Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

This morning I did all Les Mills workouts. I started with Les Mills Training Cardio #1 (these are do at your own pace workouts as you do the timed moves) They suggest these before you try the Grit workoutso_O I swear this was tough enough. It did a bit of everything, plyo, balletic balance moves like it the barre work, body weight strength, running in place, drills. Way too many burpees, bear crawls all over the place, and plank moves with push ups and knee ins. I don't think it was good for my neck and shoulders. This was 43 minutes, 280 calories, met 5.9, heart rate 121 average and 160 max, 1,950 steps.
I then did Body Pump short lower #99, met 4.6, 112 calories, 507 steps, 15 minutes of solid movements with very little break, does include the weighted warm up and a brief stretch, the squat track is about 5 minutes and the squat lunge track is another around 5 minutes. I used a 35# barbell, but my shoulders were not liking it so I picked up 15# dumbbells. It was the usual Body Pump moves with a different music track sequence. I love the music in Les Mills workouts. It keeps me going. I finished with Les Mills Body Flow yoga 15 minutes, met 2.0 33 calories, 14 steps. Total time was 80 minutes 425 calories, 2,471 steps. I want to try one of the barre workouts as they claim to include strength using some weights and some cardio which I figure is probably like some of what they did on the Les Mills training workout.

Belinda, you can probably just check out Cathe on demand and pick and choose which you might like. Although I guess you would not have the premixes. Then again you could just do the chapters that you want to do. I have done that many times with workouts.

Good work Diane Sue! If all that is in Training Cardio 1 and Grit is harder- woah!!

Belinda- Hope you are enjoying your vacation!

This morning was Fit Body Challenge, Sweat and Burn. a 40 minute cardio workout. Very fun - she does such a great job with choreography.

Reactions: WD
Doreen, I get the impression that grit is much faster paced and not so much work at your own level and pace. Nice workout today. I wish I could have got something in. I will be back at it tomorrow. I saw Kelly has 3 more workouts coming out.

Diane Sue... I am going to have to try LM sometime. They sound challenging.

This morning I did P10 Cardio Strength fat blaster. My general plan is to use the Fit Body Challenge rotation calendar but use all the peak 10 workout series options. Though they all have the same format maybe that will keep me in the rotation longer.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

This morning I did Les Mills Body Step on Demand Express #112, 38 minutes, met 5.5 (surprising), 231 calories, 2,370 steps, 119 average heart rate, 152 max. I wish when they break the workouts down to shorter versions they let you know when equipment is changed. They had started with the step vertical and I found myself still trying to do a turn and over the step move vertical and having difficulty and then when the gave a shot back of their steps they had turned it horizontal. I then did Les Mills Barre 2 (part of it). This was ballet type moves that built in intensity and each group of moves was increased in speed before moving on. It was pretty active and they piked up light weight plates ( I used 3# and a 5# dumbbell for this) She did upper moves with the ballet type moves. Then she hit the last part that was a variety of the moves with spins and dance type moves. I was losing my direction and balance so quit. It was not what I had hoped. This was 25 minutes, met 5.0, 139 calories, heart rate 109 average, 148 max, 778 steps. I followed this with Coffey Fit Raw Core Moves with the stability ball, 24 minutes, met 3.0, 79 calories, heart rate average 91, max 111, 188 steps.
I finished with Les Mills Short Body Flow 17 minutes, met 2.0, 38 calories. This one was kind of blurry, I think because the set had big lights behind them and when it would move down to the floor the lights bounced off the camera. Not as great a stretch as the other two I have done. 486 calories, 1 hr 45 minutes.

Doreen, those sound like they would be good to put into a rotation like that. I saw Kelly put some rotations out for the Raw workouts as well as her dvds. I think I would be adding to them though. I am not much of one to workout for only 30 minutes or so a day.

New #184
Today I did Les Mills Sprint just added workout on my spin bike, 33 minutes, 223 calories, 6.71 miles, heart rate average 126, max 160. I really loved this. I like the music and they switch instructors for each track who are really motivational. I like the countdown timers for each track and which track number it is on the screen. I will be doing more of these. :)

This morning I did Peak Fit Pure Strength 1. 50 mintues, 306 calories. This one uses bands and dumbells. Even though its supposed to be pure strength the workout moves along and it feels pretty metabolic - just no cardio intervals.

I started with Coffey Fit Raw Real raw workout, 41 minutes( a bit longer because I wrote things down) , 203 calories, heart rate average 99, max 141, 1,005 steps. I then did Les Mills on Demand Combat and Core #1, 48 minutes, 3,292 steps, met 5.9 312 calories, heart rate average 129, max 166 I was surprised that there was no stretch on this one. I guess I have been adding a short yoga from Les Mills though or doing a workout with yoga incorporated.
Total time 89 minutes, 515 calories burned.
I loved the Real Raw workout. Kelly warms up with ropes and non weighted squats. I just did my own moves and breaks with the squats to warm up. she uses 12.5# and 5# dbs, a 15,20,and 30# kettlebell along with a bench. Great music!
warm up times I think 30 seconds?
12.5# db (I used 15#) 1 arm db rows quick paced all on the right then all on the left
20# kettlebell 1 arm rows all right then all left
12.5# db ( I used 15#) 1 arm curl all right then all left
15# kettlebell 1 arm curls all right then all left
Bench 2 sets bench press 12.5# dbs (I used 15#dbs)
15# kettlebell single arm bench press (kelling is singing along with Nothing but a good time :) )
body weight squats with knee up
15# kettlebell squat
20# kettlebell squat
squat knee turn turn
boxing side to side punch center punch
5# dbs side to side punch
repeat boxing no weight and 5# boxing
Kettlebell swings 15#, 20#, 30# (mine is 30.8 ), then 15# american swings
Bench triceps extensions 12.5# dbs (me 12#)
15# kettlebell lying triceps extension with leg extension
20# kettlebell lying triceps extension with leg extension
30# kettlebell lying extension
lateral raise kelly 12.5# (me 10#dbs) 2 sets
20# kettlebell alternating hand upright row 2 sets
boxing hooks then speed hooks
upper cuts then speed upper cuts
single leg deadlift (scales I think is what Kelly calls it) 15# kettlebll, 20# kettlebell, 30# kettlebell
abs on bench 15# kettlebell get ups 2 sets
sit ups with 15# kettlebell this is better on the floor as my bench is long enough to have my feet out in front of me .

I am here late and really need to head to bed. It has been a busy day and I had a wonderful surprise when I left to pick up my granddaughter from school and came home there was a Christmas tree set up in my living room all lit up with a beautiful ribbon sash around it. My older daughter had slipped in with it and set it up while I was gone. I had told her we hadn't got one yet.

Doreen, I like when I feel like I got more of a metabolic workout out of my weights. Nice workout and I like that it uses bands too. The Les Mills workout I did today did some band work in the core segment with the foot in the handle loop kneeling and doing some push outs with the tubing and arms. Quite different than what I have done before.

Good job Diane Sue - I am on break from Raw but that one looks like a good one to do once I subscribe again. The LM cycle sounds fun too - would keep it interesting to switch leaders each song!

This morning I did Fit Body Challenge Cardio Interval Burn. I do like this one but it will take me a couple more times to get the choreography. I even watched the moves breakdown first and still didn't get two of the moves.

This morning I did Les Mills RPM #78, 44 minutes on the spin bike. My bike gave me 408 calories. I used Map My Fitness which gave me 302 calories, met 5.8 which I think was the most accurate as the Fit Bit gave me 190 :rolleyes: 11.11 miles. This never gives me a lot of steps, as I got in 1419. I then did Les Mills Body Flow #80 strength (yoga) 37 minutes, met 2.2 90 calories. Total time 84 minutes, 392 calories. I am tired today. Not enough sleep. I got a little over 5 hours since I went to bed so late and then was woke up at 5:30.
RPM 80 had 8 tracks varying from 4 minutes to 7 minutes final less than 3 minutes.
1. Pack ride
2. Pace
3. Hills
4. Mixed terrain
5. Intervals
6.Speed Work
7. Mountain Climb
8. Ride home/ stretch

Doreen, I was that way a bit with one of the Les Mills Step. They do not always have the camera angle where I can see what they are doing and then they had turned the step and I am thinking if I had known that I would not have been as uncomfortable trying to end up in the right place on the step. I know now to watch close. I think since it was a shorter one, they had made a cut and just started out with the step the other way.

I have to run errands today. We are expecting ice and then snow coming in particularly Friday and Saturday. This morning I did Les Mills Body Step #111(messed up and did a bit of Express 112 which I realized I had done before and had to go back and find my workout which altered the 54 minute workout and made it longer) Workout was 71 minutes, met 6.0 470 calories, heart rate average 138 max 166, 5,587 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw 6/60 abs and push ups workout, 12 minutes, met 3.0, 40 calories,31 steps. Total time was 83 minutes, 510 calories, 5,617 steps

This morning I did Fit Body Challenge Cardio Core Crush. This is the first one that I didn't absolutely love. I didn't hate it either. The cardio moves were fun - the core moves were ok.

Me again! Belinda - I hope you are having a great time on vacation!

This morning I had to talk myself into my workout!! Just one of those mornings! My FBC rotation said Cardio Strength Version 1. I tried to use 20# for the heavy dumbell circuits but had to drop to 15# so then I just kept it at 15#. I ran out of time to finish the final cardio section but at least I did it!

Today I did Kelly Coffey's Sculpting RX workouts 1 and 2 combined, 60 minutes, met 4.7, 310 calories, 1,464 steps, heart rate 112 average, 154 max. I then did Les Mills Body Flow flexibility (there are strength ones too) yoga skipping the meditation so it was 27 minute, 70 steps, 60 calories, met 2.0. Total time was 87 minutes, 370 calories. I have my 4 year old grandson here today. He is running a fever.

Doreen, I did not go quite as heavy as usual today on my workout. With all of the shoulder and neck issues and a terrible headache that hit for awhile yesterday, I did not want to push it too hard. There are just days like that. I wasn't even sure at first I was going to get the workout in since I showered first thing and went to the store to get some things before my grandson got here. He didn't arrive as early as I expected so I got the workout in.

Diane Sue - Good job though. Once I shower I don't even want to think about working out.... I hate to take 2 showers in a day!!

This morning was FBC Sweat and Burn Cardio. This was 40 minutes - and only one peak interval at the very end. This one is fun - which I needed this morning because I was dragging again. I also had gone to the thrift store while my daughter was at volleyball practice last night and found several pairs of cute workout capris and leggings. So between a fun workout and fun new leggings I made it happen!!

Good evening,

I just got home. DH and I had a lot of fun in Miami. DH and I worked out daily. We walked almost 5 to 6 miles every day. We also finished L4 Week 4 D1, D2, D3, D4. Today was our rest day, since we had to fly home.

I will try to catch up on personals. I am tired.

Belinda welcome back! Good job finishing LIFT with your husband!

This morning I did Cardio Strength Remix. Oh boy did it feel hard. But really fun music.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

I realized we had not started a December Check in. This morning I did Les Mills on Demand body pump #105, 60 minutes, met 4.2. 278 calories, 1,174 steps, 106 average heart rate, 142 max. I followed this with Coffey Fit Raw Stretch first 15 minutes, met 2.0, 33 calories. Total time was , 75 minutes, 311 calories.
I was going to put the rundown of the tracks, but I can only see the list on the television on details. They are not there when I pull it up on the computer. There is no time to write through the workout. I mainly used 30# barbell and 25# barbell along with 15# dumbbell, 10# weight plate, and some 5# dumbbells for mac raise.

Belinda, nice to have you back. Nice job on getting the workouts in. Your vacation sounds wonderful :)

Doreen, that is so much fun to get some different workout clothing to wear. Was today's workout from the same set that you have been doing?

Hi everyone,

today I did a BC workout from youtube. I am dragging today.

Good job on your workouts everyone.

BBT! It's so cold outside.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.