Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Belinda- Did you have to modify HIIT Pyramid with your knee? I've always felt those Shock Cardio HIIT workouts were very high impact.

This morning I did Peak Fit Pure Strength 2. So far I've liked every workout in this series. I like how the strength workouts are arranged. Back Chest Back Chest Legs Arms Legs Arms.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Ripped with Hiit Low Impact Hiit 1 and 2 combined, 51 minutes, average heart rate 127, max heart rate 156, 3,701 steps, 327 calories. I then did Ripped with Hiit abs #1, 10 minutes, 106 average heart rate, 130 max, 44 calories, met 4.0,183 steps and finished with Fit Split abs, 13 minutes, 59 calories, heart rate average 107, max 140,mwt 4.1, 169 steps. Total time was 73 minutes, 430 calories, 3,976 steps. I really need ot hit the house cleaning today. I don't think that there will be Wednesday Dinner tonight. My 7 year old grandson was running on hay bales and fell and broke his arm. He just got of out surgery. Praising God that they did not have to put pins in which had been one of the suggestions.

Doreen, those Hiit workouts from Shock Cardio are very high impact. I think the Hiit Pyramid one would be easier to modify. Ripped with Hiit Plyo Hiit is way harder as far as impact in my opinion.

Belinda, nice job with the Shock Cardio and the rest of your rotation. You are doing well with it.

Doreen - yes, I had to modify HiiT pyramid. I modify all my workouts to fit my needs. No jumping and I don't use a step. I think all Cathe's workouts are high impact. Yesterday I modified Travel Fit :) Great job on Peak Fit Pure Strength 2 today.

Quick update on my MRI: I just got a call from my doctors nurse at Fort Dietrich. They just got the MRI this morning. My doc wants me to see Orthopedic. I have arthritis in my knees, which I already knew. The MRI showed something on the bone on my knee cap(?). I may need surgery? or injections with some therapy? So, for now I still keep everything very low impact until I see the Orthopedic.

Belinda, that took a long time to get the MRI results. Hopefully you don't need knee surgery. It takes so long getting through all of the tests and doctors for things. Wonder what would be on the bone on your knee cap? I wonder why they can't tell what it is. My mind would be going all sorts of ways on that one.

Good morning,

MMA KB plus SBF Gentle Quick HiiT (10 min)+ UB stretch (14 min) is done.

Diane Sue - until I see Orthopedic I will not drive myself crazy. If they thought it would be life treating, my doc would sent me to Walther Reeds right away. I am not worried. I been through worst. I will go on with my day as usually. It may be nothing or with rest it will go away soon ? Hopefully I don't need surgery? Now, I have to wait and see. I will never use that MRI place in town again.

That's it for me today. I am in decluttering moods these day's. Need to keep going before I ran out of steam.

Last edited:
Belinda- Good that you are one step closer. Hopefully not surgery but also hoping they can get you pain free again!

Diane Sue - So sorry about your grandson's arm! Glad they didn't have to do pins. Did they have to put him out to set the bone?

So I was at the thrift yesterday while my daughter was a soccer practice and found something interesting! 4 DVDs of instructor choreography for Jazzercise! I tried one this morning and while it wasn't like a polished workout I got a good workout learning the moves for the songs. Such fun music too. There are 30 tracks on each DVD and each track there is one instructor that just does the song showing the choreography. Instead of the usual cueing for the class you can tell they are giving tips to the instructors because they will say "listen for the upbeat here and you know you have 4 more" or there might be a short intro where they give a choreography tip. So I selected play all tracks and in 45 minutes got through 16 of them. This way after each one there is maybe a 10 second pause while the DVD moves to the next song and the instructor starts you up again. Its not polished but it was fun. I just got a drink and marched in place until the next track started. I got about 6000 steps with these and some even had low impact modifiers.

This morning I did Fit Split Boxing Bootcamp with legs and glutes, 63 minutes, heart rate average 121, max 178, 384 calories, met 5.8, 3,819 steps.
I then did the lower body and stretch from Fit Split Push day that I skipped when I did the upper, 12 minutes, 44 calories, met 3.3, heart rate average 99, max 125, 91 steps. I finished off with Youtube Sarah Beth yoga Wednesday Power yoga 15 minutes, 37 calories, met 2.2. Total time 90 minutes, 465 calories.
weights Fit Split ( went a Cathe's or only slightly higher) most is lower than I have been using, but I wanted to be safe)
deadlift 25's 12 reps
squats 20's 16 reps
rear lunge off step 12's 8 reps
front diagonal lunge 12's 16 reps
push dips off step 12's 18 reps (as 15 reps then 3 sets of pulses)
deadlift 25's 12 reps
cross back slide lunge 12's
slide side lunge 15#
elevated lunge 12's
single leg deadlifts 20#
added 15's calf raises 30 reps
push day lower
superset squat 35# barbell x 12 reps/ high and tight with step held up or fit tower chair (whatever) 16 reps done 4 times
calf raises 20's 50 reps

Belinda, you are right not to worry. It could even be something that just needs to heal on it's own. I wouldn't use the mri place again either.

Doreen, they put my grandson out to reset the arm. My daughter said when he got home he went to bed and when she texted yesterday morning he was still asleep. Those dvds sound like a fun find :)

This morning I did Fit Split Mixed Impact Cardio time saver, average heart rate 131, max 158, 32 minutes as I started the warm up ,got side tracked, and had to go back, 212 calories, met 6.0, 2810 steps. I then did Ice Low Impact sweat workout #1 skipping the warm up, 22 minutes, 144 calories, heart rate average 125, max 162, 1,510 steps. Total time was 53 minutes, calories burned 356. I have grandchildren here today :)

Hey guys,

I did Cardio Core Circuit plus SBF this morning.

Nicely done everyone. Keep up the good work!

Have a great day!

The kids were off school yesterday so I forgot to post. I did Strong and Sweaty Total Body Giant sets- lower body premix. Followed that by the Jazzercise upper body routines. Light weights - high reps, not anything too fancy but good music and my arms were shaking.

This morning I did Paul K. Burn & Build, Blocks 1-4 and then skipped ahead to block 7 (I don't like the windmill combos).

The grandchildren just left. We had a pleasant time together. They can be so sweet. Olivia and I tied a quilt project that she brought over. I got in my workout. It was a bit of a challenge with the 4 year old and Gertie in the room with me. He was tossing my therapy balls and jumping on the rebounder and the balls and him would come flying off periodically. Gertie kept getting in the middle of the room and took over the corner of my mat when doing abs. It is raining today. I guess it started early this morning. It is greatly needed here.
My workout was Low Impact Series After Burn, 61 minutes( there was a couple of breaks which made it longer),met 5.8, heart rate 118 average, 156 max, 2,945 steps. I then did Strong and Sweaty bonus abs, 13 minutes, 57 calories, met 4.0, 288 steps, heart rate average 103, max 134, 288 steps. Total time was 74 minutes, 447 calories.

Doreen, nice workouts. I don't blame you on the windmills.

This morning I did Lean Body Circuits - Workout two followed by the Weights only premix. I have Amped Up Cardio Live on hold for me at the library! So excited to try that one.

Today's workout was much longer than I had anticipated. I should have skipped the cardio so it wasn't so long. I decided this week I would do Amy Bento Ross drop set strength 3 day split which works every body part twice in a week. I chose split 3 first as it is the longest one that should have been 72 minutes, but took me 97 minutes for writing notes down for next time. For some reason I cannot find all of my notes I had down in the past. For cardio I did a timesaver mix from Cathe's Crossfire, fitness blast and firewalker tabata, 27 minutes, heart rate average 123, max 155, 2,117 steps, 178 calories, met 6. I then started drop sets strength split 3, legs, shoulders, biceps, triceps, and core, 97 minutes, heart rate 104 average, max 153, 1,381 steps, met 428 calories. Total time was 2 hours 4 minutes, calories burned 606.
Drop sets all exercises done in sets of 8,10,12 reps
sumo squat arm positions change each set (rack) 20#dbs, 8 reps, (arms up to L position) 10#dbs, 10 reps, (arms overhead) 8#dbs 12 reps all right then repeat second set all on the left side
Bulgarian lunge 20#dbs 8 reps , (arms rack) 10#dbs 10 reps, arms overhead 8#dbs 12 reps all done on the right then repeat on the left
Close stance squats 20#dbs 8 reps, 12#dbs 10 reps arms move forward and back, squat overhead press 10#dbs 8 reps
single leg deadlift 20#dbs, 8 reps, w/ a row 15#dbs 10 reps, w/ lunge back push off 10#dbs 12 reps right then repeat all on the left
shoulders
seated Arnold press 15#dbs 8 reps point in like pouring at the bottom, 12#dbs 10 reps, 10#dbs 12 reps
Double Vs forward and back 15#dbs 8 reps, 10#dbs 10 reps, 5#dbs 12 reps
Eagles seated (lateral raise) 10# dbs 8 reps, 8#dbs 10 reps, 5#dbs 12 reps
Biceps
bentover concentration curl(done in a squat position rotate at the bottom) 20# db 8 reps, 15#db 10 reps, 12#db 12 rep all right then repeat left
hammer curl 20# 8 reps, (from the hip starting less range) 15#dbs 10 reps, 10#dbs 12 reps curl into long curl
seated curl 12#dbs 8 reps, 10#dbs 10 reps (turn to bench like pouring at bottom) , 8#dbs 8reps( curl to long curl turn to step)
Triceps
wide kickback 15#dbs 8 reps, 12#dbs 10 reps, 10# dbs 12 reps
overhead tension press (bringing dumbbells together at end of move) 12#dbs 8 reps, 10#dbs 10 reps, 8#dbs 12 reps
triceps push ups with bench 3 risers fall down push ups 8 reps, push up jump back walk in 10 reps, push up with one leg elevated 12 reps
Core
standing figure 8 with halos 8#dbs 8 reps right and left repeat
tuck levitation 8 on step 8 on floor repeat
crunch lying on step with head elevated arms extended overhead 8 reps repeat
plank on step hop knees in right then left 8 reps repeat

Doreen, I love Amped up Cardio. I pull that one out quite a lot. In fact my eyes hit that one this morning, but I reminded myself that I had some others I have not done in awhile that I wanted to do.

Diane Sue- I can see why you like it. I did workout one and then the premix for workout 2 with no drills. It was fun! Good music, good combos, the drills are not killer. Kelly and crew and having fun with the crowd. I think I'll plan on buying it - probably in purple player as it is a good no equipment option for a travel workout.

Hey guys,

I am back! Got logged out on Friday and couldn't log into the forum to safe my life. Customer service had to manually reset my password :) Cathe customer service is the best :)

I have lots to catch up on, BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.