Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Step Moves, 45 minutes, heart rate average 141, max 180, 4,052 steps, 302 calories, met 7.0.
I then did Sarah Beth Hands Free Yoga which is 10 minutes, a few lower stretches and my physical therapy exercises, 40 minutes, 52 calories, 27 steps. Total time was 85 minutes, 354 calories, 4,079 steps.

Belinda, I know I don't use all of my dvds, but then I am always looking for something new and fresh, or that is safer to use and joint friendly. In some ways I think the PT is helping a tiny bit because I am not waking up a couple of hours after going to bed in throbbing pain. I had been getting up and icing and taking ibuprofen reading till I could go back to sleep. I am not doing that now. I do wake sometimes if I lay on my usual side as my arm and shoulder starts hurting in that position. Even though I am not lying on it. The PT said it is because it has not support there. She tried sitting a rolled up towel in front of me to rest it on at PT but it still hurt. Tomorrow will be my third visit to PT. I was thinking about Kimberly Spreens workouts and I think I gave one to my daughter. I don't know if it was Cardio Camp or not. Something like that and she used a med ball in it for some of the work. It was not one of my favorites. I think I thought it was kind of a light workout. I would probably do it now and like it.

Good morning,

Slow & Heavy Triceps and Biceps is done.

Diane - I feel bad not using my dvd's. Why spent so much $$ on dvd's if you don't use them. I do like the idea of something fresh and new. Maybe I will stop buying more dvd's and use that $$ for streaming new workouts. I wished I wouldn't bought so many workout dvd's in the first place :( Lessons learned. Glad the PT is helping a bit. Keep up with your exercises you will be up and running in no time. I think the Kimberly Spreen dvd you are talking about is her CIA 2904 Cardio Combat Surge. I have that one too. In Cardio Camp she doesn't used the ball. I will never get rid of the lighter workouts, I need those when I don't feel like I want to do a puke in the bucket workout.

Doreen - where are you?

Have a great day and workout everyone. BBL!

Today I did Barre Amped Bounce Thigh, Booty, Cardio and Stretch segments, 49 minutes ( I added a couple of extra minutes of bouncing) met 5.3, 221 calories, 2,345 steps. Then I went to the dentist for my routine cleaning and x rays. Afternoon was Physical Therapy for an hour and fifty minutes. She added a couple of new exercises for me to do. She gets my neck loosened up a lot, but that shoulder thing still hurts. She added a move to go through on just that side to help the nerve that runs through my trap area down my shoulder and arm. That one I am not supposed to hold, just do the stretch. She says it will take some time to get it straightened out.

Belinda, I have Combat Surge. I know that one has a med ball as well. The one I am talking about is older and she suggests even using a basketball or something. It is a bit of a lighter workout style.

Hi,

We went hiking at Shenandoah trails this morning. We never went on that trail, it was a rough rocky trail.

Diane - I haven't done Combat Surge in ages. I can't remember which one you are talking about with the basketball? Like I said, it's been years I have done her workouts. I have all her workouts. Nice job on the Barre Amped Bounce. I should pull that one out soon. I am glad the PT is helping.

hope you having a great weekend.

Yesterday I only did my PT exercises with a 10 minute warm up using Kelly's Raw Cardio Overload 2 without the weight vest and then following through with the exercises. This took me an hour and 2 minutes. They my husband and I went to the church to hang a projection screen and he took me to a nice restaurant downtown for my birthday dinner since my birthday follows on Tuesday. Great scenery. It is in the tallest building overlooking the city. The food was excellent :) Today I went through PT without a warm up and skipping a couple of the moves which I still need to do and that took me 30 minutes. We had church and my grandson is coming for dinner when he gets off work. Tomorrow I have to be at the Heart place for an echo at 7:30 so any exercise will have to be when I get back.

Belinda, I will post that workout if I can find it. If I remember right she was wearing camo clothing.

Hi,

I ended up not going to the live yoga class today. we couldn't get any tickets. We went for a nice walk instead.

Diane - I will look for this one tomorrow. I remember that one well. Keep up the good work with your PT. How did your Echo go today?

Good night.

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

I went for a 3 mile walk this morning. Love walking in cooler weather. I will do a ab workout later.

Where are you guys?

I will be back later.

This morning I did Kelly's new Cardio Sculpt Overload premix low impact and lower body, 29 minutes, heart rate average 140, max 171, 2,217 steps, 188 calories. I then did some spinning while previewing some of these new workouts. One of them has a bonus extra which is glute lifts and ab work using the step and about 6 minutes long. Spinning was 25 minutes, 132 calories, heart rate average 125, max 162, 1,449 steps. Total time was 54 minutes, 320 calories, 3,666 steps. We had storms last night. Some schools were closed since a lot of schools and businesses were without power and lines and trees down. There were tornados. It seemed to show up suddenly. We don't generally have tornados in August.

Belinda, I am around. Just short on time a lot. The cooler weather is nice. It was cooler today and Gertie seemed to think when I grabbed my crossbody bag to go to PT that I had a leash and we were going for a walk. I feel guilty about being so busy and leaving her all of the time. I had to keep pushing her away from the door trying to make her understand that we were not going anywhere. Then I came home and she had evidently not felt well and all of her food had come back up on the carpet in the sun room. I gave her some medicine for her tummy and rice with broth this evening. Hopefully it is just something she ate outside.

Exercise ADD this morning. I started with RAW Kickbox and Oly lifting but I did kickbox yesterday so I stopped and switched to Tabata Barbells - but that was also cardio so when they went to the floor I switched to the Jan Ripped & Ride. Total time 1 hour. I don't even know whether I should call today a lifting or cardio day!

Diane - Hope Gertie is doing better!

Belinda - Have the leaves around you started turning colors yet with the cooler weather? It was down to 55 overnight here - fall is arriving!

I saw Kelly post that she is going to be putting her complete library of DVDs on RAW - or I hope I intrepreted that correctly! That would be very cool!

Good morning,

I did SBF TB barre = 60 min plus stretch 3 today. Needed that stretch. I need to work out my plan for next week.

Doreen - yes, the leaves are turning colors. The last few day's we didn't needed AC in house. I have all my windows open all day long until I go to bed at night. So nice just to open all the windows and gets some fresh air. I hope we still have some nice weather coming. Not looking forward to fall/winter. How easy is it to cancel KCM streaming site? Some streaming sites make it almost impossible to cancel.

Diane - hope Gerdie is doing better too. Sorry about the Tornadoes in August. That does seem weird!

I will try to be back later. I gotta run. BBL!

Belinda - Super easy to cancel. Or you can pause for 1, 2 or 3 months. I always sign up and then cancel right away so I don't forget. That way every month I can choose a new streaming service to try. Probably easier to cancel via an internet brower than then app though.

This morning was 40 minutes of PT exercises and then I went to get my thyroid ultra sound. I am trying to get some things accomplished today. Got some cleaning done. Tomorrow I should be able to get in a little cardio before I go to the physical therapist.

Doreen, that is what I thought Kelly meant too. I think when she has her own app it will change her ability to do some of that as opposed to using VHX. There is only a few of her dvds that I do not have, so that would be great.

Belinda, I have never cancelled Kelly's Raw channel. So far I have not had problems stopping Cathe or Les Mills which are the only other two streaming services I have used. Les Mills was a 1 month free trial, but they did have my credit info etc.. But cancelling was simple. I doubt hers would be a problem either.

Doreen - does Kelly play good music on her channel? Music motivates me, good music is very important too me. I wish Cathe would play better music on her live channel like LM, SBF or other streaming sites. They all play real music. I know it doesn't bother a lot of people, I like to workout with upbeat, recognizable music.

Diane - do you have a yearly subscription with Kelly Raw? I only had Les Mills which was super easy no hassle to cancel
SBF Cancellation on her site:
We’ll be sad to see you go.
Kindly cancel at least ten days prior to your next billing date in order to avoid a new charge. Chris Freytag you have to sent an email to cancel. Some streaming sites it's not as easy too canceling. Glad to her Cathe's and Kelly's are easy.

Last edited:
Belinda - RAW is hit or miss on the music IMO. Once she said the music was the soundtrack from one of her DVDS, sometimes its a canned tabata timer track, and sometimes she plays real music (I think). Once this week (and I don't remember which one) was all classic rock - really fun track. Since it is just recorded in her basement sometimes the mix of voice and music isn't right and you can hear her furnace kick on, etc....

This morning I did Metashred Extreme Legs 1. I haven't done these in a long time and forgot how tough he makes them with mini bands and tubing.

Good morning,

Cathe Friedrich Party Rockin Step Workout 1 is done. I like the music in this one.

Doreen - my plan is to go through my dvd collection first, I need to get rid of a lot. Once I am through I will give her workouts a whirl. Having so many choices is overwhelming, lol. I will talk to DH and see if he likes the idea for KCM streaming. He wants to do heavy lifting next. I do like KCM 30 min workouts, she packs a lot into 30 min. I have so many of her dvd's.

I will try to be back later.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Sculpt Overload again, just the Low impact cardio & Lower Body mix. 29 minutes, 194 calories,met 7.0, heart rate average 141, max 173, 2,348 steps. I wore the 4# vest which worked well for me. I think it helps intensify those body weight lower body moves. I limited overhead movements again as this seemed fine last time. I then did Cathe Lean Legs and Abs mix #3 timesaver chair/firewalker and bonus barre. I wore 3# ankle weights for the barre work and used the blue firewalker band for that, also 8# db on thigh for the chair work. This was 37 minutes, heart rate average 97, max 151, 621 steps, met 5.5, 137 calories. Total time was 66 minutes, 331 calories, 2,969 steps.

Belinda, a lot of Kelly's Raw music is similar to her workouts. I enjoy the oldies she has used on a couple of her Real Raw workouts. She has done a couple using her son's hip hop music including her abs finisher. Since I have not done her latest Pyramid Upper workout I am not sure the music on there. She keeps a lot of the workouts between 30 and 45 minutes There is just a small amount that are closer to an hour. She has front side back side (weights) that does have kind of a set stopping point for if you want to divide the workout to split it. Also Step 2 is an all step workout that has a point where you can stop and cool down or adds another about 10 minutes of a short impact lower body segment (can be modified) and boxing and standing abs moves. There are also finishers that can be done as a stand alone workout of added to others. They are anywhere from 13-22 minutes. I know what you mean about the music. That is why I like Les Mills, which by the way, seems to carry a lot of their own music on their website. A bit different than the dvds, but better than what we get for most here in the US. Wonder if it is just too costly for instructors making workouts in the US to use better music. Most of her stuff is not real high impact other than the Hiit workout. Then she has modifiers there.

Doreen, the weight real raw first one with the kettlebells and dumbbells used is the one with all of the classic fun track. I love that one for the kettlebells used and the music. It gives me a chance to pick up my heavier kettlebells when I want to instead of a dumbbell. I am not a fan of the biceps curls with the kettlebell though. I have always thought they were a bit uncomfortable. It may be just me though.

I did the Metashred Extreme workout #1 Upper body this morning. Lots of tubing to start with and then some dumbell work.

I'll be out of town for the weekend so have a great Labor Day weekend everyone!

Good morning,

I did CTX Step & Intervals this morning.. I am thinking doing the STS + RWH rotations starting next week? Can't decide what I want to do? I may change my mind until then, lol.

Doreen - enjoy your weekend. That's funny you can hear Kelly's her furnace kick on.

Diane - I have a lot of KCM DVD's, but I don't reach for them very often. Not sure why. Music is very important to me when I work out, that's what keeps me going. I agree about LM music. I know a lot of streaming sites here in the US do use cover music for there workouts. Like Obe fitness, they in NY. Most dance streaming use very good cover music. SBF uses good music. I am sure it's cost the same for real music in the US as it's in England. I don't see why it's cheaper overseas? Some instructors on YT play better music than I hear on dvd's, lol. I should pull out my KCM workouts since it's not high impact.

Have a great Friday, everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.