Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Today I did: SKOGG Intervals 3 + Weider Ruthless Ringside + Day 1 segment from The Firm 5-Day Abs

Diane - You're welcome! I have had Supreme 90 Day for years now and never did a single workout from that set. Looks interesting, though. I might have to motivate myself to give it a try!

Yamabachi - Good job with Weider! I have that series but have no pulled it out in a long, long time!

This morning I did Cathe Live PHA 3. This is a good one. She uses the barbell a lot in this workout which I loved. 3 sets of 6 exercises repeated once before moving to the next set. I went heavier than she did most of the workout - especially on the barbell moves. And I swaped hip thrusts for pile squats in the last grouping.

Good afternoon,

Before I did my workout today, I CleanMax :) Today I did SBF Strong Back + 1 mile walk.

Diane - your workouts yesterday looks amazing. Great job! I totally agree with you on the streaming. It got really interesting on the SBF site. People are asking openly what's going on. Rightfully so,IMO! One girl, got deleted from the group after she posted other streaming sites offer more variety/new workouts posted weekly for the same amount of money SB is charging:) I missed all that yesterday, lol. People saying her steaming is no different than dvd's. The whole reason people sign up to get different workouts. It was getting crazy yesterday. I love SBF and her workouts. But I can't wait for my membership to run out. I will never sign up for a year. Only a month at a time. Why would anyone pay to do the same workouts over and over again? SB Administrators are rude, by deleting people if they don't agree. Very sad! I can't find similar Barre workouts on youtube for FREE :)

I will be back tomorrow.

Reactions: WD
This morning I did Cathe Lite Metabolic Time saver Cardio Crush, 23 minutes, met 8.6, 153 calories, 1,715 steps, heart rate 131 average, 184 max. I followed this with Lite PHA 2 mish mosh extreme #1 6 rounds, 62 minutes, 436 calories, met 8.20, 1,215 steps, and finished off with Lite Extended stretch 11 minutes, 31 calories, 33 steps. Total time was 96 minutes, calories burned 620, 2,963 steps.
PHA 2 weights done as 6 rounds (rnds 1 a and round 1 b are the same and rnds 2 a and 2 b are the same so that is the 4 original rounds then with this mix you do 1 more round of each at the end.
Same weight all 3 rounds unless I point out an adjustment
Round 1 grouping 1 a,b,b in the workout
side to side sumo squats left and right count as 1 rep 20# db 12 reps same all 3
one arm row 2 directions count as 1 reps 20# db 10 reps same all 3
forward leaning glute lunges uses the platform 12# db12 reps
pullovers 15# dbs rnd 1 other two rnds 12# dbs (felt it in my neck and traps)
standing squats 20# dbs
push ups 3ct counts as 1 5 reps (this was not on my workout card)
rear lunges off step 15# dbs 12 reps
close grip bench press 1 rep is a count of 3 presses slow and singles 15# dbs 5 reps
repeat all
second grouping 2a,b,b
side lunge 20# db 12 reps right 12 reps left
biceps curls 15#dbs 12 reps
elevated push dips 12# dbs 12 reps right 12 reps left
side to front lateral raise counts as 1 reps 8# dbs 12 reps
static lunge 20# db 12 reps right 12 reps left
W curl 15# dbs 12 reps
deadlifts 20# dbs 12 reps
lying triceps extension 12# dbs 12 reps (should have used 15's)
repeat all for 2b

Yamabachi, nice work. That looks like it would be a good combination.

Doreen, does that Live PHA workout have two groupings like the Lite one does? I like to use the barbell once in awhile for a change of pace. I used my 20# kettlebell after the first set of side lunges and sumos. It is easier to hold onto than the bulky Bowflex weights. I would have to go downstairs and pick up my 20's if I wanted to use them. My husband uses those and a pair of 40's I got him.

Belinda, if the administrators are trying to hold onto SB's customers, they need to be kind and understanding. Not dump them. Although, I think some people are just plain mean either way. They don't care about feelings, it is all a self motivational thing. If they did what they should do since I gather they were promising things when they made the big change, they should offer refunds and a discount to stay on board. Anyway, I have not had the desire to sign up and commit to workouts for a whole year. Month to month is better.

Diane - no one was mean. I read the post. The girl took a screen shot. Nothing she said was wrong or mean. Just wanted to know about if Susanne will post new workouts. She hasn't in over a year. No workouts and she kinda disappeared at the same time. Even when people ask questions, nothing? When they launched the new website, they promised new workouts. Nothing happened! Susanne was always very active on FB. I agree, from now on I will only sign up month to month. I agree, they should give people a discount/or refund. I tried to cancel my subscription. I payed for an entire year, they wanted to refund me $34 (that's the price for 2 month streaming) I have 9 month left. I was like forget it.

Ouch on SBF streaming service! I never got into barre, but if I did, SBF would have been one I would have tried.

Today's workout: Cathe Legs & Glutes Leg Press Premix + Foam roller and ball work on neck and shoulders.

Yamabachi - Good job with Weider! I have that series but have no pulled it out in a long, long time!

I'm actually enjoying Ruthless quite a bit now that I have decided to stick through the whole recommended rotation. I am about half way done with the calendar. I am not doing them every day, so it will take longer.

At first doing Ruthless was like eating my vegetables, but now I am enjoying them quite a bit. I initially thought the workouts were boring and repetitive, but the repetitions ("Every rep counts, people!") really do bring on the burn. Plus I can just shut down my brain and focus on getting through the pain of the repetitive move until Steve tells me to stop. And it's only 20 minutes! Perfect to tack onto shorter workouts. Pull them out and try them again - you might be pleasantly surprised like I was!

Quick check in. I will have to come back later as I need to shower and pick up my granddaughter from school She has early release today.
My workout today was Ice Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox main + blizzard blast basic mix 4, 63 minutes, met 8.5, 452 calories, heart rate average 139, max 163, 6,045 steps. I used 1# dumbbells till the blizzard blast started.
I then did Icy Core #2 14 minutes, met 4.0 (Cathe has 5 but does not work for me) 50 calories, heart rate average 189, max 111, 53 steps. I used an 8# db and med tension band. Total time was 77 minutes, calories burned 502, 6,098 steps.

Good afternoon,

I did SBF Pretzel (glute) + 3 mile walk.

Diane - nice cal burn today. Enjoy your time with your granddaughter today. I have to break up my cleaning in 3 parts. Everyday I did one floor. It's way to much cleaning in one day.

My kids are coming today. I will probably not be around much this weekend. We shall see! Have a great weekend, everyone.

Belinda, I have never looked at SB's facebook so I have no clue what is said. I know if I had a subscription I would be trying to find answers. I don't blame you for not accepting the refund that they wanted to give you if you went ahead and cancelled. Not fair at all. Enjoy your family visiting :)

Yamabachi, I have heard others talk about Ruthless. I don't have it though. That legs and glutes premix is a good one. I am not a real fan of high rep burning weight work. I do it once in awhile, but not a favorite. I have had more pain from tons of reps light weight workouts than from heavy hard workouts.

Doreen, I hope you are getting in some good workouts in between doing tax work ;)

I am not a real fan of high rep burning weight work. I do it once in awhile, but not a favorite. I have had more pain from tons of reps light weight workouts than from heavy hard workouts.

I usually hate high reps of anything myself. Too boring and burning! But I'm on a kick now on doing the kinds of workouts that I hate the most. For now it's bodyweight work. Next I'm probably going to force myself to do and like pilates or barre.

Workout of the day: Endurance workout from Mark Lauren Bodyweight Training + Weider Ruthless Horizontal Circuit

Yesterday was Live "get Steppin'" and then today was Live Fit Legs.... um - ouch - Fit Legs Live is a killer leg workout. Its 3 exercises back to back to back and then repeat, then 3 new exercises and repeat and 3 new exercises and repeat. It was shorter - 45 minutes total - but that's all it needed to be!

This morning I did a new Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Hiit 2, 36 minutes, heart rate 141 average, max 160, 3,398 steps, 239 calories. This is all high impact moves, each movement pattern is done 4 times before moving to the next. They are timed and there is a couple of towel off get a drink breaks. I then did Ice Muscle Meltdown Triceps, 15 minutes, heart rate average 100, max 128, met 6.5, 210 steps, 86 calories. Total time was 51 minutes, calories burned 325, 3,608 steps.
Triceps 3 giant sets of 12 reps
Overhead extensions 15# dbs
triceps kickbacks 15# dbs
dips body weight
lying extensions 15# dbs
close grip bench press 15# dbs

Busy making a birthday cake for my granddaughter and getting things done so we can run out on a couple of errands today. Birthday celebration tomorrow.

Yamabachi, I take on those workout types that I do not like when my progress seems to have stopped. That usually helps get things moving again. I am like you in figuring that those things I do not like are probably something I need to do.

Doreen, it seems I have done that one. There were several that I did of the live workouts that were so much work that I was not sure I wanted to do them again.

Today I rotated in Jari Love's Get Ripped. It has been years since I dusted that one off and I had totally forgotten what it was like. I think I'm going to enjoy having it in my rotation. She is much calmer and more serious in this one, and her little motivational speeches and advice actually seem motivating and sincere. (As opposed to her constant chatter about carbs and hashtag slogans in her "Extremely" videos)

Today was also fish tank cleaning day. This is a four-hour plus process involving carrying buckets of water down stairs to use to water my plants (I hate waste). It's a 200 gallon tank, and usually I change about 30% of the water. That meant 20+ flights of stairs, according to my Fitbit. :cool:

Yamabachi, we had a huge show tank and 12 others at one time. Cleaning them was an ongoing process. The secondary one was 50 gallon flat back hes shape. Some were salt water and we had a couple of feeder tanks for certain fish. So guppies and gold fish. Then we had have freshly hatched brine shrimp for the sea horses. It was so much work. We bought a special hose that hooked up to a sink and we could drain and fill the tank with water. Still you had to do they hydro clean to get the stuff out of the bottom. We sold the last tank which was the show tank (tall and 150 gallon) fish and all when we moved to this house. I don't really miss all of the work. Plus that many can leave the house smelling like the warehouse that raised a lot of the fish sold in the pet stores.

Today I warmed up with a 1 mile belly blaster walk from Jessica Smith (YouTube), then onto an interval run on the treadmill. Finished off with the post run workout from Yoga for Runners.

Will be traveling to Asia next Wednesday so I assembled my travel workout gear - resistance bands, gliding disks, and various shoes so I can try to squeeze some form of exercise while I am gone for 2 weeks. Cathe always travels with me in the form of Travel Fit and Slide and Glide. I'll probably also see what the hotel gyms have to offer and hopefully YouTube and/or Amazon Prime streaming will work out there for online workouts.

Oh my goodness Diane! That sounds so awesome!

I have that same hose for emptying and filling. There is a sink near the tank, and I had an undersink faucet installed there so I could use an RV hose to fill the tank - its faster filling that way.

We have three tanks - the 200 gallon angelfish tank upstairs, a nano (10 gallon) tank in the bedroom with celestial pearl danios and a 30 gallon hospital tank that I am cycling to put real fish into when I get back from Asia. I'll probably start it out with platys (cheap, easy, and prolific) while I decide what I really want in there.

Good morning,

Sorry for not checking in yesterday. I thought I did :( I been having a lot of headaches for the last few day's. I feel like my head is exploding. I haven't had a sinus headache like this in years. I finally took meds last night. Still woke up with a giant headache this morning.
Good morning,

DH and I started 80DO. Although the workouts are long, I loved it. Thank goodness for the modifier too. The workout It was Day 1 TB Core, 2 sets/15 reps = 60 min. You need 2 sets of DB's and resistance loops. You run through a lot of exercises UB/core once through, than you repeat the set again. I posted the weight Autumn is using.

I will try to catch up later. BBL!

I did the 2018 Glassboro Road Trip upper body and core workout this morning. I liked it - its fun to see everybody! And its a very time efficient workout for upper body.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.