Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

I am thinking about preparing Cathe's new workouts? Can't decide if I want the dvd's? I have until tomorrow to decide.

Reactions: WD
Belinda- I ordered the DVDs with a couple daily deals. I did DVDs just to get the pre-mixes but I know you aren't too fond of the premixes on the last few series.

The bands from GoFit are working out so far. I saw Target has some too but I'm good for now!

I did Low Impact Circuit this morning and loved it. Just the perfect amount of steady state cardio.

Doreen - I have all the Cathe's dvd's except her Fit Splits series + Lite series. As soon as I saw the crawling around on the floor/high impact in Fit Splits I knew it wasn't for me. I did borrow the one with the boxing one (?), thought it was ok. I canceled my Lite preorder dvd's/downloads after seeing a few clips/seeing the premixes. I figured, I can get the downloads if I wanted them later at one of Cathe's sale for 40% off. Maybe I need to borrow them again from my friend to see if I really want them. I used to LOVE Cathe's dvd's for the premixes. Is a matter of fact, I used to only do the premixes. If you have any of Cathe's older dvd's you know what I am talking about. I been going back and forth on the dvd's? If Cathe has premixes like she did in her last few series, getting dvd's are not worth it to me. I can string the premixes with the downloads myself and save some $$, JMO! I can easily put together Main workout + Main workout + abs + stretch. I been looking over the premixes from the last few series, I can't find one premix I can't do with only downloads? I really hope Cathe goes back to her amazing premixes like she did years ago. I loved those premixes. I guess, I will not know until they post the premixes sometimes in the fall. I hate preordering downloads only and an another order for downloads/dvd's.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Sculpt Fitness premix cardio with the abs, 40 minutes 283 calories, met 8.0, heart rate 134 average, max 171, 3,043 steps. I then did Raw Kettlebell and Dumbbell Fusion, 27 minutes, heart rate average 128, max 161, 166 calories, 1,445 steps, met 7.2. I finished off with Lite Extended stretch #2, 11 minutes, 31 calories, 11 steps. Total time was 78 minutes, 480 calories, 4,499 steps.
KETTLEBELL DUMBBELL FUSION
1 minute each move 12# dbs, 3# dbs for boxing moves, and 20# kettlebell for various swings
squat curls 12# dbs, punches 3# dbs, double arm swings
repeat
deadlift/row/high pull 12# dbs, 3 # dbs for upper cuts hop and switch feet, alternating kettlebell swings
repeat
kickbacks 12# dbs with reverse lunge, 3 # dbs high hook low hooks, kettlebell figure 8's
repeat
push ups, sit up punches, sit up hooks alternating
repeat
stretch

Belinda, do those bands stay in good shape when they are sealed like that? Just wondering, as from my experience latex deteriorates with age. Are they the non latex ones? I opened a bag of those balloons that you can tie the other day with my grandson and they were all stuck together. We usually do not get them out as his mother is allergic to latex. We call balloons death bombs.
Yes, you could make your own premixes. Cathe did have some great premixes in the past that would have been difficult to put together. Maybe because the newer workouts are much shorter than the older ones. Also the older ones had more than one workout on a dvd.

Doreen, I pre-orderd the dvds and downloads. I am pretty sure that I will like the step boss workouts. I knew that I would end up purchasing anyway, and did not want to throw money away waiting till they come out.

Diane - yes, they do. I open one for DH, he likes the blue loops. He broke one I had, it wasn't Cathe's. I don't know if the latex? I have to check, will let you know. Thanks on the premixes. That's what I thought. It didn't look that difficult to string them together. I really wished she would make those awesome premixes like in her older dvd's. I would be all over them. Love her older premixes. She still could make great premixes, even if the workouts are shorter. Lots of people are complaining about her last series :( Of course, we will not know until the end of the year. DH said, just order one each:p I really don't want to order anymore dvd's unless she has some amazing/complex premixes. I guess, I have until tomorrow to decide. Maybe I order downloads only and put another order in with downloads/dvd's. Cancel once I hear more details. BTW, you could buy KPC separate, had tons of amazing premixes. I don't think a single workouts has something to do with not having those premixes like in the past.

Belinda, I sometimes still break up the workouts to fit what I want to do from them. The pre-mixes are still not always what I want. But, sometimes I will use a premix because it will start with a couple of portions that I want and then go to another to add something else and it saves me some time because I may find the first part with the warm up starting in a premix and Then on to another to add, but not stopping and adding one at a time. If that makes sense. Cathe does always have a nice set up with all of the chapters in her newer workouts. So you can just pick chapters. I have found some older ones that are not set up quite so well.

Good morning,

D79 Cardio Core is done. One more workout and we are done. I am getting ready for my walk, I will be back for personals.

Diane - I totally get what you mean. It just doesn't make anymore sense for me to buy dvd's if I can do the same with just the downloads. You really don't have to stop to string a workout together, IMO! You can copy a download and crop it to what you want it to do. Not a big deal. This way you creating your own, never seen premixes. You also can do this with other downloads, IMO. I would totally agree with you on Cathe's older dvd's, but not her last few series. You also can use the guide/WM to figure out what chapter B2 or C1 is? Cathe premixes are not complicated like she did in her older ones. Premix: double it: Main workout + main workout + abs+ stretch. I really don't see buying a dvd for that. Well, if she comes up with premixes like she did in the past, than that is another story, IMO! As far as the chapter goes, personally I don't see a need. Never use them. I get bored doing the same stuff over and over again. I am not trying to talk you or anyone else out of buying dvd's, just saying for me it just doesn't make sense. DVD's take up space, they are not convenient for me anymore. Like I said, I went back all the way to Strong & Sweaty series. If you take a look at the premixes on the Cathe sale page, you know what I mean. Nothing special about those premixes. With downloads I can mix and match with other downloads/instructors. I could come up with some awesome premixes.

Have a great day and workout.

Belinda- Did you decide to order? I used to be able to run the workout blender on my computer - but since the ICE series the chapter titles don't show up and with the LITE series I couldn't get it to work altogether because Adobe had updated the program that it runs off of.

This morning I did another Sydney Cummings from Youtube at the park. I took my sandbag and a couple dumbells this time. I had to make 2 trips from my car. I need a way to get it all down from the parking lot at once!

Doreen - still deciding :( What's stopping me from buying anymore dvd's are the premixes. I used to love Cathe's premixes.Someone else mention you can copy the downloads and make your own. Like I said above, there isn't anything special or complicated premixes in her last few series. In her last few series all she did is string them together. Not hard to do with the downloads, IMO! Her premixes are not what they used to be, IMO! I don't make any sense to me buying dvd's anymore with those premixes :confused: I even like the idea mix and match with other downloads and create a fantastic premixes. I been looking at the workout guides/sale page comparing the premixes.Maybe I put in one preorder with downloads only and the other with dvd's/downloads. I wished they would give out more details on the premixes, crew and music. I guess I could preorder and cancel once I see clips, get more details.

Today's workout was Coffey Fit Raw Kettlebell Dumbbell, 25 minutes, met 8.0, 139 calories, heart rate average 122, max 169, 1,255 steps. Coffey Fit Raw Just Step, 24 minutes, met 8.9, heart rate average 151, max 175, 168 calories. I finished off with Coffey Fit Raw Upper Body Blast 30 minutes, met 6.2, heart rate average 107, max 151, 165 calories, 583 steps. Total time was 79 minutes, 472 calories, 4,081 steps
Raw Kettlebells and Dumbbells 30 sec each move done 3 times
squats 15# dbs
halos 20# kettlebell
3x 30 sec each
lunges 15# dbs
figure 8's 20# kettlebell
3x 30 sec each
deadlift 15# dbs suitcase style
double swings 20# kettlebell
3x 30 sec each
plyometric squat, lunge, squat 2x
pop squats 2x
split switches 2x
(back to kettlebell dumbbell)
reverse lunge 15# dbs
single arm swings singles then 3rd round alternating
3x 30 sec each
goblet squat 20# kettlebell
knee up twist 20# kettlebell
3 x
ends with non weighted moves and stretch

Upper Body Blast Raw(kelly does this as endurance but says you can slow down and lift heavier)
Done 30 sec each exercise 4 rounds
bench press 30# barbesll 3 sets 25# 1 set
shoulders seated overhead press 25# barbell , 12# dbs, 10,10# dbs

Flys 15# dbs 4 sets
lateral raise 12# dbs, 10,10 # dbs, 8# dbs
(my shoulders are fried from this weeks workouts)

skate curls 10# dbs all four sets
hammer curls done as squat curl hop 10# dbs four sets

Barbell underhand rows 25# barbell 4 sets
dips 4 sets

skull crushers 12# dbs 4 sets
abs knee ins seated on step 4 sets

Belinda, if you can do all of that with your downloads and want to do it, I say go for it. I don't feel like the headache of spending time trying to figure it all out. The only thing I have done with the downloads is use them a couple of times on my laptop when power was out and I wanted to go ahead with a workout, and when I have went out of town. I did put them on an external drive to see how that works and checked it out hooking it up to the smart tv. So I got that. But, trying to make something else is not something I have spent time trying to figure out. It sounds like something time consuming. I do kind of like the streaming for having it right there, but even that, at times I wish I could break off parts for what I would rather do, as streaming is not chaptered and it is like scrolling through a video tape to find a part. I do have some times written down on some of Kelly's although her raw workouts are not extremely long.

Doreen, I thought that you had to pay for Cathe on Demand to use the workout blender. I guess I do not understand that. Acrobat has been doing some different stuff and I have had problems with it.I just figured most of my problems has been avoiding Windows 10. Another problem I have with downloads and stuff is if I purchase them and something goes wrong, I will lose all of my workouts. That has happened to me more than once with music. Like when I used to have Music Match. I lost all of my music. For some reason I have lost books and part of the music I had purchased on my ipads. I have tried to find them and cannot find them anywhere. There was some movies as well that I had purchased through itunes. I guess I am just more old school and do not like throwing money into something and then the company goes out of business or something. I managed to salvage a few cookbooks when Sony went out of business selling books and I had purchased a lot on my Sony Reader. They allowed to get them through Kobo which I think I do not have anymore.

Good morning,

I just finished D80 Booty. I am done with the program. Next week I will not take a rest week. DH and I will go on a short vacation on the 22nd of this month. Maybe I will take a few day's off.

Got great results even though my eating wasn't always 100%. In phase 1 you do the same exercises each week for each workout, she does change the reps/pattern up each week. It didn't feel like I was doing the same over and over again. You also do a different workout each week. Phase 2 was different exercise, again each week she changed the reps/ pattern or through in a bonus at the end. Phase 3 was different exercises with a lot of Plyo thrown in through the the workouts. She worked your abs/booty a few times a week. Sometimes she did a giant set of exercise, on the end you work your abs. It wasn't like endless of ab workouts. I did like the format working your abs at the end of a giant set. A lot of people subbed Cardio Flow for another cardio workout. That one was always the same workout throughout the program, each week she did change it up by doing, 3 exercise 4 reps run through them 3 times or she added another exercise and run it through 4 or 8 rounds. This one was probably the toughest workout. I think it was over 10 different exercises just in Cardio Flow. The first exercise was inch worms than she layered them until she reach 10 different exercises. I had to modify the inch worms, I did them on my step with 2 risers. I couldn't go all the way down on the floor with my back. It worked out really great. Most of the high impact I did on my rebounder, which worked out great. Their is a modifier through out the program, she does a great job. My favorite workout in the program was Phase 1 & 2 booty. I really felt each workout. Phase 3 wasn't bad, just a lot of Plyo thrown in there. Wasn't a big deal, I used my rebounder. Like I mention before, wished she talked less and kept the program moving. DH and I standing abs in-between her chatter/breaks. I had my loops on through out the booty workouts, we also worked in leg raises/firewalkers a.s.o. I also really liked the upper body workouts, she used the loops in ways I have never seen in any other programs, which I really liked. It made me realize the loops works better than the bands.

Diane - no headache on figuring out the premixes with the downloads. Not hard at all just to do main workout + abs + stretch. Even a technical challenge like me can do that, lol. You get all the files like main workout, abs, and whatever. I never had a problem with downloads. It just doesn't make sense to me to buy dvd's anymore if Cathe's premixes are just strung together instead rather than complex. Her premixes are not really premixes, IMO! They are just strung together, IMO!

I will be back later.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Boxing and Sculpting, 29 minutes, heart rate 129 average, max 160, met 6.5, 170 calories, 2,093 steps. I then did 30 minutes to fitness Kickboxing workout #2, 27 minutes, heart rate average 140, max 171, met 7.5, 194 calories, 2,300 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw 6 & 60 core/abs, 11 minutes, 35 calories, met 4.0, 66 steps. I finished with Raw foam roller 25 minutes, met 2.5, 55 calories, 158 steps. Total time was 92 minutes, 454 calories, 4,704 steps
Raw Boxing and Sculpting was the Raw workout for the day on Kelly's challenge and Kickboxing was her dvd workout for the day.

Tomorrow is my usual rest day. I will see how time goes. I may just have my rest day and stretch and add Hips and Glutes or something on to Mondays workout. I will be short on time Monday and Tuesday though. Kelly just put up tomorrow's workouts DVD workout is bootcamp 1 or 2 or both
Raw workout is Hips and Glutes

Diane - before they released On Demand there was a downloadable workout blender that you installed on your computer and used the downloads to create your own mixed videos. It was never released out of Beta because they soon realized it would be better to create an on-line platform than try to have a program that ran on a local computer. I have an old computer that still ran Windows 7 and ran that Beta Workout Blender up until the ICE release.

This morning was a Yvette Bachman - Big Cardio and Legs. On the easier side for Yvette.

Doreen, I remember them t a liking about all of the things that you could do with the workout blender, but I never checked to see how to use it.I gather there are programs that make it possible to mix up download chapters and stuff now though. I have Window 7 upstairs and 8 down stairs. I located the files that were put in my updates and stopped the windows 10 from being downloaded. Eventually I imagine I will have to mess with windows 10.
I might have to check out that Yvette workout if it is on the easier side for her workouts.

Good morning,

Push Pull is done. My plan is to run through all my Cathe dvd's, I also will add some youtube workouts.

I will try and check in later. Have a great Monday.

Belinda- I like your plan. I have been digging into some past stuff recently myself. One week before we leave for vacation when I will have to take a break. We're going to Yellowstone National Park.

This morning I dug out RIPT90Fit and did the back and legs and back and shoulders workouts - combined was about 50 minutes with the break to switch and fast-forward through the second warm up. These are very uncomplicated workouts and you can lift really heavy - in fact you have to or they feel too easy.

Today is a busy week. This morning I got in Raw Cardio Crush, 31 minutes, 202 calories, met 7.6, 2,151 steps, heart rate average 140, max 161. That is all I had time for as I spent the day with my daughter and grandchildren. Tomorrow is my ladies game day and if I can I will get in a workout, if not I won't.

Belinda, nice plan with Cathe's workouts.

Doreen, I am sure your family will love going to Yellowstone Park.

his morning I did Kelly's Challenge workout Raw 888, 41 minutes, 265 calories, heart rate average 129, max 154, met 7.5, 1,259 steps. I have to get ready to leave in a few minutes. I got done early :)
Raw 888 is 8 rounds of 8 moves 10# dbs and a med ball used
punch, hook, upper cut, jack, squat thrust
10# curl, punch out alternating
mountain climber wide stance
lunge side to side putting weights down and picking up
med ball slam (I tapped it to the floor as I am upstairs)
side to side kicks
split switch lunges
bicycle crunches

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.