Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Good morning,

Took a rest day yesterday. I decided to do a 21 Day Ultimate Tabata Yoga Challenge. You work 4 day's on 1 day off. Today I did Lession 1: Beautiful Booty Blast. I also did SBF Adv. Cardio Barre Fire D15 of 56 Day plan.

Diane Sue - I was surprised Rock Steady Step didn't had any mixes? LOL, I also stumbled through the last part :) I think her step dvd are harder than any Cathe's dvd's.

Have a great Monday, everyone.

Diane Sue- Michelle Dozios does the Peak Fit series and somewhere along the line she had mentioned she used to teach step videos. So I hunted a couple down from the library. They are from 2004 (Belinda probably has them with her extensive library of DVDS! :))

This morning I did Strength & Stamina - workout 1 followed by premix workout 2 one round and swings.

This morning I did Amy Bento Rumble stopping at the heavy bag, 44 minutes, 283 calories, heart rate average 125, max 165, met 5.8, 3,474 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey Muscle Up legs and arms workout #2, 35 minutes, 154 calories, met 4.0, heart rate average 103, max 142, 467 steps. Total time 79 minutes, 437 calories.
weights
Sumo squat 30# dbs 8 reps superset with bridges 30# db 16 reps 2 sets
lunges 25# dbs 8 reps superset with stiff leg deadlift 25# dbs 8 reps 2 sets
curtsy squats 20# dbs 8 reps super set with praying frog squat bodyweight 16 reps 2 sets
flip curls with pledge curls 20# dbs /15# dbs 1st set; 17.5# dbs second set 8 reps superset with skull crushers 15# dbs 8 reps 2 sets
seated side curls 17.5# dbs 8 reps super set with overhead triceps extension seated 25# db 8 reps 2 sets
hammer curls 17.5# dbs 8 reps superset with kickbacks 15# dbs 8 reps 2 sets

Belinda, what is the 21 day Ultimate Yoga Challenge? Is the SB Advanced Cardio Fire on her streaming or a dvd? I did Rumble today after seeing you do it the other day. It is a good one without lots of jacks and really high impact stuff. I want to do the heavy bag stuff too. I just wasn't sure if I was pushing my neck area limits since I wore 1# gloves for the workout already. It was perfect for me today. I swear I am in some sort of a funk of really not feeling like doing much of anything lately. Hopefully it passes soon.

Doreen, I really like the Strength and Stamina workout format with the kettlebell swings mixed in. I knew Michelle Dozios did the Peak Fit series. It was just one I always hear about and have never tried. I don't think I have seen any of hers at our library. That is cool that you found some step she has done.

Last edited:
Diane Sue - the 21 Day Ultimate Yoga is a paid subscription. SB Advanced Cardio Fire is on her streaming. I paid $79 for a year, really like it. Now the price for a year is double. Maybe you need to take a recovery week? You do workout a lot :) Take a break. Nice job on Kelly and Amy today.

Doreen - LOL, I do have that dvd :) haven't done it in a very long time. I am still trying to go through my entire collection, get rid of some. Good job this morning

Reactions: WD
Diane Sue - I haven't felt very motivated to do much lately either... just summer maybe? I still have Body revolution and Rip60 to finish as well as Insanity that my husband just bought me and I haven't been too excited about any of it. This morning I didn't want to get up and thought about skipping. But I drug myself out of bed and went to the park to do Cardio Slam. I didn't have a step or weights with me but it still works ok without all that stuff.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Ice Low Impact Sweat workout #2 step with the blizzard blast, 38 minutes, heart rate average 133, max 165, met 5.9, 247 calories, 2,885 steps. I then did Fit Split Bonus abs, 13 minutes, heart rate average 104, max 144, 210 steps, met 4.5, 65 calories. I finished off with Youtube Sarah Beth yoga 20 minute vinyasa flow, 20 minutes, 46 calories. I also did some work with my yoga tune up balls. Total time was 71 minutes, 348 calories. Be back in awhile. I have my grandson here and we have primary elections to go out and vote on this evening.

Belinda, I know a lot of women really like Suzanne Bowen. I had heard that her price was going up. I like the stuff of hers that I have. I did some free days of her streaming once. I liked what I did. I was a little overwhelmed with all of the choices. I have slowed down a lot on the workouts lately. It is hard to decide what I want to do.

Doreen, I usually just make myself do something. Nothing is really peaking my interest lately. Maybe a bit of boredom and just not in the mood for some of it.

I am typing this with a heavy heart and tears running down my face.. Brawler crossed the rainbow bridge :(

This morning my DH and I wanted to take Brawler for a short walk, Brawler was walking really funny/crossing his front paws. He had no strength in his front legs. We rushed Brawler to the Neurosurgeon he saw when he got diagnosed with DM 2.5 years ago :( when Brawler started too lose control in his back paws. The Neurosurgeon ran a few tests on Brawler/s body too see how fast the DM processed over the years. Brawler had no feelings in his left front paw or down his spine. The Neurosurgeon began to describe the advancement of the DM and when he did, he explained that the next evolution for the disease was for his lungs to begin to fail. Until now there had been no pain, but this would be extremely painful. My DH and I always agreed that we would do anything for Brawler, but we did not want him to suffer. At that point we called our kids and they dropped work and drove straight to the clinic. The Family discussed everything and decided that it was Brawlers time. The Doctor and his staff gave us all of the time and space we needed. When we were ready they helped us help Brawler. I cradled him in my Arms until he passed peacefully! I was so afraid of this moment, but I didn't wanted him to suffer or whatever was coming next. I can't stop crying. I miss him so much already.

Belinda, I am so sorry. You are right, and I know it is hard. It would have been more painful to watch Brawler suffer. You have given Brawler a wonderful loved life. My heart goes out to you.

Belinda- So sorry for your loss. You were so, so good to him and did everything you could. I'm glad your kids could be there with you. Allow yourself the liberty to grieve....and crying helps.

This morning I did Fit Split Just Low Impact Cardio Mix, 29 minutes, heart rate average 118, max 160, met 5.8. 188 calories, 1,739 steps. I had to go get my labs done this morning for Monday's physical appointment. I came back and did house cleaning and think I am going to try to get our back yard mowed. It is hot today.

Belinda, I felt the same way when I lost my dog. I still want to cry when I look at pictures and think of her and how sweet she was. ((hugs))

Today I did Kelly Coffey Step Box step box and sculpt both workouts mix. This eliminates the drills and the strength drills. 58 minutes, heart rate average 129, max 161, 373 calories, 5,426 steps. I think that one with calories came to a met 5.8. I then did Muscle Up Back and Chest premix, 21 minutes, 93 calories met 4.0, heart rate average 104, max 133. I finished off with Sarah Beth Yoga You Tube Hot Sweaty Power yoga and the Cooldown legs and hips, 25 minutes, 63 calories.. 529 calories 1 hour 44 minutes.
Weights
Muscle Up 8 reps each exercise supersets ( am pretty sure I did more than 8 reps on some of these and may have been moving too quickly)

Rows 30# dbs superset with bench press 17.5# dbs 3 sets

lawn mowers 30# db superset with flys 15# dbs 3 sets

Pullovers 30# db, 25# db superset with push ups bodyweight 2 sets

Doreen, nice workout. I like doing one arm at a time.

I checked out Amy Bento In the Ring from the interlibrary exchange and tried it this morning. I was having trouble following all the combos and only made it through combo 3 before my brain gave up. I might need to preview those last 2 combos before I try again.

I signed up for Kelly's Streaming. 6.99 monthly for the rest of the summer. I had a few struggles and may just drag my downstairs laptop upstairs every day. My Windows 7 that I have in my workout room does not have HDMI for whatever reason. I tried my Roku stick and signed up for VHX but it only loads partway and stops. We have a Roku 3, but it is on our main television. If I try to use the internet through my Blue Ray player it says there is not enough space to load. I have a cable that hooks from my Samsung cell to hdmi and that is how I streamed Cathe Live, but I don't like using the phone and getting messages and calls at the same time. I wish it worked for my samsung tablet which is what I bought it for, but it doesn't. I did screen mirroring from my tablet for the first workout, but it stopped mirroring right at the last 3 minutes. I finished it with just the tablet.
Here is my workout today. I wanted lighter so, chose Kettlebell dumbbell raw workout, lower focus and low impact for almost all of it. This was 31 minutes, average heart rate 117, max heart rate 150, 184 calories, 1, 092 steps. I used 20 # kettlebell (except for halos which I used 15) and 15# dumbbells. I then did Raw bands and bar which is an upper and lower move for 3 sets then another, upper was tubing and lower was barre(stick) with 3# ankle weights, 34 minutes, heart rate average 112, max 144, 176 calories, 937 steps. Total time 65 minutes, 360 calories.

Doreen, that is such a fun workout once you get it. I think some of the combos are easier than others to learn. Maybe try some individual combos.

Diane Sue- I think you will like RAW. Hopefully you can get the tech part figured out. I didn't have any problems with the VHX app on Roku so weird that its not working for you and a bummer! I was tempted to subscribe again but I'm going to be out for almost 2 weeks in July so makes no sense when I can't use it.

Yesterday I spend the afternoon walking around the US Senior Open golf tournament at the Broadmoor and then stayed for the fireworks. 19,000 steps! So this morning I felt a bit like I needed a lighter recovery workout. I did Walk Strong 3 Upper Body which has some nice weight work and core and stretching. That's it for me. I don't know if I'll go back to the Open today or not.

Today I did all Coffey Fit Raw workouts. I started with her Just Step, 24 minutes, 162 calories, met 6.1 heart rate average 143, max 166, 2,244 steps. I really liked this and will be doing it again. I then did Hi/Lo Cardio with Tatum Coffey, this was a really good total body workout with the 14 minutes of alternating hi/lo moves (the high did not feel real extreme and could easily be modified), then id goes to some floor pizza press and leg raises, then back up to light cardio with 3# dumbbells doing upper body with lower body movements and ends with a brief core workout with the dumbbell, 34 minutes, 216 calories, heart rate 130, max 167, 1,876 steps, met 5.8. I finished off with the Raw stretch, 28 minutes, 56 calories. I probably shouldn't even count this. It is a good stretch. This is the first time I have seen her do a stretch or yoga without shoes. I remember on one workout her saying she was not a barefoot kind of girl :) I think that was on an older workout where she added a brief yoga to it. Total time was 86 minutes, 434 calories. I like that I can look at the workouts and add what I am interested in or like to my list. Then I just click to look at the workouts and my list is there or all of the workouts. It makes it faster than looking through them for particular workouts. I was going to do the finisher cardio workout, but when I started it and Kelly had a 20# dumbbell doing clean and press I decided not to push it on the shoulders, hence the decision to do the Hi/Lo workout. I thought about stopping at the end of the cardio portion before she did the weight work , but kept going. The 3# weights and high reps still kept the heart rate up some.
I ordered a Roku 4 Ultra for downstairs that will be here tomorrow and will move the Roku 3 up to my workout room. I tried it and the Roku 3 works perfectly with the VHX channel. I think Cathe's info says Roku 3 or better. It just does not work with either of the Roku sticks that we have.

Doreen, I am liking Coffey Fit Raw. I have been wanting to do it and when she came out with 6.99 a month during the rest of the summer I grabbed the opportunity. I figured the cost of Coffey Fit Raw was not much more than renting a movie. Wow on the steps, way to go. So are you just watching the tournaments or golfing? Or is it for the festivities :) I bet the fireworks were nice.

I have my physical this morning and need to hit the store. I did Coffey Fit Raw Kickboxing and Contour, 48 minutes(42 actual as I got side tracked a bit before starting and wrote down the moves for my notes) 299 calories, heart rate average 120, max 163, 2,437 steps. She uses 2# dumbbells for the boxing and 15# dumbbells for the weight work. There is no jumpiing in this except for the jacks in the warm up. It is pretty much a strength workout as you do the boxing drills with the 2# followed by kicking no weights then a strength move with 15# upper and lower sometimes with both weights and sometimes 1. High reps. I really liked it and time moved quickly.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.