Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Hi everyone,

Today I did a 3 mile walk + Susanne Bowen lower body stretch. My lower body is super sore from L4 legs. Need to stretch more.

DH and I going to a Spay-ghetti & No Balls Dinner at Barrel Oak Winery tonight. It's a fundraiser for the Middleburg Humane Foundation. Last year I wanted to go, but Brawler was very sick.

Diane Sue - I doubt I will do that one anytime soon. I was going to review another Lite workout, but my lower body is super sore. Need to rest. Great step count yesterday.

Have a great workout and weekend.

Reactions: WD
Today I did a long premix from Fit Split. It was Cardio Shred+push+pull mix. Actual time was 84 minutes, my time for writing and changing weights was 94 minutes, 3,443 steps, 631 calories, met 8 using Map My Fitness. Heart rate average was 113, max 182. I probably should have done the cardio separate since it is such an intense cardio. If I use Cathe's workout manager and my weight equation with her met of 9.3 it would be over 700 calories as hers has it over 800. Anyway, I felt that was way to high, even for the time I spent. We, won't even talk about my Fit Bit. It is rather annoying. Who works that hard for that long and gets 320 calories anyway?? Map my fitness uses the Fit Bit heart rates and it's workout settings.
Weights Push and Pull
bench press 20# 10,8,8 reps superset with chest flys 15# 10,8,8 reps
knee tap pushups 2 sets 10,8 reps
plyo push ups kneeling using step 20 reps
alternating close grip bench press 20# 16,12,8 reps superset with barbell lying extension 30# 10,8,8 reps
dips with 35# barbell 32 reps
shoulder press 30# barbells 10,8,8 reps superset with goal post 15,15,15 # 10,8,8 reps
front squat heels elevated 35# barbell 12 ,12,12 reps superset with high and tight times of high and low pulses 64 total reps 3 sets
calf raises 20# dbs 50 reps
pull workout no step here
one arm rows 30# db 12, 10, 10 reps
pull overs 15# dbs on stability ball 8, 6,6 reps
overhand row 15# dbs with loop band 10,10,10 reps
dead lifts 50# baarbell 10,10 reps
upright rows 35# barbell 10,8,8 reps superset with rear delt flies 12# dbs 10,8,8 reps
lateral raise 8,# dbs 10,8,8 reps super set with external rotation 5# dbs and loop band 10,8,6 reps
barbell curls 35# barbell 10,8, 6 reps giant set with W curls 12# dbs 10,8,6 reps giant set with sweeper curls 15# dbs 10,8,6 reps
Hamstring roll ins various counts and many reps :)
I think I have went through all of Fit Split in the last two weeks except the metabolic workout. It might be a good one to mix with something from Lite. I got the Lite metabolic this afternoon. The Fit Split one is short.

Belinda, I have had to be careful with the Pyramid Pump Lower body. The last time with some lighter weights and adjusting the moves I made it without having too much soreness and knee and hip pain. I don't know for sure why it does that, but all of the gliding disc work may have something to do with it.
have lots of fun tonight ;)

This is my normal rest day/stretch. I did Lite abs #2 and stretch#2 before church this morning. This was 21 minutes, 75 calories.

I was up earlier than expected today so I did Jillian Michaels Shred It with weights workout one I picked up from the thrift several weeks ago. Its not a bad Kettlebell workout - could be really tough with the right sized bells. Mine were probably too light to really feel it as a strength workout but I still enjoyed it. Then I did 30 minutes of a gymbox step routine which was also a really fun routine. The combos just kept flowing together where you are constantly stepping without many "filler" moves.

Rest day for me today too.

Diane Sue - I hear you on being carful. I don't do a lot of gliding disc work anymore. The older you get the more you have to be carful :) We had a lot of fun last night.

I will be back tomorrow.

Doreen, I have that Jillian Michaels dvd. I think maybe one of the reasons I did not care for it is that I went too heavy when I tried it. Sometimes I make something way too hard and then do not want to revisit it. I have a good range of weight increments in kettle bells.

Tomorrow I plan on working in the Lite Metabolic workout. I guess Kelly is a bit behind on getting the foam rolling workout up. I checked on it this morning and then read on Facebook that she apologized for not having it up yet.

Good morning,

L4 Week 6 Chest & Tricpes is done.

Diane Sue - I had the Jillian set, I was glad when I got rid of it. Never regret it.

I will be back later.

I don't really like all the sliding work either. Just depends but sometimes I just end up doing the move without the slider - especially side and reverse slide lunges.

I did Pyramind Pump upper body Back, Chest, Biceps, Triceps this morning and then did Cardio Party's warm up and boxing.

My workout was short this morning since I wanted to be ready to get her in to either her doctor or urgent care which is closer. I did the Lite Metabolic workout without the bonuses which I had planned to add to it. This was 42 minutes, heart rate average 114, max 157, 1,412 steps, met 7.8, 267 calories. I discovered the user guide that I printed up originally was missing part of the workout card for metabolic blast so I did not write anything down. I used a bit heavier weights throughout. 8's mostly and sometimes 10's.
I liked this workout. Different than a lot of the metabolic workouts. It seemed a bit faster paced along with the compound moves. I wanted to do Kelly's new foam roller workout. I previewed it last night and I am sure it will be a good one.

Doreen, I still do the gliding discs when I do the workouts, but have to be careful with it. Nice workout choices to get a lot in.

Good morning,

L4 Week 6 D2 Back/Bic + 2 mile walk is done.

Have a wonderful day and workout, everyone.

Last edited:
LITE Stong Body stacked sets lower today. I went up on some weights and stayed the same on some weights. Really liking this lower body workout.

Today I did Lite Metabolic Calorie Crush Time saver stopping at the stretch, 17 minutes, 153 calories, met 8.6, 1,648 steps, heart rate average 131, max 167. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Intervals 3, 27 minutes, heart rate average 131, max 167. met 7.6, 198 calories, 1,778 steps. Total time was 43 minutes, 351 calories, 3,426 steps.
This was a really good combination. I thought I already had Intervals 3 in my documents but did not find it. I need to look closer and get it on paper. It is step and floor cardio segments targeting the lower body and light upper body (like running triceps kickbacks, rows etc) with 3 to 5# dumbbells followed by 10# similar move for each body part slower. I did not heavy up past Kelly on the 10# but did use 5# instead of the 3 she used. The description says 4 and 10#.

Belinda, good job getting those workouts in today. What are you going to do when you are done with this series?

Doreen, nice work adding some weight to the workout this time.

This morning was a mess. My headphones wouldn't pair to the TV and then when they finally did the sound still wasn't working. I blew 15 mintues trying to figure it out but I ended up doing my workout off my phone. I did Lite Rev'd up Rumble and half of the calorie crush before I ran out of time.

I did a 3 mile walk + SBF LB workout.

Diane - DH wants to do some High Reps workouts. I have to look if 80 Day Obsession is high reps? If not, maybe I switch to Cathe for a few weeks. Good job, yesterday.

Coffey Fit Raw Strong and Lean 45 minutes alternates between cardio, strength, and kettlebell rounds Not real hard cardio segments and not too much high impact.
Kelly uses a 33# barbell for most of it, 10# dumbbells, and a 20# kettlebell for kettlebells swings and figure 8's.
Strong and Lean was 47 minutes as I decided after starting with 35# barbell to move to a 45# for the squats so two sets, heart rate average124, max 165, 319 calories, met 8.0. I then did Lite Abs #2, 11 minutes, 44 calories, met 5.0, heart rate average 108, max 139, and finishing with Raw foam roller stretch, 24 minutes, met 2.3, 60 calories.
Total time 82 minutes, 427 calories, 2,575 steps.
warm up about 6.5 minutes
cardio punches/squat hops, then just punches front, up, low and all 3
barbell squats35# then did it with 45# my weight 10 reps
kettlebell 25# 20 reps double hand swings
cardio skate hop side to side ending in just hop side to side
biceps curls 45# barbell my weight 10 reps
kettlebell single arm swings 10 and 10 reps 25#
cardio shuffle then mountain climbers hands on barbell
deadlift Kelly used barbell I used 45# barbell 10 reps
kettlebell swings alternating 10 reps 25#
cardio cardio insole slaps/butt kicker jog then just butt kicker jog
clean from the hip I lowered the bar to 35# here 10 reps dropped from 45# here
figure 8 kettlebell swings 20 reps 25#
cardio wood chop center and side to side then just center with jumps
Thrusters 45# barbell 10 reps
double swing kettlebell 25# 20 reps
cardio punches with a tuck jump
barbell bentover rows 45# barbell
alternating kettlebell swings 20 reps
cardio lateral step shoot ending with 8 reps of just shoot
dumbbell kickbacks I used 12# dbs 10 reps
kettlebell double hand swings 25# 20 reps/ alternating swings 25# 20 reps/ figure 8 25# 20 reps
cardio punch and skater , butt kicker jog, step side shoot
deadlift high pull 45# barbell 10 reps/clean from the hip push press 45# barbell 10 reps (a bit difficult on the cleans at 45)
abs and glutes
feet on barbell bridge 20 reps and then 20 pulses
feet under the bar sit ups 20
bench press 20 reps wide, then 20 reps close grip 45# barbell

Last edited:
Michelle Dozios Club routine cardio interval burn #8 this morning. This was my first time through and the choreography is rather tricky. I also think the sound was not synced with the video and that was throwing me off. It was fun and I got 6k steps in the 55 minutes so I'll try to download it again and see if that fixes the sound sync issue. I'm sure the second time through will be easier to follow anyway since I'll know a bit better what is coming. In this one she calls another trainer up on the stage to help lead so next time I'll know to watch her not Michelle as Michelle stops to fix music and watch several times in this one.

Good morning,

L4 Week 7 Shoulder Intervals + SBF UB 8 (12 min of planks) is done.

My DH's cousin she is over 80 years old, her daughter passed away last light :( I can't imagine what she is going through though. You never want your kids go before you. I feel so bad for her. She was our age :( So sad.

Have a great workout today, everyone.

This morning I did Lite Cardio Party mish mosh #7 mix double it 65 minutes, met 8.20, 436 calories, 6,385 steps heart rate average 135 average, 163 max. I then did Kelly Coffey Body Design weighted boxing segment, 13 minutes, 86 calories, heart rate 127 average, 154 max, 1,154 steps. I finished with Body Design Yoga 13 minutes, met 2.5, 36 calories, 48 steps. Total time was 91 minutes, 558 calories. 7,587 steps.

Doreen, that would be different having the instructor pull someone else up to lead.

Belinda, that is so sad that she lost her daughter. I think none of us expect to live past out children.

I skipped ahead on the LITE rotation. Today was supposed to be a rest day but I wanted more weight work this week since the last 2 days have been cardio. So I did LITE PHA2. I went heavier on the leg work but in order to keep going I had to remain where I was for the upper body and use those moves to catch my breath! The whole PHA thing is a real deal. I need to go back a revisit the S&S PHA workout. Not sure if I'll finish the last week of the LITE rotation as written or what. I like the Stacked Sets workouts but I don't want to burn myself out on the cardio workouts because they would work well for the summer when I workout outside.

This morning I did Cathe Lite Metabolic mish mosh #6 standing double it + calorie crush + floor, 71 minutes, met 8.20, 518 calories, 3,100 steps. I then did the Lite extended stretch #2, 11 minutes, met 3.5, 32 calories. Total time 82 minutes, 550 calories, 3,110 steps.
It took awhile because I realized after starting that the workout cards that I had printed out were not correct in the guide book. I had to download the updated guide book and went to print the workout cards and realized I was using my husband old computer and it was not set for my printer. By the time I got that straightened out, it did not just print just the pages I needed like I had set it for. Instead it printed the whole user guide:oops: I finally just left it till it had printed and went back to the workout. Wasted time there!!
Weights today
curl press with lunge/side lunge with abduction 8# dbs
one arm snatch 10# db
4 jabs up/4 jabs across/ 4 leg abductions/squat 5# dbs
forward leaning rear delt fly with curl press 8# dbs
squat lunge/squat press 10# dbs
8 pass under lunges/ 8 traveling lunges 10# dbs 3 sets
squat with two small jumps/ lunge kick lunge stand10# dbs
cross back lunge with lateral raise/ 1 front raise/ upright row 8# dbs
3 squat press / 1 goal post press/ 2 singles 8# dbs
rear lunge with torso twist 8# dbs
alternating biceps curls with leg extension 10# dbs
front /lateral raise with calf pumps 5# dbs
scare crow lifts with hamstring curls 5# dbs
repeat all of that a second time
floor:
side plank with front angle rear delt raise 3 sets of the moves then ending with 8 reps repeat on other side 5# db then dropped to 3# on the last 8 reps (was making my neck and shoulder hurt
weighted sit ups 8# dbs
chest fly with glute squeeze 8# dbs
press and pull over 8# dbs
swimmers lying prone (this was not on the workout card) body weight
weighted sit ups

Doreen, I am looking forward to getting PHA soon. I have to wait a bit to order.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.