Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

No workout yesterday, might take the rest of the year off, except for yoga, will do yoga. Hope you all had a good holiday. Did get the Thinner Leaner Stronger book, just for reading at this point. I'm looking at paper programs for 2016. I have a cody app yoga program from this year I want to do again as well.

Diane Sue, good for you for even attempting the awkwardness. Are you going to do the whole H & C program?
bayerngirl, got some of my best deals pre-black friday & pre-christmas, a yoga mat, and Deepen Your Practice dvds. Good work on the dvds.

Will take off a week from other workouts just in case I want to start the thinner program in January. I will still have 15 days or so of Cathe OnDemand and Cathe Live to use in January. My CC turns into a pumpkin on New Years Eve.

Merry Christmas,

Hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing Christmas. Mine was amazing, but I am glad it's over :D

This morning I did JS 30 min Fat Blaster.

Dianne Sue, I really like Karen Voight Yoga or other workout dvd's. Her stretch/yoga dvd's help open up my hip. Which most most stretching dvd's don't do :( I can't wait to hear what you think about Hammer & Chiseled. What is new? Do I really need H&G?

112toGuru, I hear you on the CC :) This is why I workout with DVD's. I don't like paying a monthly free, that will get expensive.

I will be back later.

Today was Hammer and Chisel Iso Strength Chisel, 35 minutes, 190 calories. I also did Chisel 10 minute abs, 10 minutes, 55 calories. I finished off with Fitness Blender Yoga stretch from week 3 Sunday and week 4 Sunday, 23 minutes, 68 calories. Total time was 68 minutes and calories burned 310. Abs Chisel was all done on a bench alternating different plank moves and seated moves. I used my step with 5 risers per side. I would still like to get the last workout for Fitness blender in this week which is abs and hiit. That way I will have completed 4 weeks. I definitely needed the stretch when I was done today. I am feeling these workouts.
Iso Strength Chisel all moves are done for 10 reps then 1 rep hold for 10 seconds repeat 2 more times no rest
Sumo Squat 20# each hand Autumn had 15's
Push Up bodyweight ( I am so sore and ended up on my knees by the 3rd set)
split squat right 15# each hand I was shaking by the last round and hold
split squat left 15# each hand
Pull up I just used the tubing in the door and it was still plenty difficult
step up side hold right 12# she uses one dumbbell and drops down and up off the side stopping at the top after rep 10 then balances on one leg in a semi squat position and holds 10 sec.
Step up side hold left 12# After experiencing the first moves on this I decided to drop the weight a bit here. I didn't want to mess my knee up
1 arm row left 15#
1 arm row right 15#
sit up C curve 12# dumbbell
lateral raise 8# each hand dropping to 5# each hand after the first 10 sec hold

I was reading a thread at Beach Body and got the times from someone there that posted them for Hammer and Chisel. I believe it is Total Body Hammer that is the longest at 45 minutes. It was interesting reading other's thoughts that have started the program. One said that they didn't know there were that many new ways to lift weights. I just know I am sore from head to toe after 3 days. I started out today thinking I could go heavier and was soon rethinking it. Someone else also made comment on the cardio workout that you get from buying through a coach. They said they would not do this unless they were really short on time as it is only about 16 minutes and that includes a w/u and stretch. Previewing I sort of thought that Sagi and Autumn's banter was a bit contrived to try to make the workout fun. I know I will do it once in awhile though..

112toguru, I am going to do the entire program of Hammer and Chisel because I want to get a feel for all of the workouts. Maybe afterward I will take a break and do a just Sagi 30 day. It depends on my results. I am going to have to modify a bit here and there. They do have someone doing the workout with less equipment and giving alternatives. I always kind of thought the price of on demand was as much as a whole new workout series every year. Those plans do allow you to try things out.. I find it more interesting with Beach Body because they have a lot o workouts that I do not have. I just don't really want to spend that much money.

Belinda, I used to do Karen Voight workouts all of the time but they were all on VHS tape. I guess I should try some again someday but, I do need to slow down the shopping. In fact one of her step workouts was one of my first workouts. I think it looks like Hammer and Chisel has a different way of doing a lot of moves. I will have to do more than 3 workouts though to decide how I feel.

Thanks Diane Sue! I have 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme, love them both. I know a lot of people didn't like didn't like 21DF :( I love them and lost a lot of weight. I am glad you like H&G so far. Beachbody is still offering free shipping this week :) Awww…..? If I am not mistaken, Beachbody is offering 30 Day Free on Demand? I know they did a while ago.Maybe you want to give it a try.

I had some Karen Voight on VHS, ended up buying the dvd's not to long ago.

That's what I was thinking, WD, a good place to try things out, I know for sure, people who did Cathe's preorder got a good price on that. BB I think locks you in for 3 months at a time? for some reason I thought there was a lower cost alternative, free month? even for just 3 months they have a lot of programs I don't have & haven't done. I definitely won't get a yearly. I have things to work through on dvd for 2016, I should keep track like you bayerngirl.

Today I did a workout blender i had created fro RWH legs, cardio leg blast and cardio core circuit. It was ok. The broble i find with the workout blender (desktop version) is that sometimes the breaks get too long because you get the break from the end of one chapter and the break from the beginning of the next. This was the case with this one so I just deleted it when I was done though it was a decent workout.
My plan to do YAYOG this vacation has failed. I don't find the workout interesting and I didn't have a sturdy table to use for inverted rows of oneofthe workouts. I may just slode these to the side and chalk it up to a bad purchase. Although I really want workouts that travel well I don't think these are it for me.
On the fun side I got enough Christmas money to cover a few months of Cathe OnDemand without guilt!

why is it when you decide to take a few days off, everything immediately starts to hurt?

Previewing turbobarre ondemand, I'm going to have to do that one.

That's what I was thinking, WD, a good place to try things out, I know for sure, people who did Cathe's preorder got a good price on that. BB I think locks you in for 3 months at a time? for some reason I thought there was a lower cost alternative, free month? even for just 3 months they have a lot of programs I don't have & haven't done. I definitely won't get a yearly. I have things to work through on dvd for 2016, I should keep track like you bayerngirl.

I think it's a great way to try other BB workout :) Once I am done with my dvd's I will sign up and try H&G :) Three more day's of free shipping torture I have to go through :D You should keep track like I do, it keep me straight:D I hurt too when I take a few day's off. How did you like TB?

Good evening,

Today I did Jessica Smith 30 Day Walk Day 29 Toning walk + 15 Min Heathy Back. One more workout and I am done with her 30 Day rotation.

Have a wonderful Sunday and workout, everyone.

Nice work on the 30 day JS rotation, haven't done TB yet, just previewing, it was one from Xtrain I thought I would really like. I don't know if H & C is available on Demand, maybe a couple workouts, I thought you were a coach? I might do it, but right now I'll collect my dusty dumbbells & read a book, and finish my rest week. I figured I might as well preview all the Cathe's I didn't get. TurboBarre = likey.

Free shipping? did someone say free shipping?

Today is a rest day. I may do a Sarah Beth You Tube yoga to help with my neck and lat on one side. This is a problem area and I don't think it is the workouts. I think it is because I had a bad cold and am coughing till near strangling or something. I ordered some more wild oregano from Amazon which usually helps with this but, it won't arrive till Wednesday.

112toguru, I think I read somewhere on Beachbody that the only way you get the newer programs on demand is if you pay. The free one month is just a sampler? I am not even sure it is full workouts. I know I watched a you tube of Autumn doing dirty thirty but it was 15 minutes. Enjoy your rest week. Good idea previewing first :) It seems anytime I take time off I end up noticing all kinds of aches and stiffness.

dmertz, that's great that you got Christmas money to continue with On Demand :) It seems like it would be sort of a let down once you get used to having it and then to not have it.

Belinda, nice work getting all of Jessica Smith done. When you did 21 Day Fit did you follow the nutrition plan? How was it and how is the one that comes with 21 Day Fit Extreme? Is it one that seems very low on food and like tons of veggies and a little chicken or fish? Seriously, I wish Fixate had a few more Paleo friendly recipes. Some can be adjusted. I am not completely locked into all Paleo plans because there are so many variable. I have quinoa and gluten free oats here but haven't used them in a long time. I see areas I can substitute or leave something out of to make them more Paleo friendly but it alters their container program. I have to move up to level 2 or 3 or I think I would lose weight. I don't mind a little cheese but I rarely eat dairy. I don't think I will limit the coconut almond milk I put in my coffee in the mornings. I don't eat breakfast. I usually fast till afternoon.

why is it when you decide to take a few days off, everything immediately starts to hurt?

On my scheduled off week, my knee has been great, but my bursitis in my right shoulder has flared up big time. I haven 't had a flare up in close to a year. I stop working out with weights for a week, and then it hit. What gives? Ugh.

My plan to eat, drink and be merry has been going great. Had a great Christmas. Besides Cathe Live, and ICE, I received breathless body 4, new fire walker loops, speakers for my laptop (for my workout room), and a set of pace weights. I did some ICE mixes of my own today, one with all of the blasts, and one with all of the muscle meltdowns. I'm trying to decide on my first rotation, but my darn shoulder can't even support holding my iPad right now.

I will have to pull out my Karen Voight VHS tapes after reading this thread. I started with Karen before I discovered Cathe. Some of the first ones I did (I think early 90's). I recently set up a VHS player in my workout room and gathered all of my tapes together (in the hundreds) . I thought I would go through them this year and see if I keep or I toss. It was weird and strange, I put in Jane Fonda's Lean Routine (which I did in the early 90's and not since then) and I could still remember what was next.

I had read somewhere as well that on BB on demand, you don't get any of the new stuff or even full plans with the free trial. Kind of more of a sampling.

I hope everyone is having a truly great holiday. Keep up the good work.

Enjoy the rest day WD, hope you can shake the cold. I was thinking of the P90X3, shaun T's, and various other BB that I don't have, like 21 day fix! I'm still not quite sure how their pricing works, members, non-members, etc? I decided to do Cathe for one month, and won't sign up for another unless I know I'm going to use it. It's great now because I can do some workouts, and look at the programs I don't have. Everything so quick and easy to find on the Roku. I would not really get the benefit of Live or workout blending because those are not available to play through Roku. I can still do it, it just takes more time than I'm willing to spend on it.

catgirl, sorry to hear your hurting too. Maybe you're just do for a good rest, seriously, how long's it been? so santa's sleigh was stuck at your house? Reminds me I need to find those fire walker bands, I'm sure they're around here somewhere. Enjoy the stretch.

Catch you on the flip side.

Today is a rest day. I may do a Sarah Beth You Tube yoga to help with my neck and lat on one side. This is a problem area and I don't think it is the workouts. I think it is because I had a bad cold and am coughing till near strangling or something. I ordered some more wild oregano from Amazon which usually helps with this but, it won't arrive till Wednesday.

112toguru, I think I read somewhere on Beachbody that the only way you get the newer programs on demand is if you pay. The free one month is just a sampler? I am not even sure it is full workouts. I know I watched a you tube of Autumn doing dirty thirty but it was 15 minutes. Enjoy your rest week. Good idea previewing first :) It seems anytime I take time off I end up noticing all kinds of aches and stiffness.

dmertz, that's great that you got Christmas money to continue with On Demand :) It seems like it would be sort of a let down once you get used to having it and then to not have it.

Belinda, nice work getting all of Jessica Smith done. When you did 21 Day Fit did you follow the nutrition plan? How was it and how is the one that comes with 21 Day Fit Extreme? Is it one that seems very low on food and like tons of veggies and a little chicken or fish? Seriously, I wish Fixate had a few more Paleo friendly recipes. Some can be adjusted. I am not completely locked into all Paleo plans because there are so many variable. I have quinoa and gluten free oats here but haven't used them in a long time. I see areas I can substitute or leave something out of to make them more Paleo friendly but it alters their container program. I have to move up to level 2 or 3 or I think I would lose weight. I don't mind a little cheese but I rarely eat dairy. I don't think I will limit the coconut almond milk I put in my coffee in the mornings. I don't eat breakfast. I usually fast till afternoon.

Diane Sue, I did followed the 21 DF nutrition plan, but I pumped mine up to the next level. I also eat more vegetable than recommended. I still lost a lot of weight. 5 cupsVeggies, 3 cups fruit. Everything else was the same. Sometimes I ate more that I was allowed :) I did Paleo before and really liked it. I love coconut almond milk, it counts as a carb in 21DF :( I still use a little in my protein smoothie. I have to eat breakfast or I pass out :)

Today's workout was Iso Speed Hammer 25 minutes, 113 calories. I am not sure how I felt about this. Sort of felt maybe I needed to do it a second time. Each move was done once 10 reps sort of staggered in a 1,2,3 count then 10 reps fast. I had to go lower in weight because there was no way I thought I could do too much speed for the other 10 reps with heavy weights. Since I felt like I needed more I added on 10 minute hammer abs 13 minutes,47 calories no equipment. I also took this as an opportunity to do the bonus workout you get from purchasing from a coach, The Masters Cardio which was pretty light to me and 18 minutes long including the warm up and stretch, no equipment, 109 calories. I think that there is some areas here I could have went a tad heavier but I didn't want an injury at the start. Total time was 56 minutes.
Weights as follows:
push up 10 reps 10 fast reps Bodyweight
static lunge left 10r x 15# each hand 10r x 15# fast
static lunge right same as left
chin ups 10r bodyweight 10r fast I used the pull up bar but had a toe on a chair for some support
deadlift 10r x 20# each hand 10r x 20# each hand fast ( I was a bit worried about too much weight on this)
side lateral raise 10r x 8# each hand 10r x 8# each hand fast
sumo squat 10 r x 25# 10r x 25# fast
rear delt cross fly using tubing 10r then 10r fast
pistol squat left 10r x 10# each hand 10 r x 10# each hand fast
Pistol squat right same as left
curl face down (preacher curl on stability ball or bench) 12# each hand 10r; 12# each hand 10 r fast
calf raise 10 r with toes on something ( he used the legs of his bench) 10r fast He has one of the ladies doing it with weights on the floor. Next time I will use weights
triceps kickbacks twist 10r x 10# each hand (kickback into palms up) 10r x 10# each hand 10 reps fast

WD, when you say reps vs. fast reps, what kind of count are you talking about? Thanks for posting, it's an interesting program.

catgirl, still in eat, drink, & be merry mode, less eating, less drinking, lol.

bayerngirl, I will be working on my list, but the goal I have for 2016 is to listen to stuff, without having to have any thoughts, either way, just to enjoy listening to other people talk. Like crusty bread, a daily dose, or so of something t0 listen to.

Here's one from today, I thought you might like, it explains what's underneath yoga warrior 365, a program I'll do again in 2016, he also does a fair bit of heavy weight lifting, and no I won't post them all, but, since you inquired once about the yoga, he explains it here.

Good morning,

I did ICE Metabolic Total Body = 48 min. Really liked it :)
I also did Muscle Meltdown - Chest 15 min + Bizzard Blast = 12 min. I also did Jessica Smith Walk On 21 Day Cardio Core walk = 30 min.

112toGuru - I agree with you! Thanks for the video, will check it out later.

Diane Sue - good job on H&G yesterday. I really like the looks of those workouts :( Just can't buy them.

I will be back later. I probably will add some abs later.

Last edited:
Today was Chisel Endurance which used weights for a few of the moves but a lot of non weight stuff as well. Tomorrow is Hammer Total Body which is the longest at 45 minutes and looks pretty good being 3 groups of exercises each done 10, 8,6, 10,8,6 reps. It will be interesting to see how that is. Today I wanted some cardio so I did X10 mix 38 low impact + step, 38 minutes, 307 calories. Chisel Endurance was 36 minutes, 190 calories. Total time 74 miutes, 497 calories.
Chisel Endurance was like this. You do all of the moves for round 1 then repeat for round 2
These are timed at 60 seconds and you write down the reps and weight if used
round 1 Bench run ups Left- they use a regular bench I used the which seems like it would be better with more support for this, one person is doing it on the floor 29ps round 1, 31 reps round 2
Bench run ups right 30 reps round 1, 31 reps round 2
Negative Pull ups 12 round 1 using bar and chair for assist, , round 2 I used the tubing/ door attachment
step up cross over right 12# 25reps round 1; 12# 32 reps round 2
step up cross over left 12# 25 reps round 1;12# 32 reps round 2
Decline push up round 1 30 reps; round 2 29 reps
1 hand row leg extension right 20# 20 reps round 1; 20# 20 reps round 2
1 hand row leg extension l same as right
Incline press round 1 15# each hand 28 reps; round 2 15# 28
plank hold knee taps 18 reps round 1; 26 reps round 2

I will be back in awhile to do personals. I know I missed them yesterday too. I have read the posts though :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.