Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Good morning,

#213 Ready,Step,Set = 44 min is done. LOVED IT! The combos were really fun. The music was pretty good too.

Where are you guys?

I will be back later for more personals.

Reactions: WD
CL #33 Lean Lower Body this morning. This I really liked. She starts out with a strength circuit of squats, deadlifts, pile squats, pile deadlifts and repeats. Then you add the band and do some outter thighs and hamstrings, then back to lunges with the sliders and side lunges and lateral walks and more loop walks and finish with a nice extended yoga series of warrior lunges. I wanted to add something else on but couldn't decide what to pick. I started a fitness blender but it had no music and I wasn't prepared to play my own and then switched to a Heather Robinson but wasn't feeling that so I just stopped.

I forgot to send this yesterday!
No workout today. I had a great time with the ladies at our game day and Christmas get together. Tomorrow I will get something in.

Belinda, maybe after you do those Cathe Live workouts you will love them :) I don't workout a lot when we go on vacations, so I figure what downloads I have are probably going to be enough.

Doreen, I think Cathe does the workouts lighter in a lot of the CL workouts because putting out the heavy weights and too much equipment would be difficult. Then again, many of the workouts are quicker paced and you would not want to go real heavy on them. For some reason I am not real fond of compound moves. I

Today I did X Train cardio leg blast, 59 minutes, met 5.7, 303 calories, 2,847 steps, heart rate average 126, max 163. I finished with Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga: total body flow, 24 minutes (added a couple of other stretches), 37 calories, met 2.0, heart rate average 95, max 124, 44 steps. Total time was 83 minutes, 340 calories, 2,891 steps. I used Cathe's weights on legs.

Belinda, I am here. I forgot to send my post yesterday. That step workout sounds like a good one.

Doreen, I remember doing one of the Cathe workouts and it having some yoga at the end. I do that at times trying to decide on something and finally just giving up. Fitness Blender has some good workouts, but I really like there to be music. I even had purchased some pre-planned fat loss program and another one. They really are workouts that they have, but it is planned out for you with dietary suggestions and stuff.

Good morning,

Back to working out with my dvd's :( Today I did Core Max Seg.3 and a 2 mile walk. My knee has been bordering me since I did the step workout yesterday, I try not to push it. I still think the step workout I did yesterday was a lot of fun.

Diane - I only buy workouts with minimum equipments I can do on vacation. I had good intentions to use those downloads on vacation. Didn't worked out quit well. Great job yesterday.

Doreen - sometimes I do like playing my own music, especially if the music is really bad.

I will be back later with more personals.

Belinda- I don't mind using my own music but I do it through my phone and I didn't have it queued up yesterday. I always workout with bluetooth headphones linked to my TV so if I need to play my own music I link a separate set of headphones to my phone. That way I have one "bud" in one each and one "bud" in the other ear each linked to a different source. Complicated.

My knees will sometimes bother me after a step routine too. I have to stay on 4 or 6 inches.

This morning was CL #7 Hard Strikes. Ok workout - the DVD is more intense.

Today I did X Train All Out Low Impact Hiit, 39 minutes, heart rate average 143, max 176, 2973 steps, 248 calories, met 7.0. I then did Fit Split Low Impact Cardio Time saver skipping the warm up, 23 minutes, heart rate average 130, max 162, 1, 528 steps, met 7.5, 139 calories. I finished off with Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga back and chest flow, 21 minutes, met 2.0, 36 calories, heart rate 96 average, 140 max, 15 steps.
Total time was 83 minutes, 423 calories, 4,516 steps.
I have my carotid ultrasound and stress test set up for next month and will be glad to have that out of the way.

Belinda, maybe you should check out those downloads ;)

Doreen, that does sound like a complicated way to set up a workout. I have no desire to use my phone for a workout. A couple of years ago I was doing a workout blender rotation and I used my tablet to set music to run through my Bluetooth speaker. My young grandson was here a couple of those days and I played Christmas music :p Better than having no music.

Good morning,

I did a Leslie Swanson 4 mile walk this morning. Keeping light until Monday. Knee is still bordering me. Funny walking doesn't hurt, except if I do turns. Weird!

Doreen - I usually use Spotify through my iPhone or I play the radio through my intercom. Everything is hooked up through my intercom system. Sometimes I play music through YT :) Haha...your sounds complicated!

Diane - I need more downloads like I need a hole in my head :p Glad you getting all your test done soon.

I will be back later.

CL #267 Metabolic madness this morning 44 minutes. This was a great workout - actually very well organized with metabolic moves that pair moves that might use the same weight. I get so frustrated with workouts that are deadlifts with lateral raises. Well I can use 25-30 for deadlifts but only 10s for lateral raises so I'm not getting the most out of my deadlifts in that combo. She did about 7-8 exercises and repeated them so I was able to appropriately adjust weights the second time through (even though she messed up the order it was ok). So I ranked this one really high in my chart to do it again sometime!

Good morning,

This morning I walk 2 mile. I probably will do another mile later today to get my steps in.

Doreen - glad you liked your workout. I have to look that one up. You sure getting lots of use out of CL!

Diane - hope you have a wonderful weekend.

I will be in DC today. See you all tomorrow.

CL 26 step express with blasts. This was fun but I had quit after 35 minutes. I went ice skating last night and my arches started aching.

Some Christmas shopping today. Waiting to see if we will get the predicted snowstorm.

Good morning,

I did SBF core and walked 2 miles.

Doreen - great job with your workout and xmas shopping.

Diane - hope you have a great weekend.

Have a great Sunday, everyone.

I tried to put together a 20/20/20 workout this morning. 20 bike 20 weights 20 stretch.

We're supposed to be getting snow today. I need to get my tree decorated!!

Just relaxing this weekend. I will get back at the workouts tomorrow. My grandchildren left this afternoon.

Doreen, it is drizzling here today with some chances of snow and icy areas in our state. I am glad I do not have anywhere to go tomorrow.

Belinda, downloads are convenient. Streaming on the other hand can get frustrating at times. I don't know if I can watch my Amazon Prime workouts without having wifi. I have not tried, but when I purchase something it does have a place to download. It seems that I had problems several years ago since Amazon runs the dvds off of their video app. I should check it out as I read books and have piano music downloaded through Amazon Kindle app and I can read them without internet.

CL 203 Lower body confusion today - I only did 44 minutes before my headphones died so I stopped there. This was lower body with some weights, some barre, some cardio with loops - just about everything. I did all the jumping jacks on the rebounder.

We got about 8 inches of snow last night so the kids are off school again.

I'm excited to get the new DVDS - Cathe live has been acting quirky for me on Roku the past couple days, slow to load and then jumping ahead in the video a second to two - just enough to be off sync in a pulse move or miss a step on a step routine. Just enough to be annoying.

Good morning,

SBF LB with bands + pretzel is done. I also walked this morning. We got a lot of snow too.

Doreen - wonder what's going on with Cathe streaming site? I noticed a lot of people having problems. I am also excited about the new dvd's.

Diane - I am more into downloads these day's. We live in a rural are, streaming can be very frustrating at times. You can stream all your amazon off line. I downloaded some on my kindle. Haven't played with the other devices.

Great job everyone. I will be back and catch up on personals.

This morning was Lite Metabolic Blast, 41 minutes, 202 calories, met 5.7, heart rate 121 average, max 160, 1,407 steps. I also did Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga: Chest and Back Flow, 24 minutes met 2.0, 38 calories. Total time was 66 minutes, calories burned 240, 1,414 steps. I used Cathe's weights for most of the Metabolic Blast workout. I upped from 5's to 8's on a couple that did not have overhead shoulders added.

Belinda, that is good to know that I can stream my Amazon workouts off line. I will check and see if it works on my Samsung Kindle App. I read books from Kindle all of the time when I am not online.

Doreen, I am getting excited for the new Step Boss. I was going to do a bit heavier weight workout, but then thought I would wait till I get the Step Boss. I will be able to do the downloads right away, although generally I wait a day and somehow the dvds come the same day I get the downloads all loaded.

Good morning,

I did 4DS premix 10. Chest, Shoulders & Triceps + 20 min walk.

Diane - I have a few workouts that I can play off line. Great job yesterday.

I will be back with personals.

CL 276 All In Upper Body this morning. I'm feeling a bit of a tickle in my throat this morning- must be getting a cold. Ugh. This was a superset of 10 exercises for shoulders and Biceps, then 10 exercise superset for Triceps and Chest and then 10 exercises for back. Its a good upper body workout - moves quickly from one exercise to the next so I didn't even bother to try to write them down.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.