Ezekiel bread

lulu68

Cathlete
I keep hearing about Ezekiel bread. What is the difference between this bread and other grain breads? Thanks.

Lourdes

Hi Lourdes! Ezekiel bread is a flourless, yes for real!! flourless, bread made out of sprouted grains. It's very low on the GI scale, has a nice amount of protein, tastes wonderful, and is quite good for you. I live with someone who has wheat sensitivites, and this is the perfect bread for him. He's a hardcore bread-lover. lol It's a bit more dense than traditional bread, and I often find that 1 slice is plenty for me. It's more expensive, of course, than traditional bread...about $4.69 a loaf here in southwest Florida. When I lived in Memphis I could find it for about $3.99. It's well worth it!! Let us know what you think of it if you try it... :)

> It's a bit more dense than
>traditional bread, and I often find that 1 slice is plenty for
>me.

Some people find it too chewy, but that can be remedied somewhat by either steaming slices for about 5-10 seconds in a steamer basket on the stove, or microwaving for about 5 seconds.

I like their "hamburger" buns and wraps (especially the latter).

I LOVE this bread. I eat it everyday. I've also had their linguine, wraps, english muffins and I just love them all. And yes they are very nutritious

I'm so confused :p. i thought ezekiel was a kind of bread made by different manufacturers. Because when i tried to look it up online it was giving me recipes and not like the actual bread. I'm lost lol

i eat this bread everyday. its yummy toasted. i find that it fills me up much better than regular whole wheat bread. its pricey but worth it i think

I love this bread too! So filling!!!

I like to toast it - seems the more I toast it the more crunchy it becomes!!!!:9

>I'm so confused :p. i thought ezekiel was a kind of bread
>made by different manufacturers. Because when i tried to look
>it up online it was giving me recipes and not like the actual
>bread. I'm lost lol

Food for Life is the brand of the bread I'm talking about.
If there are other "Ezekiel" breads out there, I'm not familiar with them, but since the recipe is based on a biblical passage from Ezekiel, it's possible there is more than one company making it.

I must be a freak of nature because I think this bread is so nasty x(. I bought a loaf to try it out and could only choke/gag down 5 pieces. It is very dry and Kathryn's suggest to moisten it up is a good one to try. I gave the rest to a friend who will eat anything. I have switched to Pepperidge Farm 100% natural whole wheat, which others have recommended on this board.

>I like to toast it - seems the more I toast it the more
>crunchy it becomes!!!!:9
I like to put the burger buns in the oven for a bit to toast them (I have no toaster!) and I like the crunch, especially with a mooshy spread, like p.b. or jelly.

I used to eat the Pepperidge Farm all the time! It is SSOOOO good!

Kathryn - I need to try the buns and wraps - haven't tried those yet:9 I bet they're really good too (sorry Karin;-)

Ezekiel bread recipe is from Biblical reference. You can buy it at some grocers(we have one that carries it frozen) or healthfood stores. I did see a recipe to make your own in one of the Oxygen magazines. I love it. It has texture. I personally like that in a bread, over spongey stuff. I am not a real bread eater but this is one I love.The company, also has a low carb bread that is great.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I'm so excited. I found a health food store about 15 miles from my house that carries Ezekiel bread. I this sounds completly dumb to be excited over this but you just don't understand how far in the sticks I live. I never thought I would ever be able to even try this without going 2 hours away to find it. I will be heading there sometime this weekend to get some. I better like it I have been looking for this stuff for a long time. I told my MIL I found a health food store in a neighboring town and she said oh I use to get cookies from there. You think she would tell her favorite DIL who works out and tries to eat healthy that there was a health food store close by.

Farrah

I've tried the Cinn Raisin. It's good, but I feel the need to sprinkle a bit more cinnamon on top with a little Earth Balance faux butter spread. It's divine that way!! It's a great I'mrunninglate breakfast. :9

Does Wall mart sell this bread, or Fred N Meyer?

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif
[/url]

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

>I must be a freak of nature because I think this bread is so
>nasty x(. I bought a loaf to try it out and could only
>choke/gag down 5 pieces. It is very dry and Kathryn's suggest
>to moisten it up is a good one to try. I gave the rest to a
>friend who will eat anything. I have switched to Pepperidge
>Farm 100% natural whole wheat, which others have recommended
>on this board.

Annette Bethel

I tried this bread as well. It is pretty dense and my kids weren't in to eating it, so I have other breads that 100% wheat w/no preservatives, etc. While I enjoy the bread, I just don't want to pay 5-8 for a loaf of bread that I am not over the top happy with. I like a softer bread like you Karin, A-

I haven't seen it in Wal-Mart - hope they start carrying it....not sure about Fred N Meyer. If you have a Kroger they may have it there, ours does (in VA).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.