Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

New #47
This morning I did Cathe Live Low Impact Hiit and Upper Body, 54 minutes, met 5.8, 346 calories, 2,661 steps.
I followed it with Coffey Fit Raw stretch, 25 minutes, 55 calories. Total time 401 calories, 79 minutes.
Upper Body weights
Shoulders
overhead press 15# dbs 16 reps second round 12 reps
deadlift to upright rows 12# dbs this is a deadlift with 6 upright rows repeated
rear delt flys 10# dbs 2 sets
lateral raise 1 arm, both arms, 1 arm, 8# dbs changes to 5# second round
repeat
Biceps
hammer curl 15# dbs 8 reps
sweeper curls 12# dbs 8 reps
traditional curl 10# dbs 8 reps
reverse curl 8# dbs 8 reps
repeat
Triceps
Overhead extensions 12#dbs 12 reps 1st round 8 reps second
kickbacks 12# dbs 12 reps
repeat
Chest
wide push ups 8 reps/ close push ups 2 reps on knees repeat
pullovers 15# db first round 15# dbs 2nd round
chest flys 15# dbs
repeat
Core/upper
10# reach overhead then to toes 16 Reps
5# dbs reach to opposite toe 12 reps
russian twist 10# db
elbow on floor reach up with opposite hand 8 reps right then 8 left then alternate
leg shooters 16 reps
plank down up toe tap
plank hold

I did get part of a workout in this morning while the team was warming up. The soccer complex has a bike/walking trail that I followed for a while and then found a playground with some cushy surface and I did 30 minutes of Peak Fit Anytime Anywhere workout.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Cathe live Lower Body Bootcamp, 61 minutes(actual 58 minutes), 1,533 steps, 270 calories, met 4.0. I then did a Sarah Beth Yoga from youtube, morning yoga, 21 minutes, 46 calories, met 2.0. Total time 82 minutes, 316 calories. We took our daughter and grandchildren to dinner for her birthday and had a nice visit.
Live Lower Body Bootcamp
No moves are repeated. Cathe suggests weights up to 20# or whatever you would use for deadlifts. Uses a mat for some moves and a high step with up to 4 risers. 6 rounds of 4 moves
Round #1
Deadlift 30# dbs 18 reps
Squats 25# dbs 26 reps
elevated pick up lunge 12# dbs
core- plank on forearms forward/back move with leg lifts
Round #2
step up lunge back 12# dbs 12 reps
light weights as markers 12# dbs side lunge reach alternating 24 reps
cross back lunge pulse style 4 sets of 15 and 1 15# db
core- leg thrusters
Round #3
Drop squat off side of step 15# db each side 20 reps
pulse lunge 6 sets of 3 pulses and 2 lunges each side 12# dbs
pick up squats 20# dbs 12 reps of putting down and picking up
core-triangle choke hold 12 reps
Round #4
pulsing reverse lunge off step 14 reps 12# dbs
walking lunge 4 pulse steps with plie squat
calf raises 15# dbs 50 reps
core-reverse curl push out 12 reps
Round #5
front swing abduction 16 reps on high step 12# db (next time I will use a 10# db)
holding 12# dbs front leg raise 64 reps each leg
pivoting sumo squat 15# db ending with 2 sets of 15 pulses
core-double leg extesion 12# db
Round #6
single leg deadlift 12 reps 15#
outer thigh lifts 64 reps with mat over high step and on side
8# high step glute raises 80 reps on second set when she adds a bonus set (not sure what I did on first set
core- windshield wiper

This morning was cardio. I did Cathe Live Ready Set Step, 45 minutes, heart rate 133 average, 159 max, met 5.9, 293 calories, 4,431 steps. I then did Cathe Live time saver Step Grooves, 35 minutes, 225 calories, heart rate average 125, max 149, 3255 steps. Total time was 80 minutes, 520 calories. I need to head to the bank. I want to get back so that I am here when they deliver our reel lawn mower. They have quit bringing packages up by the door as much and leaving them set by the gate. That may not be UPS though. Probably USPS. Fed Ex is the worst. I have had them throw them down outside the gate or heard packages that were tossed over the gate hit the pavement. I purposely keep Gertie inside when I know packages are coming so that is not the issue. We had a nice time last night with my daughter and her children celebrating her birthday. We are having a family celebration on Sunday. I need to go pick up some things.

Doreen, I sometimes feel unmotivated for a workout series I start. You got in a good workout. I like workouts like Les Mills Pump where they use the weight plates that are open like handles. It adds something a bit different.

Hey everyone,

I am still in DC. I mention last week that my nephew from Germany came to visit. We are showing him DC. He never seen DC in the summer only in the winter. We will stay in DC until Friday, than we will all drive to WV. He likes outdoors and wants to do some hiking and see some black bears. Maybe we drive up for a day or 2 to NY? Besides walking I haven't done anything else. Hopefully I will get a workout Friday. Today we will go to the zoo. Tomorrow he wants to see the National Aquarium.

Keep up the good work. I will be back in a few day's.

Belinda- sounds like fun with your nephew!

I signed up for another month of CoffeeFit Raw (before she raises the price back). This morning I did Compound moves - very good, metabolic workout. She and Sammy only use 10#s. I started with 10#, switched to 15# and then back to 10# If I do it again I'll know better when to use the 15#s but I still got a good workout. Then I finished with Raw Just Step for 22 minutes to get some steps in. Love that step workout. Easy to follow straight forward athletic step!!

Today's workout was Cathe Live Upper Body Bootcamp, 62 minutes, heart rate average 97, max 144, 912 steps, met 4.0, 274 calories (fit bit said 145 and map my fitness said 369) I chose this workout since I did the live Lower Body Bootcamp on Monday. I followed this with Coffey Fit Raw Upper Body Finisher 14 minutes, heart rate average 104, max 130, 62 calories, met 4.0. Total time was 76 minutes, 336 calories.
Upper body boot camp, 3 same body part exercises + 1 core exercise for each body part. Uses a stability ball, little rest throughout, Cathe does not count out reps very much so these are my reps
Rnd 1 chest
bench press on the ball 15#dbs 40 reps :0
flys on ball 12# dbs 24 reps
push up 8,8, down 2 up 2 4 times
stability ball roll out
Rnd 2 back
pullover 15# dbs 16 reps
one arm row (Cathe 20#) 25# db 16 reps each right and left then a second set of 8 each
seated band pulls
weighted standing circles 8# db
Rnd 3 shoulders
seated overhead press 12# dbs 8 reps then 16 reps alterntating
upright row 15# dbs 8,8,4 reps
seated rear delts 10# dbs 2 sets of 10 reps
butterfly sit up
Rnd 4 biceps
seated biceps curls 15# dbs 16 reps
incline curls (Cathe 12# dbs) 15# dbs 16 reps
preacher curls 12# dbs 10 reps
knee ins on ball 16 reps
Rnd 5 Triceps
see saw push ups12 reps
seated overhead triceps extension 12# dbs 16 reps
close grip bench press 6 reps of down 2 up 2 and singles 15# dbs
seated on flow side to side with stability ball
Extra work for each body part
incline fly 12# dbs 16 reps, incline press 12# dbs 16 reps, side bends for core with 20# db
Y's with band, salute supermans, ball exchange
seated lateral raise 8# and 5# dbs, incline front raise 8# dbs and 5# dbs, body weight side plank reach
one arm side lying push up 16 reps, band triceps extensions, sit up with stability ball
seated W curls 12# dbs 16 reps , banana holds with ball adding scissors

Coffey Fit Raw Upper Body Finisher timed
Front curls 15# dbs , lateral raise 10# dbs, dips off bench Repeat
Hammer Curls 15# dbs, upright rows 15# dbs, kickbacks 10# dbs Repeat
Supination curls alternating 15# dbs, alternating front raise 10# dbs, overhead triceps extension 15# Repeat

Debbie, I didn't realize at first that I had to reset the Map My Fitness app to not log the stuff for me. When it does that Fit Bit adjusts what they got. Usually if I enter a different calorie burn for the same exercise and use the exact time given by Fit Bit, I get the change to where I think that it should be. The burn is only counted once when I put it in MFP myself with Fitbit time. Once in awhile Fit Bit will be higher when it comes to more intense cardio. I just like my numbers more accurate. Good for you doing the challenge.

Belinda, it sounds like you are enjoying your time with your nephew. He is getting to see a lot :)

Doreen, I liked that Kelly workout and I love the Step only workout. I have done it many times. I think she said she filmed another yesterday? I am probably going to drop Cathe live soon and just keep Coffey Fit Raw for awhile. I will think about it anyway, but I am missing some of the dvds and Kelly's new ones will come along soon.

This morning I did Cardio Weight Tabata Intervals. I loved this one. It starts with barbell lifts alternated with low impact cardio on a tabata timer. Then she moves to some floor work with pushup, abs, bridges, etc. Very good workout!

Did you see she posted clips of the 2 new workouts? They look like they will be fun!

Today was cardio. I did Cathe Live Jabs and Kicks, 55 minutes, average heart rate 137, max 166, 354 calories, met 5.9, 4,736 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey Lean Body Circuits boxing premix 20 minutes, heart rate average 143, max 171, met 6.1, 135 calories, 1,768 steps. I finished off with a Jessica Smith Youtube stretch 18 minutes, 30 calories. Total time was 93 minutes, 519 calories. I used 1# gloves for jabs and abs and my boxing gloves for the heavy bag tabatas. I wore 1.5# gloves for Lean Body Circuits boxing. This was 6,504 steps for the two cardio workouts.

Doreen, I loved that workout. I have done all of them except the run with me, as I do not have a treadmill. Just a tread climber and spin bike. I saw she filmed tow more. Her new workout clips look good and lots of good sounding premixes.

Good morning,

Yesterday we walked/hiked at Great Falls. It was so HOT. The heat is killing me the last few day, especially walking around at 100's.

Today I will try to get a workout in.

Diane Sue - we having a lot of fun with my nephew. I been to all those places in DC. My kids live in DC for over 8 years. There is always so much to see and do in DC. BBL to report my workout.

This morning I did RAW Weights tabata. Wow! That was tougher than I expected. Kelly is so good at putting together time efficient workouts. I used 30# as my heavy weights for rows, bench, squats, deadlifts, 15# as by curls and 10# for shoulders and tris. I then followed with Raw Intervals #3 and did 15 mintues of it before running out of time. That was a perfect add on because she starts that without a warm up and it worked the same muscles as I just finished with the Weights tabata!

Today I did Cathe Live Total Body Giant Sets #2, 62 minutes, (58 actual), met 4.2, 287 calories, heart rate average 106, max 145, 1,284 steps. I did write everything down before I did it, but I still had to stop and make a couple of changes in my notes. Cathe sometimes lists an order of the names of the workouts and then when they are done, they are not quite in the same order or the count is off, which is understandable when you are doing something live. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Just Step, 24 minutes, 172 calories, met 6.5, 2,220 steps, heart rate average 155, max 188. Total time was 86 minutes, calories burned 459. I really wanted to go to Sprouts so I could start on some things for Sunday's family birthday dinner. It has been raining almost non-stop. Our sun room decided to leak the last two days, so that is a real hassle. It was fine at first. I am ready for it to stop. My Spark is little, I won't go out when there are flooded roads. It is just not worth it. Hopefully it is gone when I pick up my grandchildren from school Monday.

Doreen, nice workout choices. Yes, Kelly does have some very good time efficient workouts that do not leaving you feel like you were not worked hard enough. I have noticed a couple of the workouts where she did not do a warm up. I remember her on one of the earlier ones suggesting you might want to do a warm up first. I think she said something about having just finished a run before one of them. She mentioned that when she posted that she was getting ready to film the Intervals 4 workout.

I forgot to post live Giant Sets #2
58 minutes, 6 rounds, requires mat, barbell loaded for deadlifts, and Cathe has 5,10,12,15# dumbbells
Round #1
squats 15# dbs 16 reps me 25# dbs
split lunges 15# dbs 16 reps me 20# dbs
deadlift Cathe 45# barbell me 55# barbell
repeat
Round #2
overhead press 12# dbs 12 reps
overhead triceps extensions 12# dbs 12 reps I used a 25# db
triceps push ups 10 reps rnd 1 12 reps rnd 2
chest fly 15# dbs 12 reps
repeat
Round #3
rear delt raise 12# dbs 12 reps I used 15# dbs
front raise 15# db 12 reps I used 15# 1 rnd and 20# the second
lateral raise 5# dbs 20 reps
repeat
Round #4
side lunge 15# db 16 reps
alternating forward front lunge 12# dbs I used 15# dbs
side to side sumo 15# dv 12 reps or 24 reps total
Deadlifts wide stance 45# barbell 12 reps I used 55#
repeat
Round #5
1 arm row 20# 16 reps I used 25# first round and 30# the second but with 14 reps
Biceps curls 15# dbs 16 reps Cathe used 12# dbs
1 arm back fly 10# Cathe I used 12# 10 reps round 1 12 reps round 2
W curls 12# dbs 16 reps
repeat
Round #6
triangle choke hod 8 reps
side plank oblique twist 12 reps
reverse crunch head elevated 64 reps
plank step in step out 16 reps
ankle grabber sit ups 16 reps ?
repeat

Good workout Diane Sue- Giant Sets live looks like a winner.

This morning I did Kettlebell and Kickbox Raw. This is where she had trouble with her lights. Next time I'll remember to rewind and do the other side of the boxing combo when she stops the filming to fix her light. She said it was supposed to be a less intense workout but I used a 50# kb for the swings and a 20# for the other moves and I felt it was really challenging. I love her workouts where she combines these two.

Then I followed with Intervals #2. A good workout but I didn't feel it was all that intense. I probably won't return to that one.

This morning I did Cathe Live Move It, 37 minutes, heart rate average 140, max 164, 239 calories, 3025 steps. I then did Cathe Live Crush It Low Impact, 34 minutes, heart rate average 130, max 159, 232 calories, 2613 steps. I finished off with Coffey Fit Raw Stretch, 28 minutes, 60 calories, 72 steps. Total time was 99 minutes, 531 calories. I see Kelly put up her band workout on her raw channel. It looks like she uses the stability ball and tubing. I will have to preview it. It wasn't up when I started my workout, I checked before starting.

Doreen, I think that is the one I have used 20 and 25# kettlebells for. My heaviest kettlebell is 35#. I like the way Kelly works kettlebells into her workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.