Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

This morning I went to the park for the squishy playground surface. I did Mixed Impact Cardio and then the Peak Fit Challenge Anytime Anywhere workout. It's designed to be done just using a picture card. I wasn't sure what to expect from it but it's her normal style of workout. I'm not sure it would be the same just following a workout diagram.
I see Michelle Dozios has a new workout released. Vol 4 of her Bodyfit 360 - looks like a dance workout. I like her Peak Fit style but I'm not sure about a dance workout.

Doreen, I never liked book workouts or mag a zine workout following a picture. I dont think I would be too enthusiastic. I would have to see the dance workout to decide on that one. I bet the squishy playground was good for mixed impact cardio :)

Diane Sue- I really don't like written workouts either.... except weights (like these instagram ones I've been doing where you make it intense by using heavy weight). But its funny because magazine workouts were how I started!! I would check out Shape from our dorm office and then make copies of the workouts to do at the student center gym!!

And speaking of, this morning was an instagram workout: I used 25# and 30# for all the exercises. 50 minutes and 365 calories.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Tabata Barbell Dumbbells, 47 minutes, 233 calories, average heart rrate 100, max 142, met 4.5, 765 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Stretch, 28 minutes, 62 calories. Total calories 295, 75 minutes. I have a lot to get done and have my grandson here today. I liked the Tabata's and next time some moves I may just use dumbbells where I want heavier or lighter.
Coffey Fit Raw Tabata Dumbbells
you can use either Barbell or dumbbells Kelly uses a bar throughout and a bench her weight was around 33 # I used 35. She does drop the weight down after some of the moves
This is 20 on 10 off 8 sets for each body part
Squats 35# barbell 4 sets with bar on shoulders, 4 sets from the floor
Bentover Rows 35# barbell 4 sets underhand, 4 sets overhand
bench press 35# barbell 4 sets standard and 4 sets wide
deadlifts (I like her form pointers) 8 sets I used 35# barbell for 5 rounds and 25# dumbbells for the last 3 rounds
upright row alternated with overhead press 35# barbell upright row dropped to 15# dumbbells for overhead press 8 sets
bicpes curls 35# barbell 8 sets Kelly drops the weight down near the end
Triceps skull crushers 35# barbell 8 sets (Kelly kept her bar at the lowered weight I think 25#)
bridges using the bench with barbell on hips I used 35# Kelly used the lower weight 8 sets

Doreen, I have done a few workouts from Muscle and Fitness Hers and a Rachel Cosgrove book that I have. I have looked to workout dvds to put together similar rotations and used the dvds because I do not enjoy the written out workouts. I suppose if you were going to a gym it would be handy to have pictures or written workouts though.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Just Step 25 minutes, heart rate average 136, max 159, 161 calories, met 5.8, 2,183 steps. I followed this with Ice Low Impact sweat workout 2 skipping the warm up , 22 minutes, heart rate average 128, max 159, met 5.9, 144 calories, 1,385 steps. Total time was 47 minutes, 305 calories. I had my appointment for the thyroid ultrasound and dexa scan this morning.

Belinda, the walks are probably better for the knees and walking with your daughter probably gives someone to talk to and relieve some sadness.

Diane Sue - the walking does feel better on my knees, plus I enjoy walking with my daughter. We talk the entire time. Time flies. Once DD goes home, we will continue with our walk, we will talk on the phone :) Good job on KCM Raw. Is that one on YT? What's wrong with your thyroid? Hope your appointment went well.

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

DD and I did another long walk this morning. DH and I are going to stay with Aleisa for a few day's. We probably will come back Saturday.

Doreen - you really enjoy those workouts. Good for you.

I will try to be back later.

Good Idea Belinda to keep walking on the phone together!! You will enjoy!

Diane Sue - I'm doing my workouts outside for the summer and have found I like these and don't have to worry about moving the portable DVD player in and out and be able to see the screen correctly in the sun. I also have Rachel Cosgrove's book. The workout plan looked good but I just can't stick to a program that is workout A then wait and day and Workout B and rotate those for 4 weeks.....

This morning I went to the park and did Peak Fit- Pure Cardio. Its pretty kickbox inspired but also some hi/low type cardio. 50 minutes total.

Today's workout was Coffey Fit Raw Kettlebell Kickbox Fusion, 32 minutes (27 actual), heart rate average 125, max 157, 204 calories, 1,667 steps. I followed this with Coffey Fit Raw Home Gym Intervals #1 , 29 minutes, 190 calories, heart rate average 126, max 152, 190 calories, 1,718 steps. I used the spin bike for this today. I thought about doing it from my tablet and using the tread climber. Maybe next time. I finished off with a Sarah Beth youtube yoga 15 minute post workout cooldown, 33 calories. Total time was 76 minutes, 427 calories burned.
Kettlebell Kickbox Fusion Kelly used 20# kettlebell, 15# dumbbells, and 3# dumbbells for kickboxing
2 rounds each group of moves I adjusted the weights so not all were 15's for me after yesterdays weight workout
side to side squats with curls 12#dbs
boxing 3# dbs
kettlebell double hand swings 20#
repeat
deadlift/row/high pull 12# dbs
boxing upper cut switch feet 3# dbs
alternating kettlebell swings 20#
repeat
dumbbell kickbacks lunge back 12# dbs
boxing hooks high hook low 3# dbs
figure 8's 20# kettlebell
repeat
push ups
sit up punches and hooks 3# dbs
2 rnds

Belinda, I remember you saying that you and your daughter talk on the phone when she is not there to walk with. That is great. hav

Doreen, it wasn't too bad when I used dvds to put together a workout A and B. I did work in the kettlebell warm up stuff. I just cannot set and look through a book. Once you have done it for awhile you pretty much know what comes next, but I like something that is kind of timed out for me. I found it tedious. :) I think tomorrow will be just cardio with some core. Kelly does not have many just cardio workouts on her Raw workouts yet. I have already done the Just step one 3 times and cardio crush once along with Tatum Coffey's hi/loworkout.

Hi everyone,

I walked for over an hour this morning.

Diane Sue - DD and I have done the walk/talk on the phone before. It's a great way to get your steps in for the day. Like the looks of your workout today. Is that a dvd? Great job!

Doreen - DD and I walked/talked on the phone before. We do enjoy it. Are there any other people working out at the park? That sounds like a lot of fun. WTG!

i will be back tomorrow.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw kickboxing and olympic lifts, 47 minutes(taking notes), 311 calories, heart rate average 129, max 171, 3,175 steps. I followed with Coffey Fit Raw Core Moves 25 minutes, 93 calories, heart rate average 98, max 131.
Coffey Fit Raw Kickboxing and Olympic Lifts 44 minutes Kelly uses 20# dumbbells and her co-host uses a 33# barbell
Kick box
Deadlift/high pull 35# 2 sets 8 reps
Kickbox
Clean from the hip 2 sets 8 reps
Kickbox
Clean only 2 sets 8 reps
Kickboxing
Push press 2 sets 8 reps
Kickboxing Full clean and press 4 reps 2 sets
Kickboxing followed by stretch

Belinda, nice job on the walk this morning :) Our park seems walks here by us are meant for walkers and cycling trails. I told my husband this morning that I wouldn't mind taking Gertie walking if there wasn't so many other people out there doing the same thing. I would spend most of my time worrying about saying hi to neighbors or dragging Gertie to the other side of the street to avoid her wanting to check out the neighbors dogs. I have done it with my granddaughter though as she loves taking Gertie for walks.

Good job this morning Diane Sue! I did Body Revolution 10 this morning and then walked for 50 minutes around the park at my daughter's soccer practice. Body Revolution 10 is supposed to be Pull day but it felt more like total body. Lots of jumping in this one.

Good morning,

Yesterday I took a rest day. Today DH and I went hiking around Murphy's Farm overlooking the Shenandoah River. We also took our other dog Chu Chu with us. He is beat. It was a little over 3 miles.I will do a stretch later.

Diane Sue - our neighborhood is pretty quit. Once in a while you see someone talking their dogs. We usually walk very early in the morning. Evening is a mother story. You see more the dogs are outside.

Have a great Sunday, everyone.

Good morning,

DH and I walked 60 min early this morning, I also did Jessica Smith 2 in 1 YT weight workout. That's it for me today.

Doreen - great job with that walk yesterday.

Great job everyone.

I just finished a workout. Surprised I was able to force myself upstairs when it is 83 degrees up there right now. I did Coffey Fit Raw Weights Circuit #1, 34 minutes, (28 actual) , 105 average, 141 max, 140 calories, 801 steps. I followed it with Coffey Fit Raw Upper Finisher 16 minutes, (13:55 actual) , 93 calories, heart rate average 101, max 136, 256 steps. Total time 50 minutes, 233 calories.
Weights Circuit #1 (5 rounds) timed) kelly uses 12.5 dbs, 7# dbs, 25#DB, 35# barbells also a bench
Rnd #1

flys 12.5# dbs
skull crusher 12.5# dbs
pledges 12.# dbs
overhead press alternating 12.5# dbs
alternating row from floor 25# DB
kickbacks 8# dbs
deadlifts 35# barbells
squat deadlift 35#
Rnd #2
same as round #1 except skips the overhead press and does lateral raise with 8# dbs
Rnd #3
bench press 12.5# dbs
tate press 12.5# dbs
double hammer curls 12.5# dbs
shoulder press 12.5# dbs
underhand row 35# barbell
kickstand deadlift 35# barbell
dead/squat 35# barbell
Round #4
bench press 12.5#dbs
tate press 12.5# dbs
alternating lateral raise from behind 8# dbs
alternating row from the floor 25# db
kickstand deadlift 35# barbell
squat 35# barbells
Rnd #5 (short)
flys 12.5 dbs
alternating row from floor 25# db

Coffey Fit Raw Upper Finisher (3 rounds done twice each) kelly uses 15's and 10's 30 second rounds
13:55 minutes

curls 15# dbs
lateral raise 10# dbs
dips off bench
repeat
hammer curls 15# dbs
upright rows 15# dbs
kickbacks 10# dbs
repeat
supination curls alternating 15# dbs
alternating front raise 10# dbs
overhead triceps extensions 15# db

I went to the arthritis center. They put me on some medicine to help fatigue and joints. I do not like to take meds, so will see how long this lasts. He did X-rays and I go back in 2 weeks. when he gets my other labs back.

Belinda, our neighborhood is geared for walkers and cyclists with bicycle lanes and parks. They even put some benches along the main road through so people could stop and sit if they want. There are a lot of retirees here and they are out all hours of the day with their dogs and some ride bikes. There are a few runners. I also think some park at the park and run/walk the neighborhood. I can leave at 7 am and they are out there.

I just did a short workout this morning. KCM Body Shop workout 2. Diane Sue- are you planning to order either of her new releases? Stepboxing or Sculpting RX?

Doreen, I am hoping to buy both of the new workouts. I really enjoy the step boxing workouts. The pre-sale is two weeks.

This morning I did Train Like a Contender workout 1 and workout 2 until the floor section. I was at the park and didn't bring my mat so I didn't want to get on the ground.

I ordered both last night. I like how Kelly doesn't do her presale until after she has already filmed and editing has started.... LITE seems like its been forgotten- no announcements or anything since it was announced. That's way too long for a pre-order in my opinion. But I guess Beachbody does a similar lead-up to their releases and even do a "VIP" release of some sort....

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Just Step, 25 minutes, 175 calories, met 6.3, heart rate average 149, max 186, 2,195 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Kickboxing and Contour, 42 minutes, 283 calories, met 6.1, 1,905 steps. Total time was 67 minutes, calories burned 358 calories. I signed up for Cathe Live again today. I had a few troubles getting it on the Roku, but they finally helped me out :) It works great. There are a lot more workouts than when I last signed up for it. I still would like to do Les Mills on demand some time. They raised their price to 12.99 for US customers though. For a month, I like their variety of workout types too. There is something there for everyone. I just am holding off a bit. I did add the channel to my Roku.

Doreen, that would be a good workout for the park other than getting on the ground. I will probably pre-order tonight or tomorrow. Cathe seemed like she didn't keep the starting price there very long. She increased it pretty quickly. I haven't rushed into purchasing. I always like that Kelly does not take long before the workouts are shipped.

Hi everyone,

Today 3 weeks ago I had to put Brawler to sleep. Having a rough few day's :( I miss him so much.

I managed to walk and did JS Core Stretch + I started the 21 Day Yoga Challenge that I did before Brawlers passing. I did D1.

Diane Sue - sounds like you have nice walking in your neighborhood.

I will be back tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.