Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Diane Sue - I had the original Firm workouts when they came out VHS, and they are so funny to watch now. I had the ones with Susan Harris, Janet Jones Gretzky and Sandahl Bergman. And I had one of those original wooden high"Box" steps. (The original high step challenge!) Sadly, an old boyfriend got custody of my original Box during a breakup. I really did like that thing. It made a great stool and looked nice, too. Never replaced those tapes when I made the transition over to DVDs, but some of the DVDs I do have contain cuts from those original tapes. It's always funny to see those 80's leotards. I still remember Susan Harris hoisting a heavy weight (I forget which exercise it was) and grunting - "Results! Results you can see!!" LOL. I did those workouts A LOT back in the day.

This morning I did bodyshred workout 6. This was a pull day and I normally like those better but this one didn't really click with me. I think some of her moves got too "compound".. like the statue of liberty move which is a one legged squat standing into a reverse delt fly. I finished with a 6x6 dumbell complex for a finisher that I saw on instagram.

Today I started with Cathe's Intensity w/up, a few minutes of step then low impact hiit, 33 minutes, 5.9 met, heart rate average 130, max 167, 144 calories, 1,843 steps. I then did Home Gym Intervals with kelly Coffey workout #2, 32 minutes, met 5.8, 205 calories, heart rate average 122, max 144, 1,618 steps. I finished with Sarah Beth Yoga YouTube Flexibility Deep stretch hips, 20 minutes, 44 calories, met 2, 74 minutes, 393 calories.

Yamabachi, I had all of the first ones on VHS too. I had a couple of newer ones on dvd, but did not like them so much. They didn't seem anything like the first ones. Tracie Long is the only one of those originally instructors that I have seen around still doing workouts.

Doreen, I will do the compound moves, but I really don't like doing them very much. It seems there are a lot of them in metabolic type workouts. One of the things I didn't like so much about the lower body workouts that came out the same time as Flex Train was the first part seemed pretty much the same on the lower workouts as Flex train doing the squat presses etc.. I often skipped those compound moves and did the chair work and stability ball work.

Hi everyone,

Today I did did a step workout.

Diane Sue - great job today.

Doreen - how are you liking BS so far? Nice job!

Yamabachi - I agree use the dvd's you already have. I have Flex Train but never open it.

That's it for me today. Have a great weekend, everyone.

Reactions: WD
While I was at my daughter's house, my granddaughter gave me back my Zumba Exhilerate workouts (I never really liked them that much), Supreme 90, and Tracey Anderson Teen Meta. I really liked Supreme 90. I haven't had these in 5 years :) That Tracey Anderson set actually has some dance type work with some teens and music!! Not the typical Tracey Anderson just doing her thing and not saying much of anything. There was a loop band workout on it too. It might be interesting to check these out again. Maybe not Zumba. I was going to sell it and then she borrowed it and was doing it with her mother and I told them to keep it. But, now I have it back.

Belinda, good job getting step in today.

Good morning,

Ended up taking a rest day yesterday. I was so tired. Today I will I did M3 Week 3 D 31. Susanne Bowen started a 8 week Summer Sizzler challenge, D1 Cardio Interval Barre Strength is done.

Diane Sue - that is funny they gave them back, lol. I LOVE Zumba. Zumba is a nice calorie burner. Have fun. Maybe I will pull mine out too.

I will be back later.

I've never tried Zumba - is it just dance workouts?

This morning I did RIPT90 - Death by Thruster. Four different thruster moves for 15 reps 3 times through. I mixed up between 10s and 15s but mostly10s. Regular Thruster, Burpee Thruster (I omitted the pushup), Sumo Thruster, Lunge Thruster on each leg.

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Low Impact both workouts combined, 50 minutes, 320 calories, 3,595 steps, heart rate average 127, max 169. I finished off with Sarah Beth Yoga Cooldown legs and hips, 11 minutes, 24 calories. Total time 61 minutes 344 calories.

Belinda, I think my granddaughter had quit using them and is now getting ready to go to college and stay in dorms. A couple of the dvds she had borrowed for her dad who was wanting something to strengthen the core. I forgot he had P90X Abs. It was tucked inside the carrying case I had the Supreme 90 in. Nice work

Doreen, the Zumba Exhilerate does have one workout that is very light weight Ripped Up or something like that. Basically it is all dance exercise. One of the workouts has various dance styles including some belly dance. I have not done them very many times. I am really not sure if I ever did all of them. Belinda would be able to tell you more about them than me. Death by thruster does not sound fun to me. It is probably not as bad as it sounds though.

Diane Sue - its not as bad as it sounds. Its just a workout you don't really have to think too hard to do!

This morning I did Crossfire (without the add on LI tabata or abs). I haven't done it in a long time and decided to go to the park to do it on the squisy playground surface so that worked well. I subbed out a band for the weights since the weight work is just there for metabolic purposes anyway.

Hi everyone,

Amy Bento CIA 2901 KB Surge & Core Training + SBF arms is done. It was easy to modify KB surge :) Got a high step count. Love the music and workout. So much fun. There are 5 premixes on the dvd.

Diane Sue - I have all the Zumba dvd's, but enjoy live classes more. Last year I did S90. Was worst the money.

Doreen - CF is a tough one. Haven't pulled that one out in years. Great job!

Have a great day and workout everyone.

I managed a workout before I took my grandson to basketball camp and went to Walmart. I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Pump cardio workout 1, 31 minutes, 199 calories, 2,811 steps and did some of the Build and Burn Cardio Core no jumping cardio premix which is 23 minutes before I had to get ready to leave. This was 10 minutes, 557 steps, 61 calories. Total time was 41 minutes, 260 calories.

Doreen, nice idea subbing a band and using the squishy playground area.

Belinda, I really like that Amy workout. I have found that I get a lot of steps with her workouts. She moves around the room quite a bit. I enjoyed Supreme 90 when I had it. I only paid 25 dollars for it and it was definitely worthwhile. I think I got it at Walgreens.

Diane Sue - I used to do Amy workouts regular a few years ago. I stopped doing her workouts due to the high impact. Should have pulled them out sooner, you can modify all the moves. I will play with Amy's workouts this week. My feet never lifted the ground :) Had a blast today. I think I payed around 25 dollar for S90 too? I bought mine at Totalfitness.com. Nice job as usually.

Belinda, I keep hoping Amy will do more of the rebounder workouts that she started on youtube. She used kettlebell intervals on those. The filming is rather bad though.

I got an Instapot today :) 8 qt. Glad I bought a cookbook that has more explanatory stuff and recipes that direct how to use it. I already read a lot of the tips last night before it came today. Anxious to try it out.

Today I did a written out workout from 1busybody on instagram. Full Body focused with 4 tri-sets repeated 3x. Each tri-set had one core move. I'll try to post a link:
I haven't been able to decide what I want to do lately so I wanted to try out working out on my own again. I used DBs instead of a barbell but would like to try the workout again with a barbell.

My youtube feed has now been filling up with the new beachbody program LIFT4 I think it is. Looks like it would be something similar to Cathe's Ripped with HIIT only I think they have you do lifting and hiit on the same days but only train 4x week. Everything I've seen so far just makes it look like the same stuff arranged in a different way with a new trainer. And I think its only on their streaming service - no DVDS. When things are on streaming I feel no rush to buy! Like - "no big deal, it will always be there when I want it" - if I ever do.

New #48
Today I did the Build and Burn Cardio Core no jumping premix again since I didn't do all of yesterday and wanted to see what moves she used throughout. This was 23 minutes, 149 calories, heart rate average 131, max 164, 1,633 steps. I then did Build and Burn Upper body premix biceps, back, lower body which was 18 minutes, 120 calories, 356 steps, heart rate average 105, max 133. Total time 41 minutes, 269 calories. Funny, my time and calories were almost the same as yesterday. I do intend on doing some of the knee hab work and stretching in awhile. My hip started hurting sitting in my car yesterday and I totally skipped extra stretching. There is something about the angle of my car seat because this keeps happening. I adjusted it more with a straight up back which relieved my back, but then the head rest pushes my neck forward.
Weight premix upper biceps, back and lower Still 3 sets of everything, but a different format
biceps pulse curls 15# dbs/ pledge curls 15# dbs followed by side lateral leg lift into a knee pull repeat all
back seated rows left together right 15# dbs/ standing cross rows 15# db right then left/ rear leg lift pulse right repeat all ending with leg left
biceps 1 set of pulse curls 15# dbs/ pledge curls 15# dbs/ balance 1 leg knee up crunch right
back 1 set of seated rows 15# dbs/ standing cross rows 15# db right then left/ 1 leg knee up crunch left

Doreen, that looks like a good workout. What do they mean by "banded" on the one round? I don't see bands in the exercises and am
curious. I have quit having much interest in Beach Body workouts lately. Nothing has really peaked my interest.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.