Commit to get Fit & Lean January 2016 - 2023

Good morning,

Iron Series D12 Chest & Triceps is done. I twisted my right knee yesterday. I am so tried off all those injuries. I can't seem to catch a break. I will do a stretch later.

Debbie - I also went for a walk with my kids yesterday. Like you I bundled up. It was cold. I am so sorry you have to deal with shingles. It sounds painful. Maybe I should get the shot. DIL is leaving on Thursday (there elderly dog has a vet appointment for her eyes) DS is staying until after the new year.

Cookie - I am so sorry you have to deal with so much. I hope your visitors are helping.

That's it for me today.

Hi,

Today was a walk at the gym & light upper body workout at the gym. Starting tomorrow it is supposed to warm up a bit for at least a week. I am happy:)

Belinda - Nice chest & triceps workout! Sorry you twisted you knee, hopefully not too bad. The worse is over with the Shingles. It's nice you will have your DS staying for the New Year.

Cookie - We went to the cemetery for my FIL & MIL, their was a service going on for someone. It is always hard but seems harder during the holidays.

Goodnight:)

Good morning,

IRON Series 30 Min Posterior Chain Workout - Glutes, Hamstrings, Back | Day 13 is done. I also added a 10 Day Yoga Feel Better, Move better challenge Day 1, Yoga for Joint Health is done. They are only 15-20 min a day.

Debbie - today it's suppose to be nice outside. I just couldn't walk with my knee yesterday. It feels much better today. I will go for a walk later. I am glad the worse is over with the shingles. How did you get it in the first place? Sorry you had to go through this. I heard it's very painful.

Cookie - thinking about you (((HUGS)))

Melissa - where are you?

Have a great day and workout.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside, it was actually not too bad in the sun. Tomorrow I have my yearly oby-gyn appointment. I will ask her opinion on the Shingles rash.

Belinda - It sounds like a good idea to add yoga challenge. I hope your knee feels better. They are not sure how you get Shingles but it is a reactivation of the chicken pox (which I had a mild case as a child). It was painful, a burning sensation in my stomach and left side. The pain isn't really bad now, just here and there. They can usually give you meds for it but must be in the beginning. My Dr. thought I was having stomach issues, also my rash wasn't typical so she didn't think it was Shingles.

Cookie - My thoughts are with you.

'Evening! Managed to get in a short walk this afternoon. It felt so good to be outside and to be moving. Had mom's funeral this morning, and family and visitors left this afternoon. My family describes us as "people tired." Hoping to recharge over the weekend.

Deb, thanks for your kind thoughts. I don't think it's really sunk in yet, but I'm very thankful she is no longer suffering. Glad your shingles are much better. It has warmed up here also. Hope things went well at dr's appointment.

Belinda, hope you're resting your knee. I'm really hoping to get back into a more consistent routine starting tomorrow. Your yoga challenge sounds good and beneficial.

Hi,

I had physical therapy for my lower back this morning, The therapist said I did the right thing by stretching since I hurt my back. He thinks I should only need 3 sessions for my lower back. My knees are a different story, I am getting tighter and tighter in my hips/hamstrings? I don't get it? I been doing yoga/stretching almost daily. Hopefully it will get better with time. I am trying to avoid getting the steroid shot for my frozen shoulder too. My mobility is coming slowly back, I still have quit some pain doing lateral moves/anything behind my back. I hope in 3 weeks that will improve too. I will stretch daily.

Debbie - wow, I had a mild case of chicken box when I was older. I hope that doesn't mean I get it. My mom had it when I was an adult. She was miserable. Thanks for the info. Maybe I should get the shot. I heard you still get it:( Glad you starting to feel better.

Cookie - my thoughts and prayers are with you. It took me awhile when everything sunk in when my mom passed. You must be tired. No resting today. I walked twice, once by myself and again with DD and her dog. If you want me too I can share the yoga challenge with you guys. They are short.

Good night.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside, getting spoiled by the mild temps. I also did a light leg machine workout at the gym. Everything went well at the Dr.'s. I had an appointment for a mamo tomorrow but they want me to wait till the Shingles clears up. They said my enlarged lymph nodes will not give me an accurate test. They also want me to get a bone density test.

Belinda - Good news about your back. Hopefully the stretching & PT will help your knees. The good thing is you are still able to take walks and workout. I was surprised that the Dr. still wants me to get the shot because I can get Shingles again.

Cookie - Sorry you are going through so much. I'm sure it is physically and mentally exhausting. I agree your Mom is no longer suffering. Hopefully you will relax and take it easy this weekend.

Waves hi to Melissa

Hi everyone,

Iron D14 Full Body + 30 min yoga and a walk outside are done.

Debbie - I am also enjoying the mild temps. I walked without a jacket today. It's almost in the 60's today. I hope the stretching and PT will help my knees eventually. Hopefully soon. I am surprised your doc wants you to take the shingle shot too. How often can you get it?

Cookie - I am so sorry you are going through so much (((HUGS))) thinking about you.

Have a great Friday and workout today.

'Evening! I almost forgot to check in! Got in a long walk today, and had quite a few long meetings. So being outside and moving felt reallly good.

Deb, thanks for your wishes. Hope you're doing well soon. Have ou had a bone densit scan before? Do they still recommend the shingles shot for you?

Belinda, thanks also for your kind thoughts. Hope they are able to figureout what works best for you soon

Hi,

Today was a walk outside, no hat or gloves, just a light jacket. I'm going to miss these temps. I can't believe 2022 is just about over.

Belinda - Nice workouts & walk! The Dr. said I may never get it but their are cases where people get it more than once. I can't get it right away, I need to wait. I will ask my Dr. at my physical in the summer what she thinks.

Cookie - It's nice that we are all getting warmer temps to walk. I had a bone density test a few years ago and showed signs of osteopenia, hopefully it didn't get worse. They do recommend the shingles shot but I need to wait. I also was told sometimes you can still get Shingles after having the shot.

Evening,

Woke up very congested. I think I have a full blown sinus infection. I can't hardly breath.

I am not feeling well today. I didn't wanted to do anything crazy workout wise. I did a short stretch for shoulder this morning. DD and I did a SBF 30 min Christmas stretch, which was mostly

Debbie - that's a good idea talking to your doctor if you need the shot. My MRI last year showed signs of osteoporosis.

Cookie - thank you. I know you have a lot going on. Continue to think about you.If you need anything please let me know. I also enjoyed walking outside. It was so nice outside. Today it's raining off and on. DD and I went shopping today.

Wishing you both a very happy and healthy new year.

Happy New Year!!!
Hi,

Today was a walk outside. We are going to get a bite to eat at a local restaurant. I will stay up to see the ball drop (hopefully).

Belinda - Good to take it easy, I hope you feel better.

Cookie & Melissa - Have a nice night.

Enjoy the "New Year"

Just realized I never hit send on Friday's check in : 'Evening! I almost forgot to check in! Got in a long walk today, and had quite a few long meetings. So being outside and moving felt really good.

Deb, thanks for your wishes. Hope you're doing well soon. Have you had a bone density scan before? Do they still recommend the shingles shot for you?

Belinda, thanks also for your kind thoughts. Hope they are able to figure out what works best for you soon

Happy New Year! Yesterday was an upper body workout and a pilates one. Today was Essentrics. I didn't make it to midnight. DS2 and DH stayed up and watched football game, Said it was very exciting. Apparently, not exciting enough to keep me awake! Today has been a lovely slow day. Finished my book for a book group on Wednesday and not much else.

Deb, I see now you did have a bone density test already. I'm hoping weight lifting and walking will help to minimize mine. Did you make it to the ball drop?

Belinda, hoping you're feeling better. Sinus infections are no fun at all.

Hope it is a healthy, happy new year!

Happy New Year,

Today DS, DD, DH and dogs went for a long walk outside. I also did Iron D15 Shoulders and 30 min stretching. Felt good. My DS and DD are leaving tomorrow. It's always sad to see them go. I am so thankful for them to visit us for xmas. Wished DS and DIL wouldn't live so far away. DD doesn't live far from us.

Debbie - I am still not feeling better. If I still feel like this after my DS and DD leaves tomorrow I will make an appointment next week with my doctor. We saw the ball drop.

Cookie - I went to bed around 10 pm and woke up 15 min before midnight. I didn't stay up late, lol. WTG, finishing up your book for book club. How are you feeling?

I am so thankful for you both. I hope this year will be a better one for everyone.

Evening,

We we took our DS to the airport. Time goes by so fast. I already miss him. He arrived in TX a few hours ago. I am up since 3 am. I am super tired. I am going to bed early tonight.

I did managed to get my workout in this evening. I did Iron Legs and a walk.

Debbie - I hope you ok. I hope you had a great new year.

Cookie - how are you doing? I hope you talking it easy. You have a lot on your plate.

Good night.

Hi,

I stayed up to watch the ball drop. I woke up New Year's Day with a fever and slept most of the day. In the middle of the night my fever broke. I woke up feeling so much better today. I'm guessing it's the Shingle virus healing. A friend of DH's sent up pictures of their Shingles virus and it was about 10x more than my rash.

Belinda - I'm sure it is sad when the kids leave. It's great that you make the most of your time with them. I hope you feel better and catch up on sleep.

Cookie - You have been so busy, it's good that you finished your book. I haven't heard anything about our neighborhood book club. They don't meet every month.

Hi everyone,

Iron Day 17 Upper body and stretch is done.

Debbie - you're poor thing. I am so sorry your are going through so much pain with shingles. I hope you're on the uphill with this. Praying for you. I really can't complain. I do see my son often. Wished he lived closer. I went to bed early last night. I caught up on a lot of sleep. I needed it.

Waving Hi to Cookie.

Have a great day and workout.

'Evening! Fell asleep plast night before posting. Sorry. Yesterday did CL 346, a split of back and bis. Also got in a long walk. Toda was a pilates wo. Drizzly, very damp day here today.

Deb, hoping you're over the worst of it. Is the shingles still painful?

Belinda, I can relate with wishing my kids lived closer. Hope you're feeling better.

Hi,

Today was a walk at the gym & upper body workout. It was rainy and damp out. DH spoke to our next door neighbor, he had shingles last year at this time. He told DH it took 3 months to be completely pain free. It seems like I have more good days than bad, so thankful for that.

Belinda - Nice Iron upper body workout! It is nice that you do see DS often. Does he prefer living in a warmer climate? Thanks for the well wishes.

Cookie - You are getting in lots of workouts:) Looks like you are catching up with sleep. I have some pain by the rash but it is more around it (left side & abdomen). Also thanks for the well wishes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.