I Finished My First 10K

lioness

Cathlete
I finished my first 10K race today!! I challenged myself to do this last October and did my first 5K in February and my second 5K in April. My time was better than I thought it would be and I ended up getting a bronze medal for a Master (over 40) USA Track and Field Member. Mile 6 was a killer but I did it. It's a great feeling!!

Congratulations! WOW! I'm pressed!

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif
[/url]

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

Congrats!!! I run a 5K race every Thanksgiving morning for MS and this year I really want to go the 10K. I never used to even train much for the 5K since i think from years of sports and exercise it just never been TOO difficult for me to power through. I actually have a question about your training. What kind of training did you do for your 10K? HOw often did you run? for how long? how far? ect...

Congrats again! Thats awesome!

Lauren

Jane,

Congratulations! Wow, a medal! How exciting! You will be up in the clouds all day, I'm sure! I ran my 1st 5k in March and my first 10k 2 weeks ago...but I didn't get a medal! ;)

Congratulations again! When is your next race?

Thanks guys! I was on the track team in high school but never got a medal. It took me 46 years to get one. The only reason why is because I signed up as a Masters (over 40) and if there aren't many masters signed up for that race then you get one if you finish in the top 3 masters. It's funny my twin sister finished 4 minutes after me (we are 4 minutes apart) and they called both our names to split the medal and I'm like WTH!! But she let me have it anyway.

Lauren - I ran a 10K back in November just to time myself but truthfully haven't really done a 10K since then. I run 2 or 3 times a week and usually run between 3 to 5 miles depending on the day. In between running I do weight training 2 days a week and also do crossfit type workouts.

My next race is a 5K on May 2 and I'm running 2 5K's in June.

Running is very addictive!!

Congratulations Jane. What an accomplishment.

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Smoke free since: 2/05/08

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/happycelebrations/th_congratulationss.gif[/img] on the 10K and bronze medal for the Masters!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.