for a business dinner my husband is going to.

Belinda, I would like to put flooring in my workout room instead of having the carpet. I don't think sound would be much of a problem since it is over the garage. I have thought maybe some type of rubberized flooring if that is possible though. We talk about it every so often, but are halfway afraid to pull up the carpet and see what is under there, as there is a ridge that you can feel through the carpet and it feels like a large piece of loose board is under there. I hate when I step on it when exercising and it rattles. I have some dvds that I probably should purge. Most are Beach Body sets that I keep hanging on to, but do not use them. I keep thinking I maybe I might get the urge to. But then better workouts come along that are not so much like the repetitive sets and I lose interest in going back to the older ones. I think you must own way more workouts that I have, and I thought I had a lot. :)

Doreen, I just have been buying the dvds. I ordered Revd Up and Rumble from Amazon and it came today. Pyramid Pump and Cardio Party I had pre-ordered at the last minute and Metabolic Blast I got from Amazon. I seem to start losing interest after a month or so of the live. I like going back after a long enough time so that there are enough new things to peak my interest. The last time I was interested in checking out the Fit Tower Live workouts.

Diane - my gym is in the basement. The flooring isn't cheap, we had to pick one made for a basement. The we have concrete in the basement. The flooring is also water-resistance/mold resistance. I wanted a rubberized floor in the basement at first, after a long talk with DH we decided to go with the vinyl flooring in case we do end up selling the house. Not everyone would like a rubberized floor in the basement, lol. We have a full bathroom in the basement too. For resale it was a better choice going with the vinyl flooring. Plus, it looks amazing. LOVE, LOVE the flooring. Everything I am in my basement, it makes me happy. When we bought the house, the previous owner used the basement for their adult son. We had to replace the carpet in the basement, we had no choice, lol. Brawler ripped up the carpet when we had a bad thunder storm :( He tried to escape into my DH work shop :( Poor thing! Was was so afraid. We need to replace the carpet in the living room, we left it alone when Brawler had trouble on the wood floor/tiles. He was sliding every where. I need to let go off all my workout dvd's since I am not using. No need to hang on. I have to downsize when we move plus I rather to do sooner than later. I also have a lot of Cathe workouts I no longer do, they are to much jumping. If I ever want to revisit a particular workout, I always can stream it.

Good morning,

D8 TB Core is done.I like how she changes things up each week. Today everything was done in 10 reps/3 rounds. That was tough. I have to admit, time flies on those workouts. Doesn't feel like I am work out for an hour.

That's it for me today. I will be back tomorrow. Have a great day and workout.

Well, I traveled to Hong Kong last Wednesday and have been too busy to workout until today. Couldn't post here either, because this forum had my IP address blocked! This site must have had too many Chinese spammers, I suppose. :p

I'm now in Koh Samui with no blocked IP address. It's been busy and I got in about 13-15k steps every day up to this point. Since I was worn out, sore, and injured after being barrelled over by a guy a couple of days ago in the Hong Kong metro, I did Jessica Smith's Balance and Agility from her Walk Strong 2 series. 30 minutes, 172 calories. A nice recovery workout. Today was the first time I did this workout, and I enjoyed it. Exactly what I needed, and no DVD required since I bought a digital copy that resides in my Amazon Prime library. Jessica uses a resistance band in this one. Traveling is pretty much the only time I get to use my resistance band, and I do enjoy Jessica's band workouts.

Have a great day everybody! I'm off to the night market in a couple of hours myself.

Yamabachi - sounds like fun trip! Enjoy the market.

This morning I did Cathe Live Push Pull - excellent workout. Barbell work for the lower body and plenty of back work - which I think she shorts in her other workouts. Its short- 35 minutes to the core section so a very time efficient set up.

I was hoping Kelly would have her Lower Body Pyramid up this morning. I went ahead with Cardio and when I was done the pyramid workout was up so I did it too. Long workout today, but tomorrow will be short because I will be going to ladies game day and brunch in the morning.
I started with Lite Rev'd Up Rumble mish mosh Extreme #1 main with calorie crush twice, once at the start and once at the end, 57 minutes, 425 calories, met 8, heart rate average 134, max 158, 5,454 steps.
I then did Coffey Fit Raw lower body pyramid (ascending) , 40 minutes, met 6.0, 212 calories, heart rate 107 average, max 124, 570 steps. Total time was 97 minutes, calories burned 637. I really liked the Rev'd Rumble workout. It is really pretty easy for the main workout. I tried to ramp it up a bit. It is nice that it is all low impact (except the calorie crush)

Raw Lower Body Pyramid I am glad I stuck with Kellys weights with this. I am sure I will feel it later.
3 sets dumbbells kelly uses 12,15, and 20#
These are done each exercise is repeated through the pyramid 3 times and no rest timed at 30 seconds each set The warm up is short and does the moves without weights There are breaks at the end of each exercise grouping. Still not long.
Squats each pyramid 3 times
12# dbs 15,16,16 reps
15# dbs 13,16,15 reps
20# dbs 11,13,13 reps
break
lunges each pyramid 3 times alternating
12# dbs 12,12,10 reps
15# dbs 12,12,10 reps
20# dbs 11,13,13 reps
break
suitcase deadlifts
12# dbs 10,8,9 reps
15# dbs 8,9,8 reps
20# dbs 8,8,8 reps
break
sumo dead (plie )
uses 1 db
12# db 12,12,12 reps
15# db 11,11,11
20# db 8,10,10
break
reverse lunge alternating
12# dbs 12,10,10 reps
15# dbs 10,10,10 reps
20# db 10,8,8 reps

Belinda, I bet Brawler did have a hard time on the non carpeted flooring. Gertie tries to run and slides. I finally put runners at the bottom of the stairs and between the kitchen and dining room where she tries to sit and wait for a cookie. Otherwise her feet slide out from under. She had to learn to get around on the wood flooring. It was difficult at first. I hope she never has hip problems or anything like that with all of the sliding and running the stairs. We had a Mastiff that used to tear up things whenever there was a storm. We finally learned to put her in the garage. She ate our gate off several times when we were not home when a storm came and she would go around to the front door or neighbors house.
I am glad that you are having so much fun with the workouts ;)

Yamabachi, I hope you were not too messed up after being barreled over by that guy. Are you on business? I never thought of purchasing some workouts digitally on my Amazon Prime account. It would be handy having access to them that way.

Doreen, I love the Push and Pull workouts. They are some of my favorites.

Diane - I also had to put runners through the main level for Brawlers. I still kept them, I have to put them down for ChuChu. Brawler was a pro in maneuvering his K9 cart on the runners :) He had it down. God for bids, the runner was in the right spot, he let me know. My husband build a ramp for Brawler for his K9 cart. Now we are using it ChuChu, this way he doesn't have to walk up those steep steps we have outside. ChuChu also has a hip problem. LOL, about your Mastiff. Brawler couldn't be locked up, he would destroy everything. He didn't like carpets, lol :) He destroyed everyone of them. I had him on meds for thunderstorm, help a little but not much. I only gave him the meds from the vet when I was home. The meds made him drossy. Great job on your workout today. Looks great!

Good morning,

Day 9 LB is done. I will do a nice stretch later today.

Yamabachi - are you on business or visiting? That's a lot of steps you getting in. Which workout is that with the bands? I love digital for that reason. Great job!

The next few weeks I will be busy with work, sorry in advance for the lack of posting my workouts in details. The workouts are longer, which I really enjoy. But it leaves me very little time before work :( BBL!

This morning I did Cardio Boxing LIVE 11-10-16. Just straightforward boxing - some cardio blasts but mostly just boxing. Then some metabolic conditioning which was a cardio blast followed by a compound weight move. Fun stuff - only a couple more days of LIVE for me.

Coffey Fit Raw Step 2, used 2 risers and 1# dbs for the boxing drills and waistline, 40 minutes, heart rate average 149, max 184, 3,705 steps, 9.3 met.

Belinda, nice job on getting to day 9 already. We all have those limited on time days. I hope you are not too overwhelmed with being busy.

Doreen, I was just wondering how much longer you were going to be doing the live workouts. :) I like metabolic workouts for those days when I am constrained on time and want to get a bit of cardio out of the weight work.

Good morning,

Day 10 Cardio is done. Great cardio workout. I modified for the most part in the cardio I still was sweating like crazy. Time went by fast. 70 more workouts to go!

Diane - great job with your workout yesterday. Yes, we all have those limited on time days. I am not overwhelmed with work at all. It's my job :) What makes it harder is taking care of ChuChu right now. I have to take him outside on a leash instead letting him out in the back yard. He is limping, can't walk up stairs.

Doreen - do you plan on another month of Cathe Live? What are your plans?

I will be back later.

Good morning! I did Cathe Live Step from 2-21-19 but stopped after the step portion because I didn't want to lift weights - though it is a good weight section. Then I put in 4DS Higher Intensity step. Its been forever since I've done that one I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it!

I think today is my last day of Cathe Live. I'm trying to decide if I do RAW or try Fitness on Demand or just go back to DVDs for a while. Though I'm now tempted more than ever to try 80 day obsession since you like it so much Belinda!

My workout started with Lite Cardio Party calorie crush time saver, 28 minutes, met 8.0, 202 calories, heart rate 142 average, 164 max, 2,576 steps. I then did Ice Low Impact Sweat Blizzard blast 11 minutes, heart rate average 140, max 166 met 9.5, 1054 steps. I finished off with Ice Low Impact sweat cardio #2 and stretch, 21 minutes, met 8.50, 150 calories, heart rate average 133, max 166, 1,383 steps. Total time was 60 minutes, calroies burned 436, 5,013 steps.

Belinda, I am sure worrying over Chuchu and taking care of him is demanding. I am so glad that Gertie is getting her hair back. Not enjoying giving her the antibiotic. I was able to hide it in her food the first few times. Now I have to put peanut butter on it and pry her mouth open while telling her to say aww LOL Actually once I get her mouth open she sort of gives in and keeps it open. She comes in the kitchen and waits for me to give it to her. I think she likes the pb but not me prying her mouth open.
Nice work on the Obsession workout.

Doreen, I have always liked the two step workouts in the 4 Day Split series. I will be interested in seeing what you choose to do next after Cathe Live.

Yamabachi, I hope you were not too messed up after being barreled over by that guy. Are you on business? I never thought of purchasing some workouts digitally on my Amazon Prime account. It would be handy having access to them that way.

I have a loose shoulder that was dislocated over 20 years ago. If I fall and end up bracing myself with it, it gets screwed up again. Also, I fell on my knees, so those got knocked up too. Still a little sore and unconfident about doing any moves that are higher impact at this point.

I'm on vacation with the hubs. This is his birthday trip. Our ultimate travel target was here in Koh Samui, but since neither of us had been to Hong Kong, we decided to do an open jaw to Hong Kong, and departing from Bangkok.

Amazon Prime has quite a few decent workouts available for "free". Gymra puts out a few, and there are old ones from Gin Miller and Jenny Ford. The only reason why I have the Jessica Smith one in my library is because I had Prime Credit (that you get for not requiring 2 day Prime shipping) that I had to use up. Otherwise, I would not actually recommend buying digital titiles from them because you don't actually own them. If their licensing/marketing agreement changes with the publisher of the content, then that content will get wiped from your account. Also, there is no way to download them (like you can for their digitial music) to your computer to keep - you can only play the content from your account. But definitely check them out for their "free" (included in your Prime membership) content. They have a lot of equipment-free titles that are great for traveling.

Still traveling, so today's workout was a 30 Min Jessica Smith walking video on YouTube. I am also starting the Convict Conditiioning progression for pushups and pullups. So it was 3 sets of 50 wall pushups and 3 sets of 40 vertical pulls. Followed by Jessica Smith's post-workout stretch on YouTube.

The Convict Conditioning system consists of 6 basic bodyweight exercises that progress you to "Apex" moves. For pushups it's a one-armed pushup, and for pullups, it's a one-armed pullup. I'm focusing on pushups and pullups ATM because when I do P90X again, I want my form to be perfect.

The other 4 Apex exercises in Convict Conditioning are the handstand pushup, the bridge from standing (wow, is all I can say about this one), the one-legged squat, and hanging leg-raise.

Good morning,

D11 UB + SBF stretch is done.

Diane - Great job yesterday. How long did you workout yesterday? ChuChu seems to be doing better. I do keep him still, not letting him run around or walk up stairs. Brawler hated taking meds, I always had to rap the med around a slice of cheese. He loved cheese.

Yamabach - i have Amazon Prime. I bought a lot of digital workouts in the past. They are still there. My son owns a lot of digital movies and music on Amazon. We never had our content wiped from your account, even if their licensing/marketing agreement changes with the publisher of the content. You payed for the digital content, you own it. You can download all your digital videos to a device. The free stuff, they may deleted it of your account. Have fun traveling!

I will try to be back later. Have a great day and workout, ladies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.