Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Diane Sue - thank you! I hope it kicks in quickly too. Hate taking it. Glad you had fun with your friends. How does Cathe's Lite Cardio Party compare to her other workouts?

Belinda, I felt like I got a good amount of steps and it really felt less intense than a lot of them because there was not jumping around the room. Boxing combos with some hi/lo which was pretty light. I liked it. It felt maybe a bit more steady state as far as cardio. Maybe Doreen has thoughts?

This morning I started with Coffey Fit Raw Boxing and Drills, 29 minutes, heart rate average 134, max 170, 2,340 steps, met 5.8, 187 calories. I then did Lite Pyramid Lower Body Time saver from the Pyramid dvd, 233 calories, 48 minutes(45 actual) met 4.7, heart rate 112 average, 141 max, 1,263 steps. I finished with Lite extended stretch #1, 13 minutes, 36 calories, met 2.5. Total time was 90 minutes, calories burned 456 calories, 3,603 steps. I really was feeling this lower body workout in the hips today. That is why I added the extra stretch.

Pyramid Lower Body 5 sets each exercise 12,10,8,10,12 reps I went heavier than what they used.
Rear slide lunges 10,12,15,12,10# dbs
Step Ups 10,12,15,12,10# dbs
side slide lunges 12,15,20,15,12 # DB
elevated lunges 10,12,15,12,10# dbs
sliding cross back lunges 10,12,15,12,10# dbs
deadlift 10,12,15,12,10 # dbs
calf raises 12 # dbs 30 reps, 15# dbs 25 reps, 20# dbs, 20 reps, 15# dbs 15reps, 12# dbs 30 reps

This morning I did JS 2 mile Power walk. I also did SBF Butt Lift.

Diane Sue - is she using different and new moves? Thanks for the info! Great job Coffey Fit Raw Boxing and Drills.

Belinda, no real new moves on the Pyramids or cardio party. Things are sequenced a bit different. Different music. Thanks for posting the link.

Belinda, I felt like I got a good amount of steps and it really felt less intense than a lot of them because there was not jumping around the room. Boxing combos with some hi/lo which was pretty light. I liked it. It felt maybe a bit more steady state as far as cardio. Maybe Doreen has thoughts?
Yes. My impression of Cardio party was the steady state of a walking workout like Jessica Smith kicked up a notch. Lots of steps easy to follow combos like v steps forward and back, mambos and cha-chas, boxing etc. The step add-on is fun too. I MAX without all the "I".

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Diane Sue - although Cathe new workouts look like fun, I am glad I canceled. Looking at the detailed reviews it doesn't look like there is anything new. My friend ordered the new series, she is out of town. Eventually I will give them a try. Looking at the ab review, reminds me of SBF barre abs. She does a lot of planks. I still have SBF subscription, she does have very good stretches on her site.

Doreen - my impression of Cardio Party was the same. I don't think there is anything new. Things are sequenced a bit different. Nothing really new.

Belinda - I've come the the conclusion that I have done enough workouts that nothing is "new". :) Its just put together differently, with different music or a different instructor or different set or something. So I just go by whether I enjoy the music or instructor or set and if I think it will help me reach my goals or if the workout is just fun.

I did Stacked Upper Body this morning. This one is put together almost like a giant set - 7 exercises for a body part and then repeated. I used more weight than the crew on this one. Not much back work so I added X Train Burn Set Back after because the Pyramid pump back was exercises that were already in Stacked Upper Body.

Vegas was fun. We did a lot of walking just up and down the strip so I certainly got my steps in even though I didn't do any formal workouts.

Reactions: WD
I am back. Just finished L4 Round 2 shoulders

SS #1
Lateral Raise: 8's
Shouler Press: 15's
HiiT: Soccer Runs

SS #2
Front Raise: 8's
Shoulder Flies: 8's
HiiT: Catchers

SS #3
Y Front Raise: 8's
Upright Rows: 10's
HiiT: Squat Jumps - I did on my rebounder to take out the high impact.

Abs: 3 sets/30 seconds
Alternating Leg Twists
Rope Climbs
Plus a bonus 30 seconds of Alternating Leg Twists

Doreen - LOL, I agree :) Nothing new! Don't give me wrong, I think the new workouts look good. It just doesn't make any sense to me to buy more of the same stuff since I am downsizing my collection,IMO! Like I said, I will give them a whirl once my friend comes back next week. I agree, do whatever helps you reach your goal :) Have fun!

I also did Susanne Bowen Fitness (SBF) Upper body 8. Lots of plans. Thank goodness, it was a short workout. I also did Leslie Swanson (LS) 1 mile walk. That's it for me today. Have a Orthodontist appointment. Need to get ready. BBL!

I did Kelly Coffey Train Like a Contender (TLC) Premix Coffey Fit Blend alternating both conditioning and boxing, 47 minutes, 306 calories, met 5.9, heart rate average 132, max 173, 3,776 steps. I then did Lite Cardio Party Hi/Lo only premix, 24 minutes, 154 calories, met 5.8, heart rate average 130, max 161, 2,042 steps. I finished with Lite abs #1, 10 minutes, 35 calories, met 3.2, 93 steps. Total time was 81 minutes, 495 calories, 5,911 steps.

Doreen, you can do lots of walking in Las Vegas :) I remember thinking we would walk to a show from our hotel and it really did not look that far till I tried to walk it in heels. I soon learned to make sure I was wearing walking shoes. When I was there with my daughter we used a lot of those moving walkways that have been added. Yes, I agree, there are not a lot of different moves and types of workouts. Fads come and go I guess. I would be hard for an instructor to find the perfect new move. It does seem that the new workouts are lighter weight, but faster paced?

Belinda, I agree, fitness is only when it is fun. I am not willing to torture myself from something that I am quickly bored with.

Belinda, I agree, fitness is only when it is fun. I am not willing to torture myself from something that I am quickly bored with.[/QUOTE]

Diane Sue - that's exactly how I feel :D Great job on the KCM. I have that workout, haven't done it yet, lol.

Belinda, you should try it some time. It is somewhat different from regular just kickboxing. There is practically no impact and you sure feel your legs in some of the conditioning. I guess the arms and shoulders too. There is a boxing workout and a conditioning workout. I like both together so you get the break of alternating between the two. The music is a better on this one to me. Some on one part is kind of a reggae island sort of beat to it. :)

I did LITE rev'd up rumble and cardio crush this morning. It's a fun workout. The cardio drills are different than other of her kickbox workouts. I think this one is easier than Ice kickbox workout.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

L2 W2 R2 day 4 Hiit is done. I also walked 2 miles.

Diane Sue - I will try them sometimes. I have to wait until I am done with L4 before I can do the weight workouts. So far, everyone seems to like the new workouts. They did complaint about the music. Not a deal breaker for me. Once I am familiar with the workout I play my own music.

Doreen - good job this morning.

This morning I wanted to make up for some of the weight workouts I skipped this week while playing with what I have of the Lite series. I started with Raw Back side Front side, 57 minutes, heart rate average 102, max 133, 1,282 steps, 252 calories, met 4.0. I then did Lite Cardio Party cardio crush, 15 minutes, met 6.2, 109 calories, heart rate average 143, max 159, 1,477 steps. This has 4 step cardio segments that repeat like I max with 4 blasts. Two of those blasts contain jumping on and off the step multiple times. I finished off with Kelly Coffey Body Design yoga flow 14 minutes, met 2.5, 39 calories, heart rate average 100, max 122. Total time was 86 minutes, 387 calories, 2,805 steps.
Back Side Front Side 10 reps per exercise each body part is done 2 times
back side
Back
reverse fly 15# dbs
alternating step back row 15# dbs
BSS 15# dbs
Repeat no rest
Triceps
one arm kickbacks 12# db
standing cross body triceps extension 12# db
suit case deadlifts 25# dbs
Legs
plie squats (second set has pulses) 25# db
calf raises 25# dbs 10,10,10 reps toes straight, toes in, toes out
Low back (bench)
supermans
frog legs
Low back
good mornings 15# db
plank wipers
Front side
arnold press 15# dbs
dumbbell front raise 15# db
Chest
chest flies 15# dbs
dumbbell press 20# dbs
quad presses 3# ankle weights seated on bench varying angles more reps
Biceps
21's 15# dbs
supinated curls 15# dbs
side lunges 15# db first set 15# dbs 2nd set
Abs
pulse crunch
reverse curls
supinated curls 15# dbs

Belinda, I just don't purchase workouts and not try them right away. That is just the way I am. Now, if it was extremely difficult or I did not care for it, it might sit for a long time before I decide to give it another try. Some workouts grow on me when I go back and do them again. Kind of like the Fit Split workouts. I was pretty disappointed at first, other than I liked the abs. More challenging :) Good job on the workout today.

Doreen, was the cardio crush on the Rev'd up and Rumble workout more intense?

Diane Sue - usually I them them right away! Last few years, I had my share on injuries, so I couldn't do high impact. Like the Fit tower dvd's (?) I just can't get into them. Had a feeling they were not right for me :( should have listen to my instinct. At the time, they all sounded great, lol! Once I had them, I had no interest on doing them. The new workouts sound great. Glad you guys enjoy them. I will try them out, but will not buy them, lol. I really don't want to put them on the shelf next to all the others. I need to go through my stash first.

Diane - The Rev'd up Rumble cardio crush was more intense than the ICE series Blizzard Blast I think... more plyo moves like Air Jacks. But its been a while since I did the ICE Blizzrd Blast so my memory is fuzzy.

This morning was Stacked Sets Lower Body. I loved this one. With only 35 minutes before the stretch there is a lot packed in. Lots of great leg move combos like from a squat to a side lunge or a lunge to a curtsy lunge. Then I did 10 minutes of Cardio Party to get some steps and flush out the lower body muscles.

Good morning,

My friend came over this morning, we did Cathe LITE Cardio Party. The workout was fun, nothing new. This workout reminds of a step workout without a step. My friend wanted to add the calorie crush on the end, I skipped it. I felt very sick through my stomach. I will do a Susanne Bowen stretch later when my stomach settles.

The antibiotics I am on upsetting my stomach really bad. I feel very nauseous all day long. My doc insist I stay on it. Yesterday I had a follow up appointment. He gave me some meds for the nausea. Haven't taking it yet, it's the same meds they give to cancer patients for the nausea. I am suppose to take the antibiotics for 2 weeks.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. That's it for me today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.