Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Belinda- I hope you can get some relief from the meds soon! So hard to not feel well!

This morning was Pyramid Pump which was supposed to be all the body parts but that was 82 minutes and I only have 50 so I got through lower body, back and one set of chest. This is the first workout I didn't immediately love. I think it just gets "reppy" especially since on lower body you are doing single leg work for every pyramid which means you have to do left and right for 12, 10, 8, 10, 12 reps on all the moves except deadlifts and calves. So that's 104 reps of the same move by the time you do left and right. I'm thinking in the future I may only do it as a pyramind up or a pyramid down. That defeats some of the purpose I know but I think I would do a heavier weight selection on just an up or a down and save some time.

Reactions: WD
Hi everyone,

This I did L4 Round 2 Legs Day 4 50/50 plus SBF Upper Tights. I also walked 2 miles.

Doreen - the last few day's my stomach been hurting so bad , I couldn't take it anymore. Last night I took myself of the meds. I was cramping up with pain :( My stomach is feeling much better today, not 100% but better. Monday I have an appointment with my doc. Nice job this morning.

Diane Sue - have fun with your workout today. BBL!

New #195
This morning I got a call that my 4 year old grandson was sick and my son in law was bringing him before work so I had to adjust the workout a bit. I did Ice Low Impact Sweat workout #1, 28 minutes, , 178 calories, 1,980 steps. heart rate 129 average, 171 max. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Ascending Pyramid upper workout, but just did chest, shoulders, and triceps 40 minutes, met 6.5, 230 calories, 1,349 steps, heart rate average 105, max 144. I bounced on the rebounder and did some waistline standing moves between sets rather than just stand there. I will do the biceps and back tomorrow with some lower body tomorrow, hopefully.

Ascending Pyramid (full workout 64 minutes) 40 minutes for for chest, shoulders, and triceps adding a few stretches. 4 sets each exercise, two exercises per body part, the body parts are alternated as push and pull. Kelly and Sammy are doing these and they take turns so whichever one you choose to follow, you rest while the other one is working. This would be good for a heavy workout with the pace it moves.
All 16,12,10,8 reps
CHEST
bench press 12#, 15#, 20#, 25# dbs
Flys 10#,12#,15#,20# dbs
SHOULDERS
upright row 10#, 12#,15#, 20# dbs
lateral raise 8#, 10#, 12#,15# dbs
TRICEPS
seated overhead triceps extension 12#,15#,20#, 25# db
skull crusher 10# dbs, 12# dbs, 15# dbs, 25# db (for me as Kelly realized she wasn't putting two 20's together and she used one) I can move these weight up next time.

Doreen, I feel like the lower body pyramid does seem to take a long time and no real rest. It is not easy to do it as is and go real heavy. Both times my hip hurt and I think the cross back lunges may have done it.

Belinda, I am glad that the nausea is a bit better. Good work getting in the workouts anyway.

I turned in my review of Fit Body Challenge and got access to the bonus club practice routines. I did Cardio Strength #11 this morning. These were filmed live in her class at her club so they are a bit harder to follow because the class already knows the routine and Michelle is leading with her back to the camera with the mirrors in front of her. But still it was a fun routine!! And just like Cathe live you get water breaks with the live class.

New #46
This morning I did Ice Boot Camp Circuit timesaver #1 blizzard blast, 27 minutes, 122 average heart rate, max 156, 150 calories, met 8.5, 1,231 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Ascending Pyramid back and biceps, 26 minutes, 124 average heart rate, 176 max, 171 calories, met 6.5, 1,038 steps, 8.37. I also did Raw legs and glutes finisher, 17 minutes, heart rate 119 average heart rate, 154 max, 656 steps, 102 calories. This was 65 minutes, 423 calories, 2,925 steps. I also added on the Barre Amped bonus ball stretch, 7 minutes but did not add it to the calories.
Pyramid upper body back and biceps weights each 4 sets 16,12,10,8 reps these are done with a rest while the second person is doing their reps Back both do it at the same time since it alternates sides
BACK
seated double arm rows 15,20,25,30# dbs
1 arm row 15,20,25,30# db
BICEPS
Biceps curls 12#, 15#,20#,25# dbs
pledges double arm 10#,12#,15#, 20# dbs

For lower body finisher I just used 15# dumbbells and this alternates a dumbbell move with a non weight move. Last time I used 20# dbs, but was not wanting to push it that much today.

Doreen, that is great that you get to use those workouts. It is nice being able to have a water break :)

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Athletic Conditioning workout #2 stretch. This was 25 minutes, 48 calories. This is my rest day.

Belinda, nice workout with Rev'd up and Rumble :)

Hi everyone,

I walked 5 miles this morning.

Diane Sue - nicely done with Kelly Coffey Athletic Conditioning workout #2 stretch.

Doreen - hope you enjoy your weekend.

Good night everyone.

This morning I just wanted to get some steps and try out a couple DVDs that have been sitting on my shelf. So I did 20 Minutes of Susan Chang Rapidfire 3 which took me through a couple combos. I liked them - a little jumping but nothing too crazy. Then I started working through learning a couple combos from Michelle Dozois and Tracy's York's Step it Off DVD. This one is old - not sure when it was released. I liked their combos. I'll have to come back to finish both these as they both fit well for days when I want something not crazy just to get some movement and steps in. Trying to decide if I want to continue the LITE rotation tomorrow or try the rest of the Club practice routines from Michelle Dozios - I think there are 5 or six more.

I am slow getting here today. I needed to get out and run errands a tomorrow is cooking and cleaning and I have a ladies recipe exchange night at our church that I am going to tomorrow evening. Today I did Lite Cardio Party Basic Mix #6 main, calorie crush, and abs, 64 minutes, heart rate average 136, max 167, 5,373 steps, met 7.90, 455 calories. I then did Lite Pyramid Pump upper, 50 minutes, 205 calories, met 6.0, 722 steps, heart rate average 100, max 143. Total time 114 minutes, 660 calories, 6,095 steps. I used slightly higher weights than Cathe and pretty much the same as the last time I did this one. I am not going to take time to type it all out.

Belinda, nice job on the walk :)

Doreen, I love Suzanne Chung Rapid fire workouts. I have all of them. She is well trained and knows her stuff.

Hi everyone,

I had a doc appointment this morning. I had to be at the doc at the crack of dawn. DH started working again today.

We just finished our workout for today. L4 Week 4 Chest/Triceps. I really don't like working out at night. I told my husband, that was it for me. I have zero energy in the evening. I had to lower my weights to make it through the workout.

Diane Sue - they pre salted all the roads :( I hope we don't get more snow. I am so done.Good job on Cardio Party. Have fun with the recipe exchange night at our church tomorrow. Sounds like fun! Do you have samples too?

Good night, everyone.

Belinda - Did you get some relief from the meds? Hope you are feeling better!

This morning I did LITE Metabolic + Cardio Crush. I actually paused the workout before she moves to the floor exercises and did the Cardio Crush and then came back to the main workout and finished on the floor. That works much better than getting up off the floor to do the Cardio Crush at the end. I like the cardio crush - I modified some of the jumping jacks since there are a lot - but I like the other moves like the one- legged tuck jump which is way more joint friendly than its two-legged companion. I may do one legged for every tuck jump now!

Doreen - thanks for asking. My stomach is still cramping up, I am in so much pain bad and radiates into my back. It was feeling better than it started up again.I am sure, I have some of the meds still in my system. The bite I got on my chest is almost gone. My doc gave me meds for my stomach, which I have to take on an empty stomach. I couldn't take the meds yesterday, I started taking it this morning. It already feeling much better. I hope it stay's that way. For the last few day's I been drinking lots of Ginger Ale and Kefir for my stomach. I need to remember to NEVER to take that antibiotics again. Great job this morning. Need to look those one legged tuck jumps when my friend comes over. I ignored those calorie crush workouts, way too high impact with my knees.

New #219
This morning I wasted some time deciding on lower body and should have done what I had planned is what I ended up doing after trying different workouts only to see they had moves that might set my hip off again. Workout was Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #2 with 5# dumbbells and 2# weighted gloves, 42 minutes (actual 35 minute as I started with the warm up from another workout) , heart rate average 118, max 155, met 6.0, 213 calories, 2080 steps. I then did Kelly's Build and Burn Lower Body Tabata 27 minutes, met 6.0, 154 calories, heart rate average 116, max 159, 1,289 steps. I finished off with Lite bonus extended stretch #1, 13 minutes, 46 calories, met 3.5, 45 steps.
Raw Intervals Circuit #2 all moves done and then all repeated with a few alterations
plank pulls/plank jacks
biceps run curls(hammer first time through then straight curls the second time
legs lunge switch holding dumbbells
rope/jack/knee/knee cardio
lateral raise/ lateral raise single arms
frog squat lunge left and right (Kelly puts down the weights second time, but I kept them)
upper cuts jump forward jump back
triceps standing overhead extensions/ triceps pull to chest overhead to extensions
squat pops/ squat pops with heel clicks (Kelly puts down the weights second time through, but I kept them)
curtsy/scales alternating sides
plank /star raise arm
repeat

Lower Body Tabata
banded side steps
kickstand deadlifts 15# dbs 6,6,6,6, reps
squat variations 15# dbs 6,6,6,6 reps
side lunge into knee pull body weight 4 sets
front/ back lunges 20# dbs 6,6,6,6 reps
Split stance plyo pops body weight 4 sets
plie variations 15# dbs 4 sets
wide stance deadlift squat ups 15# dbs 4 sets
bridges 8 sets (I used a 15# db over hips)

Belinda, wow, you have really been putting up with the effects of those antibiotics for quite some time. Yes, I would definitely put up resistance to that antibiotic being given again. It does take some time to get over what they do to the system.

Doreen, the Calorie Crush on Metabolic sounds interesting. Odd that there is not a premix that mixes it in without going to the floor and then getting back up.

This morning I did LITE body weight and bands since I haven't done it yet. Again I switched over and did the calorie Crush before going to the floor exercises. This calorie crush is a lot of jumping jacks! With a loop on. I had to take a couple breaks to thaw out my legs. Overall I can tell I might not be reaching for this one much. Its tricky to get the right tension on band workouts and I tend to avoid them.

Today I did Strong and Sweaty Cardio Slam, 50 minutes, , met 0.0, 398 calories, heart rate 140 average, 166 max, 4214 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Core Moves with the stability ball, 24 minutes, heart rate average 95, max 116, 83 calories, met 4.5, 204 steps. I finished off with Sarah Beth Yoga from You Tube 20 minute yoga for sore muscles, 20 minutes, 35 calories, met 2.0, 12 steps.
Total time 94 minutes, 516 calories, 4,430 steps.

Doreen, is the calorie crush like some of it that is in Cross Fire with the band? I sort of wondered about that. Jacks with a heavier weight band is a bit hard on the knees for me. I usually use a medium weight one. I have a pouch of multiple bands and I just dump them out on the floor. There are 3 levels of heavy two of medium and then some light and extra light bands in it. Anyway, having them out makes it easier for a quick change if I need to.

Hi Debbie,

Not sure, what happened to my post from this morning?

I did a Leslie Swason 2 mile walk and SBF Tabata.

Diane Sue - I had my share on antibiotics. The meds my doc gave me are helping. My doctors nurse put it in the computer that I can't take that meds anymore. Great job with your workouts.

Good night!

Good morning,

L4 W4 D3 Shoulders Intervals plus 1 mile walk is done.

Diane Sue and Doreen - enjoy your workouts today.

Have a great day and workout, everyone. BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.