Commit to get Fit & Lean January 2016 - 2023

Hi,

Yesterday & today was a walk outside. Also yoga at my neighbors house. It has been beautiful weather, enjoying it:) My yoga teacher is going to Africa on vacation. A friend of hers was going alone and she asked her if she wanted company. It is a long trip she has a 15 hour layover in Germany. She said they will walk around the town. When she gets to the Serengeti it will be glorified camping.

Belinda - Welcome back! I'm sure you are exhausted. I bet Sadie loved traveling with you and meeting your family. Even though it was sad it was nice you could spend time with family.

Cookie - I didn't realize some of your neighbors were only their for the summer. It must be quiet in the winter for you and your DH. It's amazing you can still kayak in November:cool:

Melissa - It is so nice of you to adopt another cat. My SIL has 2 cats and 4 dogs not sure how she does it. LOL on the Scares Bear t-shirt, Care Bears were big in our house:)

Goodnight:)

Hi everyone! Today was Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper + abs. My abs are NOT strong lol. Probably cuz I skip them so often: gotta work on that! I'm done with work for the day so I might go for a walk, especially considering how beautiful it is outside!

Cookie, the weather is gorgeous, isn't it? I'll take it! I'm honestly surprised at how well Milo (that's the new cat's name) is acclimating, though I have to admit it's a bit crazy in here in the morning around feeding time. We bought another litter box but all 3 of them are going in the same one for whatever reason which is weird. If it keeps up, I might just try the 1 cuz it's a lot bigger than the other one we bought and I clean it multiple times a day anyway, so I don't see the need for more. Typically, Wednesdays and Thursdays are insane work-wise; I don't have client-facing hours on Mondays so those are the calmest out of all work days.

Belinda, wow 300 people, it sounds like your niece touched so many lives. I'm sorry it was under such terrible circumstances, but it is nice that you got to visit with your friends and family in Germany; when was the last time you were over there? SO happy Sadie did well during the trip, including the flight! That is awesome.

Debbie, omg a trip to Africa sounds amazing! I want to go to so many places around the world lol. I give your SIL a ton of credit for taking care of 2 cats and 4 dogs!! I find dogs to be much harder to care for than cats for sure.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside & Cathe Metabolic Blast. It was beautiful out! We are getting ready to go to dinner tonight.

Melissa - I agree I tend to skip abs and really need to work on that. I hope you were able to enjoy the beautiful day & weekend:)

Waves hi to Belinda & Cookie

Have a great weekend:)

Hi,

Today I did Chest & Triceps from YT. Had a great workout. I also walked.

Debbie - great job on your Metabolic workout yesterday. Are you still in FL?

Melissa - my niece sure touched a lot of lives. The last time I went home was 9 years ago. DH and I plan going back next year. That's awesome you adopted another cat and it gets along with your 2 others.

Cookie - thank you! I am also loving the nice weather.

That's it for me today.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside and another beautiful day! ;It was even warm enough to open windows. Dinner last night was nice.

Belinda - Nice Chest & triceps YT workout & walk. We are back it's been almost 2 weeks, time sure does fly by. With our dollar being so strong it's probably a good time to visit Europe. Did you bring lots of things back from Germany that you can't get in the US?

Waves hi to Cookie & Melissa

Good morning,

Today I will do Back & Biceps.

Did you guys pre-order Cathe's new STS? If you did, which set did you get?

Debbie - glad your dinner and walk was nice yesterday. The dollar to Euro is 1:1. I did bring lots of things back from Germany that I can't get in the US.

I will be back after my workout.

Hi,

Tomorrow I have 3 doctors appointments. I decided to do my workout today instead of trying to squeeze one in between appointments tomorrow.

I started STS today. I couldn't figure out what to do. I did STS D1 CSB. Had a great workout. I had to lower my weights, my shoulder is still bordering me. I also walked this morning.

Have a great Sunday.

Last edited:
Hi,

Today was a walk outside. It rained for part of the day & was hot & humid but still better than cold:) I enjoyed the extra hour of sleep.

Belinda - Wow, lots of appointments, good you did your workout today. I always love STS, good choice. I didn't order the new workouts but plan to just not sure which set to pick.

Waves hi to Cookie & Melissa

Hi,

I took a walk in-between appointments.

I had an Orthodontist, Cardiologist and had one with my primary doctor appointment. My Ortho I got 16 new aligners. I should be done after that. Fingers crossed. Cardiologist (for RP) I will get the results tomorrow or the next day. My primary doctors is sending me to a Orthopedic for my knees. He also put in PT for my shoulder. Tomorrow I have a PT appointment for my knees and shoulder. I am falling apart.

Debbie - I can't decide which set to pick. All my appointments were in different directions. I am beat. It rained her too yesterday. Good job on your walk.

Waving Hi to Cookie and Melissa.

Good night.

Hi everyone! Today was legs at the gym + stair training and treadmill work on an incline. Also had to bring my fiance to pick his car up from the shop. I was supposed to do admin work today but decided to just be lazy instead lol. I needed a break.

Debbie, the weather has been so nice! Minus yesterday which was humid and gross but today was great. Glad you got to enjoy some time outside!

Belinda, wow 9 years since you've been home! It would be great if you were able to go again next year. Germany is one of the places on my list for sure. Fingers crossed for you that you're almost done with your aligners! I'm still on the fence about STS 2.

Waving hi to Cookie!

'Evening! Got in a walk today. I am LOVING this weather. Had had some really challenging days with work and just got home from a meeting.

Deb, no rain here, sorry you had humidity. Was this a sauce weekend?

Belinda, boy, that was a lot of doctors in one day. Hope you get a good night's rest.

Melissa, I hate paperwork. Do you? Sometimes you just need a break.

Hi,

Today was another nice day! I went with my SIL to visit our friend who just had surgery. She was diagnosed with cancer but they think all of it is out. Unfortunately she is waiting for the results to see if they spread to her lymph nodes. We did have a really nice visit & lunch and tried to keep her spirits up.

Belinda - I could just imagine how tired you are from the Dr.'s appointments. I'm keeping my fingers crossed all your results will be good.

Cookie - I hope the nice weather is keeping you going from the challenging days at work. Yes it was a sauce weekend. I'm running out of room in my freezer, need to make more room since Thanksgiving is around the corner.

Melissa - Lots of workouts for you today:) Somedays it's nice to be lazy.

Hi,

I had 3 PT appointments, one was an assesment for my neck/shoulder/biceps. The first PT appointment was for my knees. She took measurements on my knees. My left knee is very swollen, the right knee is swollen but isn't as bad. She wants me to do some exercises to keep the blood flow going. Nothing to crazy. I will call tomorrow to set up an appointment with the orthopedics for my knees. When I saw the physical therapist for my assessment for my shoulder/neck/biceps he wants me to see the orthopedics for my shoulder/bic/neck to find out what's causing it. I probably need another MRI. He also wants me to go to PT twice a week for my UB. My range of motion is very limit again. I am going to see if I can see the orthopedics for my knees and UB at the same time. Starting next week I have PT on Tuesday for my knees and biceps and Fridays for my neck. I did ask the physical therapist if I could lift weights, he said as long as I am not hurting myself I am fine. I do modify a lot of some exercise with STS. I am so sick of these injuries.

I did STS D2 today.

Debbie - thank you. I need some good news. Sorry about your friend. I hope she feels better soon.

Cookie - sorry about your challenging day's. I hope things get better for you. I did get a good night sleep.

Melissa - 9 years is a long time, I know. My husband had a full hip replacement. He had surgery on his biceps and knee surgery. 3 years ago, DH and I went to Hawaii. My son got married. Too much going on. The last 2 years I was diagnosed with RP. I couldn't travel, I had to get this disease under control. My sister and BIL planned on visiting us, then Covid put a stop to it. If you get a chance, you have to visit Germany. I am from Bavaria. Very beautiful. My new Ortho is confident I am done in a few month.

Good night.

'Evening! Didn't sleep well, had to get up early to get to meetings and just got done with them. Hoping for a good night sleep and a workout tomorrow.

Deb, so thoughtful of you and your sil taking of your friend. Hope she gets good news very soon.

Belinda, hope you can get the orthos on the same day and the PT provides relief and range of motion.

Melissa, hope all is well.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside it feels like Fall but not too bad with the right clothing. I also went to the gym and did leg workout.

Belinda - The PT should help, but I'm sure it's overwhelming. It will feel like you are working out all day. The good thing is you don't give up! I was a little upset when my friend said she would only do one round of chemo if it is needed. I really hope she would see it through and follow their recommendations.

Cookie - I hope you are able to get a good night sleep. Do you sleep better when the temps are cooler?

Waves hi to Melissa

Hi,

Today I walked outside and did the PT exercises for my UB.

Debbie - it's overwhelming. I do feel like I am working out all day long. I have to remember it's only temporary. I have a friend with 4 stage cancer, she refuses to get treatment. She lost both her son's. I hope your friend will follow the doctors recommendations. Great job on the walk and leg workout. It does feel like fall.

Cookie - my physical therapist recommended https://www.amazon.com/BlueRanger-S...f-408a-bfe7-70bf7813fca4&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mi to get my range of motions back. I use my bowfex for the Pulley exercises. It has pulley on it. I do those a few times a day. Hope you got a good night sleep.

Hi Melissa.

Talk to you tomorrow.

'Evening! Just got home from a meeting, which marked the end of one work project! Going to have a glass of prosecco to celebrate. Got in a walk at lunchtime, and it does feel like fall.

Deb, it's almost shocking how quickly the temps dropped. My dh snores and it wakes me up, and then the dogs haven't adapted yet to the time change, causing me to not sleep well. Also, sometimes I can get anxious over things and that doesn't help my sleep either. I'm sure temp plays a role also. Are you enjoying the kitchen now that you're all settled in?

Belinda, taking care of yourself is so important, and TG you make it a priority. I'm going to order that shoulder pulley. Both dh and I have shoulder issues, but I let him think I'm getting it for him. Your poor friend having already lost two sons!

Melissa, bet you're having a busy week. Hope all is well.

Good morning,

STS D3 Legs is done. I also did my PT exercises.

Cookie - yes, you have to take care of yourself. I do find the pulley great for range of motion in my rotator/shoulder. Sorry you and your DH have both shoulder issue. You are funny letting him think you buying it for him, lol. I think my friend doesn't have the will to live after the loss of her sons. Which is sad. Are you getting Cathe's new STS? I don't know if I need anymore dvd's/workouts?

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Hi everyone! Quick checkin for me today: I'm at a conference in Austin and have less free time than I initially thought I would lol. Workouts this week have been...not so good. Poor time management on my part! hoping to get back in the swing when I return Monday!

I'll get to personals and all of that then! Hope you all are having a fantastic week and enjoy your weekend!! :)

'Evening! Got a walk in at lunchtime, but took a nap late this afternoon! I needed it.

Deb, are you supposed to get a lot of rain tomorrow?

Belinda, I can totally understand your friend's thinking. I can't imagine going thru all that. Ordered the shoulder thing!

Melissa, Austin is so much fun. Hope you get to enjoy it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.