I need a new reading list

DawnA

Cathlete
What's everyone reading these days? I'm looking for something lighthearted. I've been so tense I truly don't think I could handle anything heavy. I need a major distraction. Suggestions please!
Thanks,
Dawn

Try "W" magazine. They are very thick and full of pictures. All the latest fashions and gossip. Try it with a cup of coffee and you have a whole evening worth of entertainment.

Madonna

Janet Evanovich's series starting with One for the Money....very funny with some sex appeal thrown in for good measure. You can find her books in the mystery section.

Stacy

Dawn-
You have time for reading? I think of you as the busiest person on these forums! Hey, if you can do it, surely I can too. Hope all is well!

your pal,
Nancy

Hi Nancy,
I read after the little angels go to bed. I swear to G-d, today it was Dawn's house of pain. (Meaning I relive the pain of childbirth anew every day.) I feel like I live in that Bill Cosby video where the wife yells at the ceiling "don't make me come up there". On the bright side, I can occasionaly go to the bathroom alone once in a while.
I have always been such a book snob, but I'm considering trying a bodice ripper of two just for the sheer escapism. What do you think?
Dawn:D

Hi Dawn,

I also love the Janet Evanovich series, another very funny, very lighthearted series is by Marian Keyes, she is an Irish author, her books for the most part take place in either Dublin or London, they follow a family full of grown daughters. They are very VERY funny. Books are called: Watermelon, Sushi for Beginners, Angels, Last Chance Saloon, Rachel's Holiday and Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married. Another along the same lines is Making Minty Mallone by Isabelle Wolf, that is laugh out loud funny.

These books are lighthearted without actually being bodice rippers, I am from a family of female book snobs and we all LOVE these books!

Happy reading!
Jill

Dawn, I dont know if you have young kids, but if you do (around k-3rd)
try reading some of the Junie B. Jones books with them. They are really very cute, and funny--even my 5th grade son got a good laugh from them--of course, I had to read them outloud to him, not like he would pick one up on his own!!

I also Love the Janet Evanovich series, they are just alot of fun.

Jayne

Jayne - funny you should mention Junie B. Jones, my sister teaches a K-1 class and she has been reading these to her students, they love them and SHE loves them! There was even a reference to Oprah in one of them!

Jill

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.