Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Doreen - here is the link on how to cancel:https://www.beachbody.com/checkout/breg1hh.do?setco=true&type=upsell I believe their is a free trial. You can only sign up for a month or so too.
I believe DH signed up for a year. The newer programs don't have music. I rather play my own.

Diane - she does use some heavy weights. So far, everyone that does her program likes it. It's different than Hammer & Chiseled. They have a free trial.

Last edited:
Reactions: WD
This morning I did Amy Bento Ross Step Challenge 3 warm up and first two combos, 32 minutes, heart rate average 143 max 172, met 8.3, 245 calories, 2,934 steps. I stopped here because some of the fast pivots off the step was making my knee achy. I always loved these step challenge workouts though. I went ahead and put in Ice Low Impact Sweat workout #2 (step) skipping the warm up, 23 minutes, heart rate average 128 average, max 150, 1,390 steps, met 8.5, 140 calories. I finished off with Lite Stretch #2 31 calories. Total time was 67 minutes, calories burned 416, 4,324 steps.

Belinda, I will have to check out the BB free trial and see if I want to do it. I am not sure I would like the no music. I know you can play your own, but I would rather it be already on the workout.
Nice job on your workout today.

Diane - I prefer the now music. I can play my own music. I am tired of the horrible music that some instructors play. My ears are bleeding :p They do have a playlist you can play of spodify. Great job today.

I just did Kelly's Raw stretch this morning.

Belinda, I have never checked out spotify. I have heard of it. Is it an app? I checked out some Amazon workout music and never liked it.

Good morning,

Day 45 Booty is done.

Diane - check it out. You may find the right music. I also play my own music. I'll be honest, before I have to listen to some of the music some instructors play now of those day's :( I rather have them not play any music. Music is really imported to me. Yes, it's an app. You also find tons of free music on YT.

Have a great workout and day, everyone.

Today I did Lite Rev'd Up Rumble calorie crush timesaver, 22 minutes, 158 calories, met 8.90, heart rate average 130, max 154, 1,889 steps. I then did Lite PHA 2 Extreme mix #1 6 rounds, 62 minutes, met 8.2, 436 calories, 1,002 steps, heart rate average 101, max 136. Total time was 84 minutes, calories burned 594, 2,891 steps.
Weights today ( subbed a 20# kettlebell for some moves)
Rounds 3 rounds of group 1 this was done 2 times then alternate group 1 and group 2 for the last two rounds
side to side sumo squats 20# kettlebell 12 reps all rounds I used the same weight(Cathe uses a dumbbell)
one arm row 20# kettlebell (this is a row done two directions counts 1 rep)
forward leaning glute lunges off platform 15# 12 reps
pullovers 15# dbs 12 reps
standing squats 25# dbs 10 reps
push ups 5 reps of single then double counts 1 rep
rear lunges off step with 3 risers 15# dbs 12 reps
close grip bench press 17.5# dbs 5 reps done as single and double cts 1

Rounds 3 of group 2
side lunge 20# db 12 reps right then 12 reps left
biceps curls 15# dbs 12 reps
elevated push dips 15# dbs 12 reps
side/front lateral raises 8# dbs 12 reps
static lunges 20# kettlebell 12 reps
w curl 15# dbs 12 reps
deadlifts 17.5# dbs 12 reps
lying extension 15# dbs 12 reps

Belinda, yes, most newer workouts do not have very good music which sort of puts a damper on the fun part of the workout. I like feeling like I am having a party while doing my workout LOL Music that makes you want to start singing with it is nice. I also love a lot of classical stuff, but that is not necessarily the best for working out unless one is relaxing and stretching. I think the problem is that instructors would have to pay for rights or something to use the music most of us would like to hear. Which is too bad. I think restrictions have probably increased over the years. Music used to be better. I did like most of the music tracks in the Les Mills streaming. I think a lot was probably their own, although Combat was not all their own music. I like Combat for the music and mixture of motivating instructors. The streaming was a bit to repetitive and a lot of bits of the same workouts put together.

Doreen, nice work with Jillian. Some day I might be motivated to pull out some of her workouts and try them again. I never seem to want to anymore.

Good morning,

D46 Cardio is done.

Diane - I can't workout too bad music :( I hardly use the dvd's or haven't touched them in years for that reason. That's how I feel...when I workout I need good music. Not something that puts me to sleep :p I haven't bought any dvd's in years for that reason. I am tired of paying for dvd's with bad music. No matter who the instructor is or how good he/or she is. You pay a lot of money for these workouts. I rather have an instructor have good music in workouts, instead of having a huge crew. Not to mention, some of the crew have bad forms.Yes, their are restrictions on music. I know a lot of other instructors will pay the extra for the licensing for good music.

Have a great workout.

I signed up for a trial of Sweat Studio on Demand. (I feel like I'm searching for something here with all these recent streaming trials- ha!) I did a barbell bootcamp workout this morning. I loved it. 4 circuits of alternating barbell work with 1 minute of cardio as breaks between each circuit. She played real music too - a rock playlist which was very fun. SSoD has spin, weights, TRX, barre, pilates, yoga. The TRX might be interesting - I don't have any classes to use my suspension trainer so that might be fun to try out.

I did Coffey Fit Raw Boxing and drills, 29 minutes, heart rate average 141, max 162, met 8.3, 220 calories, 2,658 steps. Then I decided to try a Ripped and Ride on the Tread Climber and did the March on. Kelly uses 12.5 and 8# dbs. I took 10's down and that is all I used. I didn't want to go to heavy as I plan on stacked sets lower tomorrow and I have stacked sets upper coming that I will do Thursday or Friday. Ripped and Ride was 40 minutes, heart rate average 122, max 162, 1,800 steps. I guess the heart rate dropped somewhat for the weight segments off the tread climber. I didn't push to the max speed though. The most I went was 3.5 mph and I build to that each interval. Max it goes is 4.5 and you really have to hold on with at least 1 hand to stay in control. I like to be able to let go part of the time.
Total time was 69 minutes 468 calories, 4,458 steps.

Doreen, I have some of the TRX dvds and a couple of downloads, but it is hard to find somewhere to hook it up. I used to have it attached to my ceiling in one of my homes when I first got it and my X mount. I got my son to hang it and loved all of the stuff I could do with it. Now no one wants to see me hanging from the ceiling I guess. The last house was so old and had some lathe and plaster walls and my husband could not find beams in the ceiling and we were worried about hanging it. This house, I just can't get him to do it and the kids all think I will hurt myself or something. Not much space when I use the door anchor to work around with it. Doing yoga with a trx is different to. It changes up the strength level of yoga when you are balancing at the same time.

Belinda, I will look around at some of the music options. I think that the music not being as good has a lot to do with the price lowering of workouts. They used to cost a lot more, but music was better. I have enjoyed Kelly's music on some of her really raw workouts. But, she only has 3 of those so far. The last one she played her son's music.

This morning I did a Sweat Studio onDemand, Bike, Bells & Burn. 60 minute class - 20 min on the bike, 15 min with kettlebells then 15 minutes with TRX and then back to the bike. Really good class. I didn't care for some of the playlist but its real music!

This morning I did Cathe Lite Cardio Party, 39 minutes, met 8.0, 283 calories, heart rate average 142, max 182, 3,813 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw ascending pyramids lower body, 40 minutes, 219 calories, met 6.2, heart rate average 106, max 134, 590 steps. I finished off with Lite Extended stretch #1, 13 minutes, met 3.0, 35 calories, 13 steps. Total time was 92 minutes, 537 calories, 4,416 steps.
Weights Lower body pyramids Raw 3 rounds of each body part of 3 sets timed Kelly uses 12,15,and 20# dbs
Squats
15lb dbs
14,14,15 reps
20#dbs 14,14,13 reps
25#dbs 11,10,10 reps
alternating lunges
12# dbs
12,10,10 reps
15# dbs 10,10,10 reps
20# dbs 10,8,8 reps
suitcase deadlift
12# dbs
8,8,9 reps
15# dbs 8,8,8 reps
20# dbs 8,7,7 reps
Sumo deadlift 1 db
15#
12,11,11 reps
20# 12,12,11 reps
25# 8,11,10 reps
Reverse Lunge
12# dbs
12,10,10 reps
15# dbs 10,10,10 reps
20# dbs 10,10,8 reps

Belinda, nice job getting your workout in and going for a walk today.

Doreen, how do you hook up your TRX? The combos of types of workouts put together sounds like it would not get boring.

Diane -

My basement has an unfinished ceiling so I screwed an eyehook into the floor joist and use the caribeaner to clip onto the eyehook. I also have an eyehook screwed underneath our 2nd story deck so I can clip it outside too.

Good morning,

D48 legs is done. Two more day's and I am done with Phase 2 :)

I will not be around much today and tomorrow. My birthday is on Saturday. My family are planning something? They are not telling me what? I still will get my workouts in.

Doreen - where did you buy the TRX thing? I always wanted one years ago.

Hi to the rest of the gang. BBL!

This morning I did Drop Set Dare - 30 minutes and wow- that was a great format super heavy for 5-8 reps then immediately drop weights for 10-12 reps then drop weight again for 12-16 and then finally bodyweight for 16-20 reps. Then I did 20 min HIIT Total body sculpt and another great workout. I was burning out. This Studio Sweat on Demand so far has some great weight workouts. I've gone ahead and purchased 3 months (so I could get 50% off the regular monthly fee) so we'll see how long until I burn out on SSoD!!

Belinda - I have a generic (non-TRX brand) suspension trainer that came with a set RIP:60 - my husband found it at a thrift store - the dvds and suspension trainer included.

Today I did Cathe Rhythmic Step, 61 minutes, 401 calories, heart rate 143 average, 176 max, met 7.50, 6,085 steps. I then did Cathe Lite Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper Body, 37 minutes (I took a few minutes longer writing things down for the first round of each exercise group) 187 calories, met 6.0, heart rate 104 average, max 151, 829 steps. Total time was 98 minutes, calories burned 588, steps 6,914.
Stacked Sets Upper Body
Chest and Triceps
round 1 A
dips off step 32 reps
triceps push ups with step 12 reps
rotating kickbacks 10# dbs 12 reps
close grip bench/ flat bench/ combo close and flat alt 12# dbs 24 reps counting the combo each as 1
chest flys 12# dbs 8 reps
plyo pushups onto step 12 reps
repeat all for round B I used the same weights
Shoulders Round 2 A
dumbbell front squeeze and press 8# dbs 12 reps
overhead press 1.5 count 12# dbs 8 reps
lateral raise 1.5 count 8# dbs 8 reps
lateral U raise 8# dbs 8 reps
Hip Huggers 15# dbs rnd A 12# rnd B(I felt this in my neck and traps and did something similar very recently with Kelly and decided not to push it)
repeat all for round B same weights all but hip hugger
Back and Biceps
Round 3 A
pullovers 1.5 count 15# dbs 8 reps
double arm dead row 15# dbs 16 reps
hip hinge with 3 back flys 10# dbs done 5 times
biceps curls 15# dbs 8 reps
8 point drop curls 12# dbs 16 reps
hammer curls 15# dbs 8 reps
reverse curls 12# dbs 8 reps

Doreen, I bet you were worn out by the time you got to the no weight part. That is usually when everything is shaking if you go heavy enough. Nice that you are enjoying the workouts so far. I looked at other suspension trainers when I got my TRX, but ended up using birthday money to buy it and then went back and ordered the X mount for the ceiling. Their videos cost me 49.95 each and I purchased several. I wish I could use them once in awhile. I also have some Lauren Brooks that use the TRX in them. Anyway, it mostly just hangs on my hook in the workout room.

Belinda, I know you will have lots of fun with whatever your family is planning for your Birthday :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.