Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Diane Sue - I do enjoy spending time and working out with my husband. We motivate each other. DH liked KCM weight workout this morning. Plus, I need to keep the workouts short. Which I may have to say. I like Kelly doesn't use a lot of equipments in her workouts. How do you like Kelly's new workouts so far? I heard the music is horrible in those 2. Great job as always on your workouts. I tore up my closet I have way to many crap. Arr...

Belinda, I have hardly noticed the music really. I think it is generally similar in most. Her older workouts had music that was much more fun to workout to. She says on her Raw workouts that she likes to have some sort of music going. I did notice she did a bit different sound track on the new one with the weight vest that I previewed today. I liked it better. I haven't really cared much for Cathe's newer music in her workouts either. I don't know what is up with the music.

Diane Sue - I really liked the music in KCM workout today. I really miss good music in workouts. I read on one of the fitness forums that lot of streaming sites use real music. LM is using fun and real music. I really didn't care much for Cathe's newer music in her workouts. I honestly don't know what's up with the music.

I had another day of not deciding what to do. I started with a Rebox Step by Gin Miller that I had found at the thrift several weeks ago but soon got bored with it as it is very basic step. Then I popped in Advanced Step Challenge 1 by Amy Bento and did all 4 combos (but not the combos combined together) That was more fun!

I'm guessing the music issues are related to copyright or royalty costs. I hear for the last Beachbody by Autum they didn't even film with music they just did suggested playlists on Spotify. I think you can get by with different music on streaming services because you aren't selling a physical copy of the music??

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Body Sculpt Overload, 34 minutes, heart rate 113 average, 149 max, met 4.9, 184 calories, 1,126 steps. I used a 20# vest and started with 12# dbs for the upper but soon dropped to 10#. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Home Gym Intervals using the spin bike for the cardio intervals, 27 minutes, 238 calories, heart rate average 120, max 150, met 5.8, 1700 steps. I finished off with a Sarah Beth you tube morning yoga, 10 minutes, 22 calories. Total time was 78 minutes, 444 calories. This Home Gym Intervals workout is a bit more weights than some of the others. I wish I had a weight vest more like Kelly's we used to have one that was more like vest that my husband used. We have no idea where it went to. The one I have is like the Cathe one. It tends to slip and really does aggravate my shoulder where I get the nerve pain. I may lighten it a bit next time.
Raw Body Sculpt overload
34 minutes Kelly uses a 15# vest, 10# dumbbells and tubing for the upper finisher moves. The vest is take off at 25 minutes in for floor abs and upper body moves
LOWER
reverse lunge touch down
side lunge pulses then alternating singles touch down
pick up 10# dbs for deadlifts (I used 12's here)
frog squats
front lunge touch down
UPPER 10# db curls, lateral raise, bend and row altogether
curls singles
lateral raise singles
rows singles
then do all together again 10 dbs
tubing all moves done 8 reps each
LOWER
repeat the firs round of lower body
UPPER 10dbs
front curl, front raise, W pull back altogether
front curl single
front raise single
W pull back single
repeat altogether
tubing singles front curl, front raise, pull backs with tubing held in front wrapped around hands
FLOOR remove vest @25 minutes
10# dbs weighted pull over dead bug knee in with a crunch
deadbug no weight opposing arm and leg
1 10 db skull crusher sit up
dbs flys to sit up
finish with skull crushers and flys

Belinda, nice work!

Doreen, I think Beach Body charges way to much for their workouts. They do not have premixes. They seem just thrown together and marketed. For them to omit the music as well seems just wrong. I guess it saves them money.

I liked the vocal part of the music on Kelly's new raw workout today. It changed it up a bit from the usual music.

Doreen - technically they are selling a physical copy of the music, IMO :) If I turn on the radio they are not selling a physical copy. A lot of dance steaming sites use real music. Heck, there is on YT who uses real music with all her workouts. I just don't get it. I love listen to good music when I workout. I need some up beat music when I workout, lol. I wished they give you a music off option on the downloads :p I am not into dvd's anymore. Maybe streaming is the way to go, but some are so expensive.

Diane Sue - great job today. I think $99 for BB OnDemand isn't to expensive. They also have live workouts. LM uses really up beat music.I may sign up soon.

Good morning,

X Train legs is done. Love X Train.

Debbie - thank you! I never thought of separate tracks and mixing them up to make a new CC workout. I still use his workout for walking. Just love them. I thought about getting rid of them, glad I didn't. Great job with your workouts. You are almost done with STS.

Diane Sue - although I own a lot of KCM workouts, I never really clicked with her workouts. I am really glad I didn't got rid of her dvd's yet. I really like them. I was really surprised DH liked her workout too. One of those day's I will sign up for her Raw workouts. Does Kelly offer her dvd's on her streaming site too?

Have a great day, everyone.

Belinda - there are a few premixes on the streaming site from some of her DVDs. There are about 22 premixes - I haven't done any of them from the RAW site - a few of them I have done from the DVDs.

This morning I did RAW Body Sculpt Overload. Good workout as always - she really burns out the upper body in this one and it has a good abs section at the end. Then I did 15 minutes of upper sculpt/lower tone. I was surprised that I liked it more than I expected. I only have 3# ankle weights.

Our internet was not working last night. Thankfully it is working today. More rain last night and the power must have went out. The roofer was supposed to come to day and just called saying it was too wet. He says we are next on their list, but all of this rain is killing their business. I have a dental check appointment this afternoon and really need to go to the grocery store. This morning I did Fit Split Boxing Bootcamp time saver cardio and abs, 47 minutes, heart rate average 124, max 161, 3350 steps, met 5.8, 303 calories. I then did Kelly Coffey Build and Burn Cardio Core, 27 minutes, heart rate average 134, max 171, 174 calories, met 5.9, 2,018 steps. Total time 74 minutes, 477 calories.

Belinda, I love the music on my Les Mills Pump and Les Mills Combat workouts. Do you have the bonus workouts for those two sets? I really like the Les Mills Pump bonus with the cardio on it. That had the first Combat I ever did on it and I knew I was going to love the Combat series when they came out because of it. I eventually will sign up with them. I have a couple of music Soundtrack cds that Amy Bento Ross gave out with workouts. I have used them on the side. Kelly says on one of her Raw workouts that if you want your own music, just mute the workout and play it as most of hers are not too hard to follow without sound. I have not tried that though. You can buy Kelly as downloads. I have not done it though.

Doreen, I have used a couple of the premixes of Kelly's dvds on her Raw streaming, just because it was convenient for an add on to another Raw workout, I have done most of them on her dvds. I like checking them out. Sometimes I find mixes that surprise me because the format of moves will be different than I had expected. I was sore after that upper sculpt lower tone. I did wear two pair of 5# ankle weights and went light on the upper as it is a burner. Another workout that left me really sore was the tubing works with the stability ball. It is not a huge calorie burner, but it sure does work the muscles pretty well. I think you stopped before you did all of that one.

Diane Sue - sorry about your internet last night. Our internet goes out a lot too. I hear you on the roofer. Ours showed up unannounced this morning. Crew and everything. Plus, we suppose to get rain today. No way we have someone rip down the roof. I don't want any rain coming into our house. Isn't LM music fun? Yes, I have all the extra dvd's from BB. I always thought I would miss out on something, lol. I am glad I got them all.I still need to work on my dvd collection before I sign up to LM or whatever. I have a streaming subscription for SBF which is running out the end of this month. Kinda debating if I want to sign up again? It's only $79 for a year which is super cheap. Susanne hasn't put out any new workouts lately. I read/heard she has some heath problems going on. She is very quit about it on FB. I love her workouts and my back loves her workouts too. I still have until the 28th to decide. Thanks about all the info on KCM streaming. I saw she offers downloads but they are more expensive than her dvd's and by the way they don't come with premixes like her dvd's. I really want to get away from dvd's but they sure make you think twice about it. Great mix of workouts this morning. Good luck with your dental appointment.

Doreen - thank you for all the info on KCM steaming. I really appreciate it. I do have most of her dvd's. Not sure what took me so long to give her dvd's a try. I only had the dvd's for years, lol. I really like how much she packs in 30 min. Great job this morning.

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

I been wanting to try Linda Barlates Body Blitz Endurance 80 Series Interval Body weight workout. Is was by far the craziest workout I have ever done. Not sure if I like or hate it, lol. I had to modify the headstand and a few other exercises. Still sweating like crazy. Linda posted she got inspired with her endurance series by Tonique workouts

Need to get a good stretch in today.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #1 which is pretty much cardio with 3-7# dumbbells, 33 minutes, met 6.0, 218 calories heart rate average 128, max 168, 2668 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey Sculpt RX workout #1, heart rate average 100, ma 129, met 4.8, 201 calories, 690 steps. I finished off with Barre Amped Upper Stretch adding some lower stretches, 16 minutes, 35 calories, met 2.0, 30 steps. Total time 87 minutes, calories burned 454.
Sculpting RX 10 reps all exercises done in supersets each superset done two times
Hammer curls 17.5# dbs, 17.5 dbs
weights on shoulders squat out and hold then second set pulses 17.5# dbs, 17.5# dbs

front curls 15# dbs, 15# dbs
front lunge on step back knee pull 17.5 dbs, 17.5 dbs

alternating supination curl 17.5# dbs second set double arm curl
squat fold and up 17.5 dbs 17.5 dbs

row on step underhand 1 arm 30# db, 30# db
front raise 1 db 17.5, 15#

bent over row overhand 25# dbs, 25# dbs
lateral raise 8# dbs, 8#dbs

row from feet seated 17.5# dbs, 15# dbs
overhead press seated 1 & 1/2 8# dbs, 8# dbs

flys pinky in 15# dbs , 15# dbs
skull crusher 15# dbs, 15# dbs

bench press 15# dbs, 15# dbs
seated kickbacks 15# dbs, 15# dbs

push ups
dips pulses

We had some errands to run today after my workout so it has taken a while to get back on the computer.

Belinda, at least my roofer calls ad tries to give a time for coming. He does not want to fix it and then have it rain before sealant cures after putting in the flashing and water diverter along with rain gutter. He says they would end up having to do it all over and it needs at least 24 hours to cure. He had hoped for some sun to dry for awhile and then to use their equipment to blow the excess water left off to do it, but it did not happen. Drizzling this afternoon and more rain this morning. I had heard that Suzanne Bowen had an injury or something. I gather Cathe does not have premixes on her on demand service. It is too bad it is not working out for Kelly to get all of her pre mixes on her streaming like she had planned.
I am not a fan of swinging weights around fast, even when they are light. That is how I end up injuring myself. They have to be controlled well. At least when Kelly has you used a bit heavier for punches and things like that, it is a slower pace.

Diane Sue - our entire neighborhood was affected by the storm a few weeks ago. The roofer that does our room are storm chaser. Pretty much every roof in my area we life got damage. There are a few local roofers but after researching we chose the one from out of town. They fix the roof in one day. They have a lot of people working on the roof/siding. Every roof in my neighbor hood needs to be replaced. Our area was declared a disaster area. They also give us a warranty on the roof and siding. They wanted to fix the roof today but it was suppose to rain. I really didn't wanted to deal with rain in the house. Does your entire roof needs to be related? Our entire roof needs to be replaced. Our roofer told us they having the same problem as you having. It's raining here makes it impossible for them to replace the roof. I honestly have no clue what is going on with Susanne? I hope she is ok. I do like her workouts. I was under the impression Cathe has premixes on her website. Maybe I read it wrong? I hear you on swinging weights around, lol. Light or heavy I end up injuring myself.

Where is Doreen?

I was wondering where Doreen was too. Our roof is just over part of the edge of the roof on two sides where it meets the sunroom that is glass. It has pushed water up under the shingles and rotted some of the wood in the corner above the room. From what I have heard with others that have on demand from Cathe there is no premixes, but you can use a blender maybe? I recall someone commenting on not being able to use the premixes because they got the on demand streaming. I think it is just the workouts as is.

Hey all! No workout today. I was helping at the church's middle school service retreat. Games and fun Friday night and camp out at the church then service projects around town on Saturday. We did yard work for several elderly widows. It was fun but I'm tired!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Diane Sue - sorry about your roof. Hope it stops raining and they will fix your roof soon. Oh....so it's the blender people mix on Cathe OnDemand. Good to know. I never signed up for her OnDemand or Live workouts. Thanks for the info.

Doreen - that is so nice of you doing yard work for elderly widows and helping out the church. Glad to hear you ok.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.