Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

I saw Yvette posted a step workout yesterday so I did it this morning. Very fun easy to follow athletic moves. She starts everything with the lower impact version so super easy to stay there or move to the harder version. I even did the abs at the end.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

This morning I did Fit Split Cardio Shred cardio time saver, 29 minutes, heart rate average 135, max 170, 195 calories, met 6.1, 2,431 steps. I did not do the push ups on the squat thrusts to push ups, instead I did 2 squat thrusts. My neck and shoulders are very painful, mostly the right side. I think some plumbing work we did along with my cold and hard coughing has really aggravated things causing inflammation all over. I finished off with Barre Amped Upper Body Stretch, 13 minutes, met 2.0, 29 calories, 39 steps. Total time was 42 minutes, 234 calories. Last night I did a Youtube yoga for shoulders and neck by a different instructor than my usual one. I had a particular posture workout I wanted to do that I thought I had saved to watch later, but under time constraints and couldn't find it. I will have to find it again today and save it.

Doreen, thanks for the heads up on that workout. I love step and will have to try it out. Sometimes she does way too much impact for me.

Good morning,

ICE Chiseled Lower Body is done.

Diane Sue - great workout yesterday. I am so sorry about your shoulder and neck bordering you again. I think the older I get the more pain I am getting. I am always pulling something. Hope you feel better. Get some rest.

Doreen - I will try to do that workout tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up. Great job!

Have a great Monday and workout, everyone.

Reactions: WD
This morning I did #4 in the lift like a bro series. I knew it would be too long so I skipped ahead each time she did the tabatas hiit sequence and only did the first tabata Hiit as a warmup.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

This morning I did Kelly's new Coffey Fit Raw Step 2, 40 minutes, heart rate average 131, max 162, 256 calories, met 5.8, 3,563 steps. I followed this with her new 6&60/core workout, 13 minutes, met 3.5, 50 calories, and finished with Linda Woolridge Barlates Posture workout for neck and shoulders, 21 minutes, 46 calories, met 2.0. Total time was 74 minutes, 353 calories. I am hoping that that band work on the posture work does not set off the pain more in my neck area! Not sure how I felt, my elbows pull away from the wall when doing the up against the wall moves. It is supposed to help with neck and shoulder pain.
I really liked this step workout. The first half is step moves then she does a quick lower focused cardio segment followed by boxing drills and ending with standing ab work which all still keeps the heart rate elevated. When I was done I discovered there was the additional core workout to add on to other workout.
The core workout is done in 60 second ab exercises alternated with 10 rep push up variations
Basic crunch
10 pushups from the floor
leg raises
10 push ups from knees
twisted crunch all right side
10 dolphin push ups
twisted crunches left side
push ups with off set hands right
seated knee pulls
push ups with off set hands left
frankinstein sit ups (arms straight up to sit ups)
10 push ups

Belinda,nice work with lower body this morning I will probably do lower body tomorrow since I intend to leave upper alone till the pain subsides.

Doreen, great workout. I would have wanted to do all of the tabata hiits though. I have a hard time making myself shorten workouts.

I would have wanted to do all of the tabata hiits though. I have a hard time making myself shorten workouts.
I hear you... but I just don't have time most mornings to workout longer than an hour.... and my second least favorite thing to do (behind abs) is to repeat something over and over again so doing it once was enough for me!

Good morning,

ICE ROCK'M SOCK'M KICKBOX is done.

Diane Sue - Great job yesterday on your workouts. Is your shoulder any better? Have fun with your lower body workout today.

Doreen - have fun with your workout today.

I will try to be back later.

Since my neck and shoulders was very painful last night to the point that Advil was not working, I was careful about the workout choice today. I did Low Impact Sweat workout #2 timesaver with the blizzard blast (omitted the overhead press with the db's) 39 minutes, 254 calories, met 5.9, heart rate average 124, max 158, 2,692 steps. I followed this with Kelly Coffey's Build and Burn lower body tabata, 30 minutes, met 4.5, 149 calories, heart rate average 104, max 147, 1080 steps. Total time was 69 minutes, 403 calories.
Weights for
banded side steps medium band
kickstand dead lifts 15# dbs 6,6,6,6 reps
squat variations 20# dbs 6,6,6,6 reps
side lunge into knee pull body weight 4 sets
front and back lunges 20# dbs 6,6,6,6 reps
split stance plyo pops body weight 4 sets
plie variations ( I did not hold the dumbbells on my shoulders) 15# dbs 4 sets
wide stance dead lift and squat up 20# dbs 4 sets
bridges 8 sets I used a 15# dumbbell when both feet were together on these(they do not use weight)

Doreen, some mornings I have to look at the time on the workouts before I do them so I don't have to skip part of it. Once in awhile that happens to me because of interruptions and the like. When you have children it means a lot of maneuvering to get things in :)

Belinda, I think I probably should not have done the push up core raw workout. I did look up push ups and neck and shoulder pain and the consensus is that it is form and head position more than anything else. Trying to lower my computer use a bit too. That aggravates my neck. It has been good today till late this afternoon. It crackles when I move it around when it hurts like this. Nice job on Rock m sock m.

Good morning,

I will do a SBF workout today.

DH and I talk a small road trip starting today, not sure how long we will be gone? We drive to Virginia Beach first. The weather is suppose to be nice. Great for a walk on the beach. I will take my computer with me. I will do SBF workouts and walking while I am on the road.

Diane Sue - those push ups are tough on the neck and shoulders. Use a chair or a counter top to do push ups. Or leave the out for now. Please be careful. Good job yesterday.

I will check in later.

This morning I did Stepboxing from KCM. I think this was released before her 30 MTF series. I had to laugh at the set- it looks like a big blue garage door behind them. Maybe not as much boxing in this one but still fun.

I need to hurry and get out to do errands that I have not been able to get to. This morning I did Strong and Sweaty Cardio Slam, 50 minutes, average heart rate 139, max 167, 4,132 steps, met 6.0 331 calories. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Stretch, 28 minutes, 62 calories., 101 steps. Total time 78 minutes, 393 steps.

Doreen, I believe there is a Step Boxing and a Cardio Kick Step Boxing before the 30 minutes to fitness workouts. I lost my Step Boxing original somewhere, but love the Cardio Kick Step Boxing and I love the Cardio Sculpt Fitness which is step and strength and has a step boxing segment at the end.

Diane Sue - I might have to look into the Cardio Sculpt Fitness one. See if the library can get it somewhere through interlibrary loan. Hope your shoulders/neck feel better soon!

This morning I did S&S Bootcamp. I kept by bar at Cathe's weight but now I'm wishing I had gone 5-10 heavier. Oh well. Some days you have it and some days you think you don't and then find out you really might have!

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Step Boxing 2 workout #1, 32 minutes, 205 calories, heart rate average 129, max 161, met 5.8, 2,803 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Step 2, 40 minutes, 265 calories, heart rate average 137, max 162, met 6.0, 3,653 steps. Total time was 72 minutes, 470 calories, 6,456 steps. My neck is still tender and sore. If I could quit coughing I think it would help a lot. Still avoiding upper body workouts. Maybe lower tomorrow. I will see how it goes. It is supposed to get to freezing here tonight. Drizzle outside today, I am hoping the work on the roof is good for impending weather.

Doreen, I am missing wanting to do some of the other Coffey Fit Raw workouts because of my shoulders. I saw she has another weighted vest workout coming. I am afraid to put mine on with my neck and shoulders hurting right now. I generally use the bar at Cathe's weight. It depends on what she is doing how much I use for the dumbbells on that one. I have days like that too. Normally I would have used weighted gloves for Step Boxing, but not today.

I was in Target yesterday and found some mini-bands they called power bands which are a bit wider than the bands I have so I decided to purchase and try them out. I did Metashred Extreme lower body #1 this morning because I know it uses the band a lot. And I must say I think the wider band worked better.... much less rolling up into a tight little rubber band!

This morning I did Cathe Ice Bootcamp no upper body, 31 minutes, heart rate average 114, max 143, 2,014 steps, met 5.8, 224 calories. I then did PHA mish mosh lower #2 each exercise done 3 times before moving to the next, met 5.1, 174 calories, 1,017 steps, heart rate 108 average, 136 max. I finished off with Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped Power Stretch, 23 minutes, 51 calories, 29 steps. Total time was 89 minutes, 449 calories, 3,060 steps.
PHA weights step with 3 rises
Squat off end of step 15# DB , 12 reps, 3 sets
Side Lunge 15# DBS, 12 reps, 3 sets alt right and left counts 1 reps
Step Ups 15# DBS, 12 reps, 3 sets
Cross Back lunge off of step 15# DB, 12 reps, 3 sets
Deadlifts 25# DBS, 12 reps, 3 sets
Standing Squats 25# DBS , 12 reps 3 sets

Doreen, the wider bands sound nice. I hate when the band gets rolled up and can never understand how the instructor keeps them in place.

Good morning,

DH and I are back home since last night. DH and I decided to break up our RT due to all the rain, everywhere. We had plans to drive to Nashville it will pour rain. Wednesday we spent walking on the beach, I added up with 18K steps. The weather was perfect for a beach walk. VA beach is very nice, the beach is only 2 hours from DC. We definitely plan to come back. We noticed a lot of dogs on the beach and the hotels, they allow dogs in the hotels and the beach, they were well mannered. Thursday we went to Williamsburg, it was a lot of fun to experience how they lived in the old day's. We spent all day walking around, every enactor actually works for, builds, designs, and makes everything they need to survive in the town, and everything the they sell in shops. The food was authentic and delicious, many of them live on the property as well. It is impossible to put into words, well worth the trip. The weather wasn't to bad a little chilly at times. Friday we went to Williamsburg VA, Jamestown and Yorktown, amazing interactive museums in each town, all of the sites were well designed and maintained. DH and I have to come back...so much to see and not enough time. It was pouring yesterday we did 2 museums which were inside/outside. It was fun to see but not in the pouring rain.

Today's is my DH birthday. Not sure what I will do today?

Diane Sue and Doreen - great job keeping up with your workouts.

I will be back later.

This morning I did Rock Out Knock Out, 58 minutes, 371 calories, heart rate average 134, max 164, met 5.8, 4,533 steps. I have my grandson coming in a bit so will have to come back to read

Belinda - Sounds like a great trip! Too bad about the rain. Hard to fully enjoy everything with wet/mud.

I did this Julia workout on YT. I have no idea how she can workout with no music! I finally figured out how to play music when I do these but it required two sets of headphones! One in each ear!

I Liked this one. You do a complex of 4 exercises and then do the same 4 exercises in tabata sets. All the exercises she picks work the biggest muscle groups so its a full body workout.

Belinda, your road trip sounds really nice and so much to see and take in. I would love it. Sorry about the rain. I hope that you enjoyed your husband's birthday today.

Doreen, looks like another good workout. I prefer to have music when I workout. two different headphones in each ear seems like it would be a bit distracting.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.