Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Belinda, nice work. It would be tough getting used to having the wearing the trays. I tend to snack and drink beverages all of the time. I will pop a couple of grapes in my mouth when I go in the kitchen. I would go crazy trying to adjust.

Doreen, there were several of the Live step workouts that I really enjoyed and repeated them quite a lot.

This morning I did PHA Plus Cardio Blasts Live. Woah! This was hard! Like taking RWH Plyo Legs and throwing in upper body. Similar to all LIVE workouts she take breaks and I needed them!! I didn't have my notebook with me so I couldn't write stuff down but I would definately do this one again.... if I ever get through the list of LIVE I have marked to try.

Good morning,

5 mile walk + SBF stretching is done.

Diane - you get used to wearing the tray's. I used to snack/drink during the day too. Can't do it anymore. On the bright side, I am losing weight. It's win win situations, lol.

Doreen - did you sign up for a month or longer? Your workout sounds interesting.

That's it for me today. Have a wonderful weekend.

Belinda- I just signed up for a month. Cathe repeats so many exercises in her workouts that after about a month its time to try something else. For example squats + deadlifts have appeared in each metabolic/bootcamp/leg workout I've done so far. Now- those are great exercises and should be done frequently in a rotation to build muscle. But you should also do hip thrusts - and she rarely does them in the live classes or DVDs.... Kelly and other trainers do them...

Doreen - once I am done with SBF, I will only sign up a month at a time. Tried to cancel SBF, they only want to give me 2 month worth of a refund :( That is when I decided, never again. You can switch streaming sites every month if that is what you want to do. Once my subscription runs out, I will sign up for a month Cathe Live. A year is long, lol. Too bad, she repeats those exercises in almost all her Metcom workouts. I agree, she should switch the exercises up. I also want to sign up for a month with KCM.

This mornings workout was Party Rock'n Step #2, 53 minutes, 372 calories, met 7.0, heart rate 143 average, 181 max, 4,552 steps and Coffey Fit Raw Core Movements, 24 minutes, heat rate 93 average, max 121, 79 calories, met 4.5, 161 steps. Total time 77 minutes, 451 calories, 4,713 steps.

Belinda, it would probably benefit me not to be drinking beverages and snacking all day long :) I am anxious for Kelly to get the Lower Body Pyramid workout done. The complaint though with the Upper Pyramid is the long breaks between sets. I do like it though and I can heavy up with the moves and pace. I did abs between some of the sets. She is getting an interesting variety of exercises. I have kept hers for several months now since she is still only charging 6.99 a month and I use a lot of the exercises all of the time.

Doreen, is that the new Live workout? I think I saw something about her doing cardio blasts between for a PHA. I feel the same way with the live workouts. A month or two and it starts feeling like I am doing the same moves over and over and nothing much different, so I quite for awhile till there are new workouts and I feel like I need a change from whatever I am doing.

Today I too a rest day.

Diane - I hear on the snaking and drinking. Sounds like KCM is getting an interesting variety of exercises. I will check her out once my SBF subscription runs out. Today someone ask on the SBF FB page when they will add new workouts. I guess they didn't like what they were reading, the post was turned off. She is making a lot of people not happy with her subscriptions. What a shame!

I will be back tomorrow. Good night, everyone!

Good morning,

This week is my recovery week. I walked 5 miles this morning. I will do a stretch later.

Have a great workout and day, everyone.

Work has gotten quite busy. No workout this morning as i was up early to get some projects finished. I may be a bit MIA for a couple weeks so apologies in advance if I don't get to post everyday.

I spent so much time trying to find my workout sheets for Supreme 90 Day workouts and I couldn't find the chart, but I saw it online. Anyway, I started with Lite Cardio Party time saver mix #2 Blast + Calorie Crush, 32 minutes, heart rate average 149, max 184, met 8.40, 225 calories, 2,900 steps. I then did Supreme 90 Day Back and Biceps , heart rate average 102, max 155, 315 calories, met 6.0, 749 steps. I forgot how tough these are. I hope I did not push too hard. I chose this one to start out without shoulders, but I felt it in my shoulders somewhat anyway. I couldn't find that I had something printed out for Legs though. I made the worksheets when I did this years ago. I loaned them out and only recently had them returned so that may be where the booklet and chart went. It is frigid temps here today. I got up and it was 9 degrees. It froze off what was left of the ice. The rest of the week should be warming up.
Weights today
Each weight grouping is done in a circuit pattern of 3 exercises that are repeated 3 times trying for 8-12 reps
Circuit #1 core
bridges on the ball body weight 15 reps
side plank lifts 15 reps
twist sit up alternating 15 reps
Circuit #2 back biceps
dumbbell alternating arm pullover 15# dbs 9,8,10 reps (counted right and left as 1 rep)
dumbbell plank row alternating 15# dbs 10,10,10 reps (counted right and left as 1 rep)
dumbbell curl in and out (counted this as 1 rep) 15# dbs 10,10,9 reps)
Circuit #3 back biceps
good morning prone press 5# dbs 10,10,10 reps
stability ball diagonal 1 arm pull 15# db 9 reps right then 9 left, second set 10 reps, 3rd set 12# 10 reps each
(I could feel that a bit in my traps)
dumbbell zottman curl 15# dbs 10,10,12 reps
Circuit #4 back biceps
ball reverse hyperextension no weigh 12,12,12 reps
dumbbell bent over row 25# dbs 12,12,12 reps
dumbbell concentration curl (in squat position) 17.5# 12 reps, 22.5# 10,10 reps
Circuit #5 Back Biceps
deadlift bent /over row 25# dbs 8,8,8 reps
1 arm dumbbell bent over row wide 30# 8,8,8 reps
dumbbell alternating hammer curl with a twist 22.5# 8 reps (right and left count as 1 rep)

Belinda, I have not been unhappy with my subscription at all with Coffey Fit Raw. This is the longest that I have kept up with a streaming service. She just put up her March Ripped and Ride. I will check it out soon. Her spin rides are good. She does say that you can use another piece of equipment. The riding portions are longer than on Home Gym Intervals workouts. She does one of the Raw Home Gym Intervals workouts as floor cardio herself. I am starting to wonder if there is something wrong in Suzanne Bowen's life and others are trying to hold things together for her, maybe hoping she will get ready to come back? Just been a thought since it has been awhile and the situation is rather strange since she does not seem able to say anything herself. You know what I mean. It is kind of sad.

Doreen, I had wondered about you and tax season. I am sure that is your busiest time of year.

Diane - your workout looks amazing as usually. Great job! Glad you are happy with KCM subscription. Sounds like she is putting out amazing workouts. I was happy with SBF until she stopped filming last year. I was thinking the same as you about Susanne? Who knows if there is something wrong with her? It's very strange. Someone ask on Sunday if she will put out new workout on FB, the Adm. shut down the thread. She always says the same thing. Sounds like they don't know anything. Very strange to say the least! After a year, she should say Hi or anything to her customers. They all leaving left and right. I think, sooner or later nobody will sign up for her streaming site.

Doreen - check in when you can.

Reactions: WD
Good morning - I did the 1-10-19 Bring It Bootcamp - 43 minutes this morning. 5 rounds of cardio, lower body, upper body and standing core. This one was on the easier side - both for the cardio and the weights.

Trying to get back on the bandwagon. I've been working out, just not keeping up with posting. Still resisting all urges to acquire more DVDs/Streaming services and using what I already have. So far, my March workouts have been:

Mar 1: Abs Yoga section from Bob Harper's Yoga warrior, +Weider Ruthless Lunatic Intervals + Foam Rolling
Mar 2: Butt Bible Upper L2 + Weider Ruthless Fast Slow Burn Circuit + Standing Stretch segment from Tamilee Webb's Beginner Stretch
Mar 3: Cathe Legs and Glutes
Mar 4: (Recovery Day): Leslie Sansone Walk n Kick + Soothe n Stretch Segment from Rodney Yee's Yoga for Energy and Stress Relief

Planned for Today: Ultimate Yogi Vitality

Belinda, I am sure that there will be a lot who cancel their membership with Suzanne Bowen when it comes due. Unless they like all of what is there and don't care if there is more. Since the price had went up, you would think that would also be a reason to expect new workouts.

Doreen, nice work on the Live Bootcamp workout.

Yamabachi, good job getting back into the workouts. Butt Bible ?? who made that one. Such an odd name for a workout. That abs section from Bob Harper's yoga is a good one. I like that yoga workout, but it is so long and have not done it in ages.

Yamabachi, good job getting back into the workouts. Butt Bible ?? who made that one. Such an odd name for a workout.

Thanks!

Butt Bible is an old one from Swedish fitness model Pauline Nordine. It's all high-rep. You can still get it cheaply on Amazon, but someone has also posted it all on YouTube. (See
.) It consists of 3 upper body and 3 lower body workouts (levels 1-3). As the name implies, her "system" focuses on the glutes. She does include some tried and true moves - nothing innovative or new, and you definitely should use heavier weights than she does to make it worthwhile. Level 1 is kind of a joke, but once you get to level 3, you won't be laughing if you keep up with her pace and use challenging weights.

She does have a LOT of commentary in her videos, particularly about butts, and some people might find it offensive. I personally find her comments hilarious. Examples (paraphrasing from memory): "Those people are called 'skinny-fat' - they may look good in clothes, but once they take them off, it's a nightmare!" "Everyone should have a good butt! it's like a human right!" "You might be a poor student with no money, but if you've got a nice piece of a**, you've got everything!" So...not for everyone. :-0

Good morning,

Walk and SBF LB barre is done.

Diane - Butt Bible is from Exercise TV. You can find pretty much all the Exercise TV workouts on youtube. Love youtube. I do own Butt Bible, haven't done it in years. Pauline does talk a lot, I have to mute her :) You can find her workout schedule for the Butt Bible on pinterest/MFP. I will let my subscription run out in Oct. No reason, to sign up for a subscription if she never put out new workouts. I may as well use dvd's instead. Most people sign up for streaming for variety. A lot of people are upset and that with good reasons.

Yamabachi - good job getting back into the workouts. I hear you on resisting to buy more. Use what you already have.

I will try to be back later.

This morning I did Hearts on Fire Live workout from 2/14/2019. Kickbox to warm up, kicking puching combo, then HIIT moves with the mat and then hi/lo inspired by Cardio Party LITE. There is an expectation with streaming that you will get more variety I think. Unless they are professionally produced workouts designed to just be available online. A few services are like that.

Doreen - nice job with your workouts from yesterday and today. I wasn't awake when I posted this morning,lol. You really can't make any $$ just putting out a few workouts and quit. Most streaming offer weekly new workouts. Not too long ago P57 was charting a lot of $$ for just a few workouts on their streaming site, now they have a ton new weekly workouts. Same for Barre 3, lots of new weekly workouts.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Step 2, 40 minutes, met 8.3, 294 calories, 3,655 steps, heart rate average 150, max 185. I wore 1# gloves for the last part with boxing and standing abs. I then did Supreme 90 Day Core Dynamics, 31 minutes with the warm up and stretch that I am already getting tired of, 125 calories, met 4.7, heart rate average 95, max 157, around 333 steps as I forgot to turn on the Fit bit at the start. I ended with Cathe Lite stretch 2, 11 minutes, 3.5 met, 31 calories. Total time was 81 minutes, 450 calories. PHA came before I started, but since I did legs yesterday and have some mild soreness, I thought it best to wait till tomorrow.
Supreme 90 Day Core Dynamics each move done for 30 seconds in groups that are circuits
circuit #1
roll up to standing
curls 10# db
knee to elbow
plank rotation 5# dbs
standing marching with alternating overhead press
circuit #2
sit up with a twist 10# db
fore arm side plank punch out 5# db
plank twist body weight
plank extend arm body weight
standing swing through 15# db
Circuit #3
forearm plank jacks
db seated twists 10#
side plank lifts
supreme crunch alternating
standing clean and press alternating db 10#
circuit #4
forearm plank punch up 5# db
plank tap thigh alternating
V up
forearm plank leg lift
standing squat to overhead reach both arms

Yamabachi, those workout look interesting. Thanks for posting a link.

Belinda, I start losing interest in the streaming after I have done the workouts for awhile. I like starting Cathe's back up after she adds some new ones. It is like having a whole batch of new workouts gifted to me at once :)

Doreen, yes, I think streaming it is expected to see new workouts regularly. On Demand is more like getting access to dvds like Cathe does, so it would only grow when new workouts are produced for sale I guess.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.