Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Doreen, nice way to get a workout in while making dinner :) !I think I would have skipped the workout.

Ahh. Back to back workouts...this morning was Leg day with Alexis Clark. I did make it through all 5 circuits this morning. Probably because the first circuit was the warm up instead of doing one on my own. Lots of hip thrusts this morning with some cardio thrown in. It was good.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

JS Stability Ball Sculpt + SBF UB is done.

Diane Sue - your workout yesterday looks intense :) Fantastic job! Is that workout on YT?

Doreen - LOL, I do that too when I cook :) Great job!

That's it for me today.

This morning I did Cathe Live Mixed Impact and Bonus Abs, 42 minutes, 278 calories, met 6.9, 2,368 steps, heart rate average 130, max 168. I then did Cathe Live Power Step, 39 minutes, met 6.2, 267 calories, 3,357 steps, heart rate average 150, max 188. I really thought the calories should have been more based on the heart rate. Oh, Well! Total Steps so far this morning 6,466. Total calories 545, 81 minutes.

Doreen, nice work. I actually had some mild muscle soreness this morning from the workouts. A good type of sore.

Belinda, no, that Kelly workout is on her live channel. I like that step workout a lot and have done it quite a bit. Nothing crazy in it.

Good morning,

Slide & Glide is done. I also did D3 SBF Feel Good TB Tabata.

Diane Sue - glad you liked the workout. I will give her a try one day. I agree, you should have gotten more step with that workout. Check your fitbit?

Doreen - what workout did you today?

That's it for me today.

Happy Hump Day, everyone.

Belinda- Good job on Slide and Glide - I haven't done that one in forever!

Diane Sue- I also loved Just step on Raw. Good, straightforward step cardio.

This morning was Alexia Clark - Upper body. Nothing too crazy. Dumbell rows, band rows, upright presses, chest presses, etc. I'm already missing my cardio on this plan. This is weights everyday. Some circuits have a cardio component or are cardio based but not the same as kickbox or step or similar.

I took today off work to hang out with my daughter and she still isn't awake yet!! I've already made a bunch of breakfast burritos for school mornings and cleaned up the entire kitchen while waiting for her to rise and shine!!

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Athletic cardio and barbell, 32 minutes, 199 calories, heart rate average 119, max 156, 1,820 steps. I believe she is using around a 25# barbell. I used 30# throughout. I then did Cathe Booty Max Live, 54 minutes, 255 calories, heart rate average 109, max 140, 1,580 steps. I didn't care for this, not the most knee friendly workout. I keep looking for a lower body workout on live that is not high rep, pulses or cardio blasts mixed in. It stopped right on the last round of exercises. I tried to get it back and ended up finishing on my own. So, I did Coffey Fit Raw stretch, 29 minutes, 54 calories. Total time was 1 hr 54 minutes, 508 calories. Map My Fitness had Booty Max at 319 calories.
Coffey Fit Raw Athletic cardio is cardio alternated with barbell 40 on 20 off timed. I liked it. It does some olympic lifting style as well as things like bench press.
Booty Max uses a high step with 3 risers, barbell at 25# and later 45# and mostly 8, 12, and 15# dumbbells
There are 4 rounds 3 exercises repeated twice
rnd 1
barbell squat - Cathe 25# I used 35# high reps singles and low end pulses
static lunge 15# dbs 16 reps
side to side lunges 10# Cathe 12# dbs me
repeat
rnd 2 step ups on high step 3 risers 12# dbs 16 reps
plie barbell squats 25# Cathe 35# me first round 30# second singles and low ends high reps
leg and abbduction front swing 8# db high step 3 risers 16 reps
repeat
rnd 3(increase barbell to 40 or 45#)
high step 1 riser 12# dbs push dip 16 reps then 2 sets of 7 pulses
diagonal front lunges 12# dbs 16 reps
barbell deadlifts 45# barbell count changes but I think it is 14 or 16 reps
repeat
rnd 4
drop squats with high step and 3 risers 16 reps
barbell deadlift wide stance 45# again I think 14 and maybe 15 reps
crossback lunges 16 reps the 2 sets of 7 pulses
I missed most of the second round so did it on my own as it stopped during the last set of deadlifts. I noticed that when I tried to start again and it stopped there was some alternating crossback lunges on the second set that I missed.

Coffey Fit Raw is simple step moves and floor moves for cardio timed 40 on 20 off
strength moves are as follows barbell used I used 30#
shoulder press
lunge on step no weight
front squat
barbell curls
hang upright rows
clean and curl
push press
hang clean and press
bench press
remove step
squat thrust with barbell
barbell roll outs on knees
sit up side switches
crunches
feet on barbell hip lifts
push ups

Belinda, my Fit Bit is off a lot. It can give a lighter workout that I do in the same day a better reading than something that I am working extremely hard at and have a higher heart rate. It makes no sense.

Doreen, I think most children stay up later than we think they do and will sleep later if it is at all possible. :)
You got a lot accomplished waiting.

Going to shower and see if I can find a way to get my tablet to work right. The batter went from 100% to 16 % during my workout. Not normal. Warnings and keyboard works and doesnt work. I spent several hours on it last night just to get the keyboard to work.

Good morning,

3 mile walk + B&G is done. I will do SBF later.

Diane Sue - maybe you check your FB settings? That's weird about your readings? Or call them? Amazing job yesterday.

Doreen - we have so many dvd's that we forget all the older ones. I always enjoyed S&G. You are doing amazing with those workouts. Glad you enjoy them. She is on Instagram, right? Need to check her out. So many free and amazing workouts online.

That's it for me today. Have a great day.

I wasn't feeling Alexia's workout that she posted for today and felt like I needed some cardio. So this morning I did Amped up Cardio Live - premix with both workouts and no drills for 43 minutes.

Yes Belinda- she has a lot posted on her instagram account but the subscription does include complete workouts with video demos for each move. I'm enjoying them but do not plan on renewing another month. I would miss my video trainers too much!!

New #73
This morning I took my grandson to his first day back to school and came back to do a quick workout. I did Crush It Low Impact Live , 36 minutes, 200 calories, Fit Bit, 233 Map My Fitness, heart rate average 133, max 173, 2,681 steps. I will come back and read your posts in awhile. I ran to the bank and then the day just got very busy. My daughter was asked to come back to teaching. This was spur of the moment as school starts tomorrow. Her children have been home schooled the last 5 years. So, her husband got them registered for public school and she had to run to the school. I took care of the children. Took them with me when they picked me up to get my husbands range rover out of the shop. Then I took my granddaughter 10 to her intermediate school for meet the teacher day at 5. My other daughter watched the 4 year old at my house and made us all dinner. It was a very busy day. I will have to go shopping and do the other errands tomorrow.

Belinda, when I had my knee problems I was doing slide and glide more often. It seems much easier than it did when I first got it.

Doreen, I prefer video workouts most of the time. I have only done a few paper workouts. The ones that you have been doing look good. That is nice that there are exercise demos. That would be helpful.

Today was the Friday challenge. One upper body circuit, one lower body circuit, and one circuit with upper and lower body combos. All circuits were done EMOM. First time through with heavy weights for 10 reps, second time with light weights for 20 reps.

I'd like to do this one again to make better weight selections on some of the moves- heavier.

Hey everyone,

walk and PH is done.

Diane Sue - my knee hurt the next day doing S+G. I only can do that workout once in awhile. Great job as usually on your workouts.

Dorren - you really wanna make me check out those workouts. They sound interesting.

Have a great Friday, everyone.

Today I did Cathe Live Toasted upper body trisets, 58 minutes, heart rate 106 average, 150 max, 959 steps, 256 calories, met 4.0. I then did Coffey Fit Raw stretch, 28 minutes, 62 calories. This is a favorite. 318 calories, 86 minutes.
Toasted upper tri-sets 3 exercises in 3 rnds 8 reps unless indicated each bodypart
BICEPS-Traditional hammer curls Cathe weights 15,12,10 my weights 17.5, 15,12dbs
W curls Cathe 15,12,10 dbs me 17.5, 15,12
hammer curls Cathe 15,12, 10 dbs me 17.5, 15,12 dbs
TRICEPS- standing overhead extension Cathe 12, 10,8 dbs my weight 1 25# db all sets
lying extensions Cathe 10's me 15# dbs
BACK- 1 arm row Cathe 2 15#dbs held together me 35# db all three rnds
lying pull over Cathe 15# dbs held together me 30# db all three rnds
standing rear fly- Cathe 12# dbs me 15# dbs
CHEST- flys Cathe 15#dbs, me 17.5, 15,15 dbs
push ups 8 reps each round
2 close grip 2 bench press counts 1 rep followed by singles changes up adding 4 bonus bench press on round 2 and 3 Cathe 15# dbs me 17.5# dbs rnd 1, 15# dbs 2 and 3
SHOULDERS- overhead press Cathe 15# dbs (she sort of leaves this up to the individual) I used 15# as well
lateral raise Cathe 8# dbs me 10# dbs all rnds
front raise Cathe 15# db me 17.5# db
CORE/Abs mat and 5# dbs 3 moves 3 rounds
monster walks 10 reps
5# weights held in front lying legs lift center side center side counts 1 rep 5 times
plank hip dips 10 reps

Doreen, I often do workouts that I wish I had chosen heavier, but when you don't know how the workout is going to feel it is not always an easy decision.

Belinda, when I did slide and glide I had to limit the distance I slid in some of the moves, particularly lateral moves. Lateral moves are a bit tricky with the knees. But at least they are not jumping all over the place.

Diane Sue - good point! I will try to remember the next time I do S&G :) LOL, that's true they are not jumping all over the place. Great job today.

Nice long workout at the park today. I did ICE sweat both workouts plus the blizzard blast. I did have any DB with me but it really works ok with them since they are just there for cardio effect.

Have a great weekend everybody!

This morning I did Cathe Live For the Love of Cardio, 44 minutes, 3,247 steps, 291 calories, met 6.0, heart rate 135 average, 159 max. I did this one the last time I signed up for Cathe Live and found I liked it. I followed this with Coffey Fit Raw Core Moves with the stability ball, 25 minutes, 83 calories, heart rate average 94, max 123, 215 steps. Total time was 69 minutes, 374 calories. We are having a triple family birthday here tomorrow after church :) I had to get some things done. I am not doing the food though as I am one of the upcoming and a few days ago birthday recipients. We went to our churches school to hang some coat racks in some of the classrooms as school starts Monday and some repairs needed done. We like helping out. Tomorrow after family stuff we are going to my daughter's school to help her get some things hung and set up in her classroom. She was there today doing some prep stuff.

Doreen, the park by us would have children playing on the equipment on a Saturday. They just upgraded the park and play area.

Good morning,

I forgot to post yesterday :( Yesterday and today DH and I walked 3 miles. I also did a stretch today.

Diane Sue and Doreen - nicely done yesterday.

That's it for me today. Have a great Sunday.

Yesterday my husband took the kids for some last minute school shopping and I snuck in a 30 minute gymbox step workout. It was with the step vertical. I like those just for something different.

This morning was Alexia Clark Leg Day! I swapped out hip thrust for back squats to save my knees but still be able to heavy up. I only did 4 of the 5 circuits for 45 mintues and then added on my own stretch.

Diane Sue - all your write ups are making me want to do Cathe Live and CoffeFit RAW again!

Good morning,

SBF D8 Lower Barre Sculpting Circuit + walk is done. I need a little break from Cathe's workouts. I think I am burned out a little. Next 2 weeks I will do whatever floats my boat :) Than I will do Cathe RWH? Not sure yet?

Doreen - good job this morning.

Diane Sue - have great workout this morning.

Have a great Monday and workout, everyone.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Compound Moves, 40 minutes ( 31 minutes actual) , heart rate average 107, max 146, 250 calories. I then did Cathe Live Compound Giant Sets Light weights live, 47 minutes (44 actual) 271 calories, heart rate average 122, max 150. Total time was 87 minutes, 521 calories. I liked both workouts. Something in my settings or apps made My Fitness Pal automatically adjust my calories on Fit Bit. GenerallyI compare and adjust where needed. So, these are what MFP put up. Heart rates are correct. I will see how it comes out end of day.
Coffey Fit Compound Moves
1 minute each exercise 10# dbs
squat/squat elbow pull back
side to side lung/row
plank row 2 jacks ending with just rows
lunge front biceps curls
plie pulse wit biceps pulses
squat curl press
row into kickback
reverse lunge 1 arm front rsaise
1 leg balance single arm lateral raise
side step upright row
triceps dips/ knee ins with hips raised (crab)
skull crushers with leg lifts
flys to sit up
bench press alternating with bicycle move
crunch crunch /reverse curl
mountain climbers
plank to frog squat /plank walk in to frog squat

Compound giant sets I used 8# dumbbells which Cathe used on first round then 10's the other 3 rounds
4 rounds 8-10 reps 7 exercises
squat press 10 reps
reverse lung curl 10 reps
forward leaning lunge rear fly 10 reps
lunge side back to center overhead press 10 reps (this move is done after the next move on the first round as there was a mix up)
plie squat hop to triceps extension 8 reps
push up leg lifts burpee 8 reps
4 rounds
abs standing some moves using 8# dumbbells then plank work

Doreen, I remember liking some of Amy Bento Ross older workouts where she would turn the step vertical. It was a nice change.

Belinda, I get tired of one instructor and need a break once in awhile. Nice that we have so many choices and styles of workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.